Who get's the title of King of Arrogance? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who get's the title of King of Arrogance?

raeesa301
08-19-2005, 03:53 PM
I have to admit it was difficult finding names for this poll compare to all the names I could think of on the women's tour :p .

I know I might have left some names out, bu these are the only names I could think of. ( thanks Castafiore for the help)

Please give reasons for your answers and it is a multiple choice ;) .

Socket
08-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Jimmy Connors.

Mistaflava
08-19-2005, 04:27 PM
of course Hewitt has the most votes because most of you guys all like pansy-ass players. Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick both wear their hearts on their sleeves and play with emotion. Call it arrogant if you want but I call it character. At least you know you get 100% effort all the time from Lleyton.

My vote goes to Roger Federer because his matches are soooooooo boring. I don't think it's arrogance but he's the only one I could think of on this list.

RebelNYC
08-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Jimmy Connors.

My vote as well.

Blaze
08-19-2005, 04:30 PM
of course Hewitt has the most votes because most of you guys all like pansy-ass players. Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick both wear their hearts on their sleeves and play with emotion. Call it arrogant if you want but I call it character. At least you know you get 100% effort all the time from Lleyton.

My vote goes to Roger Federer because his matches are soooooooo boring. I don't think it's arrogance but he's the only one I could think of on this list.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

tangerine_dream
08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Jimmy Connors.
Agreed.

You could clone twenty Hewitts but they still wouldn't be as obnoxious and arrogant as one Jimmy Connors.

njnetswill
08-19-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't find any of these players "arrogant". Playing with emotion on court isn't really arrogance.

oneandonlyhsn
08-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Jimmy Connors gets my vote too

1sun
08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
you seriously need to look up the definition of arrogance.

Mistaflava
08-19-2005, 04:59 PM
you seriously need to look up the definition of arrogance.

I clearly stated that I didn't call it arrogance.

Jogy
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Federer is the most arrogant player today

oneandonlyhsn
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Federer is the most arrogant player today

WEll good to have the troll back

1sun
08-19-2005, 05:06 PM
I clearly stated that I didn't call it arrogance.
you said "I don't think it's arrogance", implying that your not too sure. go get a dictionary.

BD006
08-19-2005, 05:13 PM

HATER.

Björki
08-19-2005, 05:16 PM
where is LaLo? :eek:

raeesa301
08-19-2005, 05:21 PM
i meant active players. I don't think lleyton is arrogant, but a lot of people would've had something to say if i didnt put his name down.

Socket
08-19-2005, 05:22 PM

:rolls: :rolls: :haha: :haha:

*cleans sputtered diet coke off monitor*

Socket
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
i meant active players. I don't think lleyton is arrogant, but a lot of people would've had something to say if i didnt put his name down.
I dare you to tell Connors to his face that he's not active. I double dare you!

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Why isn't Agassi an option? add him.

JMG
08-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Federer has at least an arrogant facial expression, so he got my vote! Honestly, I think he's arrogant indeed.

Castafiore
08-19-2005, 05:27 PM
of course Hewitt has the most votes because most of you guys all like pansy-ass players.
:lol:

Angle Queen
08-19-2005, 05:43 PM
HATER.Here's someone who needs a dictionary. Just because you're not fond of someone's on- or off-court style, or you find them "boring" doesn't mean you're a "hater."

Actually, I don't think any of these guys are particularly arrogant...in the sense that they've all risen to the top echelon of their chosen profession at some point or another in their careers. And if you can walk the walk, you can talk the talk.

I did, however, in the spirit of the poll...vote for Roger. My dictionary says that 'overbearing' is part of the definition.

Roger's game...is overbearing.

:haha:

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Hewitt lacks the class to be arrogant. Stupid is a better word in his case.

disturb3d
08-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Hewitt claims to be better than Safin. Thats about as arrogant as it gets.

BD006
08-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Here's someone who needs a dictionary. Just because you're not fond of someone's on- or off-court style, or you find them "boring" doesn't mean you're a "hater."

Actually, I don't think any of these guys are particularly arrogant...in the sense that they've all risen to the top echelon of their chosen profession at some point or another in their careers. And if you can walk the walk, you can talk the talk.

I did, however, in the spirit of the poll...vote for Roger. My dictionary says that 'overbearing' is part of the definition.

Roger's game...is overbearing.

:haha:

Unfortunately, you may have a dictionary, but you don't know how to use it, or understand proper English grammar for that matter.
"Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance. "
Just because a word is in the definition does not mean that IS the meaning of the word. :rolleyes:
So yes, if you say he's arrogant soley because he's boring, then that's hating because you have no no other part of him you can pick at.

BD006
08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
And I chose Hewitt, cos wasn't he the one b*tching about his seeding at Wimbledon? Class act all the way...

mangoes
08-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Hewitt........................just read his interviews. No need to say more.

Marine
08-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Nadal, Coria, Hewitt look arrogant during a match, not offcourt.
Monfils is sometimes arrogant on the court and offcourt.

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 06:10 PM

No, its just plain stupid.

Deivid23
08-19-2005, 06:11 PM
where is LaLo? :eek:

Good question. We should look for in "most overrated top 50" thread maybe :shrug:

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Nadal, Coria, Hewitt look arrogant during a match, not offcourt.
Monfils is sometimes arrogant on the court and offcourt.

No, thats just the french way. He is no different to Marie-Jose Perec, or Jacques Chirac - with his comments at the IOC 2012 Olympic vote in Singapore.

1sun
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
when did he claim that?

Angle Queen
08-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately, you may have a dictionary, but you don't know how to use it, or understand proper English grammar for that matter.
"Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance. "
Just because a word is in the definition does not mean that IS the meaning of the word. :rolleyes: Excuse me? I've probably been using a dictionary, you know...the kind with real pages and word origins, longer than you've been around. I'll grant you that there are all kinds and versions of dictionaries but my Webster's New World © 2000 shows it as...

ar-ro-gant adj. [[ME & OFr < L arrogans, prp. of arrogare, fol.]]full of or due to unwarranted pride and self-importance; overbearing; haughty

The word "overbearing" was used singularly and I attempted to use it in a funny way to describe Federer's excellent standard of play. I even said I didn’t particularly find any of the listed players as arrogant because of the terminology of the definition. They have all achieved and therefore could be excused from the “unwarranted” portion of the citation.

So yes, if you say he's arrogant soley because he's boring, then that's hating because you have no no other part of him you can pick at.I never said Roger or his style of play was boring (that was a previous poster) and only implied that if one did, that didn't make them a "hater."

Get a grip. Read the entire post. Understand the smilies. And use your dictionary for your own spellings. “Solely” has two Ls.

Rex
08-19-2005, 06:33 PM
coria has to be the one- i find hewitt and nadal more emotional and competitive, but i find coria to be a little up his own ass. (jus' my opinion)

Mistaflava
08-19-2005, 08:21 PM
you said "I don't think it's arrogance", implying that your not too sure. go get a dictionary.

you're an idiot...go get a clue

Mistaflava
08-19-2005, 08:22 PM

Hewitt speaks the truth and nothing but the truth

:worship:

oneandonlyhsn
08-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Hewitt speaks the truth and nothing but the truth

:worship:

Really :scratch:

mitalidas
08-19-2005, 08:58 PM
have to go with hewitt here
his is a little bit more than supreme confidence. telling journalists "that's why i'm sitting here and you're sitting there" and "i have no doubt i am the number 2 player in the world" when the race for 2 is no undecided right now, saying last year that he felt he was going to win the Wimbledon qf against Roger but for a few points, etc

marifline
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM

Perhaps you found boring the 2004 USO final..well, two bagels on a GS final very amazing no ? Poor Lleyton :sad: Roger Federer is absolutely NOT arrogant you just seem tio have a problem with him perhaps because he used to bagel your fav...:lol:

cleverdutchclogs
08-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick both wear their hearts on their sleeves and play with emotion.

I agree that Lleyton does, but Roddick? Sure he does, but no more than any other player!

1sun
08-19-2005, 09:12 PM
you're an idiot...go get a clue
lol. im the idiot? thats rich coming from a guy who doesnt know the meaning of arrogance.lol

Mistaflava
08-19-2005, 09:13 PM
I agree that Lleyton does, but Roddick? Sure he does, but no more than any other player!

I meant he is not afraid to voice his displeasure....

Mistaflava
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
lol. im the idiot? thats rich coming from a guy who doesnt know the meaning of arrogance.lol

even richer coming from a guy who can't fuckin read

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 09:17 PM
monfils

mitalidas
08-19-2005, 09:27 PM
monfils
curious. what has he said? haven't read any of his interviews lately to know

1sun
08-19-2005, 09:33 PM
even richer coming from a guy who can't fuckin read
lol. you get funnier and funnier. go read your initial post 'idiot'.

oneandonlyhsn
08-19-2005, 09:36 PM
lol. you get funnier and funnier. go read your initial post 'idiot'.

Forget it you will never change Mistaflavas opinions of Roger

mitalidas
08-19-2005, 09:41 PM
I can't believe Andy Murray is ranked 3 on this list so far. What has this kid said or done to be branded arrogant?

Turkeyballs Paco
08-19-2005, 09:46 PM
How did I know this would be another stupid Hewitt bash thread? :lol: What can you do? There's a stupid Hewitt bash thread born every day on GM. :shrug:

oneandonlyhsn
08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
:haha: Murray higher than Coria

1sun
08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
I can't believe Andy Murray is ranked 3 on this list so far. What has this kid said or done to be branded arrogant?
hes not arrogant, just a twat and disrespectful. go check out his interview after the stepanek match. remember this thread, is more aimed at 'whos the player you hate the most' not 'whos the most arrogant player'

Socket
08-19-2005, 09:56 PM
How did I know this would be another stupid Hewitt bash thread? :lol: What can you do? There's a stupid Hewitt bash thread born every day on GM. :shrug:
Herd mentality.

mitalidas
08-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Herd mentality.

that's incorrect
Roger lead (even) these rankings at one point. but was overtaken

Socket
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
that's incorrect
Roger lead (even) these rankings at one point. but was overtaken
Alexandria was referring to the fact that the Hewitt haters never miss the chance to take yet another shot at him.

nkhera1
08-19-2005, 10:20 PM
How is Andy Roddick arrogant? As for the most arrogant Hewitt has made a lot of silly claims like Wimbledon was between him and Roger whereas Roger himself says that many people have a good chance of winning it. Other than him I really can't think of anyone who is really arrogant.

1sun
08-19-2005, 11:04 PM
just got this from the cincy site

Q. If you could say one thing that you have that's special, what would it be?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. I don't know if there is anything (smiling).

if leyton was arrogant surely he would listed the best parts of his game. the journy was really trying to get something out of him. leyton aint arrogant

Sjengster
08-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Federer has at least an arrogant facial expression, so he got my vote! Honestly, I think he's arrogant indeed.

And that arrogant face hides a multitude of girlfriend-beating sins, don't forget! When it comes to Federer, we haven't seen a dark side this destructive since Darth Vader was on our cinema screens, right JMG?

Sjengster
08-19-2005, 11:19 PM
This is really a pointless question, since I can't think of any top player who strikes me as exceptionally arrogant. It may be a product of their personalities, or simply good media training by the ATP, but none are in the habit of talking smack on a regular basis as one sees in other sports. I think just about all the top guys have had moments of indiscretion now and then, but that doesn't really qualify any of them for the "King of Arrogance" title. I would say though that during the DC tie Hewitt and Coria were battling it out for the "Petty and Vindictive" title - every time you thought one had come up with a definitively classless comment, back came the other to top it with something worse.

PamV
08-19-2005, 11:20 PM
I think this is a bit misleading in that arrogance is different that having confidence. Arrogance is defined as having "overbearing manner or presumptuous claims ".

PamV
08-19-2005, 11:23 PM
This is really a pointless question, since I can't think of any top player who strikes me as exceptionally arrogant.

That's what I was thinking too. There have been some players that act like spoiled brats quite often. None are really the king of arrogance.

PamV
08-19-2005, 11:30 PM

How do you see any arrogance on Federer's face? He's bacisally expressionless except for his eyes looking intensely focused on the ball. He never smirks or laughs at an opponent so where do you get that idea?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/federer_houston20.jpg

oneandonlyhsn
08-19-2005, 11:32 PM

:haha: Coming from a Kiwi fan, who spits in disgusts and gives his opponents nasty staredowns when he is losing :lol:

Pea
08-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Fed has more votes than rodduck? Hmmmm

PamV
08-20-2005, 12:34 AM

That makes no sense. I've never heard Federer call an umpire names.

I see JCF is getting votes too. Isnt' he completely quiet and unassuming? What's up with that? Maybe some people assume the good looking guys like Roger and Juan Carlos are arrogant.

Sjengster
08-20-2005, 12:40 AM
The Federer fans who are trying to respond seriously to JMG should read this post: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1918036&postcount=168

Enough said.

mitalidas
08-20-2005, 12:42 AM

Such votes are often proportional to how much "your player" has beaten "my player" ;)

JeNn
08-20-2005, 12:43 AM

I see JCF is getting votes too. Isnt' he completely quiet and unassuming? What's up with that? Maybe some people assume the good looking guys like Roger and Juan Carlos are arrogant.

Roger good looking? :haha: :haha: :haha:

PamV
08-20-2005, 12:55 AM
The Federer fans who are trying to respond seriously to JMG should read this post: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1918036&postcount=168

Enough said.

Enough said is right. I guess he can't stand that Federer plays as well as he does PLUS is truly the nicest guy off court. They players vote for the Stephan Edberg Award recipient, don't they?

PamV
08-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Roger good looking? :haha: :haha: :haha:
Don't force me to start posting pics again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/LaureusAward.jpg

Scotso
08-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Roddick.

Kristen
08-20-2005, 02:29 AM
Mmm. The Hewitt fans (I'm sorry, 'apologist' is the correct word, yes?) are right. The world does revolve around Hewitt and a number of individuals opinions, that Lleyton is kinda 'unique' in his mannerisms and on-court behaviour/personality. I know that I for one will ALWAYS go out of my way just to put him down. Of course, there's really nothing for us to get frustrated/disgusted by... he's such a great player and...we're all here just to 'bash'. Yep, nice work LH fans. :retard::rolleyes:

uNIVERSE mAN
08-20-2005, 03:06 AM
JCF.

Socket
08-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Mmm. The Hewitt fans (I'm sorry, 'apologist' is the correct word, yes?) are right. The world does revolve around Hewitt and a number of individuals opinions, that Lleyton is kinda 'unique' in his mannerisms and on-court behaviour/personality. I know that I for one will ALWAYS go out of my way just to put him down. Of course, there's really nothing for us to get frustrated/disgusted by... he's such a great player and...we're all here just to 'bash'. Yep, nice work LH fans. :retard::rolleyes:
:rolls: :rolls:

You don't even understand that you just proved our point! :haha: :haha:

JeNn
08-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Don't force me to start posting pics again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/LaureusAward.jpg

Sorry doesn't convince me at all. He is just not attractive to me at all, facially atleast he doesnt have any attractive features.

In any case, that is besides the point. I'm sure people DO find Roger attractive, to each their own, but even if they do he's not the type of person whose looks one would immediately associate (through a prejudgement) with arrogance as you suggested.

Safin, yes. JMG, yes. Ferrero, yes. Federer? Hell no.

JeNn
08-20-2005, 04:50 AM
:rolls: :rolls:

You don't even understand that you just proved our point! :haha: :haha:

Don't worry about it. Lleyton doesn't ;)

liptea
08-20-2005, 06:41 AM
I vote Carlos Moya. If you looked like him, you'd be arrogant too.

Ferrero Forever
08-20-2005, 07:06 AM
How Federer has more votes than Coria I don't understand. I like Coria more than Federer, but I think that Coria's manner might be viewed to some people as arrogant. Federer is the total opposite of arrogant. Though I'd like to know the reason Ferrero is on this poll, but how he got 9 votes is a mystery to me.

Ferrero Forever
08-20-2005, 07:09 AM
AND Federer looks like he'd be a great classical pianist, he has that regal look about him. And no prizes for guessing who I voted for *cough* Hewitt *cough*

bad gambler
08-20-2005, 08:16 AM

LMAO!!

Action Jackson
08-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Jimmy Connors and as for active players now it would be Dani Koellerer.

NYCtennisfan
08-20-2005, 08:23 AM

LOL!

raeesa301
08-20-2005, 09:20 AM
How Federer has more votes than Coria I don't understand. I like Coria more than Federer, but I think that Coria's manner might be viewed to some people as arrogant. Federer is the total opposite of arrogant. Though I'd like to know the reason Ferrero is on this poll, but how he got 9 votes is a mystery to me.

A lot of people have been saying he's arrogant lately, so I put him on he poll :) .

raeesa301
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM

THIS IS NOT A HEWITT BASH THREAD! A lot of people would have said quite a few things if he wasn't on the poll. I'm just trying to make it fair to everyone :p .

Corinna
08-20-2005, 10:13 AM

:lol: maybe, if i looked like jc i would probably be arrogant ;)

Ferrero Forever
08-20-2005, 10:17 AM
:lol: maybe, if i looked like jc i would probably be arrogant ;)
If you looked like JC I'd be all over you!!!

Hoostie
08-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Congrats Lleyton! You are number one again :woohoo:

Its times like this I'm proud to be an Australian! (insert sarcasm here)

Ferrero Forever
08-20-2005, 11:16 AM
hahaha, i agree with you there. But where would we be without Lleyton, i mean Arthurs would be our best, how much would we suck then!!

pablo2k1
08-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Hewitt. He is always ridiculing those 'lower' than him like the media, fans and linesman. As someone else mentioned his famous line when someone asked him something like why he was at the top he said "Thats why im here and you're sitting there".
He also called fans stupid after they booed him in Australia for being an idiot. Then of course he is always ridiculing linesmen, calling them "spastics" and also using deregatory gay insults. He is so arrogant he believes it is impossible for himself to make a foot fault. I recall at the Oz Open he kept getting called for foot faults (which the replays showed to be correct) but he got so angry that when he won a point he screamed and pointed at the line judge as if to say "I'm the best, look at this" (he got a warning from the umpire for this).

PamV
08-20-2005, 02:59 PM
AND Federer looks like he'd be a great classical pianist, he has that regal look about him. And no prizes for guessing who I voted for *cough* Hewitt *cough*

I think you are right. Once I had a dream that I was Roger's girlfriend and he was a classical pianist as well as the the #1 tennis player.

World Beater
08-20-2005, 03:01 PM
have to go with hewitt here
his is a little bit more than supreme confidence. telling journalists "that's why i'm sitting here and you're sitting there" and "i have no doubt i am the number 2 player in the world" when the race for 2 is no undecided right now, saying last year that he felt he was going to win the Wimbledon qf against Roger but for a few points, etc

Sorry, but that hewitt comeback was priceless! The question he was asked was designed to be sutbly hurtful. So I don't blame hewitt for the response. The reporter got what he deserved!

The question he was asked is more or less interpreted to mean " How come you can play tennis, when you get your ass kicked by Federer all the time?"

He said " That's why i am sitting where i am, and you are where you are"!

This is in good similarity to the questions that some american reporters asked federer about how he would "sneak away" with the USOPEN title last year.

Castafiore
08-20-2005, 03:06 PM
As someone else mentioned his famous line when someone asked him something like why he was at the top he said "Thats why im here and you're sitting there"..
Sorry but that's a quote taken out of context.

Exact question + answer:
Q. How do you stay so relentlessly positive? A lot of times if they lost to Federer eight times in a row, they might be a lot more disconsolate than you are right now. Where does that come from?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. That's probably why I'm sitting here and you're sitting there

World Beater
08-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Off court arrogance is hard to find on tour these days.

I think the question should be rephrased to mean " Who is the most arrogant on court?"

This can be answered with ease.

Beforehand
08-20-2005, 03:18 PM
I happen to like him, but it's Coria.

yanchr
08-20-2005, 04:00 PM
What? Federer lags behind by that big a margin :confused:

Don't you know he is the king of everything :angel:

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 04:04 PM
OK....so let me see. We've defined arrogance in its purest form, but we haven't nailed down a specific player who would effectively fit the definition. Am I correct in this assumption?

wcr
08-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Marcelo Rios?

n1o
08-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Marcelo Rios?

He was like a f*****n genius, so it's ok.

1sun
08-20-2005, 04:45 PM
OK....so let me see. We've defined arrogance in its purest form, but we haven't nailed down a specific player who would effectively fit the definition. Am I correct in this assumption?
pretty much, but like a few posters have said, no one player really stands out as flat out arrogant

1sun
08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Exact question + answer:
Q. How do you stay so relentlessly positive? A lot of times if they lost to Federer eight times in a row, they might be a lot more disconsolate than you are right now. Where does that come from?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. That's probably why I'm sitting here and you're sitting there
i dont know why some people see that as arrogant. i think its quite a good answer actualy.

Chloe le Bopper
08-20-2005, 07:47 PM
i dont know why some people see that as arrogant. i think its quite a good answer actualy.
Wot?

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 09:08 PM
pretty much, but like a few posters have said, no one player really stands out as flat out arrogant

So, the point with this thread is? I could see if the intent of this thread was to have a legit discussion about "arrogant players", but we've managed to reduce it to petty squabbling.
Just so most of you will know, a player's fire and killer instinct doesn't make him (or her) an arrogant person.

musefanatic
08-20-2005, 10:10 PM
I used to think that Roddick was arrogant but now he's grown up, thank god!

Coria questions all the line calls and plays mind games which I think is extremely arrogant and rude to the other player.

1sun
08-20-2005, 10:22 PM
So, the point with this thread is? I could see if the intent of this thread was to have a legit discussion about "arrogant players", but we've managed to reduce it to petty squabbling.
Just so most of you will know, a player's fire and killer instinct doesn't make him (or her) an arrogant person.
the point of the thread was to cause sum hating,bitching and heated disscusion

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 10:44 PM
the point of the thread was to cause sum hating,bitching and heated disscusion

So, I'm also correct when I say that this thread is just like many of the others popping up lately? Are many of the posters getting so bored that this is all they can come up with?

1sun
08-20-2005, 10:49 PM
So, I'm also correct when I say that this thread is just like many of the others popping up lately? Are many of the posters getting so bored that this is all they can come up with?
got it in one.(wel two actualy)

1sun
08-20-2005, 10:52 PM
some people think it does, or should i say 'want to think'

CooCooCachoo
08-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Lleyton, Feliciano and Andy Murray.

jes_021
08-20-2005, 11:33 PM

At least he's never far from some people's mind. :devil: ;)

And I'm gonna go with Coria as King Arrogant.

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Lleyton, Feliciano and Andy Murray.

I don't think any of the above players are considered arrogant. I've read some transcripts of Lleyton's interviews, and he's been quite honest with his performances, good or bad, and he's always complimented his opponents on good play, so I can't see him as arrogant.

Lopez doesn't strike me as an arrogant person either. I think people have this big misconception that exceptionally good-looking people like himself would be arrogant bores with no personality. I will not jump on his bandwagon or anything, but I've never heard anything negative about Lopez, other than his looks. Oh well....

And Murray. I chalk up his behavior to immaturity. I imagine, as he gets older, he will mellow out a bit and realize his place in the game and appreciate it more.

All in all, I see no player as arrogant really, in the pure sense of the word. I believe that this thread, like the many others similar in content, was begun out of boredom and lack of imagination.

JeNn
08-20-2005, 11:47 PM

And if you had a dick the size of Lleyton Hewitt's....

zethand
08-21-2005, 03:19 AM
They are not arrogant they are bitter people... If I were one of them...well.. I would be very friendly and happy :) I think Feliciano López is not arrogant.. he is cluless :)

amierin
08-21-2005, 07:16 AM
I voted for Andy Murray because for someone who is just a tiny blip on the radar screen he seems to think he's the king of the world. NOT.

jes_021
08-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I voted for Andy Murray because for someone who is just a tiny blip on the radar screen he seems to think he's the king of the world. NOT.

Nah, just the king of the Murray field. :p

iliketennis
08-21-2005, 01:21 PM
And here I was thinking this would be a thread dedicated to GWH....

MariaV
08-21-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't find any of these players "arrogant". Playing with emotion on court isn't really arrogance.
Exactly! :yeah:

JMG
08-21-2005, 01:34 PM

Enough said.

Well, if you don't get my sense of humour it's your problem. And don't forget that it was only a guess.

Don't think that you are the serious poster here. Just read the Kiefer-Clement thread. :rolleyes:

thrust
08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Connors, then McEnroe. Of today^s players it^s Roger.

Blaze
08-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Well, if you don't get my sense of humour it's your problem. And don't forget that it was only a guess.

Don't think that you are the serious poster here. Just read the Kiefer-Clement thread. :rolleyes:

thats why she said it shouldn't be taken seriously :confused: