OK, Murray sucks [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

OK, Murray sucks

TheMightyFed
08-18-2005, 09:33 AM
I watched Murray-Safin yesterday, and after he won the 2nd set 6-1, Murray started to lose against an experienced Safin that served better and closed the match 6-1. Murray was throwing his towel down in front of the ball boys while they were waiting for it, he was very negative and double-faulted almost comically. He looks like a spoiled kid and I hope for him he'll change because he doesn't seem that talented to allow himself to behave like that. He gave Safin the victory IMO. What do you think ? :rolleyes:

skel1983
08-18-2005, 09:39 AM
He is very raw, he needs to learn he has played a handfull of atp matches and is so pumped, For me Djokovic is quite similar these young guns want to win so bad, there in a new enviroment and are learning how to deal with everything, Murray was very dissapointed after the 2nd set, but he has to learn and he will he has only been playing on the atp since June, let's see how he develops over the next few months. He has already cut out the other celebrations, i feel he is a very young 18 compared to a Nadal or Gasquet who have far more experience.

TheMightyFed
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
He has already cut out the other celebrations, i feel he is a very young 18 compared to a Nadal or Gasquet who have far more experience.
For sure, esp. with Nadal and his fighting spirit... what a contrast with low-profile Tim !

The Pro
08-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I want to like Andy Murray, I really do. And I was cheering for him against Safin. I mean, it would be great to have a top Scottish player.

But he really is a gurning, odd little face-ache. The commentators on Sky were commending his shots, which were great at some point, and he clearly has a good tennis brain.

But when his face screws up like a smacked arse and he starts throwing little fits, I just want to give him a thick ear.

And of course anyone who doesn't show ballboys 100% respect (if he was being rude) needs to wise up.

The french have Gasquet, the spanish get Nafal, 2 potential superstars. And we get this little runt. :mad:

Castafiore
08-18-2005, 10:27 AM
The french have Gasquet, the spanish get Nafal, 2 potential superstars. And we get this little runt. :mad:
:haha:
You guys are always so tough on your own.

To be fair on Andy, he's working on his attitude, I think. He said in a recent interview that he knew that he was over the top in Wimbledon.

Each player has to live with his own personality and you can't expect all of them to be the "true calm gentleman" just like Tim Henman seems to be.
Some are more introvert and calm by nature and some are more intense and outgoing by nature.
What Andy now needs to do is find a way to let his personality work for him on the court and now, it hampers him a bit too much (just my impression).

The Pro
08-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I guess we are.

Don't get me wrong though, I could like Murray. There's just something lacking. During his interviews with Sue at Wimbledon, he was dry to the point of being bland.

Time will tell. I like how he's making a name for himself though.

Paul Banks
08-18-2005, 10:48 AM
He thinks he's the king shit.

He's certainly not gonna be popular if he doesn't show a bit more of respect for ballkids.

its.like.that
08-18-2005, 10:48 AM
I don't understand, what is the word "attitude" doing in the title?

:shrug::scratch:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-18-2005, 10:58 AM
My friends, what did Roger do when he was 18? He smashed rackets, shouted, etc.
What did Safin? broke lots of rackets! Andy just shouldn't risk to get the crowd against him, emotions are good but not those things of yesterday's match!

It's clearly all people think he was a fluke, as I said.
Nothing special....

BUT MY FRIENDS YOU'LL SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

Wimbledon champion 2007 at the age of 20!

Time will bring..

TheMightyFed
08-18-2005, 11:51 AM

Time will bring..
Don't do the makro120 with optimistic predictions...
Safin still smashes racquets, but he gives a lot in interviews, and there you see he's a trully great character... time will tell for Murray, but I have my doubts, and yesterday display was not pretty. He could have beaten Safin with a better attitude in the 3rd, which would have been a shock... too bad for him ;)

Tomorrow
08-18-2005, 12:07 PM
All kid experience this, they have a lot of things to learn besides tennis skills, and it will take some time. Don't be too strict to Murray.

TheMightyFed
08-18-2005, 12:14 PM
All kid experience this, they have a lot of things to learn besides tennis skills, and it will take some time. Don't be too strict to Murray.
Unfortunately for him, he's also ugly, and I'm afraid it won't change soon :devil:

kundalini
08-18-2005, 01:44 PM
From what little I know Andy Murray is actually quite considerate - spending ages signing autographs after matches at Wimbledon and Queens because when he was a kid, a certain top player walked straight past him after he had waited for ages for an autograph, so he knows how it feels and he made an effort to sign for as many people as possible.

By the end of the Safin match he was probably tired, frustrated and totally fed up because he was playing poorly (it happens from time to time) and had no control over the match - Safin was just toying with him. He tried to serve deep into the corners on his 2nd serve because in the 1st set he got killed on 2nd serve and it worked in the 2nd set but in the third he kept just missing and ended up with a double fault.

If you are going to criticise players who throw their rackets and get grumpy it is going to be one very long list. As for the towel - he probably just demonstrating his frustration - nothing to do with ball boys.

(I too think Safin is great in interviews)

1sun
08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
he definately has an attitude probelm. i couldnt believe how disrespectful he was to stepanek. total twat.

The Pro
08-18-2005, 01:58 PM
From what little I know Andy Murray is actually quite considerate - spending ages signing autographs after matches at Wimbledon and Queens because when he was a kid, a certain top player walked straight past him after he had waited for ages for an autograph, so he knows how it feels and he made an effort to sign for as many people as possible.

Name and shame! It was Agassi, the narky swine isn't beyond reproach! :D

I can only imagine what will happen if Murray and Agassi ever play. I'd say when they shake hands Agassi would give him a bit of paper and say "Here's the autograph you wanted. You little punk!"

But yeah, Andy is good that way, he has a lot of time for his fans.

kundalini
08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
he definately has an attitude probelm. i couldnt believe how disrespectful he was to stepanek. total twat.

Saying Stepanek behaved like an idiot was hardly diplomatic.

But there is a long list of players saying something along the same lines in private.

So perhaps Stepanek might wish to change his behaviour

Or perhaps it is just sportsmanship

basil333
08-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I guess we are.

Don't get me wrong though, I could like Murray. There's just something lacking. During his interviews with Sue at Wimbledon, he was dry to the point of being bland.

If its the same interview I am thinking of - he was dry to the point of being really rude - sorry scratch that - I think he was really rude - he needs to learn to respect his elders.

Nimomunz
08-18-2005, 02:21 PM
ladies and gents i think we have found the new hewitt!! :devil:

TheMightyFed
08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Hopefully for him he'll be number 1 two years in a row and get 2 slams...

Nimomunz
08-18-2005, 02:30 PM
:scratch: um no but thats good to!
Hopefully for him he'll be number 1 two years in a row and get 2 slams...

The Pro
08-18-2005, 02:33 PM
If its the same interview I am thinking of - he was dry to the point of being really rude - sorry scratch that - I think he was really rude - he needs to learn to respect his elders.

Sue did have to try rather hard with him, didn't she? Still, he could have been shy.

But if Sue can't get him to open up, then who will?!?!?

Experimentee
08-18-2005, 03:01 PM
He is very raw, he needs to learn he has played a handfull of atp matches and is so pumped, For me Djokovic is quite similar these young guns want to win so bad, there in a new enviroment and are learning how to deal with everything, Murray was very dissapointed after the 2nd set, but he has to learn and he will he has only been playing on the atp since June, let's see how he develops over the next few months. He has already cut out the other celebrations, i feel he is a very young 18 compared to a Nadal or Gasquet who have far more experience.

Have you seen Djokovic play? His attitude is nothing like Murray's. He is calm and gets on with business without carrying on like a spoilt brat. I'm not at all surprised to hear these reports about Murray based on what I saw at Wimbledon. He has no respect for others, even worse than Hewitt. He's got no right to talk about Stepanek's behaviour when he acts like this all the time.

jole
08-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Have you seen Djokovic play? His attitude is nothing like Murray's. He is calm and gets on with business without carrying on like a spoilt brat. I'm not at all surprised to hear these reports about Murray based on what I saw at Wimbledon. He has no respect for others, even worse than Hewitt. He's got no right to talk about Stepanek's behaviour when he acts like this all the time.

For real.

It is absurd to say Novak is badly behaved. For his age he is composed as hell, and I feel little like things will help set him apart.

skel1983
08-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Did you see him at Wimbledon???????? Banging his raquet after every unforced error, big groans point after point, these thread has moved onto Murray's attitude on court to off court, But at Wimbledon i saw Djokovic shoulders dropped moaning, just generally being very irratable, this wasn't an attack, but you seem to think it is.

its.like.that
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
My friends, what did Roger do when he was 18? He smashed rackets, shouted, etc.
What did Safin? broke lots of rackets! Andy just shouldn't risk to get the crowd against him, emotions are good but not those things of yesterday's match!

