Oceania Championships [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Oceania Championships

bad gambler
08-17-2005, 03:32 AM
Can someone do me a favour and ask lebron in the iRC chatroom what the lineups are for tonight (aus) time in the Australia v NZ match - and can you post them here please

On paper - Australia to cover -6.5 looks like an absolute steal but I'm thinking Australia must be missing some players given such a small ATS

cheers

sparkus8
08-17-2005, 04:18 AM
Gday mate. It is virtually the same squad that played in the recent 4 nations tournament except they have replaced Peter Crawford with Brad Newley who is coming back fr0m the U/21 world championships.

Here is the full squad that will be playing in the upcoming series.

Glen Saville (Wollongong), CJ Bruton (Sydney), Jason Smith (Sydney), David Andersen (CSKA, Russia), Matthew Nielsen (Lietuvos Rytas, Lithuania), Wade Helliwell (Lottomatica Roma, Italy), Jacob Holmes (Adelaide), Mark Worthington (Sydney), Alex Loughton (Old Dominion University), Brad Newley (Townsville), Brad Davidson (Hunter), Pero Vasiljevic (Brest, France).

I am guessing the starting lineup will look something like this for tonight's game.

C - Helliwell/Andersen
F - Nielsen
F - Saville
G - Smith
G - Bruton

I cant find anyhting on the NZers side yet, but when I do I will chuck it on here ok.

I actually went to the Aussie v NZ game in Sydney last Friday night and we looked great when CJ was on the floor, but lacked direction when he was off. Davidson didn't play in that game, so having him back should help out and also with Newley coming into the team it should also help out alot when CJ needs a rest.

IMO opinion we should cover the -6.5, but the Kiwis will pumped up in front of a big home crowd so I might just take the ML and parlay it with some tennis later on tonight.

Cheers,

Sparks

bad gambler
08-17-2005, 04:24 AM
cheers spark :wavey:

IMO opinion we should cover the -6.5, but the Kiwis will pumped up in front of a big home crowd so I might just take the ML and parlay it with some tennis later on tonight.

hang on a sec, isn't this match being played in Australia? :confused: or i think i may have misread the above comment

sparkus8
08-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Ok that didn't take long to find. Here is the NZ squad for tonight's game.

Pero Cameron (captain), Dillon Boucher (vice captain), Ed Book, Craig Bradshaw, Mark Dickel, Mike Homik, Phill Jones, Aaron Olson, Kirk Penney, Tony Rampton, Lindsay Tait and Mika Vukona.

On Friday night Kirk Penney was the only player for NZ that looked like doing any damage against us going off for 25 points, but I have been reading that he has a sore back and his playing status in tonight's game will be decided later today. So with that new information it seems like Australia -6.5 could be the go tonight.

sparkus8
08-17-2005, 04:28 AM
cheers spark :wavey:

hang on a sec, isn't this match being played in Australia? :confused: or i think i may have misread the above comment

Mate all three matches are being played in NZ.

Another thing I have just read and didn't previously know is that both sides have already qualified for a spot at the World Championships, the series is only being played to decide who gets the no.1 seed for this region.

bad gambler
08-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Mate all three matches are being played in NZ.

Another thing I have just read and didn't previously know is that both sides have already qualified for a spot at the World Championships, the series is only being played to decide who gets the no.1 seed for this region.

oh shit, i thought it was played on a home and away basis - first one being played in Australia

hmmm, now i understand the -6.5 spread, might have to think again before i pull the trigger

Ays25
08-17-2005, 05:42 AM
nz has a good team and can win this game at home as the score doesnt matter
3 of their players play in turkey and they are a fighting team,

bad gambler
08-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Ok I've just taken the safer option and just parlayed the Aus win ML with Nalbandian