Cincy Friday [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cincy Friday

Action Jackson
08-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Safin vs Ginepri. Mr Muscles is very regimented and he always plays the same way, but Safin will need to lift his game and won't get as many presents from Robby as he got from Hrbaty yesterday, at least Marat won't be tired.

Hewitt/Davydenko: Who will miss more balls is the key here. Sure Hewitt leads 2-0 and they were both on clay, but the PMK has improved a lot since then and if he can remain consistent then he has a real shot of winning this match. The rule with Davydenko, when you want him to win, he doesn't and when you want him lose, he won't, but Hewitt should get through here.

I just hope Youzhny is in the mood to play and can remember his previous success against Roddick, though he blew MPs last time they played. Youzhny has played all 3 setters and Roddick well I don't think the odds will be good on this one for the Duck.

I don't want to see the top 4 go through, but that is the most likely scenario. Please prove me wrong Davydenko and Youzhny.

sports freak
08-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Taking the 2 hot favs to do their job and expect them to do it well!!!!Straight sets in the making!!!

10 units Safin 1.45 over Ginepri!!
10 units Hewitt 1.33 over Daydenko!!!

5 units on Safin/Hewitt double!!!!

Action Jackson
08-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Safin can lose to anyone, but I don't think that anyone will be Ginepri, unless he somehow changes his name to Santoro.

sports freak
08-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Why don't you START with just a double parlay, and then, decide what to do on top of that after we see what happens between Safin and Ginepri? The Hewitt match will take place hours later.

The way you're doing it now, if Safin loses, you lose 15 units outright. If he wins, and Hewitt loses later, you also figure to lose 15 units outright. Why not minimize your downside risk and simply start off with the double?

Adding 20 units on Safin and Heiwitt,another words i dont expect them to lose this game,just seen the big 4 going through mate!!!!Safin/Hewitt/Rodd/Fed!!! :rolleyes: what an apipetiser that will be!!!just got that feel to it in this game,thats all!!!!i dont plan to lose this one!!!! :)

sports freak
08-19-2005, 09:07 AM
The adding of 20 units was a joke,but im still confident!!!dont want to say very confident cause it could come back and haunt me but in sayin soo im reasonably quitely confident!!!good luck bro!!!

LESAK
08-19-2005, 09:11 AM
My moneymaker today:
Safin, Myskina & Hendry (snooker)

skel1983
08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Nice pick with Davydenko LESAK!!!!

I have watched Ginepri all week, he has been very impressive, but Mrat was awesome yesterday, can he keep it up??? if things don't go well early on for Marat will he throw the towel in??? i am leaving this alone.

With the other matches there is just no value what so ever i think Hewiit/Roddick and Federer will win but odds are way to short.

If i was to pick an upest of the big four it would be Ginepri just going off his form this summer, does anyone remember the only match up in 03

Ginepri 1 and 0!!!!!!! Was Safin injured????

srkiknez
08-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Safin M. v Ginepri R.
I really don't know what to expect from Safin right now. He didn't play since Wimbledon and yesterday second set performance (8 break set in the row) somehow indicate that Safin is not so untouchable.
Ginepri recently has been playing well and I have still in mind where he took Rodick scalp and than conquer tournament.
For now I can get 1.55 on Safin and it is really sweet bite, but...

Hewitt L. v Davydenko N.
Yesterday I made mistake and pissed off all Aussie and Hewitt fans. I will not make mistake again today :) I am Mario Ancic and Argentina team fan... Sorry, but we cannot be at the same side always...

Davydenko is player with a progress, but somehow when someone mentions Davydenko I have in mind clay... And still in mind is match against Beck last week where he had huge problem with serve.

Looking two matches I expect that more chances has Ginepri than Davydenko to surprise...

Roddick A. v Youzhny M.
Youzhny is phenomenon. I really didn't believe that he can come back from set down yesterday, after all 3 sets matches! And he did it... Today I expect that Rodick will not have some huge problem...

skel1983
08-19-2005, 09:45 AM
I dunno. Davydenko may also be poised to "upset" Hewitt. Both are well worth considering as dog bets.

I wouldn't take much notice of that head to head record between Ginepri and Safin, or anybody else for that matter! Each result reflects the very specific circumstances of that point in time. As a handicapping tool, long term head-to-heads are effectively useless, in every sport! Bookmakers use things like head-to-head past records and other worthless trends to try to encourage action on certain sides of bets.

Tell that to Henman when he plays Hewiit

or Hewitt when he plays Federer

or Tojo when he plays Hrbaty

I mean h2h's are not the be all and end all but if you have got someone's number that give's the players mentel eges/disagvantages, I mean styles clash and the outcome is usually quite predictable, i am not taking that h2h into account at all it was one match, i only take h2h into account when they have played a series of matches, but i was suprised by the scoreline just wanted to know what the circumstances were in that match.

And i think hewitt is to much for Davydenko, his style for me is taylor made, Davydenko hit's good angles off both wings but he has not got anything to hurt Hewitt, he will just run everything down and play with Davydenko waiting for the oppurtunity i think it will be comfortable for Hewitt!!

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 10:02 AM
The adding of 20 units was a joke,but im still confident!!!dont want to say very confident cause it could come back and haunt me but in sayin soo im reasonably quitely confident!!!good luck bro!!!

:lol:

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Like it or not, all a head-to-head means, to take the Agassi/Sampras one as an example, is that out of 34 meetings, on 20 of those occasions Sampras was, at that point in time, the better man.

Sampras was always the better man, whether he could be bothered winning or not.

skel1983
08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Usually, over a SERIES of matches, between evenly matched players, there's hardly much in the head to head; they tend to even out. Hewitt/Federer is 7-10. Agassi/Sampras is 14-20.

When Federer started getting great, his record against Hewitt was 2 wins, and 7 losses! Did that figure to mean anything, to affect him in anyway, when he went ahead and won the next 8 encounters? NO!

Like it or not, all a head-to-head means, to take the Agassi/Sampras one as an example, is that out of 34 meetings, on 20 of those occasions Sampras was, at that point in time, the better man.

Before Hewitt started dominating, Pete Sampras' record against him in h2h was 4 wins to 1 loss. Then Hewitt improved, Sampras' game worsened, and Hewitt won the next four encounters straight! Did the head-to-head affect him? No!

And using Henman/Hewitt as an example is ridiculous! Hewitt's just a widely superior and more regularly consistent player to Henman, and has been for the past 5 years running. It stands to reason that he wiped the floor with the overrated pom 8 times.

I could go on, drudging up another dozen examples, but we'd be here all day. The fact of the matter is that a head-to-head for the most part reflects nothing more than the circumstances at various particular points in time. Viewing it as an effective handicapping tool and basing decisions on it will lose anybody a lot of money, in any and every sport.

I thought you were a good bloke you are a utter up your own arse muppet, instead of coming on this forum toy should apply to the racing channel for a job as a gambling expert i.e (assh***!!!!)

The hewitt/ federer h2h, it doesn't matter???????? well next time they meet why don't you put your money on Hewitt, you are beginnig to be very annoying, Federer matured much later than Hewitt that's why the sudden turn around in latest h2h.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT WITH HENMAN HEWITT he is far superior, well they have both been top ten players in last few years it's nothing to do with that you muppet, it is there styles and henmans is right up hewitt avenue.

If you don't take head to head into account MR EXPERT !!!! you are a fool,

Roddick Federer is another one, styles make match ups,
If Hewitt met Federer in this event you would just sweep the fact Federer has kicked his ass over last few years under the carpet??? go and take your over opinionated s**** somewhere else.

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
and now the poms are at it against each other, let me get the popcorn

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Hewitt L. v Davydenko N.
Yesterday I made mistake and pissed off all Aussie and Hewitt fans. I will not make mistake again today :) I am Mario Ancic and Argentina team fan... Sorry, but we cannot be at the same side always...

I didn't have a problem with you picking Ancic over Hewitt, I mean it's your money to lose so that's not my problem

My problem is when you come in here with 10 posts and use Hewitt as being an apparent pussy to back your reasoning, when you would be hard pressed to find a bigger fighter on the tour then Hewitt

And just out of interest, what is your pick in this match?

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 10:40 AM
I could go on, drudging up another dozen examples, but we'd be here all day. The fact of the matter is that a head-to-head for the most part reflects nothing more than the circumstances at various particular points in time. Viewing it as an effective handicapping tool and basing decisions on it will lose anybody a lot of money, in any and every sport.

Ok, well how about the case of Safin and Santoro.

Since Marat hit puberty, Fabrice hasn't been a better player than him, yet he won their first 5 meetings, and holds a 7-3 record over him.

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/headtohead.asp?player=10014534&opponent=10001229

How would you explain this? Other than the way that Santoro's game bothers Marat?

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Safin vs Ginepri. Mr Muscles is very regimented and he always plays the same way, but Safin will need to lift his game and won't get as many presents from Robby as he got from Hrbaty yesterday, at least Marat won't be tired.

Hewitt/Davydenko: Who will miss more balls is the key here. Sure Hewitt leads 2-0 and they were both on clay, but the PMK has improved a lot since then and if he can remain consistent then he has a real shot of winning this match. The rule with Davydenko, when you want him to win, he doesn't and when you want him lose, he won't, but Hewitt should get through here.

I just hope Youzhny is in the mood to play and can remember his previous success against Roddick, though he blew MPs last time they played. Youzhny has played all 3 setters and Roddick well I don't think the odds will be good on this one for the Duck.

I don't want to see the top 4 go through, but that is the most likely scenario. Please prove me wrong Davydenko and Youzhny.

I agree with your analysis, Davydenko is definitely going to be Hewitt's toughest opponent so far and you are right to say he has improved his game, especially on the hard courts.

But I got a feeling you might be disappointed, I'm thinking we are going to see a repeat of the AO 2005 SF lineup this tournament, I'm actually hoping so ;)

skel1983
08-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Ok, well how about the case of Safin and Santoro.

Since Marat hit puberty, Fabrice hasn't been a better player than him, yet he won their first 5 meetings, and holds a 7-3 record over him.

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/headtohead.asp?player=10014534&opponent=10001229

How would you explain this? Other than the way that Santoro's game bothers Marat?

Am i dreaming we are actully agreeing with each other!!!

Only joking!!!

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 10:46 AM
I didn't have a problem with you picking Ancic over Hewitt, I mean it's your money to lose so that's not my problem

My problem is when you come in here with 10 posts and use Hewitt as being an apparent pussy to back your reasoning, when you would be hard pressed to find a bigger fighter on the tour then Hewitt

leave him alone, he's russian. pick on the poms instead. :p

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Am i dreaming we are actully agreeing with each other!!!

Only joking!!!

:rolleyes:

skel1983
08-19-2005, 10:58 AM
You don't get it, do you? The point is that the initial head to head of Hewitt having 7 wins against Federer's 2 figured to mean nothing in the end. Federer improved, and beat Hewitt 8 times in a row. And the reason Federer keeps winning has nothing to do with previous head to head records! It's simply because he became a much better player! If Hewitt were to get back to his best, and Federer were to start losing a lot over the next few months, you can bet your ass that Hewitt over Federer would be a good bet.

What is my point? My point is that Hewitt has beaten Henman 8 times in a row because he was a widely superior player on each of those 8 occasions. NOT because he had won the last three, four or five times! If, at the time of play, over any point in the last five years, Hewitt had been on bad form, then there's a good chance that Henman could've won some of those matches. But Hewitt was either at or close to his best on virtually every meeting. Four of them were finals, and two were semi-finals. Henman met him at times when whatever he could throw at him wouldn't be enough, and the overall record reflects that. Again, if those circumstances are to change...if Hewitt is to have a huge drop in form...and Henman suddenly becomes great again (that is, if he ever even WAS great!)... then once again, you can bet your ass that Henman would be worth betting on.

I'd rather be a "fool", in your mighty estimation, than somebody who loses a lot of money by making decisions based on worthless trends. Had someone done that with Federer against Hewitt, he'd figure to have lost about 5 bets! Like I said, it's all about current circumstances and what's going on at the present moment. A string of results back in 2001 have about as much connection to future results as my dead cat.

Not quite sure what you're talking about here, but what I do know is one thing: with every new sentence you type, I'm actually feeling more embarrassed at being a pom!

If Hewitt met Federer in this event, I'd totally sweep the fact that Federer has beat him 8 times in a row. I'd wager that Federer would win the match, simply because his game of late is far better than Hewitt's, and Hewitt has been average at best. Not because of past results.

Now go give your mind a rest. You've earned it ;).

You seem to be a statistics person, but you need to think what the tennis players are feeling, they could be playing great, but if a player is playing another player who they have beaton 8 times on the run, you are telling me the majority of the time that doesn't give them a boost mentally and has the opposite effect on the other player, it is defintly a small advantage going into a match.

As for Federer and Hewitt, it's nothing to do with the fact Hewitt is now playing avaerage tennis, the game has moved on from when he was top of the tree, Federer has raised his game and i would not back Hewitt in the near future, with one of the main factor's being the recent record, when a player has an interview and knows his next opponent and if say it was Federer and he was playing Hewitt, i think it would com up about his recent record because Federer knows he can use that to his advantage, tennis is very much a confidence sport and if you go out on the court with the insperation that you have got this guys number it can only help you produce your better tennis, i am not saying it's a big tool h2h's to use when gambling but to right it off totally is defintly a no no.

skel1983
08-19-2005, 11:08 AM
You seem to be against brit's, why is that???

By the way intrested to know some of your country's leading sportstars,

starting with your cricket team??

please i would love to know there identity.

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
About Safin against Santoro, though it is interesting, I'd say the following:

Certainly, over the isolated period of 1999 to 2000 when most the matches took place, it seems obvious that Santoro's game troubled Safin. However, I don't believe we could take that to mean that it still would, right now. In the last 4 meetings, it's 2 a piece.

What I'm more against is taking long term records as an indication of what's likely to happen. Evidence based on recent results and recent meetings, great.

well of those 2 victories Safin has enjoyed - 1 of them was in Hopman Cup, the first tournament of the year which has no bearing on ranking position and is considered as an extended holiday/warm up event, and the other was a forfeit from Santoro at 1 set apiece.

Santoro's gamestyle always troubles Safin, whether Safin is at the top of his game or Fabrice at the bottom of his.

in extreme cases such as this one, head to head records come into play more than current form.

NewTennisFan
08-19-2005, 11:16 AM
well of those 2 victories Safin has enjoyed - 1 of them was in Hopman Cup, the first tournament of the year which has no bearing on ranking position and is considered as an extended holiday/warm up event, and the other was a forfeit from Santoro at 1 set apiece.

Santoro's gamestyle always troubles Safin, whether Safin is at the top of his game or Fabrice at the bottom of his.

in extreme cases such as this one, head to head records come into play more than current form.
Admittedly, that is interesting. Though, like you say, it's an extreme case.

What is it about Santoro's gamestyle that troubles Safin?

NewTennisFan
08-19-2005, 11:22 AM
which has no bearing on ranking position and is considered as an extended holiday/warm up event,
Masters Series in Stuttgart is a holiday/warm up event? I know I sure wouldn't like to be on holiday in Germany in late-October ;).

srkiknez
08-19-2005, 11:22 AM

It is funny that it seems you definatelly didn't read my post with explanation for that match. You just cought pussy word and after that you waited the end of match to offense me with really not propriet words... But what I can do, if you are satisfied with such behavior, Ok... Hewitt is fighter but his behavior irritade all except his relevants and Aussie fans. This behavior with trying to make pressure by Commmmmmenn things irritate all other players,too.
Just to remind you:
""I admire his game but I don't like the way he is," Coria told a news conference..."

At the end... For me he will never be one of greatest players even if he won seven masters in a row...

And the same situation is again today... If you try to at least once read my post not only trying to find keywords you will find answer on your question.

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 11:25 AM
1 unit, Robbie Ginepri over Marat Safin, @ 2.66

Do I think Ginepri will win the match? No.

Do I think Ginepri has a good chance of winning the match? Yes.

Is Ginepri good value at that price? Yes.

That's my reasoning. Go Robby!

let me get this straight. You are putting a unit on Ginepri to WIN, yet YOU state that;

"Do I think Ginepri will win this match? No"

That is some funny stuff. If you don't think he's gogin to win don't bet--don't bet because there's "VALUE"

gl with the play

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 11:26 AM
It is funny that it seems you definatelly didn't read my post with explanation for that match. You just cought pussy word and after that you waited the end of match to offense me with really not propriet words... But what I can do, if you are satisfied with such behavior, Ok... Hewitt is fighter but his behavior irritade all except his relevants and Aussie fans. This behavior with trying to make pressure by Commmmmmenn things irritate all other players.
Just to remind you:
""I admire his game but I don't like the way he is," Coria told a news conference..."

At the end... For me he will never be one of greatest players even if he won seven masters in a row...

And the same situation is again today... If you try to at least once read my post not only trying to find keywords you will find answer on your question.

you called him a pussy - i guess given english is not your first language you don't know what it means so whatever...

no problem here in terms of having the above opinion about him, i know he rubs pepole the wrong way, but then again a quote like that coming from coria of all pepole is hardly worthy of taking notice

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
let me get this straight. You are putting a unit on Ginepri to WIN, yet YOU state that;

"Do I think Ginepri will win this match? No"

That is some funny stuff. If you don't think he's gogin to win don't bet--don't bet because there's "VALUE"

gl with the play

and this is a guy who preaches about money management, go figure

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
That's the whole point! In SOME of the most extreme cases (no, not 15 wins to 12, 17 to 11, and what have you!), it COULD provide a slight mental edge. But that, simply, should NEVER be taken as being even the fifth most important factor in handicapping a match!

ok then if H2H is not to be used as a handicappign tool , then can you please list me the 5 handicapping tools i should use (as u mention it shoudn't be used as the 'fifth')

thks

The Gucci one
08-19-2005, 11:33 AM
It is funny that it seems you definatelly didn't read my post with explanation for that match. You just cought pussy word and after that you waited the end of match to offense me with really not propriet words... But what I can do, if you are satisfied with such behavior, Ok... Hewitt is fighter but his behavior irritade all except his relevants and Aussie fans. This behavior with trying to make pressure by Commmmmmenn things irritate all other players,too.
Just to remind you:

You use a quote from the most irritating weasel on tour.

Now thats bloody hilarious

You would make a good stand up comedian :D :D :D

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Yeah. I bet one unit, something I'd be prepared to lose 1,000 times. And at that price, it's good value. Under what financial theory does this constitute "bad money management"? Hmm?

if you would like to discuss about finance theory and modelling in another forum at another time I'm happy to oblige, but to me 1 unit is still 1 unit and if that's your betting style to go for value plays on the basis that its a "lean" that's your call

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 11:41 AM
It's not to be used as the primary handicapping tool, or even the secondary. Forget "fifth", that was a part of the polemic, as I don't need to tell you. There are dozens of CURRENT factors more significant to handicapping a match. This could include strength of recent defensive game, service game, how well they've been handling major points, how the styles of play are likely to clash, fatigue, fitness factors, experience, recent form, ability on the given surface...all of those things you cannot learn from a h2h comparison sheet, and they all figure to be a ton more valuable in terms of making an informed decision.

nonsesne. H2H is an important tool. It's not to be over-looked. Most certainly other factors exist, evryone knows that, especially curretn form, injuries, personal problems etc.

if player a has beaten player b 3 times within a year and a half all on clay. And they are to meet next week on clay. You damn better believe that h2h comes in handy

NewTennisFan
08-19-2005, 11:41 AM
if you would like to discuss about finance theory and modelling in another forum at another time I'm happy to oblige, but to me 1 unit is still 1 unit and if that's your betting style to go for value plays on the basis that its a "lean" that's your call
It's a match that could go either way. Both have their own subjective and statistical edges. In such a match, anything over 2.50 has to be good value, so long as you're not betting money that you can't afford to lose! That's the way I see these things.

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
ok now that we have sorted that out my only play so far is:

Safin to beat Ginepri - $1.55 (8 units)

Can't go past the big man based on the form he showed yesterday against Hrbaty.

good luck

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 11:45 AM
And lets not get carried away with Ginepri's form over the past few weeks - one good run doesn't hide the fact that he was basically rubbish in the past few years. Tomorrow he will really be tested against a quality opponent on HC

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
As a handicapping tool, long term head-to-heads are effectively useless, in every sport!

again, player a beats player b 3 times on clay within a 2 yr period. And next week they meet on clay--your telling a gambling forum that this is effectively useless information??

NO YOUR WRONG-- there's merit in h2h, it's a tool, it's not to be overlooked

NewTennisFan
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
nice way to manipulate my quote jackass, last time I checked, Hopman Cup wasn't a Masters series event.
LOL. Safin's victory, "jackass", was in the Masters Series in Stuttgart.

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Again, it may be useful in isolated contexts! All I'm saying is that it's FAR from being the most important factor. The things I listed, in addition to loads of other subjective ones, figure to be a lot more useful.

I think you raise a good point about, for example, a player beating another 3 times within a year and a half on clay. A year and a half period is short enough for an accummulated record to be worth something. Though it still would rarely figure more important than the sum of more current factors.

now your changing your tune a little ;) ...see above where you mentioned it was 'useless'.....

speaking of.....

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Speaking of my quote, did you notice the part where I said "long term"? Apparently not, but hey, am I supposed to expect otherwise?

give it a rest pal. You trashed h2h, stated in had no use in sports wagering. You didnt qualify it- ie., in this situation it may have some merit etc. You threw a blanket stupid statement out.

gl with Ginepri, here's hopign the 'value' comes home..... ;)

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 11:55 AM
LOL. Safin's victory, "jackass", was in the Masters Series in Stuttgart.
:lol:

can you read? and do you know how to click on links?

2004 HOPMAN CUP

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Ah. Apparently you weren't even talking about their ATP head-to-head. That's what I was talking about. I said that they were 2-2 in the last four meetings, speaking of the overall 7-2 ATP record.

My misunderstanding.

Hey, you're entitled to a few of those when you're ripping 5 people new assholes at the same time ;).

if that's the way you see it, I am happy for you.

Ays25
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
enough with this stupid and primitif discussions!
we are not obligated to ream your rubbish!
put your picsk, tell your reasonning or ideas and thats it!
this is a betting thread, and not "my father would beat yours" or "i can piss longer than you" thread.

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Hey, you're entitled to a few of those when you're ripping 5 people new assholes at the same time .

and lets hope Safin's two-handed backhand deosnt rip a new one for you pal. But then again it's ONLY 1% of your bankroll and its 'meaningless'.......adn besides it 'nice to have a wager while watching the match'

there is a quote button, bottom left of your screen ;)

i would love to see those safin bh's rip ginerpi a new one, and so does my wallet :D

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 12:33 PM
And if you see it otherwise, I'm equally happy for you too ;) You ostentatious, self-satisfied ass :D.

Now, to proceed.

But my father could beat yours, and that's the bottom line. Now kindly remove yourself from my presence. I'm better than you.

Anybody make much of Davydenko's chances against Hewitt?

wow, this guy is askign for other people's opinions on a tennis match?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thisis some funny shit!!!!!!!!!!!

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
You and its.like are so sweet, are you in a loving relationship, if not can you remove your head from the second shelve of his ass!!

And it's like that the word Jealous comes to mind when talking about irrelevent subjects such as cricket,where is your team in the world rankings if you don't mind answering??

Oh i forgot you only post rubbish and never answer questions relating to previous topic's you have posted.

its like that is from Australia, so probably not a wise idea to be debating with him about how well our sports team are faring compared to yours

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Ok lets stick to the tennis discussion

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
lets do that, NewTennisFan has stopped 'rippign new arse holes' and needs help with the Davydenko/Hewitt match......

hmm.....

what's their h2h? ;)

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 12:48 PM
I can't see any of the top 4 being rolled, hoping they all advance through to the SF, nice way to lead into the US open as well

skel1983
08-19-2005, 12:49 PM
its like that is from Australia, so probably not a wise idea to be debating with him about how well our sports team are faring compared to yours

My mistake didn't realise, i'll hold my hands up, If that's the case though he is obviously has alot of worries, has he not been watching last few tests, come on how can you call the England cricket team, i had the bitchiness on this site, there is no respect for great play, how can you call the England cricket team, i would be more worried about Hayden,Gillespie, katich i could go on.

On a serious note i think you guys should bring in Symonds for Katich what do you think, he is playing awesome!!!!

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Coming to think of it, it is quite funny! I mean, I AM the master handicapper! Nobody can hold a candle to me!

Here's my prediction for all four matches:

LLEYTON HEWITT over Davydenko. Why? Because his H2H record against the Russian is 2-0! He's bound to win it!

FEDERER to beat Acasuso! Hell, he did it in New York a couple years ago, so why not today?!!

YOUZHNY to beat Andy Roddick. I mean, COME ON GUYS, that one's easy! Youzhny is 2-1 up against him in H2-FREAKIN'H! He beat him twice, once in 2001 and again in 2002, and one of them was on hard court! C'mon! H2H knows all! Watch Youzhny take the Yankee to town!

And finally, the PLAY of the DAY! Ginepri to beat Safin! Why? Well, you remember what happened in Cali, back in 2003! Who cares that Safin had been playing horrid on hard court at the time? Robby wiped tha bleedin' floor withim! With a HEAD TO HEAD record of ONE NIL, how could Robby lose? It's impossible!

And hey, here's my parlay:

350 Units on Ginepri X Youzhny X Federer X Hewitt @ 18.25!

you have humoured me enough, can I strongly suggest you post your picks at

www.bettingadvice.com

don't bother posting in here anymore, i'm just going to delete all your posts anyway

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 12:54 PM
I can't see any of the top 4 being rolled, hoping they all advance through to the SF, nice way to lead into the US open as well

Hewitt scares me-has not been himself, that's for sure; serving just awful, low % of first serves.Greg could have easily won that match. Ancic played poorly yesterday. Davydenko has been near flawless this week, not dropped a set. If Safin is off, he will go down, IMHO.

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 12:58 PM
you have humoured me enough, can I strongly suggest you post your picks at

www.bettingadvice.com

don't bother posting in here anymore, i'm just going to delete all your posts anyway

stick to your word?

Deivid23
08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Safin can lose to anyone, but I don't think that anyone will be Ginepri, unless he somehow changes his name to Santoro.

Nothing serous for me today, but Ginepri is in the form of his life and I donīt read too much in Maratīs win yesterday. Kolya, you never know but I want to see this match cause I think Mr Come On will have a tough time.

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 01:01 PM
any thoguhts on WTA guys?

Myskina vs Dulko?

i dont trust Anastasia, but is Dulko spent? -160, pretty low number

thinging of parlay- Safin to Mauresmo

thoughts? hate to bet with that headcase Safin tho, lol

Freddi22cl
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Nothing serous for me today, but Ginepri is in the form of his life and I donīt read too much in Maratīs win yesterday. Kolya, you never know but I want to see this match cause I think Mr Come On will have a tough time.

good point, Robbie is playign out of skin. And with Marat you never no. Looks like I may have the day off.........lol

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
any thoguhts on WTA guys?

Myskina vs Dulko?

i dont trust Anastasia, but is Dulko spent? -160, pretty low number

thinging of parlay- Safin to Mauresmo

thoughts? hate to bet with that headcase Safin tho, lol

Myskina has not been in any kind of form this whole year - i think she still must be dealing with her personal issues. This week she seems to be doing just enough to get by her opponenets, dulko might be the play there

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
hmm forgot abt the WTA..

Might reduce the single stake on SAfin and just roll with

Safin x Mauresmo = $1.95

Yoel and co.
08-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Kimmy to win 2-0 X Safin to win 2-1 @ 3.6

Doubles of Dulko X Petrova X Vaidisova

Deivid23
08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Kimmy to win 2-0 X Safin to win 2-1 @ 3.6

Doubles of Dulko X Petrova X Vaidisova

Kim to win 2-0 must bo too low odds, arentīthey? I think she didnīt want to play this tourney also.

Yoel and co.
08-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Kim to win 2-0 must bo too low odds, arentīthey? I think she didnīt want to play this tourney also.

I might put something on Kim to win 2-1, but I can't see her losing this game

Deivid23
08-19-2005, 01:39 PM
I might put something on Kim to win 2-1, but I can't see her losing this game

Yes itīs pretty unlikely, but donīt know, itīs not like those kind of odds are worth the risk imo. Good luck with it

dbnumberone
08-19-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm on Safin since New Tennis Fan is on Ginepri - and oh yeah, b/c Safin is going to win

sports freak
08-19-2005, 04:48 PM
ok now that we have sorted that out my only play so far is:

Safin to beat Ginepri - $1.55 (8 units)

Can't go past the big man based on the form he showed yesterday against Hrbaty.

good luck

What are you doing bro,ur kidding me right,ur going on Safin but not Hewitt at those juicy odds????? :rolleyes:

sports freak
08-19-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm on Safin since New Tennis Fan is on Ginepri - and oh yeah, b/c Safin is going to win

Lets go brother,u can add Hewitt onto that list!!! :eek:

dbnumberone
08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Lets go brother,u can add Hewitt onto that list!!! :eek:

added Hewitt, separate bet - gl to us!

sports freak
08-19-2005, 05:00 PM
added Hewitt, separate bet - gl to us!

Same to you,good luck aswell!!!!p.s nice win on the parlay yesterday!!! ;)

dbnumberone
08-19-2005, 05:19 PM
ty, it was a good day - here's to another one for both of us

Silvio
08-19-2005, 05:49 PM
No Mistaflava's spreadsheet picks today?

Phew, it's like newspapers without comics.

its.like.that
08-19-2005, 06:17 PM
I shall post for Flava.

Safin
Federer
Davydenko
Youzhny

Deivid23
08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
I shall post for Flava.

Safin
Federer
Davydenko
Youzhny

Nice pick on Safin at 1.6 odds :lol:

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 09:13 PM
What are you doing bro,ur kidding me right,ur going on Safin but not Hewitt at those juicy odds????? :rolleyes:

hewiit at $1.40 is not considered juicy odds to me

in any case safin blew - so no point in playing a hewitt single, unless i want to parlay with roddick wshich i'm not prepoared to do

its.like.that
08-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Nice pick on Safin at 1.6 odds :lol:

can't you read? it was flava's spreadsheet pick, not mine.

Mistaflava
08-20-2005, 03:57 AM
can't you read? it was flava's spreadsheet pick, not mine.

what are you talking about? I didn't post any picks today...

its.like.that
08-20-2005, 04:16 AM
what are you talking about? I didn't post any picks today...

I know. I had to post them for you. :silly: