Drysdale has a MAJOR crush on Safin!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Drysdale has a MAJOR crush on Safin!!

Nimomunz
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
omigod its almost as bad as the crush PMac has on Nadal. he is the worst/best Marat apologist out there. i was cringing listening to him in the safin-hernych match it was ll he is such a talent, he's an artist, and i swear he said when PMac was ragging on him "well i like it he plays BEAUTIFULLY Wats the problem with that?" he sounded like a lovesick teenager. :hearts:

so Gilbert has a crush on Agassi PMac has one on Nadal and Cliff is gaga over Safin (can you blame him?) i wonder how it'll be in the booth come a nadal safin match! will there be fisticuffs? i cant wait!!!

Wat do you think? :shrug:

gillian
08-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Cliff is gaga over Safin (can you blame him?)

No, Ninomunz, I can't blame Cliff for his crush on Safin. All I can do is commend his great taste.

RogiFan88
08-17-2005, 03:51 PM
these guys are SO fickle...

NYCtennisfan
08-17-2005, 07:15 PM
So true. I remember about couple of years ago, some guy wrote into ESPN asking them who had the greatest serve of all time because at the time, Roddick's serve was untouchable. Anyway, PMAC without hesitation said Sampras of course and also mentioned Ivanisevic. Cliff picked Safin's serve. Yes, a crush.

Nimomunz
08-17-2005, 07:32 PM
So true. I remember about couple of years ago, some guy wrote into ESPN asking them who had the greatest serve of all time because at the time, Roddick's serve was untouchable. Anyway, PMAC without hesitation said Sampras of course and also mentioned Ivanisevic. Cliff picked Safin's serve. Yes, a crush.
speaking of the serve he went on and on about how perfect and fluid it was and was asking PMac why it was so. Pmac all but said whatever man but the director showed safins serve in slow motion and so they dissected that its coz he rotates the upper torso and can bring the power he need way deep in to a fifth set. PMAc was over but cliff gushed about how its really nice and should people be taught it and Pmac was like man you cant teach people a serve like that.
then he turned into safins backhand how its a beauty almost like a left handed forehand and how could it be taught to Hewitt and Roddick who are stiff in their left hands and Pmac was like man you gotta build your games around your strengths. hewitt and roddick just dont have a backhand as a strength. then cliff was like there are very few weaknesses to pick on for safin :drool:
i like cliff but a 50+ old man with a crush on a younger guy is :tape:

oneandonlyhsn
08-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Who doesnt :shrug:

CassL
08-17-2005, 07:57 PM
It's so funny how cliff always gushes about how good-looking Marat is.

Nimomunz
08-17-2005, 08:01 PM
It's so funny how cliff always gushes about how good-looking Marat is.
he did that to yesterdat i love safin but it was over the top!! :gag:

Seleshfan
08-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Get in line old man.

NYCtennisfan
08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
speaking of the serve he went on and on about how perfect and fluid it was and was asking PMac why it was so. Pmac all but said whatever man but the director showed safins serve in slow motion and so they dissected that its coz he rotates the upper torso and can bring the power he need way deep in to a fifth set. PMAc was over but cliff gushed about how its really nice and should people be taught it and Pmac was like man you cant teach people a serve like that.
then he turned into safins backhand how its a beauty almost like a left handed forehand and how could it be taught to Hewitt and Roddick who are stiff in their left hands and Pmac was like man you gotta build your games around your strengths. hewitt and roddick just dont have a backhand as a strength. then cliff was like there are very few weaknesses to pick on for safin
i like cliff but a 50+ old man with a crush on a younger guy is

LOL! Perhaps Cliffy will service Marat after he wins today?

_pyromatic
08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
BG was going on about how ripped Safin is too :lol:

tinuviel_estel
08-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Get in line old man.
:lol::lol:

Seleshfan
08-17-2005, 09:28 PM
LOL! Perhaps Cliffy will service Marat after he wins today?

I hear Safin is pretty well endowed. Cliffy may need to remove his dentures for this one.

tinuviel_estel
08-17-2005, 09:29 PM
OMG! you are so funny!!:haha::haha:

Seleshfan
08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
OMG! you are so funny!!:haha::haha:

:smooch: Flattery will get you everywhere.

NYCtennisfan
08-17-2005, 09:51 PM
I hear Safin is pretty well endowed. Cliffy may need to remove his dentures for this one.

Oh my....... :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

njnetswill
08-17-2005, 10:40 PM
You people are making me spin up some interesting images in my head. :unsure:

Seleshfan
08-17-2005, 10:49 PM
You people are making me spin up some interesting images in my head. :unsure:

you know you like it. :p Imagining Cliffy's soft Efferdent flavored gums rubbing against Safin's hard, veiny...well nevermind, that is gross. :haha:

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh My God... :spit: :haha: :haha: That one was just too much :haha: I'm too visual :tape:

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
you know you like it. :p Imagining Cliffy's soft Efferdent flavored gums rubbing against Safin's hard, veiny...well nevermind, that is gross. :haha:
Hadn't seen that one. :hysteric: :haha:

Goonergal
08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
:haha: :tape: :haha:

Jennay
08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Who doesn't? When Safin is on, he's absolutely amazing to watch. That backhand :inlove:
Get in line old man.
:haha:

Crystal702
08-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Best. thread. ever!! :haha:

Nimomunz
08-18-2005, 01:46 AM
this time cliff was a bit toned down safin did a jump cc bh and pmac and bg were loving it and cliff didnt like it said it was too much!! i think he didnt like sharing him with the two other guys!! :lol:

Scotso
08-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Safin looks like shit. He needs to cut his hair and shave.

jmp
08-18-2005, 02:40 AM
How did this thread turn so dirty so quickly? :lol:

Cliff talks gushingly about Marat now. But, at the end of 2004 at the Houston Cup he didn't want to give props to Marat. PMac and Mary C. had to tell him that Marat is DA MAN.

I'm glad Cliff has the bug now and I'm glad ESPN2 is showing him so much this week.

Keep winning, Marat!! :bounce:

Nimomunz
08-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Safin looks like shit. He needs to cut his hair and shave.
pointless troll!

Scotso
08-18-2005, 02:57 AM
I'm a troll because I don't it's sexy when men look like bigfoot?

JeNn
08-18-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm a troll because I don't it's sexy when men look like bigfoot?

Don't worry Scott I agree with you. Safin is looking his ugliest ever at the moment (of course thats still better than a lot of people, but....). I don't mind his hair with a bit of length, but that long? :tape: And some facial hair, but that much? :tape: And both together? No thanx :tape:

Of course, I'd still go down on him if the opportunity presented itself.

CassL
08-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Don't worry Scott I agree with you. Safin is looking his ugliest ever at the moment (of course thats still better than a lot of people, but....). I don't mind his hair with a bit of length, but that long? :tape: And some facial hair, but that much? :tape: And both together? No thanx :tape:

Of course, I'd still go down on him if the opportunity presented itself.
Safin at his ugliest (which is right now) is still better looking than 99% of players on tour.

JeNn
08-18-2005, 03:09 AM
Safin at his ugliest (which is right now) is still better looking than 99% of players on tour.

Naturally ;)

RoddickBabe10
08-18-2005, 03:37 AM

:yeah:

And Marat at his ugliest is still pretty damn hot.:drool:

tangerine_dream
08-18-2005, 03:42 AM
I have a crush on Cliffy :inlove:

NYCtennisfan
08-18-2005, 05:07 AM
I have a crush on Cliffy

LOL!

The Pro
08-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Who's PMac?

No, I shouldn't know.

Nimomunz
08-18-2005, 03:06 PM
PMac is Patrick MacEnroe!
Cliffy was looking at safins legs and said i think he's lost weight how much do you think he's lost brad and bad was like i dunno man and cliff was like you're courtside just give us an estimate and brad said 5-6 pounds. careful cliff your pink fluffy thong is showing!!

RebelNYC
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
This thread is hilarious! I will laugh out loud next time I see Cliff....

alfonsojose
08-18-2005, 07:15 PM
:drool: i can smell it. Bleach smell in the air :yeah:

MisterQ
09-14-2005, 10:07 PM
That's interesting, because young Drysdale looked a bit like Safin. ;)

Eclectic Goddess
09-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Cliffy is so cute. He used to have the biggest crush on Patrick Rafter, so it's only natural that he's had to find a replacement. He could do worse than Marat.

lilfairyprincess
09-14-2005, 10:51 PM
:lol: so much at this thread!!

ragazza
09-14-2005, 11:08 PM
A comentator on a TV here was commenting Feli Lopez's powerful serve and amazing stile and his great game... other was saying Federer was like a young Mister Olympia (lol)... so bad not many ppl can hear those somments...

wipeout
09-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Marat's a bit like Johnny Depp in that no matter how ludicrous his current hairstyle, etc. is, his looks allow him to get away with it. Well, just about. ;)

PaulieM
09-15-2005, 01:14 AM
you can practically hear the drool hitting the floor of the booth as cliff imagines a threesome with marat and roger, he gushes over those two more than anybody.

Federerhingis
09-15-2005, 01:33 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :haha: Oh lord, thank goodness its already mid week. :haha: Jesus christ :haha: Its pretty gross dude!

Federerhingis
09-15-2005, 01:39 AM
:drool: i can smell it. Bleach smell in the air :yeah:

:haha: I would only imagine how cleverly Garcia Lorca would employ some of his synaesthesias in souch a scene. :lol: :lol:

drf716
09-28-2005, 04:20 AM
i can't be happy for safin until i see him again on tv

scoobs
05-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Nothing like a good gumming, I always say. Old men do it better :yeah:

Kitty de Sade
05-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Nothing like a good gumming, I always say. Old men do it better :yeah:

:spit: :haha:

Oh dear god, the visuals. I will not be sleeping tonight....

mrsmarat
05-26-2007, 07:15 AM
ahaha where do people get this info about him below the belt?? i think its all propeganda put out by his management to keep up his bad boy persona...i'm not believing any of it until i see some hard evidence...(mind the pun)