What's up with Gasquet? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What's up with Gasquet?

Tennis Fool
07-12-2003, 05:31 AM
Haven't heard from him since he injured himself at the FO, What are his committments this summer?

sebgrosfan
07-12-2003, 09:44 AM
He played in the Scheveningen Challenger (Siemens Open) this week. He won two matches and lost to Calatrava yesterday. People on the yahoo gasquet list were saying that if he made the semis this week, than he'd be ranked high enough to be directly admitted in the US Open draw. So I don't know how that's going to work out now. Also, he and his coach split and his father is now coaching him for the remainder of the season.

lizabeth..*
07-12-2003, 10:15 AM
He decided to skip the grasscourt season and just play clay court challengers. I don't know what he will be doing before US Open but I know he will be playing quallies because he won the juniors last year he automatically gets to quallify. To bad he lost - would have been nice and less stressful to see him automatically in the main draw.

Lindsayfan
07-12-2003, 03:56 PM
i've read on tennis magazine that he's going to play 2 challengers in Finland.

Tennis Fool
07-13-2003, 01:11 AM
i've read on tennis magazine that he's going to play 2 challengers in Finland.

Do you know if this will help him get into the main draw of the US Open?

lizabeth..*
07-13-2003, 04:00 AM
Perhaps if he wins them both there is a chance - Im really not to sure though. He's ranked #122 at the moment. So hopefully with strong showings at both he may have a chance

esther
07-18-2003, 05:24 AM
richie won't be playing USO but has chosen to play challengers instead: in Benedetto (?) and in Geneva...then going to Holland for a ten day break

lizabeth..*
07-19-2003, 10:25 AM
Holland??

Me thoguht it was the Medderterainian??

Either way Im still pissed.

Wizzy
07-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Francis Gasquet (Richard's dad) doesn't want his son to play qualif for Us Open ...
So, Gasquet will play challengers on clay and he will work very hard, his father thinks he has to learn patience.

Then, Gasquet will play at international Serie LYON and the Masters of Paris Bercy to finish the year in the Top 100 !! It will be difficult, but it's possible !

Go Richard ! ;)

esther
07-20-2003, 05:06 AM
He's goign to play Lyon and Bercy?!!
this is so weird

lizabeth..*
07-20-2003, 11:13 AM
If he gets lucky

esther
07-20-2003, 11:28 AM
wont he get wild cards?

Wizzy
07-20-2003, 07:27 PM
wont he get wild cards?

Apparently, he's sure to play the Final draw at Lyon ! ;)

esther
07-21-2003, 06:00 AM
so weird tho...he's playing ATP for those two tournaments but hasnt played any since RG right...and wont until then...*shrugs*
maybe his schedule will be more ATP next year

lizabeth..*
07-21-2003, 09:10 AM
LOL - Esther

Its not weird. Notice which country the tourneys are in?! :p

Wizzy...You are new around here?!
Welcome!!!! :D

Are you a big Richie fan?!

esther
07-21-2003, 11:08 AM
yes yes i know but he still should be playing more ATP or at least be trying to QUALIFY for US and should have tried for wimby?!
well...maybe lyon will be richies break thru tournament like it was arnauddds....yayayayay

Wizzy
07-21-2003, 11:49 AM
LOL - Esther

Its not weird. Notice which country the tourneys are in?! :p

Wizzy...You are new around here?!
Welcome!!!! :D

Are you a big Richie fan?!

I'm new, but not a Richie fan ...

I prefer Clement ! :hearts: (and I'm a big Mary Pierce fan)

But, I know a lot of things about Richie (I'm French it's for that) and I want to see him win a lot of matches ...

I saw Richie against Lappenti at Roland Garros this year ... :lick:

esther
07-22-2003, 01:57 AM
Wizzy- LOL!! liz will be esctatic to hear that you prefer Arnaud! Ohhh funny.
You’re a Frenchie hey? Hope to hear a lot of inside information from you then…;)

Wizzy
07-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Wizzy- LOL!! liz will be esctatic to hear that you prefer Arnaud! Ohhh funny.
You’re a Frenchie hey? Hope to hear a lot of inside information from you then…;)

thanks Esther ! What is your nationality ? :)
and who are your favorite player(s) ?

Mine are : Safin, Roddick, Ginepri, Agassi and my favourite is Clement :hearts:

=> But I am more interested by the woman, 'cause I love Mary Pierce :hearts: ... I like so much Martina Hingis ! And I like Kournikova, Dokic, Dementieva, Golovin (the future French star who comes from Russia) and Seles !
But I hate :fiery: Mauresmo (she is so pretentious) and Capriati too !

Good bye ;)

esther
07-23-2003, 10:57 PM
lol hi Wizzy,
i'm from Melbourne, Australia...although my favourite players are Arnaud and Seb...then JC Ferrero and Guillermo Coria...and from there i like most of the other Frenchies too so like Escude, Richie, Paulo etc

i dont follow WTA...but my fav womens player is AManda Coetzer!

Chloe le Bopper
07-24-2003, 06:11 AM
yes yes i know but he still should be playing more ATP or at least be trying to QUALIFY for US and should have tried for wimby?!
well...maybe lyon will be richies break thru tournament like it was arnauddds....yayayayay
I disagree... Gasquet is doing exactly what he should be doing right now: developing his game in the challengers. He took way to many WCs with limited success, when he should have been doing this all along.

Wizzy
07-24-2003, 07:19 AM
lol hi Wizzy,
i'm from Melbourne, Australia...although my favourite players are Arnaud and Seb...then JC Ferrero and Guillermo Coria...and from there i like most of the other Frenchies too so like Escude, Richie, Paulo etc

i dont follow WTA...but my fav womens player is AManda Coetzer!

WOW, Australia, Melbourne ... :hearts:
It's one of my favourite city ...
I love Australia, maybe because the audience is very nice with Mary ...

And, you don't like "your players" ? Scud, Hewitt ... ?

esther
07-24-2003, 12:24 PM
I disagree... Gasquet is doing exactly what he should be doing right now: developing his game in the challengers. He took way to many WCs with limited success, when he should have been doing this all along.

hmmmm well i think yeah challengers are good for getting confidence but i think he should have at least tried to qualify for the grand slams...and play ATP once in a while instead of JUST challengers...

Wizzy- heheh yeah...home to the Australian Open too...:P Liz is from melbourne as well but we both hate hewitt...and i dont like any of the other aussies either no.