Cincy Pics(post 1) and Report(post 24) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cincy Pics(post 1) and Report(post 24)

ktwtennis
08-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey guys,
You can view my photos from action on Tuesday here: http://photobucket.com/albums/v375/ktwtennis/

I hope to have a report for ya soon! ;)

ataptc
08-18-2005, 01:56 PM
thanks for sharing :) Nice pics and can't wait for your report! You must have had a blast

Papakori
08-18-2005, 02:12 PM
thank you for the pictures

Angle Queen
08-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks so much for sharing. You caught alot of name players. Hope you had a great time!

Rosa Luxembourg
08-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the picture. :wavey: I have 2 questions:

1. Has Marat got a haircut since Tue? I've seen his match against Hernych and his hair was long.

2. Who was Gilbert hitting with? Was it Roddick or another player?

Saumon
08-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the picture. :wavey: I have 2 questions:

1. Has Marat got a haircut since Tue? I've seen his match against Hernych and his hair was long.

2. Who was Gilbert hitting with? Was it Roddick or another player?
the link is actually for last year's pics so..

1. yeah marat had short hair :sad:

2. yeah brad was hitting with andy ;)

click on "tennis masters 05" :p

btw great pics! :yeah: thanks for sharing :kiss:

FrogBurger
08-18-2005, 02:31 PM
love the photos.. who is the 2nd to last photo of, in red tshirt? blonde...

Thanks!

1sun
08-18-2005, 02:41 PM
great photos but there from last year arent they?

Saumon
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
great photos but there from last year arent they?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v375/ktwtennis/Tennis%20Masters%2005/ :)

1sun
08-18-2005, 03:11 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/v375/ktwtennis/Tennis%20Masters%2005/ :)
cheers, i swear more people go to the practises then the actualy matchs. the poeple only seem to go to the night matches.

tinuviel_estel
08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the pics :) Carlos looks so Gorgeous :hearts:

Saumon
08-18-2005, 03:21 PM
cheers, i swear more people go to the practises then the actualy matchs. the poeple only seem to go to the night matches.
probably because it's easier to go to the practises
and we have probably more pics of practice sessions than matches because:
1/ you can be closer to the players which means better pictures
2/ when you are at a match you are too focused on the game to take pictures
;)

jole
08-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the pics.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Nice photos...thanks!!!

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks for sharing your pics. Yes, it's easier to take pics during the practrices and the pics are better quality, that's sure !!!

Is it easy to see the practrices sessions in Cincy ? Thanx :)

cleverdutchclogs
08-18-2005, 08:29 PM
love the photos.. who is the 2nd to last photo of, in red tshirt? blonde...

Thanks!

Wayne Arthurs

Juanquis.Angel
08-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Thanks for sharing your pics. Yes, it's easier to take pics during the practrices and the pics are better quality, that's sure !!!

Is it easy to see the practrices sessions in Cincy ? Thanx :)

It's very easy to watch the practice sessions. You simply pick who you want to watch, figure out which court they're on, and walk right up to the fence. Some of the courts have bleachers on which you can sit and take pictures. I went last year and stood just three feet from James Blake and Marat Safin, taking loads of pictures :D .

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 09:20 PM
It's very easy to watch the practice sessions. You simply pick who you want to watch, figure out which court they're on, and walk right up to the fence. Some of the courts have bleachers on which you can sit and take pictures. I went last year and stood just three feet from James Blake and Marat Safin, taking loads of pictures :D .

Thanks a lot, the conditions seem to be great :yeah: I'd like to go there someday, but complicated for me to leave in August on vacation. But, it's good to know.

leahwurth
08-18-2005, 11:11 PM
here are my pictures. i'll have more later.
http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp

Deboogle!.
08-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks! :smooch:

alelysafina
08-18-2005, 11:52 PM
here are my pictures. i'll have more later.
http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp

Cant see them :sad:

leahwurth
08-19-2005, 12:16 AM
yeah, i just realized that link doesn't work. i'll try again.
http://www.shutterfly.com/share/pictures.jsp

and if this doesn't work, you can give me your email address and i can invite you to view them. sorry i can't figure out any other way.

Daniel
08-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks for pics :D

ktwtennis
08-19-2005, 01:48 PM
You're welcome all!! Sorry I forgot to tell you had to click on the Tennis Masters 05 link!! Well, here's my report:

Cincinnati Report-Day 2 (Tuesday)

Well, what can I say? It started out AWFUL with the rain which delayed play until about 1:45. To pass the time, my family and I walked around to the tents, sat in our seats, and went to the high school day they had in the big tent. That was a great time, as Paes and his partner were captains of a shouting match among the people sitting at the tables. Red Amey (Haas' coach) was the judge, and our team won! So we got first dibs on free Adidas stuff (things such as sweat bands, hats, water bottles, key chains, paper, etc.). I got a mesh hat worth $20—almost paying for my ticket!!

By lunch time, the rain hadn't stopped, but they said it would stop within the hour, so we decided we had enough time to leave the grounds to get lunch for MUCH CHEAPER, lol. (Oh, a tip to tournament goers—bring an empty water bottle and fill it up at a water fountain—much cheaper!)

When we returned, play had started on Center Court. Ginepri and Puerta were playing, and after watching three games of non-inspiring tennis, I decided to go over to the Grandstand and watch Mathieu and Haas. It was a very good match, and Mathieu was just serving unbelievably in the first set. I took a couple breaks to survey the practice courts, but I returned in the second and third sets. What I've realized about pros is that it's all mental. Mathieu started getting so frustrated in the second set. Tommy put more of Mathieu's serves in play, and that made the difference.

ANOTHER rain delay helped Mathieu immensely. He came out much more relaxed, and after Tommy made an unforced error on the first point and shrugged to Red, I had a feeling he was out of it since that made him two break points down. Sure enough, Tommy didn't win a single game returning from the break. He couldn't keep a ball in the court in the last few games.

I watched some of Nadal practicing. My sister just loves the guy, and it was so pathetic when he took his shirt off. All the cameras popped out...And getting his autograph is just impossible. So many people and kids chase him to the stadium, lol.

Saw some of Rusedski play Tursanov...Pretty boring match. Rusedski is the same as he is on TV—boring! Unfortunately, my practice court aversions prevented me from seeing Lleyton and Marat. Next year I'm watching more tennis, especially since I have TONS of autographs (and listed below). We had to leave b/c my sis had soccer practice at 6:30 the next morning, so I didn't get to see Murray versus Dent...

Side note: Monfils was by far the nicest about signing my autograph. He seemed honored that someone recognized him. Murray, Rusedski, and Santoro were kind of indifferent about signing. And when I asked Norm Christ to sign my program, he just kind of grinned. When he wrote in bold print letters, I told him he had the first autograph I could read. So he wrote an “N” and scribbled right above his name and smiled after I said that. I thanked him and told him he does a good job, and I see him on TV.

Let me know if you have questions!

Autographs:
Murray
Rusedski
Monfils
Norm Christ (chair umpire)
Brad Gilbert
Dent
Novak
Santoro
Hrbaty (coming off the court)
Mathieu