It's clearly all people think he was a fluke, as I said.
Nothing special....

Time will bring..

:bs::bs::bs:

its.like.that
08-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Name and shame! It was Agassi, the narky swine isn't beyond reproach! :D

I can only imagine what will happen if Murray and Agassi ever play. I'd say when they shake hands Agassi would give him a bit of paper and say "Here's the autograph you wanted. You little punk!"

But yeah, Andy is good that way, he has a lot of time for his fans.

careful what you say about Agassi, if your nose isn't the right shade of brown, you may be reprimanded.

Experimentee
08-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Did you see him at Wimbledon???????? Banging his raquet after every unforced error, big groans point after point, these thread has moved onto Murray's attitude on court to off court, But at Wimbledon i saw Djokovic shoulders dropped moaning, just generally being very irratable, this wasn't an attack, but you seem to think it is.

I've never seen him act like that, and anyway, dropping the shoulders and being down is normal. What is unacceptable is when players act badly towards the ballkids and start shouting at everyone, pumping fists at opponents to intimidate them etc

stuey87
08-18-2005, 04:46 PM

I hope Murray doesn't start wearing bandanas. Another difference is complete strangers ask him to marry them as opposed to the other way round with Lleyton :p (Sorry that was low)
It'd be terrible for me if he turned out like Lleyton because I'd be supporting a player I wouldn't like. :(

Raquel
08-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm not at all surprised to hear these reports about Murray based on what I saw at Wimbledon. He has no respect for others, even worse than Hewitt. He's got no right to talk about Stepanek's behaviour when he acts like this all the time.
Andy did say in an interview he was over the top at Wimbledon. I think with all the hype and playing seeded players in front of big crowds, for someone then ranked in the 300s, it was something totally new and he did get caught up in it and carried away. He doesn't act like he did at Wimbledon "all the time".

Raquel
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I watched Murray-Safin yesterday, and after he won the 2nd set 6-1, Murray started to lose against an experienced Safin that served better and closed the match 6-1. Murray was throwing his towel down in front of the ball boys while they were waiting for it, he was very negative and double-faulted almost comically. He looks like a spoiled kid and I hope for him he'll change because he doesn't seem that talented to allow himself to behave like that. He gave Safin the victory IMO. What do you think ? :rolleyes:
Do I think he gave Safin the victory? No. You said yourself in your first sentence Safin is a lot more experienced and served better but then you say Murray gave him the win. It's either one or the other. I think Safin upped his level from the second set and Andy got tired mentally and physically very quickly. He'd played 6 straight weeks but will still definitely needs to work on his fitness in the off season.

I don't think he is spoiled. He seems pretty level headed and after what happened when he was school, I'm sure he is very aware of how lucky he is.

Raquel
08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
I want to like Andy Murray, I really do. And I was cheering for him against Safin. I mean, it would be great to have a top Scottish player.

But he really is a gurning, odd little face-ache. The commentators on Sky were commending his shots, which were great at some point, and he clearly has a good tennis brain.

But when his face screws up like a smacked arse and he starts throwing little fits, I just want to give him a thick ear.

And of course anyone who doesn't show ballboys 100% respect (if he was being rude) needs to wise up.

I am Scottish too and it is great that we have someone who could actually do well. If we were American or Argentinian there would be a lot of home players we could choose to support but from Scotland? Andy's it. That's not to say we have to support him at all. His nationality maybe got me to notice him more than other players, but after watching quite a lot of him, I do genuinely like his game and hope he does well. To say though that Spain get Nadal and France get Gasquet and but "we" have to get Andy as if he is representing the whole country is unfair. You don't have to get him at all. He's not representing the whole country, he's doing it for himself.

Raquel
08-18-2005, 05:24 PM
I don't understand, what is the word "attitude" doing in the title?

:shrug::scratch:
:ras:

Touché.

I'll let that one slide since it's you ;)

Seleshfan
08-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi The Pro,

I really enjoyed the phrases you used in your posts. I like the "face-ache, thick ear, smacked arse, and narky swine" lines. They're very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

P.S. What do you mean, by saying thick ear and narky swine?

I'm guessing thick ear, is a lecture? And narky swine is just a jerk?

Duncan
08-18-2005, 06:30 PM

I feel the exact same way watching Monfils getting pummelled right at this moment on court..

he's a joke to watch at the moment

The Pro
08-19-2005, 11:10 AM
I am Scottish too and it is great that we have someone who could actually do well. If we were American or Argentinian there would be a lot of home players we could choose to support but from Scotland? Andy's it. That's not to say we have to support him at all. His nationality maybe got me to notice him more than other players, but after watching quite a lot of him, I do genuinely like his game and hope he does well. To say though that Spain get Nadal and France get Gasquet and but "we" have to get Andy as if he is representing the whole country is unfair. You don't have to get him at all. He's not representing the whole country, he's doing it for himself.

You're right, he is doing it for himself, but he is kind of representing his country to, whether he likes it or not. But I won't hold him to some standard and say "If other countries can have this, why can't we?" and "He has to do this, this and this or he won't represent Scotland appropriately."

His guts and impressive talent (when his head's there) are adequate representation for me.

Hi The Pro,

I really enjoyed the phrases you used in your posts.

And I really enjoyed reading your post. :D

P.S. What do you mean, by saying thick ear and narky swine?

I'm guessing thick ear, is a lecture? And narky swine is just a jerk?

If someone's narky, they're pretty much always upset about something or other. Agassi always seems to be frowning IMO, or complaining to some official or other.

Thick ear, I'm not 100% sure, it either means to give someone a thump round the head (so that their ear would swell up) or to lecture someone. I meant the former anyway!

TheMightyFed
08-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Do I think he gave Safin the victory? No. You said yourself in your first sentence Safin is a lot more experienced and served better but then you say Murray gave him the win. It's either one or the other.
For me it's not contradictory. When you have Safin in front of you and you're young, you keep focused because yoou know this guy, with his experience and talent, can destroy you. So, AT LEAST, you remain focused and positive to stay in the match, to have a chance... but if you screw up and you behave as if you didn't have your little candybar, then it's over for you...
and as I see that some Scotish are getting upset on the matter, there's nothing to see with country, I also criticized the ridiculous Monfils in Roland Garros with his boxer outfit to be destroyed 1st round... :rolleyes:

Plastic Bertrand
08-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Murray is a Scottish Hewitt without the fitness, more so in attitude than in game. Some people will love him and others will love not liking him and many won't be indifferent towards him.

I've seen him been rude to the ballboys more than once and that is not good.

Duncan
08-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Personally i think all young players coming through right now have an attitude problem-

Castafiore
08-19-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't think that this new generation has more of an attitude problem at this moment than the previous generation.

you keep focused because yoou know this guy, with his experience and talent, can destroy you. So, AT LEAST, you remain focused and positive to stay in the match
That really depends on your own personality.
For me, competition = fire and passion. So, when I get into a tough situation, I need to encourage myself and you will end up seeing even more fire from me.
The odd thing is that in a tough situation, it takes much more energy out of me to remain cool, calm and reserved than to keep myself going in a passionate way. I have a friend who is the opposite. Getting intense and passionate takes too much from her so she remains reserved and a bit withdrawn under pressure.
For her, it takes too much energy to be intense.
For me, it takes too much energy to remain calm and cool.
We each deal with pressure differently.

It's all a matter of personality and you can't expect people to behave in a certain way under pressure.
There were always many different personalities in tennis who deal with various situations very differently.

So, in my opinion, Murray should learn to work with his own personality and find a way to let it work for him under pressure

Deivid23
08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Sorry but Murray doesn´t have the tenth part of the talent that Djokovic has

Deivid23
08-19-2005, 12:50 PM

Time will bring..

Somebody call a doctor, please

Raquel
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
and as I see that some Scotish are getting upset on the matter, there's nothing to see with country, I also criticized the ridiculous Monfils in Roland Garros with his boxer outfit to be destroyed 1st round... :rolleyes:
You're right - just because a player is from your own country doesn't mean you need to like or support them. Tim Henman has never been hugely popular among a lot of Brits. A lot of Aussies seem to not be too keen on Lleyton. It's just personal choice.

I do like Andy though so I think the thread title is wrong. He doesn't suck. He's a good player. It's amazing how many people don't like him already :lol: A lot of people are predicting he won't do well in the game, he doesn't have a 10th of Djokovic's talent etc. etc. - time will tell, but I genuinely think he has a good future in the game and he's not

Nimomunz
08-19-2005, 02:38 PM
You're right - just because a player is from your own country doesn't mean you need to like or support them. Tim Henman has never been hugely popular among a lot of Brits. A lot of Aussies seem to not be too keen on Lleyton. It's just personal choice.

i doubt if time made the final of wimby everyone in the kingdom wouldnt cheer him on!!

Chloe le Bopper
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
King Andy for life. Down with zee hatas!

Um, seriously, I dig brats. I look forward to seeing him act like a twat in person next week.

NYCtennisfan
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
King Andy for life. Down with zee hatas!

Um, seriously, I dig brats. I look forward to seeing him act like a twat in person next week.

LOL! The question is, Chloe, is a wily asshole 'cuz we know you like your assholes wily ;)

PaulieM
08-20-2005, 03:59 AM
this sums up how i feel about him. i saw an interview where in the span of 2 minutes he managed to insult his mother and 2-3 players i think, it was awful and it really made me not like him. he got a little bit ahead of himself and forgot who he is (for lack of a better way of putting it) :shrug:

Merton
08-20-2005, 04:07 AM
I am not a Murray fan but i think we could be more lenient to an 18-year old kid on his first year on tour. Hopefully, he will mature.

Sweatystatman
08-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Unbelievable!!!!

I can excuse those of you from outwith GB for having a go at Andy ......... I can almost understand any English contributors having a go at Andy (for reasons see below), .... but any Scot with negative opinions should have a long hard look in the mirror, assuming it isn't already broken that is?!

How quick we are to judge!!
Making it in the pros is unbelievably tough .... just ask some of the other British players ..... you have to be tough to survive. You also need to be a single-minded winner. You cannot think about other people when you are on court - it is either you or him, end of story!! It's your job. It's even tougher to survive when you are the new kid on the block. Do you think the older more experienced journeymen enjoy losing to the new boy?!? Of course they don't ...... so they do everything they can to try to put the opposition off, incuding gamesmanship (Mr Stepanek) and sledging at changeovers (I won't name this particular South African, but he should be ashamed of himself and improve his choice of vocabulary, particularly when speaking to a 15 year old boy!!).
Lets leave Andy to develop and then, in 10 years time, pass whatever comments you want. We Scots have waited a long, long time to have a tennis player to be proud of and to support at Grand Slam events ..... so I intend to enjoy every minute of it and to provide UNQUALIFIED SUPPORT. I remember being at the Australian Open and being very jealous of the Swedish tennis fans who were having such a great time, hoping one day that there would be a Scot for us to cheer! Well now there is .... and I fully intend to cheer!!

Finally, regarding my opening comments about the English. I could almost understand an element of bitterness amongst the fans of GB's SECOND best tennis country. The LTA makes an absolute fortune from Wimbledon and invests significant sums of money in a system that hasn't yet produced any tennis players of note. Also, for the record, this system virtually ignores Scotland despite Scotland having produced some of the best young male tennis players in recent years ...... from outwith the system. Oh how it must annoy the blazers at the LTA that Britain's best young talent in many years is from Scotland and is NOT a product of the system. Beautiful!!

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-20-2005, 08:58 AM
Unbelievable!!!!

I can excuse those of you from outwith GB for having a go at Andy ......... I can almost understand any English contributors having a go at Andy (for reasons see below), .... but any Scot with negative opinions should have a long hard look in the mirror, assuming it isn't already broken that is?!

Making it in the pros is unbelievably tough .... just ask some of the other British players ..... you have to be tough to survive. You also need to be a single-minded winner. You cannot think about other people when you are on court - it is either you or him, end of story!! It's your job. It's even tougher to survive when you are the new kid on the block. Do you think the older more experienced journeymen enjoy losing to the new boy?!? Of course they don't ...... so they do everything they can to try to put the opposition off, incuding gamesmanship (Mr Stepanek) and sledging at changeovers (I won't name this particular South African, but he should be ashamed of himself and improve his choice of vocabulary, particularly when speaking to a 15 year old boy!!).
Lets leave Andy to develop and then, in 10 years time, pass whatever comments you want. We Scots have waited a long, long time to have a tennis player to be proud of and to support at Grand Slam events ..... so I intend to enjoy every minute of it and to provide UNQUALIFIED SUPPORT. I remember being at the Australian Open and being very jealous of the Swedish tennis fans who were having such a great time, hoping one day that there would be a Scot for us to cheer! Well now there is .... and I fully intend to cheer!!

Finally, regarding my opening comments about the English. I could almost understand an element of bitterness amongst the fans of GB's SECOND best tennis country. The LTA makes an absolute fortune from Wimbledon and invests significant sums of money in a system that hasn't yet produced any tennis players of note. Also, for the record, this system virtually ignores Scotland despite Scotland having produced some of the best young male tennis players in recent years ...... from outwith the system. Oh how it must annoy the blazers at the LTA that Britain's best young talent in many years is from Scotland and is NOT a product of the system. Beautiful!!

:wavey: :worship:

what does the suck in the title? :rolleyes: the only one who sucks is you.

The Pro
08-20-2005, 09:03 AM

Lots of good points, but, well, he could TRY smiling once in a while...

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-20-2005, 09:08 AM
the c'mon is enough for me, that's important.

Raquel
08-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Unbelievable!!!!

:yeah: :worship:

Great post. The LTA have produced no one of note in 30 YEARS. It's remarkable. Henman was not part of any LTA programme, Rusedski obviously wasn't and Andy was trained by his mother and at the Sanchez/Casal Academy in Spain. Yet the LTA have all that money from Wimbledon year in, year out. None of the LTA funded prodigies have done much. Jamie Delgado, Martin Lee, Arvind Parmar - all touted as the next big thing as some point yet they have done relatively little. You really do wonder how the money is actually being spent.

I am Scottish too and that's what did get me noticing Andy Murray more than other young British players and I agree with you - it's really great to have a genuinely good player to support and one that has a good chance of doing really well. This is really the first time we've had someone and being typically patriotic, he is going to get a lot of support but if he did do something out of line or wrong I wouldn't defend him purely because he is Scottish. I do think though he hasn't done anything that bad. At Wimbledon he was very animated but he admitted himself he was a bit over the top at times and got caught up in the excitement of all the attention, the support, being on Centre Court. He was a lot calmer in Cincinnati and has got his head down and worked hard on the Challenger tour when he has played there. There was no big hype, no big crowds, but he went and won 2 events in 5 weeks.

And one the best hopes of the future in Britain is Jamie Baker - a 16 year old from Glasgow - so maybe there will be groups of Scottish fans at the Aussie Open just like the Swedes soon :p

Paul Banks
08-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Unbelievable!!!!

If some fans are already oversensitive, I wonder what it's gonna be like when Andy will reach Hewitt notoriety. :p It''s not an obligation to like Andy Murray, whether you're scottish or not.

Chill.

Sweatystatman
08-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks Raquel. Andy is doing great, Jamie Baker and Colin Fleming are quietly going about their business. Jamie Murray and Colin playing great doubles. Scotland with a Davis Cup team?!? I know there are rules about parliaments and stuff like that, but it's good to dream!!

Dashers
08-20-2005, 10:55 PM
I wondered how long it would be until the Murray-knockers crawled out from under a rock :( The guy's not even in the top 100 and already mdhubert et al are on the case. Congratulations!

He is an 18 year old teenager. Teenagers have strops. I assume you've not met any or don't have any? The only thing that marks out Andy is that he has to have his in full public view. He'll grow out of it.

Duncan
08-20-2005, 11:59 PM
All the Murray haters should crawl back under the rock they came out from..

This is the boy who was in his school when a madman broke in and murdered many children

GIVE HIM A BREAK!

I am proud to be a big Andy Murray supporter and if he manages to do well in Grand Slams without cracking a smile then i don't really care! Oh how i would love to go to the Aussie Open in 1/2/3 years and sit in the section of Scottish support cheering on Andy

revolution
08-23-2005, 11:22 AM

It was Stepanek's gamesmanship that caused him to do that.

Nimomunz
08-24-2005, 06:38 PM
bump
this comes from weirtheims new article.Have you noticed the striking resemblance between Murray, the British tennis star, and the horror mask in the Scream trilogy of films? Perhaps they are related?
-- Peter, London
funny thing it come from uk

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 10:29 PM
bump
this comes from weirtheims new article.
funny thing it come from uk

He's English, hence he's probably a HATA :p

Chloe le Bopper
08-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Clearly this topic needs to be discussed further.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-27-2005, 07:38 PM
exactly, Murray sucks:rolleyes: of course.....:o I miss Dragan, we need some good comments, such as did he every qualify for a tournament? yes he did!:fiery: