Henman looking like a rookie??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Henman looking like a rookie???

skel1983
08-18-2005, 09:12 AM
At the moment Henman does not look like aplyer who has been in around the top 10 for 7 years and appeared in 6 GS semi finals!!!

He looks absolutly clueless out there, give credit to Chela i thought he played very well, but Henman is not a patch on what he was less than a year a go

His serve is becoming the laughing stock of the tour, have you noticed when it comes to the crunch time of a set these days, he cant buy a first serve, at 4-4 1st set they played 10 points and Henman served 1 first serve 10%!!!!
In the second set he was broken after being 40-0 up, but then he decided to let his first serve go missing again and was broken, i mean Chela is a solid player but someone with Henman's game should be able to despatch Chela, i think there game matches up greatly in Henman's favour, but this result just shows how much he is struggling and for me it's all down to his serve, we all know he is one of the best retrievers in the game and constintly has oppurtunites on opponents serve, but when he is taken to at least deuce nearly everytime he serves he has big problem's. I do feel for Henman but this performance and result has gone a long way to confirming my worries of his demise, i hope he proves me wrong at reahes second week of US Open but i doubt it!!!!

El Legenda
08-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Not like a rookie..more like a guy at end of him prime or career.

skel1983
08-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I know what your saying but if that was the case the rest of his game would be going the same way, but i still feel his general play is fine, but he is getting very tight in big situations, with his experience it suprises me, like i say his general game is fine it's his mental lapse's at cruch times are costing him.

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 09:38 AM
I think he lacks confidence, I dont know what it is. He def needs to beef up his serve and FH a bit but I think if he can get a big win, say Fed or Roddick maybe he will start playing better.