08-20-2005, 02:40 AM
Rusty rules :rocker2: Nice and quick win, Whose next :armed:

Socket
08-20-2005, 02:42 AM
Go Lleyton!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

LLeytonRules
08-20-2005, 02:43 AM
LLeyton would be winning grand slams now if it wasnt for a guy named Roger Federer.He will go duck-hunting, but as much as it pains me, he will meet Roger once again and lose, doesnt everyone :sad:

GonzoFan
08-20-2005, 02:43 AM
YES !!! C'MON LLEYTON !!!!
Now beat Roddick :rocker2:

+alonso
08-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Well Done Hewitt

bad gambler
08-20-2005, 02:45 AM
LLeyton would be winning grand slams now if it wasnt for a guy named Roger Federer.He will go duck-hunting, but as much as it pains me, he will meet Roger once again and lose, doesnt everyone :sad:

:sad: :sad:

sometimes you just have to say "too good" and deal with it :crying2:

mitalidas
08-20-2005, 02:47 AM

Well, to be honest Lleyton is playing closer to his standard right now than Roger is playing to his standard. I think if they do meet up, it could be closer than it has been of late

Merton
08-20-2005, 02:51 AM
Good win for Leyton, i thought this might be a closer match than it turned out to be.

Mistaflava
08-20-2005, 02:54 AM
The Tennis God wins again...

JeNn
08-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Lleyton :worship:

VenusSerenaRocks
08-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Yay Lleyton! But I want Roddick to win tomorrow!

Billabong
08-20-2005, 03:24 AM
YEAH well done Lleyton, solid match today:)! Now keep it up and go into the finals:D!

DanEd
08-20-2005, 03:31 AM
pretty impressive win against such difficult player like davydenko :eek:
i like his chances against roddick.......

gsm
08-20-2005, 04:26 AM
yay! :)

now roll roddick!!! :devil:

should be a great match (hew v rod) , wish i could see it. :mad:

looking forward to reading comments on the match. :angel:

Dirk
08-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Well, to be honest Lleyton is playing closer to his standard right now than Roger is playing to his standard. I think if they do meet up, it could be closer than it has been of late

Roger played a pretty sloppy match at the wimbledon semis and still won in straights. I don't see Hewitt beating him ever to be honest.

darnyelb
08-20-2005, 05:45 AM
It's strange, Hewitt has had a fantastic past 12 months, but lately his deep runs into big tournaments (Indian Wells, Wimbledon, Cincy) I have barely noticed.

I actually think Roddick will be defeating him tomorrow, avenging last year's result. As great as Hewitt is, I don't understand how their head-to-head is so lopsided.

lucashg
08-20-2005, 06:23 AM
I actually think Roddick will be defeating him tomorrow, avenging last year's result. As great as Hewitt is, I don't understand how their head-to-head is so lopsided.

Because he is better than Roddick? I think Hewitt will win, if he's returning and serving well enough as he usually does.

oneandonlyhsn
08-20-2005, 06:54 AM

Funny how Hewitt is always seen as the underdog against Roddick :scratch:

bad gambler
08-20-2005, 07:05 AM
It's strange, Hewitt has had a fantastic past 12 months, but lately his deep runs into big tournaments (Indian Wells, Wimbledon, Cincy) I have barely noticed.

becuase all the limelight has gone to Nadal and Federer and rightly so given their respective performances this year.

Hewitt will always murder anyone who generates all the pace, he feeds of that and his defensive style of play is suited to that. It's players who have more than that like Safin and Federer is where he runs into troubles becuase to beat them consistently you need to have shots that can hurt them, which at the moment he doesn't quite have.

NYCtennisfan
08-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Hewitt will always murder anyone who generates all the pace, he feeds of that and his defensive style of play is suited to that. It's players who have more than that like Safin and Federer is where he runs into troubles becuase to beat them consistently you need to have shots that can hurt them, which at the moment he doesn't quite have.

The big difference between Roddick and Federer/Safin is that the latter pair can hurt you with their BH and Federer with his net play. Hewitt pins Roddick to his BH for the entire match off of his own serve giving up very few points. Then he does just well enough to earn some breaks off of Roddick's serve when Roddick misses a few 1st serves. It's like that every single time they play. Pin the BH until a mistake is made or a weak shot is hit and then attack with a FH crosscourt to Roddick's FH and then possibly come to net.