08-15-2005, 05:36 PM
http://*****.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8966

:p

Carlita
08-15-2005, 05:38 PM
some nice Carlos NEWS :p but, the link isn't working :sad:

Saumon
08-15-2005, 05:40 PM
try the link on http://www.atptennis.com/en/ ;)

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 05:58 PM
There's a problem when we cut and past the url

Thank you Saumon :)

It's tonight, 4.30 pm Cincy Time and what time in Europe ???

Saumon
08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
23h30 I think but I'm not 100% sure :o

maqk
08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
tell me what time in France or UK & i will get mine easily

Saumon
08-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I was talking about Paris time :)

maqk
08-15-2005, 06:30 PM
replace the 5 Asteriks [ ***** ] of the url to p_roxy ( no underscore )

http://*****.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8966 (http://*****.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8966) - & u will get it

i can't write the link here as it automatically replaces the word p_roxy (remove _ from it) with asteriks [ may b p_roxy is a key word or a System Variable ]

maqk
08-15-2005, 06:42 PM
I was talking about Paris time :)ok

Carlita
08-15-2005, 06:49 PM
do we have to register ??? Looks like it...

maqk
08-15-2005, 07:00 PM
do we have to register ??? Looks like it...i don't know - i posted & it reloaded the same page - no proper feedback like ' ur msg will b delivered 2 Moya' or something like that....

tnsfn
08-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Just go to espn.com and click on tennis- it should pop up- Paris is 4 hours ahead of 4:30- making it 10:30 PM Paris time. I'm excited- I posted a question and a personal- making him aware of the package we have coming to him- hope he gets it to know to look for it!!

Carlita
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Just go to espn.com and click on tennis- it should pop up- Paris is 4 hours ahead of 4:30- making it 10:30 PM Paris time. I'm excited- I posted a question and a personal- making him aware of the package we have coming to him- hope he gets it to know to look for it!!

Chat with Carlos Moya

http://espn.go.com/media/ten/2005/0223/photo/g_moya_mug.jpgMoya.Welcome to The Show! On Monday, Carlos Moya will stop by to chat about his tennis career, the Western and Southern Financial Group Master's and more!

Moya was to face Andre Agassi in the opening round in Cincinnati but Agassi pulled out just hours after he lost the final match at the ATP Masters Series event in Montreal on Sunday. Moya will now face lucky loser Xavier Malisse.

The summer season marks an exciting time in tennis as the popularity of the sport continues to rise. Before the start of Wimbledon, more than 3,000,000 fans had attended an ATP event, up more than 65,000 from last year. Send your questions now and join Carlos at 4:30 p.m. ET!

you get this....but where do you join the chat? On this page you can only fill in a question right? I have no idea where to go for the chat! :lol: or will this one turn INTO a chat??

Carlita
08-15-2005, 07:30 PM
also on the top of the page it says: member services / register... and when you want to register you have to pay....

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 07:35 PM
So we have to pay to attend to the chat ??? It's the first time I see that.

Tnsfn : I think the package arrived now in the US but Lesley is in Cincy right now, so she'll tell me if she received it when she'll be back. But, next week, I'm not at home and come back just before the US OPEN, so hope everything will be ok :)

Eruwen
08-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Paris is 4 hours ahead of 4:30- making it 10:30 PM Paris time. Paris is at least 6 hours ahead of Cincy ;)

Carlita
08-15-2005, 07:51 PM
So we have to pay to attend to the chat ??? It's the first time I see that.

I'm not sure Val, but it looks that way.....would be a shame...if you see another way to get in I'd like to hear it :D

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm "watching" a match at the moment in Cincy, and it's 15.45 (3.45pm), so in Paris, we are 6 hours ahead, you are right Eruwen :yeah:

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure Val, but it looks that way.....would be a shame...if you see another way to get in I'd like to hear it :D

Yes, it would be a shame !! I have never participated to an espn chat, so I don't know how it works. Maybe, after the chat, we'll have all the chat transcript. Well, we're going to search, we still have time :)

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:04 PM

I've just registered but it's free.When there will be the chat, you'll have to click on "the show" and you'll have the chat box.

Now, I hope we'll be able to connect at the same time, hope there won't be a lot of people.

Good luck !!!

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Oh okay! :yeah: you just register at the top of the page??

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Oh okay! :yeah: you just register at the top of the page??

YES !! It's easy, just enter, name, etc... they ask you your fave sport etc.. to send you newsletters, and then, it's ok, you are registered.

Hope it's ok now

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:26 PM
:D done! Now let's hope it works!

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:28 PM
:D done! Now let's hope it works!

I'm just in front of the chat box, there's another chat at the moment, it seems to work, cross our fingers !!!!

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm just in front of the chat box, there's another chat at the moment, it seems to work, cross our fingers !!!!oh gosh i'm so stupid...cant find the chat box :crying2: *having a bad week*

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:32 PM
oh gosh i'm so stupid...cant find the chat box :crying2: *having a bad week*

Just click on "the show" or try to click here, if the link works :

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index?mode=show

maqk
08-15-2005, 08:33 PM
nothing is working here

damn it :banghead:

Saumon
Buzzmaster: (4:09 PM ET ) Hey folks. Carlos Moya will be here at 4:30 ET. Send in your questions now, we'll get rolling shortly!
im confused now :confused:

Carlita
Just click on "the show" or try to click here, if the link works :

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index?mode=showthanks:D but it's not working.....:sad: I guess too busy... will keep trying

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:38 PM
thanks:D but it's not working.....:sad: I guess too busy... will keep trying

Carlita : If you are now registered, it should work. Keep trying !! Here it works and I'm not so far from you :)

Maqk : when you are at the Espn page, go to the top of the page, you have "register", once, you have registered, go to the show, normally, it should work, except if there are too much people on line. Keep trying !!

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:39 PM
well I see the chat on the page where they say he's coming in for a chat so I guess that s the one? :lol:

Saumon
08-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Jane (Georgia): Lord Carlos, how is your shoulder holding up?

LMAO :haha:
who's jane?? :lol:

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:42 PM
no idea :lol: but that was FUNNY!

Saumon
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Andy (Texas): Lord Carlos, Nadal is sort of your protege, what was it like to have to play him last week in a big event?

:spit: the duck calls him lord carlos too :lol:

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
The chat started ??? I can't see it LOL

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Now, I see it :)

Mobile, Alabama: I attend the US Open every year. I have my favorite players that I enjoy watching their matches. Carlos is one of them. I always look forward to seeing him play. Carlos is a great player and a great individual. I wish him the best of luck and look forward to seeing him at many more Opens.

Carlos Moya: (4:36 PM ET ) Hello everybody!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jane (Georgia): Lord Carlos, how is your shoulder holding up?

Carlos Moya: (4:37 PM ET ) It is much better now. The last couple of months I was struggling a little bit, but now it's much better. It's holding up pretty well, through tough matches, and I am very happy with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anna (Phx, Arizona): What is your favorite tournament and why?

Carlos Moya: (4:38 PM ET ) Well, I have a couple, the Australian Open is my favorite from the Grand Slams ... from the others, I like Unae and Buenos Aires.

Lou Ridgefield NJ: Hi Carlos. I?ve been a fan of your forehand for many years. I?ve always looked forward to you play. Here?s my question. Now that Agassi has pulled out of Cinny, how do you prepare or change your game plan for Xavier Malisse? Who would you prefer to play?

Carlos Moya: (4:40 PM ET ) Well, it changes a little bit. Agassi was on top of his game, I really admire him because he is is able to contend so strongly at his age. I really respect his game. Obviously, he was going to be the favorite against me, now it changes a bit because I face Malisse -- he is a very talented player, although he lost in the qualifier round, he has proven that he is very dangerous and able to beat any player in the world.

Melissa(st. louis, missouri): Hey Carlos! I'm a big fan of tennis in general and I wasw ondering what you think about the US OPEN SERIES thing? Do you think it's a good promotion of the sport? THANKS!

Carlos Moya: (4:42 PM ET ) Yes, I think it's great. People and fans here have accepted it very well, for the players, nothing changes, but I guess, for the fans, they can better folllow the hardcourt season. What's better for fans is good for sport, so I am happy about that.

ralph (boston, ma): was it harder to play sampras or federer?

Carlos Moya: (4:43 PM ET ) I would say -- it's different. I guess Sampras is more intimidated. He has an unbelievable serve, it was not easy to play with. Federer is not AS intimidating as Sampras, but he has all the shots. I think it's great, not only for the fans, but also for us the players -- it is a pleasure to watch him play.

Orlando, FL: Hey Carlos, my favorite video game is virtua tennis. I am undefeated when playing as CARLOS MOYA. I know you you like video games. Have you ever played VIRTUA TENNIS?

Carlos Moya: (4:44 PM ET ) Yeah, of course! I wish I was as good playing real tennis as I was playing Virtual Tennis! I enjoy video games, I think Virtua Tennis is a great game!

Andy (Texas): Lord Carlos, Nadal is sort of your protege, what was it like to have to play him last week in a big event?

Carlos Moya: (4:46 PM ET ) It was not easy, but we are used to it. I mean, all these years I've played against many good friends, I guess that once you get to the court you forget about friendship and you just try to beat your opponent and play as best as you can. The moments leading up to it are the most difficult, but once you get into things on the court you forget, and I guess the pressure for results in that situation is even more difficult.

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:48 PM
The chat started ??? I can't see it LOL

http://*****.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8966
it's running on the page where you see this:

Chat with Carlos Moya

http://espn.go.com/media/ten/2005/0223/photo/g_moya_mug.jpgMoya.Welcome to The Show! On Monday, Carlos Moya will stop by to chat about his tennis career, the Western and Southern Financial Group Master's and more!

Moya was to face Andre Agassi in the opening round in Cincinnati but Agassi pulled out just hours after he lost the final match at the ATP Masters Series event in Montreal on Sunday. Moya will now face lucky loser Xavier Malisse.

The summer season marks an exciting time in tennis as the popularity of the sport continues to rise. Before the start of Wimbledon, more than 3,000,000 fans had attended an ATP event, up more than 65,000 from last year. Send your questions now and join Carlos at 4:30 p.m. ET!

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
that's the one :lol: :yeah:

I'm putting it all in a word doc! :haha: copy paste, copy paste :lol:

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
:haha: they keep calling him Lord Carlos! :lol: and he just doesn't comment on it! :haha:

Carlita
08-15-2005, 08:58 PM
dave, oh: What's your favorite song of all time?

Carlos Moya: (4:57 PM ET ) One -- by U2.

I love this man!:worship: :worship: :worship:

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Fumus, Schenectady NY: Lord Carlos, What is the tattoo you have on your arm for?

Carlos Moya: (4:48 PM ET ) I always wanted to have a tattoo, so back in 99, when I was injured, I found the time to do it. There were bad moments and I was struggling with my injury and I didn't know if I was going to be able to come back to play at a high level. Now when I look at it, I remember that I've been through bad moments and it helps me to remember that not everything has been really good in my career.

Margy (Philadelphia, PA): Hola Carlos! I was lucky to be able to see you play Rafa in Montreal. It seemed as though the fans were really behind you there, especially during that fabulous tiebreak that you won without giving up a point. Do the crowd reactions affect you much in your game or do you tune them out?

Carlos Moya: (4:50 PM ET ) Well, it always helps to see that the crowd is involved and no matter if they support you or the opponent, it's good to know that they care about the match. I guess that they were supporting me because they wanted to watch a full set. When I was leaving the court when I lost, they were giving me an ovation and that felt really great. THough I didn't play especially well in Montreal, that fan support felt great.

Shashank (Helsinki, Finland): Lord Carlos, what do you think of the fact that more and more tournaments are played on slow surfaces like clay courts, and as a result, there are less and less serve and volleyers?

Carlos Moya: (4:52 PM ET ) I don't think that we are playing more tournaments on clay. Not at all. Indoor courts change the surface -- they slow down a little bit -- and I think it's good for tennis. Also, it's good to have all kinds of came, serve and volley, baseline, everything. It is a pitty that every year, as you say, there does seem to be less and less serve and volleys.

Sheryl, NY: I have been such a fan of your tennis for so many years. How much longer to you wish to continue playing. Andre Agassi, it seems, has extended the playing age for the average tennis player. Do you see yourself following in Agassi's footsteps and gracing us with a couple more years of exciting tennis?

Carlos Moya: (4:54 PM ET ) I would love to! But, I think Agassi is an exception. At his age, being able to win big tournaments it very abnormal. As long as my body holds up and allows me to continue to keep playing, I will be out there trying to win tournaments ... and I hope it lasts a long time!

Carlos, La Plata, Argentina: Carlos, you are one of the most popular players in the last 10 years, and the for me the best dressed, do you choose your clothes or your sponsors just give them to you?

Carlos Moya: (4:55 PM ET ) Well, I just try to dress casual and comfortable -- jeans and t-shirts, that's it! I don't think there's anything too special about the way I dress. (laughs)

Jo-Ann- Grand Rapids, MI: I have been a fan of yours for many years. I read that it is hard to do so much traveling. Does it tire you out? Do you like all the travel?

