ATP Players Suck Big Time..... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ATP Players Suck Big Time.....

mp3junkie
08-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Think about it.... If Roger is sucking ass in this tournament and still make the final, it should tell all of us that the current ATP players suck big time. Why is Roger in the finals when he has played so poorly? Why has no one beaten him? It has to be the quality of the rest of the players. It's just ridiculous that no one can seem to challenge Federer with the exception of Nadal.

ATP players need to step it up and challenge Federer. Get your ass in the gym, work on your techniques. It's becomming a joke in my opinion. I know those ATP players are embarrased when they continue to lose to Federer.

People will probably get upset with me for saying this but you know it's true.

DanEd
08-21-2005, 12:38 AM
coz he is one the best players ever and most players (bah everyone except nadal)are scared of him

Havok
08-21-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't think you really understand how good of a player Roger is. Even a rusty as hell Roger can beat MANY players. Mind you Roger really didn't face anybody big so far in Cincinatti, but considering the mental letdowns both his possible opponents have vs him (Roddick/Hewitt) he'll likely come out the winner.

oneandonlyhsn
08-21-2005, 01:21 AM
One of the most retarded posts I've read so far

NYCtennisfan
08-21-2005, 01:27 AM
hink about it.... If Roger is sucking ass in this tournament and still make the final, it should tell all of us that the current ATP players suck big time.

Have you thought about the fact that maybe this tells you how great Federer is?

Fumus
08-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Yea, see Roger played bad for Roger that's pretty damn good for everyone else....well not really, see Roger blows some stuff here and there but basically when it's crunch time he turns it on like a champ...if he didn't we wouldn't be talking about him at all.

JeNn
08-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Yes and No to the thread starter's proposition.

Yes, in that a lot of players seem to be very mentally frail against Federer. Federer has won probably three matches this week when playing very crap by being much stronger mentally that his opposition.

BUT Roger had a pretty comfortable draw all things considered. If he got Berdych in the first round, in this type of form, he probably would have lost.

Sjengster
08-21-2005, 02:36 AM
Just to let you know Naldo, Haas has 7 titles, not 9.

disturb3d
08-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Tennis as a whole is a joke. It's extremely poorly organised, and a decreasing number of kids pick up a racquet.

When a player wins every tournament he attends, you now the sports' potential hasn't been reached.
Unlike table tennis; where the world number one struggles to beat the world no. 250.

mp3junkie
08-21-2005, 04:42 AM
One of the most retarded posts I've read so far

What's so retarded about this post? It's the damn truth and you know it. You are the one that's fucking retarded.

Havok
08-21-2005, 04:49 AM
Just to let you know Naldo, Haas has 7 titles, not 9.
Thanks, must have completely read it wrong when I checked it on the atp site.;)

uNIVERSE mAN
08-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Think about it.... If Roger is sucking ass in this tournament and still make the final, it should tell all of us that the current ATP players suck big time. Why is Roger in the finals when he has played so poorly? Why has no one beaten him? It has to be the quality of the rest of the players. It's just ridiculous that no one can seem to challenge Federer with the exception of Nadal.

ATP players need to step it up and challenge Federer. Get your ass in the gym, work on your techniques. It's becomming a joke in my opinion. I know those ATP players are embarrased when they continue to lose to Federer.

People will probably get upset with me for saying this but you know it's true.

what the hell are you so pissed off about? did you lose a bet? If it's so easy, why don't you give it a shot.

mp3junkie
08-21-2005, 05:19 AM
what the hell are you so pissed off about? did you lose a bet? If it's so easy, why don't you give it a shot.

I am not pissed at all. It's just frustrating to know that everytime players come up against Roger, they know that they are going to lose to him. I just want them to step it up and perform better against Federer. It just tells you something about the tour when Roger is playing at 50 to 60% and still will win this tournament. See, Roger will stomp all over Roddick because he does not have any weapons to challenge Roger at all. It's sad because Roddick is considered an elite player but can never win againt Federer ever.

Wouldn't you be embarrased or upset to lose to a player time and time again...Never winning the big trophy....Always second fiddle. I don't care what the players say in public, I know they are pissed that they are unable to do anything to challenge Federer.

This is my position and I will not be convinced otherwise.

Paialii
08-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Winning when you're playing like shit is what makes a champion a champion. As someone that's watched Serena Williams play (who USED to be the dominating-like Federer of women's tennis) it was quite apparent that she would often be playing like total crap, even against top players, and be able to fight and pull off a win like Federer has been doing this tournament.

It's what the best players are capable of: finding a way. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what TRULY separates someone like Federer from someone like Roddick. It's not ALL in the TENNIS ability, but in the mindset of the player. Roger's stronger mentally than anyone out there, IMO.

amierin
08-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Yes, in that a lot of players seem to be very mentally frail against Federer. Federer has won probably three matches this week when playing very crap by being much stronger mentally that his opposition.

BUT Roger had a pretty comfortable draw all things considered. If he got Berdych in the first round, in this type of form, he probably would have lost.

As someone said the best, the mentally strong, find a way to win. But if anyone studied the draw when it first came out you had Rafa, Roddick, Henman, Hewitt all on one side of the draw. The other side had Federer and Safin. Rafa drew Berdych in the first round. Fatigue cost him the match but it still went three sets and a rested Rafa would've won. Nothing against Federer, on his worst days he can outplay almost everyone, but he was given a cakewalk to the Final. Only Safin stood in his way.

I hope the US Open seeds more fairly and doesn't stack the deck against Rafa or anyone else for that matter. When you have cupcake draws the winner is always suspect.

TennisLurker
08-21-2005, 07:37 AM
no, fed is that good

stebs
08-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Fed hasn't played any great players in Cincy but now if he plays the same he will lose to Roddick but i think he will up his game when he needs to to. The mark of a true champion is to play badly and still grind out the results.

sigmagirl91
08-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Winning when you're playing like shit is what makes a champion a champion. As someone that's watched Serena Williams play (who USED to be the dominating-like Federer of women's tennis) it was quite apparent that she would often be playing like total crap, even against top players, and be able to fight and pull off a win like Federer has been doing this tournament.

It's what the best players are capable of: finding a way. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what TRULY separates someone like Federer from someone like Roddick. It's not ALL in the TENNIS ability, but in the mindset of the player. Roger's stronger mentally than anyone out there, IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

nobama
08-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Roger was given a cakewalk to the final, just like Rafa was in Montreal. Andy won't be a cakewalk today, especially with Roger's crappy return game this week. But I'm sure CBS was hoping for a Fed/Roddick final.

jrm
08-21-2005, 02:46 PM
My God, some people are never satisfied!

bad gambler
08-21-2005, 02:49 PM
My God, some people are never satisfied!

couldn't have said it better myself

Experimentee
08-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Roger had a very good draw to get to the final. A better player than Ginepri would have won. You should say this only if he still plays like crap and beats Roddick, if Roddick was playing well.

amierin
08-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Roger was given a cakewalk to the final, just like Rafa was in Montreal. Andy won't be a cakewalk today, especially with Roger's crappy return game this week. But I'm sure CBS was hoping for a Fed/Roddick final.

I agree CBS wanted a Fed/Roddick final. I still think pain in his feet or no pain Roger will win although not as easily as he did the last time. Andy has learned to rein himself in and he's been really calm the last two matches. If that holds today, if he can stay focused, he will play Federer well but not well enough to win.

And IIRC Rafa was not given a cakewalk to the final in Montreal. He faced Moya, Puerta, Mathieu and in the final Agassi.

Kristen
08-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't particularly see it that the rest of the ATP is a joke, I just see Roger as being at a very high level. I don't know if he's seen as some "supreme being" that intimidates them, just by being on the court, but I've no doubt that even when he's playing like crap, he's still playing quite well.

thrust
08-21-2005, 03:49 PM
If only Sampras was in his prime now! There is no doubt Roger is one of the all-time greats, It^s just unfortunate that except for Nadal-on a very good day-Roger has little real competition. Sampras had to play much tougher players, for most of his carrer-IMHO

mp3junkie
08-21-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't particularly see it that the rest of the ATP is a joke, I just see Roger as being at a very high level. I don't know if he's seen as some "supreme being" that intimidates them, just by being on the court, but I've no doubt that even when he's playing like crap, he's still playing quite well.

But the simple problem with this is that, Roger and Nadal are the only players that win consistently. The rest of the players just don't win tournaments when either Roger or Nadal are playing. There is something wrong with that.

liptea
08-21-2005, 08:33 PM
haha, the only players that come out free-swinging are the ones that Roger could beat if he had the plague. And the ones that could beat him are too intimidated to be free-swinging. I think Roger wins.

PaulieM
08-21-2005, 08:48 PM
I agree CBS wanted a Fed/Roddick final. I still think pain in his feet or no pain Roger will win although not as easily as he did the last time. Andy has learned to rein himself in and he's been really calm the last two matches. If that holds today, if he can stay focused, he will play Federer well but not well enough to win.

And IIRC Rafa was not given a cakewalk to the final in Montreal. He faced Moya, Puerta, Mathieu and in the final Agassi.
roger had a pretty easy draw but so did rafa last week, moya is having his worst year in ages, and hadn't puerta not won a match on hardcourts till last week or something like that. mathieu can play really well or he can play like a complete ass. agassi is a tough match but even that can be debatable at times. either way you can only play the people the draw gives you :shrug:

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-22-2005, 12:21 PM
At least we can look forward to the ninja getting his ass kicked when he meets up with Rafa on clay.

ensaimada
09-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Ahm.. don't be so sure of that! I mean... he might have an issue with clay, and Nadal may have improved and may have the "i'm just 19" courage to go on court without shiting his pants, but all in all what we had at Roland Garros was a once in a lifetime opportunity. And that's because there's no other player in the ATP up for the second lead in this "Sampras Agassi - Part Two" duel with Fed. There's no one to match him in skills, and the only way he can get his ass kicked is to meet an occasional genious like Safin (yeah, i'll never forget the aussie final :worship: ) or an incredibly strong, ambiton-fueled Nadal on his birthday :devil:

alfonsojose
09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
i thougth this wasn't about tennis :devil:

Nikki♥
09-22-2005, 05:20 PM
What are they sucking? Lollipops?