Moya: Nadal not fastest on tour [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Moya: Nadal not fastest on tour

oneandonlyhsn
08-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Moya in a discussion with Feli and Ferrer said that Nadal is not the fastest guy on the tour but his anticipation of the ball and athleticism make him tough to beat. Moya is Rafas mentor and probably knows him better than most anyway do you agree or disagree

DanEd
08-15-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree with Carlos. Nadal is pretty fast but not the fastest. coria is faster.
i think schuettler too

oneandonlyhsn
08-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I agree with Carlos. Nadal is pretty fast not the fastest. coria is faster.
i think schuettler too

Actually funny thats what he said Coria is fastest guy he has played :lol:

Castafiore
08-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Just saying that its about sheer speed is not telling the entire story so I agree with the anticipation skills explanation.

This is what Agassi had to say about Nadal's quickness yesterday:
Q. Can you compare him to other players in terms of his quickness?

ANDRE AGASSI: You know, there's so many different ways to assess speed. You got guys that are tremendously fast, but they only use their speed defensively, then you really don't care about how fast they are because they're only going to have to run more. You got other guys that can use their speed offensively, but if you get them on the defense they can't hurt you on the stretch, so you can take a point over early and they can be fast but never turn a point around.
Nadal has the ability to run as fast as the best of 'em, but on the stretch actually hurt you. You know, he can transition those points into offense. That makes you sort of walk on egg shells. He draws out errors that I think normally you wouldn't make against any other player, which is a credit to the way he plays the game.

Action Jackson
08-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Nadal is very quick and has great anticipation, but would he be any quicker than Hewitt, Coria or Rochus brothers when it comes to footspeed, that I don't know. Federer is a guy underrated in the footspeed department.

DanEd
08-15-2005, 07:21 PM
agassi said the same thing
Actually funny thats what he said Coria is fastest guy he has played :lol:

1sun
08-15-2005, 07:59 PM
moya said he wouldnt put nadal in the top10 of fastest guys on the tour

jenanun
08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
by looking at his body... so heavily built, he couldn't be the fastest, coz it just doesnt seem to be possible.... he is fast, but definately not the fastest...

(well, peter fleming said, borg is the fastest guy..... nadal is NOWHERE near him.....)

his anticipation is unbelievable... he run down to the ball most other guys not bother to.... and can turn the what seems impossible into possible!

that's why i like him....

oneandonlyhsn
08-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Federer is a guy underrated in the footspeed department.

Ditto :D

Fumus
08-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Nadal is also not the best looking guy on tour either. His sense of style and color just make him seem that way.

oneandonlyhsn
08-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Nadal is also not the best looking guy on tour either. His sense of style and color just make him seem that way.

Duh, Stepanek takes that cake ;)

Fumus
08-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Duh, Stepanek takes that cake ;)

Yes, and Nadal is not the fittest on tour either. That goes to Labadze or Dent.

Pea
08-15-2005, 08:18 PM
by looking at his body... so heavily built, he couldn't be the fastest, coz it just doesnt seem to be possible.... he is fast, but definately not the fastest...

(well, peter fleming said, borg is the fastest guy..... nadal is NOWHERE near him.....)

his anticipation is unbelievable... he run down to the ball most other guys not bother to.... and can turn the what seems impossible into possible!

that's why i like him....

Well, the fastest guys in the world are very muscular as well. So, it's definitely possible.
But on top of that, he just doesn't seem light on his feet as say Hewitt or Coria. His great mobility and anticipation makes it seem like he's one of the fastest.

raeesa301
08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Federer is a guy underrated in the footspeed department.

Too true! If people watch him carefully they would see that his anticipation is so good that he can move straight after he's played a shot and can run down balls quite easily :) .

Blaze
08-15-2005, 08:25 PM
I'll give $100 to anyone who can predict where this thread is heading

Fumus
08-15-2005, 08:30 PM

A low post count.

I accept paypal.

madmanfool
08-15-2005, 08:31 PM
The faster players are mostly a little smaller

and btw in tennis it's very important to be fast in first 2 or 3 steps

you're not running the 100 meters, you're running the 5 meters over and over again

Nadal can switch sides very fast though

lucashg
08-15-2005, 08:32 PM

Who's better? Federer or Nadal?
Because clearly Nadal is better than Coria and Hewitt and Federer is God.

Give me my vCash! :D

lucashg
08-15-2005, 08:34 PM
A low post count.

I accept paypal.

Oh, you!

I guess *I'm* not the fastest, then. :sad:

Blaze
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Who's better? Federer or Nadal?
Because clearly Nadal is better than Coria and Hewitt and Federer is God.

Give me my vCash! :D

I have 500 in vcash, i will do the transfer :)

sweetiepiedoll
08-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Who gives a fuck whether Roger is faster than Rafael or vice-versa, they are competing in tennis not in track and field at the Olympics.

nkhera1
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
The faster players are mostly a little smaller

and btw in tennis it's very important to be fast in first 2 or 3 steps

you're not running the 100 meters, you're running the 5 meters over and over again

Nadal can switch sides very fast though

Agreed its better to be quick in tennis than fast.

Saumon
08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Who gives a fuck whether Roger is faster than Rafael or vice-versa, they are competing in tennis not in track and field at the Olympics.
:yeah:

vincayou
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Nadal has an amazing sense of anticipation, especially when his opponents are trying to move him from one side to the other. I even sometimes don't get why they don't try more often to play him adversely. I should call Agassi to give him some advice. :)

DanEd
08-15-2005, 09:28 PM
besides since nadal has avery strong arms he can get back many balls which he barely reaches

madmanfool
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
when it comes to anticipation both Nadal and Federer are briljant

name_change
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
roger vs rafa.

hand over the moolah.

gogo_guga
08-15-2005, 09:32 PM
quick question: how does oneandonlyhsn (the starter of this thread) even know about moya having this discussion with ferrer and lopez????

Blaze
08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
roger vs rafa.

hand over the moolah.

sorry, you are late :)

Black Adam
08-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I would have put him among the 10 fastets guys.....BTW who are these ten guys?
I would put AA, Coria, Hewitt, Davydenko e.t.c.;)

alelysafina
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
quick question: how does oneandonlyhsn (the starter of this thread) even know about moya having this discussion with ferrer and lopez????
exactly! Who is oneandonlyhsn connected to, and do I need to change BFF's?

Nimomunz
08-15-2005, 10:41 PM
i know!!!

Nimomunz
08-15-2005, 10:41 PM
exactly! Who is oneandonlyhsn connected to, and do I need to change BFF's?
too late she's already my BFF................. get your own!!!!!

Saumon
08-15-2005, 10:42 PM
what's a BFF?

Chloe le Bopper
08-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Best friend forever. You know, like us!

Seleshfan
08-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Best friend forever. You know, like us!

But I thought we were best friends forever? I guess BFF really stands for backstabbing female friend! :awww:

1sun
08-15-2005, 11:11 PM
we both herd it while watching the tennis. we were both watching it on the same stream and the commentators were talking about it so she aint bullshitting.i herd the exact same thing.

Chloe le Bopper
08-15-2005, 11:12 PM
But I thought we were best friends forever? I guess BFF really stands for backstabbing female friend! :awww:
I have many BFF. You are clearly one of them.

Seleshfan
08-15-2005, 11:28 PM
I have many BFF. You are clearly one of them.

:) Okay, then sorry about calling you a backstabber BFF!

Chloe le Bopper
08-15-2005, 11:30 PM
No problem, BFF! We're still BFF! That's the great thing about BFF! It's F!

Seleshfan
08-15-2005, 11:34 PM
No problem, BFF! We're still BFF! That's the great thing about BFF! It's F!

OK BFF TTYL BFN

bad gambler
08-15-2005, 11:39 PM
ollie rochus

hewitt has lost a bit of his speed over the years

nkhera1
08-15-2005, 11:42 PM
ollie rochus

hewitt has lost a bit of his speed over the years

You would probably put Labadze on that list as well. I've never seen a man in as good physical shape as him. :worship:

jacobhiggins
08-15-2005, 11:56 PM
He's quick, but I think Federer, Hewitt, and Coria are a little quicker!

NYCtennisfan
08-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Agassi's assessment is right on. There's something to be said for someone who can run down balls and put them back to at least a neutral position on their opponent's side of the court or even go on offense.

Effka
08-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Gael Monfils :worship:
The human cheetah without a doubt.

gogo_guga
08-16-2005, 12:36 AM
we both herd it while watching the tennis. we were both watching it on the same stream and the commentators were talking about it so she aint bullshitting.i herd the exact same thing.

What commentators?? Cliff Drysdale and Patrick McEnroe?? Seriously, they don't even know what "hola" means, do you really think that they would understand an entire conversation in Spanish???

World Beater
08-16-2005, 02:06 AM
What commentators?? Cliff Drysdale and Patrick McEnroe?? Seriously, they don't even know what "hola" means, do you really think that they would understand an entire conversation in Spanish???

Jimmy arias

mp3junkie
08-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Moya in a discussion with Feli and Ferrer said that Nadal is not the fastest guy on the tour but his anticipation of the ball and athleticism make him tough to beat. Moya is Rafas mentor and probably knows him better than most anyway do you agree or disagree

I agree with Moya. Nadal has excellent anticipatory skills. I have heard commentators mention this alot. That is what really makes Nadal so tough to deal with.

oneandonlyhsn
08-16-2005, 05:00 AM

It was on star sports today :D

oneandonlyhsn
08-16-2005, 05:01 AM
too late she's already my BFF................. get your own!!!!!

Thank you, so when do we get to do the nasty http://tinypic.com/alrs4p.gif :devil:

gogo_guga
08-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Jimmy Arias on star sports???
As far as I know, Jimmy Arias does NOT speak Spanish. And everytime I've seen him commentate for the TTC, he has seemed to make up a million things about the players. Jimmy Arias simply isn't friends with the Spanish players, how would he approach them in the Players Lounge of a tourney and start listening to their conversation?
What is star sports?