Federer is Playing Doubles?! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer is Playing Doubles?!

njnetswill
08-17-2005, 10:42 PM
:eek:

oneandonlyhsn
08-17-2005, 10:44 PM
He needs all the match practice he can get, the more he plays the faster he will get his rythm back, allez Fed/Allegro

Doris Loeffel
08-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Well guess he want's some more practis as he just came off from a long break - and don't forget DC is coming soon ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
08-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't like it if he isn't injured or not 100% healthy.
If he is healthy and just needs more matches good for him

NYCtennisfan
08-18-2005, 12:53 AM
He played for 2 hours + against Kiefer and now his doubles match is 2+ hours. That's a lot of tennis, no matter how much rest he is coming off of.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Oh well he's just been eliminated now anyway.

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 01:16 AM
Fed/Allegro just sucked in doubles 0/15 BP :o

rofe
08-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Fed/Allegro just sucked in doubles 0/15 BP :o

As long as he got match practice, who cares. I don't think he needs it though to defeat Ollie.

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 01:22 AM
As long as he got match practice, who cares. I don't think he needs it though to defeat Ollie.

Yep he just needed the practice, but they need to improve for DC

Stevens Point
08-18-2005, 01:24 AM
They needed more matches to play together considering Davis Cup. I don't know if Stan Wawrinka can win one of 2 singles (Rusedski and Murray?), while I assume Roger will win the other two singles. Then Roger/Yves doubles match could be very important.

Billabong
08-18-2005, 01:24 AM
If only they had converted one of those 4 match points at 6-5:(... anyways I hope Fed got some rhythm and that he'll play better tomorrow than today:)! GO FED:D!!!

rofe
08-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Yep he just needed the practice, but they need to improve for DC

Don't care about Swiss DC matches really but I can understand how Swiss fans feel about it.

Stevens Point
08-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Don't care about Swiss DC matches really but I can understand how Swiss fans feel about it.
Glad you understand how we feel. :D

nobama
08-18-2005, 03:10 AM
How do Rusedski & Murray play on clay though? Stan plays pretty well on clay, doesn't he?

Havok
08-18-2005, 03:19 AM
If I were a Swiss fan I would be pissed at Federer for skipping the 1r tie and sending the SUI team back to the world group playoffs. The team needed him in their opening round match so that if they win then it doesn't matter what happens later because next year they're still entered into the main draw. I foresee that if somehow GBR upsets SUI Federer won't bother with DC anymore since the team will fall even further and have to win more than one tie to qualify.

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 03:34 AM
If I were a Swiss fan I would be pissed at Federer for skipping the 1r tie and sending the SUI team back to the world group playoffs. The team needed him in their opening round match so that if they win then it doesn't matter what happens later because next year they're still entered into the main draw. I foresee that if somehow GBR upsets SUI Federer won't bother with DC anymore since the team will fall even further and have to win more than one tie to qualify.

:rolleyes: Feds dream is to win DC it still is, but do you really expect #1 player to play all DC ties and also participate in all the tournies. People are already calling him superhuman, if he did that he would surely be an alien :lol:

Havok
08-18-2005, 04:58 AM
:rolleyes: Feds dream is to win DC it still is, but do you really expect #1 player to play all DC ties and also participate in all the tournies. People are already calling him superhuman, if he did that he would surely be an alien :lol:
Um quite frankly yes I am expecting him to compete in all the DC ties. Lots of top players do it, so why not Federer? The least he could have done was to show up and help his team win 1r so they remain in the main draw for 06 but now his team is relegated to the field just below the MD and they have to win this event just to get themselves back into the main draw for 2006. The male players take DC very seriously and a large majority of them play it. The females on the other hand tend to be selfish and just look after themselves, and that's sort of what Federer did this year (have no clue about last year don't remember).

Am I blaming him, no not really but this whole response was my responding to a previous post which was talking about responding as a Suisse fan, meaning being from Switzerland and if I was Swiss then yes I would be pissed at him for not showing up fr the 1r and didn't give a crap and only looked after himself.:p

NYCtennisfan
08-18-2005, 05:16 AM
How do Rusedski & Murray play on clay though? Stan plays pretty well on clay, doesn't he?

Rusedski is hopeless and we don't know too much about Murray. He won a future a year ago but his best results are on fast courts.

NYCtennisfan
08-18-2005, 05:17 AM
f I were a Swiss fan I would be pissed at Federer for skipping the 1r tie and sending the SUI team back to the world group playoffs.

I'm sure Swiss sports fans are pissed at Fed every second of every day. :rolleyes:

switz
08-18-2005, 06:59 AM
not to be offensive intentionally but is Allegro a really bad player? he's had some ok results with other people from memory but with Roger they never seem to do much. i realise that roger's brilliance in singles doesn't automatically equate with doubles successful but with his game i find it hard to believe he's a liability. they've done OK in Davis Cup but even there they've struggled. i think they just beat the team they lost today in 5 sets.

switz
08-18-2005, 07:02 AM
well Rog has had an excuse in DC for a little while because Kratochvil's big decline has meant everything rests on him and even in doubles it's hard to pull through.

If Wawrinka keeps rising as i expect he will then they he'll lose that excuse.

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 07:40 AM
not to be offensive intentionally but is Allegro a really bad player? he's had some ok results with other people from memory but with Roger they never seem to do much. i realise that roger's brilliance in singles doesn't automatically equate with doubles successful but with his game i find it hard to believe he's a liability. they've done OK in Davis Cup but even there they've struggled. i think they just beat the team they lost today in 5 sets.

Roger used to do very well with Hingis in Mixed doubles, never seen him with Allegro so not sure what the problem is

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 09:02 AM

Roger and Allegro have won 2 titles together, so yes that's disappointing and playing with one of your best friends can be a problem as well.

Stevens Point
08-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Um quite frankly yes I am expecting him to compete in all the DC ties. Lots of top players do it, so why not Federer? The least he could have done was to show up and help his team win 1r so they remain in the main draw for 06 but now his team is relegated to the field just below the MD and they have to win this event just to get themselves back into the main draw for 2006. The male players take DC very seriously and a large majority of them play it. The females on the other hand tend to be selfish and just look after themselves, and that's sort of what Federer did this year (have no clue about last year don't remember).

Am I blaming him, no not really but this whole response was my responding to a previous post which was talking about responding as a Suisse fan, meaning being from Switzerland and if I was Swiss then yes I would be pissed at him for not showing up fr the 1r and didn't give a crap and only looked after himself.:p

Well, actually the majority of Swiss people understood him very well when he announced that he was not going to compete in the first round of this year's Davis Cup. His one of the most important goals for this year which he set end of last year was to defend the no.1 ranking. DC first tie took place between Dubai and Indian Wells in which he was the defending champion and wanted to defend some points. He also said defending Indian Wells title and doing well in Miami was his focus. It must have been a hard decision for him to sacrifice DC, though.

Yes, we lost in the first round of DC. But we Swiss fans don't blame him... Very few are saying "if Federer had been there,,,,," It was a very good fight against Holland, Wawrinka and Chiudinelli fought really well. On the other hand, Federer played successfully in Dubai, Indian Wells, and Miami. We are all happy about this term of the year.

The Pro
08-18-2005, 11:15 AM
All I can say is-

HAHA, FEDERER SUCKS AT SOMETHING!

You've got to snatch these when they appear....

Nimomunz
08-18-2005, 02:41 PM
All I can say is-

HAHA, FEDERER SUCKS AT SOMETHING!

You've got to snatch these when they appear....
uh oh

The Pro
08-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm being glib, don't all charge me at once... :angel: