Favourite names for new people...lol [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Favourite names for new people...lol

undomiele
08-18-2005, 11:30 AM
When I was a kid I used to like the name "Andrea" for a baby but Ive gotten over it. Now Im not sure what names I like .... what are your fave names???

Fi-Fi
08-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure about guys but for girls i think jasmine and chloe are pretty and jaimie is really cute :yeah:

BiancaUL
08-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Julianna and Sahara are pretty for girls.

1sun
08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
i like the name rose for a girl.

Kristen
08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
"Alexander James"
"Keira" "Kalya" and a Swedish girl I worked with recently "Kaisa" (Kye-za)

I like slightly weird names, like Gabriel, Xavier, Elijah :lol:

Poor child. I should know better than to pick a difficult name, having an apparently difficult name myself :rolleyes: Fingers crossed I have a boy, and my husband likes the first option :lol: :sad:

Saumon
08-18-2005, 03:37 PM
gabriel and xavier arent considered weird in france ;)

Kristen
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
lol...true. But in Australia, calling a boy Gabriel** could be trouble. I'd have to hope the kid wasn't a geek. He'd be called gabrielle, gabby... and Xavier... 'eggs-AY-veeyur' Stupid country filled with bogans :mad: lol... My heart is still set on Alexander James though. (Maybe Alexandra if it's a girl? If I ever have kids of course :lol: )

As for dog names... Percy will be the name of my next dog. Male or Female :yeah:

**I've just got a 'thing' for Gabriel Byrne, and Gabriel Gate (French/Aussie chef). OMG I used my Gabriel Gate Entree wok tonight :D (I'm sleep deprived :()

savesthedizzle
08-18-2005, 05:24 PM
"Alexander James"
"Keira" "Kalya" and a Swedish girl I worked with recently "Kaisa" (Kye-za)

I like slightly weird names, like Gabriel, Xavier, Elijah :lol:

Poor child. I should know better than to pick a difficult name, having an apparently difficult name myself :rolleyes: Fingers crossed I have a boy, and my husband likes the first option :lol: :sad:

lol. I like odd names too, but for the opposite reason. My name is too popular. Apparently it was the #1 name for girls born in the 1980s... so that's just fabulous. Every year in school there would be 5 people in my class with the same name. SO ANNOYING. So I always swore that my children will never have to deal with being like Jessica S. or Jessica M. or whatever. I like names that aren't so typical, but that are easily pronounced :) I like Jacob and Elijah and Xavier for boys (so some similarities between us there!) and for girls I like Melanie, Isabella, Alana, Jasmine, etc.

Suzi
08-18-2005, 05:29 PM
I love odd names too!

for girls i like Faia, Shahira and Ava for guys not so wierd Adam, Oliver and Ciarran (not like ive thought bout it much haha :p )

Angle Queen
08-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I have an odd name (by American standards) and I hate it. No one can spell it or pronounce it properly. When by chance there's another one of "me" in the area, I turn every time the name is said. My husband, whose name is very common, has easily learned to ignore anyone using his and has never had it spelt incorrectly.

What we'd picked out for our kids was Jeff/Jeffrey or Laura although my personal choice would have been Alexander/Alexandra...nicked as Alex for either gender.

savesthedizzle
08-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I have an odd name (by American standards) and I hate it. No one can spell it or pronounce it properly. When by chance there's another one of "me" in the area, I turn every time the name is said. My husband, whose name is very common, has easily learned to ignore anyone using his and has never had it spelt incorrectly.

What we'd picked out for our kids was Jeff/Jeffrey or Laura although my personal choice would have been Alexander/Alexandra...nicked as Alex for either gender.

See, I wish I was like your husband and I ignored every time I heard someone say "Jess" or "Jessica" but it's so hard. I whip my head around everytime. Or even worse, I'll be like "Yes?" lol and they won't even be talking to me.

That however may be an ego issue. I like to think I am the only Jessica in America.

NINA_BCN
08-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Xavier is a very common name in Catalunya (is Javier in spanish). ;)

My fave male names are Arnau and Sergi. For girls, I love Laura and Judith. :p

Papakori
08-18-2005, 07:36 PM
I like the name Yuriko or Magda for a girl. For males I have always liked the name Adam or Christopher

adelaide
08-18-2005, 07:56 PM
gabriel and xavier arent considered weird in france ;)
i love both Gabriel and Xavier :hearts:
I'd love to marry someone european and name my sons with names such as "Franz Xavier" and "Johannes".......lol

...yeah my children are gonna be named after my fav artists. (Franz Xavier Winterhalter and Johannes Vermeer :o)

and for girls, I like my name (Adelaide), Astrid and Gisele. And Natalia is pretty too I think :)

Saumon
08-18-2005, 08:10 PM
I love odd names too!

for girls i like Faia, Shahira and Ava for guys not so wierd Adam, Oliver and Ciarran (not like ive thought bout it much haha :p )
I like Ava :hearts:

Fi-Fi
08-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Stupid country filled with bogans :mad:

:haha: ...very true though

Ferrero Forever
08-19-2005, 06:49 AM
i love both Gabriel and Xavier :hearts:
I'd love to marry someone european and name my sons with names such as "Franz Xavier" and "Johannes".......lol

...yeah my children are gonna be named after my fav artists. (Franz Xavier Winterhalter and Johannes Vermeer :o)

and for girls, I like my name (Adelaide), Astrid and Gisele. And Natalia is pretty too I think :)

Adelaide would be a nice name if you lived anywhere other than Australia

HappyAndie
08-20-2005, 12:21 AM
I like the name Audrey for a girl and Clark, Cary, or Ashley(though if I named my child that I am sure he would get beaten up every day and thrown in the dumpster!) for a boy.

Becarina
08-20-2005, 12:23 AM
i dont like them....but apparently Austin and Lane are the most popular here :lol:
and for girls, Dallas and Andrea

+alonso
08-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Definately Andrea :lol:, Patricia, Paz, Camila :lol: (For women)
Andres, Patricio, Nicolas, (For Men) :lol:

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 10:54 AM
I like different names, such as Ava and Camille for girls (two of my students' names by the way), and Jalen (which could be a boy's or girl's name) and Justin for boys.

Haute
08-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I like the name Audrey for a girl and Clark, Cary, or Ashley(though if I named my child that I am sure he would get beaten up every day and thrown in the dumpster!) for a boy.

Plus, if you named him Ashley, you'd have Scarlett O'Hara always chasing after him and trying to ruin the life of any other woman he'll ever love. :p

I like Genevieve, Stella, and Magdalena (probably call her Lena for short) for a girl; and Silas, Ethan, and Aden for a boy.

RodLo
08-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Oh boy, here comes my list. ;)

Girls:
-Taylor
-Madison
-Blaire
-Cameron
-Baylor

Boys:
-Tyler
-Landon
-Bradley
-Brandon
-Drew

There's tons more...but I can't remember them. :p

cobalt60
08-22-2005, 12:43 AM
My boys names- Nathaniel and Samuel but I like Matthew as well

And for girls- Hannah, Anna,Lili,Maia but won't get used now ;)

tinuviel_estel
08-22-2005, 05:06 AM
it's actually the names of my girlfriends:
Aivill
Krisna
Leida
*boys*
Alexander
Xyle
Derek

JuchuPati
08-22-2005, 06:32 PM
I like Alejandro, Sergio and Kai for boys.

no clue about girl names :o

marifline
08-22-2005, 07:24 PM
i like the name rose for a girl.
me too..I love this name...I know a Rose from my family who really is the cuteness little girl I've ever seen, Lili is a cute anme too and I do love the names Sebastien, Evan, Mark and Amaury for boys ha..and Jolan too it's a name taken from a comic strips called Thorgal

Jessie_Sophie
08-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Girls names: Jessie (sooooo like that name), Jessica
Boys names: Well..only one right now..Noa(h)

tinuviel_estel
08-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Lucian :)

Papakori
08-23-2005, 07:34 PM
OH, I also like the name "Reiko" for a girl too :D

Pancakesong
08-24-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't know many girlnames but too many for boys:p
for a girl: leana, maura
for a boy: noah, nuno, rafael, miguel, matthias, jonathan, zachariah, thomas (tommy), david, feliciano, milan, silver, mario, fëanor

harajuku girl
09-03-2005, 11:55 AM
For a girl : Chloé, Kayla

for a Boy : Alexandre, Lenny, Tristan or Travis

i like Akasha and Lestat too (like in Anne Rice novels) but it's too weird for a real person!!!!

mandoura
09-03-2005, 01:54 PM
My name is cery uncommon in Egypt. In fact I am the only Mandoura people who know me are aware of (my nanny named her daughter after me so we are virtually the only 2 in Egypt :lol: ) . I love my kids'names, Nouur and Mostafa, specially for their meaning, Light and The Chosen.

Other Arabic names I like for girls: Tibra (gold dust), Lojaina (silver chunk), Amina (honnest), Laila (night), Reem (young deer), Hana (Joy), Farah (happiness).

For boys: Karim (generous), Adham (???), Marawan (???), Omar (long life).

Lucie
09-03-2005, 02:02 PM
for girls i like :
leni, daisy, eden/edie, elsa, erin, freya, grace, hollie, georgia, iris, juliet, lily, tilly, isla, rianna, romola, sienna, skye

for boys i like:
aidan, archie, calder, caleb, daniel, dylan, eden, finn, freddie, hayden, heath, james, joel, lachlan, luke, reuben, matt, oliver, patrick, rafferty, rudy, rawdon, nate, ruaidhri, zack

as you can see I like a lot of names!

Liliy
09-03-2005, 03:25 PM
For girls: Elena, Priscila, Ashley

For boys: Bernardo, James, Rafael, Fernando, Miguel

NiciSunflower
09-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, I think I'd call my daughter Hanna, Emma, Stella, Sophia, or Anna. Or a double name like Hanna-Sophie. As for Anna - it's the name of one of my grandmothers whom I adored, she was like a 2nd mom for me.

I'd be in more trouble with male names, I think I prefer old German names like Paul, Johann, Hannes, or the like. I've heard a boy been called Tapio currently, which I think is a cute Finnish name. But I have no idea what it means :lol: perhaps someone could help?!

mandoura
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Kurt is a nice German name.

Sugar Kane
09-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Yours is a very very nice name :hug: And very rare, so it gets your attention at once.

Lee
09-03-2005, 08:42 PM
I have a special name and everyone butchered it and finally I gave up. Everytime I went to a restaurant and the hostess asked my name, I just say Sarah, which is a far cry from my actual one.

I like Gabriel for boy and Gabriela for girl but that's not my son's name :lol:

lizzieh
09-03-2005, 10:43 PM
I just had a boy myself and my fiancee have called Byron Henry...

but I also like Isabelle... Joshua...Harriet... and India...

Corinna
09-03-2005, 11:00 PM
I just had a boy myself and my fiancee have called Byron Henry...

but I also like Isabelle... Joshua...Harriet... and India...
i love the name of your son - and again congrats :hug: