Roddick should beat Lleyton [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick should beat Lleyton

pravda
08-20-2005, 02:50 PM
I can see Roddick causing an upset and beating Hewitt today. Roddick is serving like an animal this tournament and re discovered his best form. We all know he's at his best on US soil, meanwhile Hewitt isn't the same player since he got married. Last match up was very close, so I think this time Roddick can win.

GO ANDY!!!!

its.like.that
08-20-2005, 02:51 PM
:kiss:

Bilbo
08-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Roddick is serve only. Won't work against Lleyton. Hewitt will rip him a new one and send his luck back to where it belongs.

Wonder why so many people still think Roddick is a top player. His time is over. Get over it already.

pravda
08-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Roddick is serve only. Won't work against Lleyton. Hewitt will rip him a new one and send his luck back to where it belongs.

Wonder why so many people still think Roddick is a top player. His time is over. Get over it already.

Be careful. Roddick is a different player on US Soil. He found his confidence this week by escaping vs Ferrero. Since then he's like a new player. I never said he's better than Lleyton, but the time is right here for a win.

FIGHT ANDY FIGHT!!!!

mitalidas
08-20-2005, 02:55 PM
After being taken to three sets by Ferrero and Youzhny, I definitely don't think roddick's game has clicked much this tournament. He has done very little to develop more parts of his game, and his serve is being read better and better by everyone --definitely expect Lleyton to win this

surfpinky
08-20-2005, 02:56 PM

if he wasn't good he wouldn't still be in the top ten :]

pravda
08-20-2005, 02:56 PM
After being taken to three sets by Ferrero and Youzhny, I definitely don't think roddick's game has clicked much this tournament. He has done very little to develop more parts of his game, and his serve is being read better and better by everyone --definitely expect Lleyton to win this

Roddick is clocking 145mph on crucial TB points. A good sign that he is serving big under pressure. That's more typical of Andy at his best.

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Be careful. Roddick is a different player on US Soil. He found his confidence this week by escaping vs Ferrero. Since then he's like a new player. I never said he's better than Lleyton, but the time is right here for a win.

FIGHT ANDY FIGHT!!!!

That doesn't matter to a player like Hewitt. He's beaten Andy on US soil every time they played. Hewitt's lone loss to Roddick was in...drum roll, please...England at Stella Artois.

bad gambler
08-20-2005, 02:59 PM
wayno :rocker2:

sigmagirl91

And win an astounding twenty points in a row? Sure...expect it. By the way, what time will the matches start today?

World Beater
Roddick is clocking 145mph on crucial TB points. A good sign that he is serving big under pressure. That's more typical of Andy at his best.

That was esp evident when he threw in a double fault in the TB against Ferrero in the first set after having a minibreak! :p

Seriously, Roddick looks better. But he will need more than mental tenacity to beat hewitt this time. He toughed it out against mentally weaker players, youhzny and ferrero. But hewy is a diff ball game!

pravda
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Look at the last two match ups. Lots of tie breaks. This week Roddick is serving like an animal during tie breaks and should fare better.

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 03:01 PM

Nonetheless, that doesn't make a difference against an exceptional retriever/returner like Hewitt. All Hewitt has to do is make a solid return against the Roddick serve, and he would win the point 80% of the time. That's enough for him to win the match, in my opinion.

pravda
08-20-2005, 03:01 PM
That was esp evident when he threw in a double fault in the TB against Ferrero in the first set after having a minibreak! :p

Seriously, Roddick looks better. But he will need more than mental tenacity to beat hewitt this time. He toughed it out against mentally weaker players, youhzny and ferrero. But hewy is a diff ball game!

Ferrero isn't weak. He's a Grand Slam champion and one hell of a fighter.
Youzhny is also a great talent. It's not easy to beat players like this.

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Look at the last two match ups. Lots of tie breaks. This week Roddick is serving like an animal during tie breaks and should fare better.

Again, Roddick would practically have to serve Hewitt off the court to beat him. Past history suggests that it's not likely. We'll see about today, though.

Skyward
08-20-2005, 03:02 PM
meanwhile Hewitt isn't the same player since he got married.

Huh? I don't follow his affairs, but wasn't he married like a couple of weeks ago? Too early for conclusions...

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 03:03 PM

Hewitt's won a GS too, and is THE hell of a fighter, so using Youzhny and Ferrero as examples is kind of pushing it. If he carries similar form against Hewitt today, then he will be eaten alive. Count on it.

World Beater
08-20-2005, 03:04 PM

Youzhny and ferrero are not weak in absolute terms, but Roddick is much tougher than both of them!

pravda
08-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Hewitt's won a GS too, and is THE hell of a fighter, so using Youzhny and Ferrero as examples is kind of pushing it. If he carries similar form against Hewitt today, then he will be eaten alive. Count on it.

I know Hewitt is a great player. I was simply saying that don't discount Roddick's efforts in defeating quality players such as Juanqui & Youzhny.

World Beater
08-20-2005, 03:06 PM
I know Hewitt is a great player. I was simply saying that don't discount Roddick's efforts in defeating quality players such as Juanqui & Youzhny.

Yes but Hewitt is a different ball game altogether! Hewitt is much tougher than FErrero adn Youzhny. Even on bad days, hewitt can still win. The same can't be said of ferrero and youzhny

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Quality players? Ferrero..yes. Youzhny.. can we talk? Hewitt is a class above those two players. Having won one more GS than Ferrero, and two more than Youzhny (I have yet to see Youzhny achieve a notable result in the slams to be classed with Ferrero and Hewitt), so your argument makes no sense. Unless Hewitt is having a really crappy day (and please don't use the recent marriage as a yardstick to measure his current performance. It's a weak argument right now. Wait until October to see if the marriage has any bearing), you can count on Hewitt taking this.

World Beater
08-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Roddick may win, but it will still be moderately surprising.

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Roddick may win, but it will still be moderately surprising.

Yes, considering that Hewitt practically has his number on the bigger occasions.

World Beater
08-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Yes, considering that Hewitt practically has his number on the bigger occasions.

How about any occasion! :p

mickymouse
08-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Hewitt knows how to play Roddick, and based on their QF matches, I still think Hewitt is in better form than Roddick.

roberta
08-20-2005, 03:13 PM
:ras: .....C´MON LLEYTON!!!!! :hug: :woohoo: ;)

tennisman.
08-20-2005, 03:15 PM

You are wrong!!!

Experimentee
08-20-2005, 03:18 PM
I want Roddick to win but I expect Hewitt to win it. Roddick hasnt looked his best this whole US hardcourt swing.

Bilbo
08-20-2005, 03:19 PM
You are wrong!!!

Rusty will send his sore ass back to papa George. :haha:

sigmagirl91
I want Roddick to win but I expect Hewitt to win it. Roddick hasnt looked his best this whole US hardcourt swing.

Exactly my point. If current form holds, Hewitt should win.

superpinkone37
Andy should beat Hewitt, but he more than likely won't. People always remember that match last year where Lleyton won the last 20 points...I'll admit, its hard to forget that match. But their last couple of matches have been extremely close and a point or two in those TBs could have changed the match. So, a few lucky shots today could too.

What's funny is that according to vbetting, Andy is the favorite :haha: :haha:

edit: I guess they changed it...last night they had Andy as the favorite but now Lleyton is :lol:

World Beater

He was looking great in the 3rd set against ferrero, but yeah thats abt it!

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 03:20 PM
How about any occasion! :p

Yes, I would agree ;)

$@M
08-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, with the crowd behind A-Rod, hopefully he can play and serve as his usual. If he can, we'll have a good match to watch, if not, like how he lost to Mathieu first round last tourney, then it'll be one way traffic for Hewitt.

There're doubts on Lleyton's form since he got married, esp after how he pulled out first round match last tourney against Serra, but i think he's regained most part of his games now, esp with his wife watching him every matches... H2H shows Hewitt clear favourite. and after watching A-Rod playing against Mathieu, Ferrero and Youzhny last night, I think Hewitt is ahead.

That's my opinion.

madmanfool
08-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Roddick has to serve very well, not just fast serves, because that hardly effects Hewitt at all, but well placed mixed serves
He should be able to get Hewitt off balance to line up his forehand

But personally I don't see Roddick winning, Lleyton's game is build on destroying aggressive players like Roddick

Raquel
08-20-2005, 03:30 PM
This is Andy's best chance to beat Lleyton in a while, but I'd say Lleyton was still favourite. Lleyton since Wimbledon has only played 6 full matches and two of them were on grass. He was ill last week and looked out of sorts in his first two matches here (the first set he lost to Greg was honestly just about the worst and most un Lleyton-like set I've ever seen him play). He's picked it up the last two rounds though. Andy's had a lot more matches and a lot more wins in the last 4/5 weeks but going 3 tight sets with JCF and Youzhny would suggest if they can push him that far, Lleyton certainly can.

The last 3 Hewitt v Roddick matches, Lleyton has been in great form going into the match and having good runs. Here, he is still not 100% and not in as good form as he was going into their last 3, and therefore Andy has a better chance today than he did going into those matches I think. Lleyton still the favourite though. Go Rusty :yeah:

Merton
08-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Leyton is the slight favourite but i have the feeling Andy will win.

wimbledonfan
08-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Perhaps Roddicks greatest achievement came on canadian soil when he took out Roger Federer in the semis of the 2003 rogers cup . That being said , it is good that he is finding some of his old form as of late since his serve has really befuddled him in recent months . His second serve is rather predictable and is usually sliced out wide when he should at times rip it down the t with a flatter shot .

1sun
08-20-2005, 03:39 PM
hewitt will outclass roddick, beat him to a pulp, make him mad, piss him of, and then finaly make him cry and im gonna love every second of it.

1sun
08-20-2005, 03:41 PM
He was looking great in the 3rd set against ferrero, but yeah thats abt it!
ferrero's play dropped about 10 levels

nobama
08-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Will this be another case where Hewitt slaps around Roddick in the semis and then gets slapped around by Fed in the finals (assuming Fed takes care of Ginepri)?

LLeytonRules
08-20-2005, 03:48 PM
I guess this will be my final :( , might as well watch LLeyton roast the duck once again and then see LLeyton go down to Federer should Federer win his semis, which he should.

1sun
08-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Will this be another case where Hewitt slaps around Roddick in the semis and then gets slapped around by Fed in the finals (assuming Fed takes care of Ginepri)?
heres hoping it will be

Effka
08-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Most of you say way no, i say why not?
The truth is Hewitt knows how to beat Andy and his game suites him well. I hope it's gonna change tonight. Andy, it's NOW or never goddamnit!!!

1sun
08-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Most of you say way no, i say why not?
The truth is Hewitt knows how to beat Andy and his game suites him well. I hope it's gonna change tonight. Andy, it's NOW or never goddamnit!!!
never

Effka
08-20-2005, 04:12 PM
never

I had never believed in miracles in tennis, untill Gaudio won RG. So let me stay my way.

Nimomunz
08-20-2005, 04:24 PM
andy will do this well. hewitt will lose then andy will play ginepri who will beat him like he did in indy

amierin
08-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Hewitt will get on Andy's nerves and unless Andy holds it together he'll self destruct giving Potato a win.

Ginepri over Federer? I don't think Fed is playing well but he's not going to do what Marat did yesterday. If it goes three sets maybe Ginepri has a chance.

Nishy
08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
I want to Andy to win but I heard he has have stomach sickness so Hewitt will win.
And Hewitt knows how to play & annoy lol Andy.

mangoes
08-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I really, really, really hope Andy kicks Hewitt's Ass.

oneandonlyhsn
08-20-2005, 05:37 PM
:haha: It never ceases to amaze me how Hewitt is always seen as the underdog against Roddick

1sun
08-20-2005, 05:40 PM
I had never believed in miracles in tennis, untill Gaudio won RG. So let me stay my way.
lol, ok

NYCtennisfan
08-20-2005, 10:00 PM
It won't be an upset either way no matter who wins. Some of the posters here are saying that Roddick has no chance. Do you really believe that? Hewitt may very well win but if Roddick does, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

safdem
08-20-2005, 10:03 PM
i think lleyton will win

guida
08-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, unless Andy comes up with a whole new game strategy overnight :rolleyes: and forgets he's playing the most get-on-your-nerves, never-say-die, I'll-run-till-I-drop player on the Tour (not to mention his worst enemy in head-to-head terms), Lleyton will predictably go on to lose in the final.

pravda
08-21-2005, 12:34 AM
what did i say? no one believed me but Roddick is serving like an animal this week. What a performance, props to you Andy! :rocker:

star
08-21-2005, 12:35 AM
:bigclap: for you. :)

Fumus
08-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Yea, do you think Roddick should beat Federer?

star
08-21-2005, 12:37 AM
:lol:

tangerine_dream
08-21-2005, 12:42 AM
I love threads like this. People who think they're smart and "in the know" look really stupid right now. Enjoy eating the crow, MTF 'tard Lessons #5, 6, 7, and 8. :lol:

bilbo: "Roddick is serve only. Won't work against Lleyton. Hewitt will rip him a new one and send his luck back to where it belongs.Wonder why so many people still think Roddick is a top player. His time is over. Get over it already."

mitalidas: "He has done very little to develop more parts of his game, and his serve is being read better and better by everyone --definitely expect Lleyton to win this"

sigmagirl: "Hewitt's won a GS too, and is THE hell of a fighter, so using Youzhny and Ferrero as examples is kind of pushing it. If he carries similar form against Hewitt today, then he will be eaten alive. Count on it."

1sun: "Hewitt will outclass roddick, beat him to a pulp, make him mad, piss him of, and then finaly make him cry and im gonna love every second of it."

Arcadion
08-21-2005, 12:43 AM

That doesn't matter to a player like Hewitt. He's beaten Andy on US soil every time they played. Hewitt's lone loss to Roddick was in...drum roll, please...England at Stella Artois.
Rusty will send his sore ass back to papa George. :haha:
hewitt will outclass roddick, beat him to a pulp, make him mad, piss him of, and then finaly make him cry and im gonna love every second of it.
I guess this will be my final :( , might as well watch LLeyton roast the duck once again and then see LLeyton go down to Federer should Federer win his semis, which he should.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA
eat that, haters!

1sun
08-21-2005, 12:46 AM
roddick got lucky

Arcadion
08-21-2005, 12:49 AM
roddick got lucky

Sureeeeeeeee. www.haveacry.com :)

star
08-21-2005, 12:53 AM
roddick got lucky

Well, of course he did!! Roddick gets lucky every single time he wins a match. He's the luckiest guy on the face of the earth. Definitely the luckiest to play tennis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1sun
08-21-2005, 12:55 AM
roddick got lucky

blosson
08-21-2005, 01:02 AM
It was about time Andy "gets lucky".

star
08-21-2005, 01:11 AM
You are pushing your luck now, Pravda. :lol:

tangerine_dream
08-21-2005, 01:14 AM
eat that, haters!
How many good reps did you get? :lol:

star
08-21-2005, 01:22 AM
I think I'll put some vCash on Fed. My betting on someone pretty much guarantees a loss. :) :) :)

Merton
08-21-2005, 01:32 AM
I don't understand, Hewitt fans like star and bad gambler have been gracious, why do some Federer fans appear to belittle Andy's win?

tangerine_dream
08-21-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't understand, Hewitt fans like star and bad gambler have been gracious, why do some Federer fans appear to belittle Andy's win?
The Fedtards have always been afraid of Roddick. He threatens them and he threatens Roger, apparently. :D

aceit
08-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Pure luck, DUH.

guida
08-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Well, unless Andy comes up with a whole new game strategy overnight :rolleyes: and forgets he's playing the most get-on-your-nerves, never-say-die, I'll-run-till-I-drop player on the Tour (not to mention his worst enemy in head-to-head terms), Lleyton will predictably go on to lose in the final.

Whoa, it soooo pays to be pessimistic! :bounce::banana::yeah:

nobama
08-21-2005, 02:03 AM
eat that, haters!I'm not a Roddick hater, I was just going by past history. This is the first time Andy has beaten Lleyton on hard court. Roger has bitch slapped both of them around on multiple surfaces. But based on his piss poor play this week, Andy may be the one doing the bitch slapping tomorrow.

Dirk
08-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Roddick played a better match. It's not like these fans won't ever celebrate another Hewitt win over Roddick. I don't get the luck posts.

Dirk
08-21-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm not a Roddick hater, I was just going by past history. This is the first time Andy has beaten Lleyton on hard court. Roger has bitch slapped both of them around on multiple surfaces. But based on his piss poor play this week, Andy may be the one doing the bitch slapping tomorrow.

Your lack of faith in Roger disappoints me. :sad:

Arcadion
08-21-2005, 06:04 AM
How many good reps did you get? :lol:
:eek: just a few ;)
Thanks everyone!