Should the ATP Eliminate Doubles Tennis? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Should the ATP Eliminate Doubles Tennis?

Mistaflava
08-20-2005, 03:33 AM
Doubles tennis is the biggest joke on earth. If it were up to me I would eliminate it and stop wasting everyone's time. We have had this discussion several times over the last few weeks and enough is enough.

Doubles tennis is stupid because:

1) It was invented by fat out of shape people who don't have the stamina to play alone on one side of the court

2) Would you watch Boxing Doubles? Enough said...

3) Who the hell wants to wait an extra 25 minutes to see their favorite singles player come on the court because they have to finish a bullshit doubles match.

4) Who watches it? Nobody...stop wasting our time.

5) If you can't play singles, get a life or go play another sport.

6) Doubles should be played in recreational parks only...by senior citizens or fat people.

I apologize in advance if I offended anyone with these comments but they are the truth. I know all the little kids will run and bad rep but I don't give a shit. Doubles is the biggest waste of time and the ATP would be smart to get rid of it and possibly expand the size of some tournaments.

:eek:

Fee
08-20-2005, 03:39 AM
No, I love doubles. Some of the best matches I have seen in the last two years have been doubles matches. It's part of tennis. Keep it.

GonzoFan
08-20-2005, 03:49 AM
I only like doubles when Gonzo and Massu play they are so fun to watch when they are playing together :yeah:

But I must say that in some points you are right Mistaflava especially in
3) Who the hell wants to wait an extra 25 minutes to see their favorite singles player come on the court because they have to finish a bullshit doubles match

and

oneandonlyhsn
08-20-2005, 03:58 AM
I love Mixed Doubles, best Wimby matches were played by Kimmi/Ollie and Pierce/Bhupati

NYCtennisfan
08-20-2005, 04:04 AM
LOL! I disagree with you but that was funny.

Björki
08-20-2005, 06:16 AM
No!!

Chloe le Bopper
08-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Why do people so often post really stupid shit and then proclaim it as the truth? Like, aren't there funnier way to start arguments and pose as a bad ass?

ae wowww
08-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Doubles tennis is the biggest joke on earth. If it were up to me I would eliminate it and stop wasting everyone's time. We have had this discussion several times over the last few weeks and enough is enough.

1) It was invented by fat out of shape people who don't have the stamina to play alone on one side of the court

3) Who the hell wants to wait an extra 25 minutes to see their favorite singles player come on the court because they have to finish a bullshit doubles match.

6) Doubles should be played in recreational parks only...by senior citizens or fat people.

I apologize in advance if I offended anyone with these comments but they are the truth. I know all the little kids will run and bad rep but I don't give a shit. Doubles is the biggest waste of time and the ATP would be smart to get rid of it and possibly expand the size of some tournaments.

:lol: :hatoff:

The Pro
08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Why do people so often post really stupid shit and then proclaim it as the truth? Like, aren't there funnier way to start arguments and pose as a bad ass?

You're a blunt, mean girl. But I couldn't agree more!

Alvarillo
08-20-2005, 01:27 PM
nooo ! i like doubles ! it's funny!

Beforehand
08-20-2005, 02:21 PM
For me, it wouldn't be a problem at all, because I dislike doubles, but I certainly don't think they should just eliminate it just because I don't like it.

David Kenzie
08-20-2005, 02:55 PM
It doesn't waste anybody's time if you don't watch the doubles matches. This is the stupidest post I've seen today. It's not like they cancel singles matches to show doubles, and doubles are hardly ever on TV anyway.
If you don't play tennis then that explains everything, but if you do then shame on you.

nermo
08-20-2005, 04:17 PM
No, they shouldn't , Doubles may get less attention than singles, but it's not a reason, it's a class of the game,an important one i think,..they should get some ideas to draw some attention,more popularity to it..this may help..

Papakori
08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
No, certainly not! What will happen to things like Davis Cup and Hopman Cup, I know it is ITF but I think ATP need to keep doubles!

sharpeirob
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Dont be a dickhead, yet again

Leo
08-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Dont be a dickhead, yet again

Not really an option, unfortunately. Born a dickhead, always a dickhead.

Doubles is under-appreciated to say the least.

Chloe le Bopper
08-20-2005, 06:20 PM
You're a blunt, mean girl. But I couldn't agree more!

lol

Thanks!

ae wowww
08-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Bunch of legends in this thread :D Apart from the idiot that started it!

Sjengster
08-20-2005, 08:21 PM
The words of an utter barbarian.

michelleg
08-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Sorry, golf is the sport invented for geriatrics and fat people.

Scotso
08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Doubles is more fun than singles.

bad gambler
08-20-2005, 09:43 PM
each to their own, but i like the doubles - gives some variety to the OOP's

1sun
08-20-2005, 10:00 PM

lol.
i couldnt really care less to be honest, singles is the only thing im interested in and DC doubles

CooCooCachoo
08-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Stand-up comedy is not your thing.

superpinkone37
08-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Doubles...WOOT!
No, the ATP should not get rid of doubles.

Nice try though lol ;)

cobalt60
08-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Having just watched 2 weeks of pro men's tennis I will say that I enjoyed watching the doubles more than the singles. To each his own. And with the rule changes, the ATP may just end up killing doubles all by its lonesome.

perfect_spy
08-27-2005, 10:26 PM
The starter of this thread is just mad they can't play doubles, and is always loesing to old and fat people...

*karen*
08-27-2005, 11:01 PM
I love watching doubles. Unfortunately they only show wimbledon doubles here. I'm not a serious tennis player so i find that it's much more enjoyable to play doubles than singles.

delsa
08-27-2005, 11:55 PM
More doubles on tv!!! That's (for a start...) what will make more ppl attracted to it not those stupid changes of rules which will only achieve to bring its death...

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b018.gif
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b021.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b024.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b031.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b014.gif
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b013.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b024.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b030.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b011.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b021.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b014.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/set/b028.gif

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a070.gif

And Mistaflava likes to attract ppl's attention by acting as if he had no brain...He must have been traumatised by not being the popular guy at school as a kid or something... :devil:

Kristen
08-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I wonder if the word 'wanker' or "flamin' mongrel" mean anything in Canada. No, we don't say the second one here (unless we are Alf Stewart).

Kat!
08-28-2005, 12:23 PM
:scratch: hmmm the person who started this thread just wanted some attention right? now here.... I've bumped it up for you. Did I mention you're such a genius?

Doubles :rocker2:

Mistaflava
08-28-2005, 12:33 PM
did I mention you're an idiot?

Doubles is a joke and will always be a joke. END OF STORY!

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Hey no one is an idiot here, we just have different opinions - I voted for the doubles btw :p I happen to enjoy watching it - less than singles, but it's still tennis... I'd rather watch tennis doubles over any sport anytime.

Sandra
08-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Of course not i cannot say i am a fan but some like it more,and there are good players playing doubles as well very good..and what chram could the DC have without doubles?

Sandra
08-28-2005, 06:08 PM
did I mention you're an idiot?

Doubles is a joke and will always be a joke. END OF STORY!
You are one for saying such things and for having a Beckham avatar :ras::p

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 06:26 PM
No, no, Sandee, be good! :p No idiots here! :angel:

Sandra
08-28-2005, 06:36 PM
only those who like Becks ;):p

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 06:46 PM
:haha: :spit: I'm keeping my mouth shut here!

Sandra
08-28-2005, 06:47 PM
But i am right and you know it :cool:

Suzi
08-28-2005, 06:58 PM
You are one for saying such things and for having a Beckham avatar :ras::p

:haha: too true :tape:

anyways i voted for doubles, i wish more was shown on tele but we only get wimby ones like Karen said!

Sandra
08-28-2005, 07:00 PM
And dont forget the Davis Cup :cool:

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 07:04 PM
OK OK, you have it, Beckham sucks!!! :p But everybody knows that :rolleyes:

Sandra
08-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Except Mistaflava :p

Aleksa's Laydee
08-28-2005, 07:50 PM
No No No Keep it, it rocks!!!

Sandra
08-28-2005, 08:02 PM
:yeah:

liptea
08-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I never thought it was possible for one poster to be a bigot, a wannabe comedian and an idiot all at the same time. You need an award!

Tinne
08-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Doubles is the best! I love it! Quick hands, fast reflexes. Very exciting points! And it has some great teams to promote! If only they would...

DOUBLES YES! ATP NO!

El Legenda
08-29-2005, 08:21 AM
its only Aug. but Mistaflava takes the MTF Idiot of 2005 award. congrats..now go get ready for 2006.

Sugar Kane
08-29-2005, 08:33 AM
:rolls: This thread has taken a whole different dimension! :haha:

Nathaliia
08-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Idiots, non-idiots... That's not me who should judge, but for sure it's the person who likes to provocate.

I enjoy watching singles game on TV, those players get far more attention. Why do they get it? Because someone above has decided doubles is not interesting and through ages it isn't promoted. People who get annoyed by doubles are most likely the ones who follow like sheeps the others clues. If they showed more doubles on TV I'd be satisfied because of the emotion. I'm not going to describe the game - just who has the doubts should come to a doubles match in any tournament, singles would never have such atmosphere.

Besides, I think the whole cycling should be cancelled. All the riders have asthma or heart-problems, at least that's what they say when they get caught on dope. They should go to hospital instead of climbing the mountains - big lol.

Sugar Kane
08-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I agree on cycling, but only because I find it very boring :devil: But...there a lot of people who watch it, so I'll think again. OK, keep it :angel:

Sandra
08-29-2005, 09:31 AM
its only Aug. but Mistaflava takes the MTF Idiot of 2005 award. congrats..now go get ready for 2006.
:haha: :yeah:

Sandra
08-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Dont cancel cycling :mad::p

delsa
08-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Dont cancel cycling :mad::p
do it! do it! :p No. Just kidding. Some ppl (mostly above 50 years old... :devil: ) like it so...We should please everybody. ;)

Sandra
08-29-2005, 12:59 PM
I am 15 and i like it!:p

Nathaliia
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM
I used to like it when I was 15 as well :) Vamooooos Fernando Escartin and Santiago Botero woohoo :)

Rex
08-29-2005, 04:34 PM
i think doubles is pretty good, it just needs ppl to promote it more, thats all. I mean doubles is nothing like singles, its not just for fat ppl if such fit players are playing it. It is a great kind of tennis, if watched and enjoyed, i certainly think elimination is out of the question.