Carlos Moya: (4:56 PM ET ) Well, I don't like to travel EVERY week, but I love my job and .... I have to travel. There's no other option, this is my 11th year on tour, I still want to be traveling for a couple more years, at least. I'd say the worst part of travel is the waiting at the airport and all the planes and lines and things -- wasting so much time.

dave, oh: What's your favorite song of all time?

Carlos Moya: (4:57 PM ET ) One -- by U2.

Carlita
08-15-2005, 09:02 PM
:D well that was just lovely!!! :)

maqk
08-15-2005, 09:03 PM
how can v chat

i posted several msgs - they don't appear

can some1 solve this MysTerY

freesbee
08-15-2005, 09:06 PM

:spit: the duck calls him lord carlos too :lol:

:haha: that is so funny!! he must think :eek: wtf! :rolls:

Margy
08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Mine got in :)

maqk
08-15-2005, 09:09 PM
now a new Insider STORY!?!?!

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
At the moment, I can't follow the chat anymore. As Carlita said earlier, now, we have to pay.

If you still can read, please copy and paste the chat transcript, thanx

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
now a new Insider STORY!?!?!

Welcome to the club

maqk
08-15-2005, 09:11 PM
how MArgy?????

Margy
08-15-2005, 09:12 PM
How did my post get in ? or how was my trip? :)

maqk
08-15-2005, 09:13 PM
waaah waaah waaah

Carlita
08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
how can v chat

i posted several msgs - they don't appear

can some1 solve this MysTerY

I think too many questions to be answered in only 30 minutes...:shrug:

Margy
08-15-2005, 09:15 PM
HaHa! I was really surprised that my question got answered almost as soon as I sent it. I sent another reply after Carlos answered but they didn't put that one in. And I asked if he ever considered playing doubles but he didn't answer that either.

Carlita
08-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Mario: Vancouver, British Columbia: It seems like it is extremely difficult to win consecutive Davis Cup titles, largely because many players skip the next year of Davis Cup competition. What changes in scheduling would you like to be changed so that Davis Cup champions such as yourself can try to win as many Davis Cups back to back as possible?

Carlos Moya: (5:00 PM ET ) Well, the thing about Davis Cup is that it's not only these days that you are playing, there is so much pressure the week before and the week after and it's so stressing. You are always supposed to win. Also, you have to change surfaces and sometimes continents. I wanted to take a break after a great victory last year, so, that's the reason that I desided to take this year off.

Carlos Moya: (5:01 PM ET ) Thanks to everybody who logged on and sent in questions and support. I'll see you next time!

The ShowGirl: (5:01 PM ET ) Thanks Carlos! That's it for today, folks!

The ShowGirl: (5:01 PM ET ) Thanks for joining us!

this was the last bit so only one more question after the u2 answer

Saumon
08-15-2005, 09:35 PM
:haha: that is so funny!! he must think :eek: wtf! :rolls:
indeed! :haha:
"hey rafa, my fans call me lord carlos, how do your fans call you??" :scratch: :aplot:
:lol:

freesbee
08-15-2005, 09:41 PM
indeed! :haha:
"hey rafa, my fans call me lord carlos, how do your fans call you??" :scratch: :aplot:
:lol:

:haha: :sobbing: :lol: :rolls:

tnsfn
08-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Sorry everyone- I must have mis-typed 4 instead of 6- I really do know better- :rolleyes: I didn't have to pay to participate- but the screen did not update the chat unless I continued to post questions. As soon as I posted- the screen updated. They finally posted one of mine about it being hard to travel so much. They edited it and changed the way I worded it. I also asked about Davis Cup several times- thay finally printed a question about it. It was good to hear his perspective on it.

Thanks Charly for the opportunity to chat with you! :bigwave:

Good Luck in Cincy!! :bounce: :clap2: :yippee:

Carlita
08-16-2005, 05:56 AM
I was using the refresh butonn at 7 miles per hour :lol: that worked too :)

claudine140
08-16-2005, 06:56 AM
i thought you could give some questions in advance!!!! but no !!!! stupid me!!!
why did no one asked him for an official fanpage????

maqk
08-16-2005, 09:45 AM
ur diffI was using the refresh butonn at 7 miles per hour :lol: that worked too :):haha: :haha:hahahaha :haha: :haha:

by the way
what made u say

7 mph

i mean

did u really measured it??? :rolls::rolls::rolls:

Carlita
08-16-2005, 10:03 AM
ur diff:haha: :haha:hahahaha :haha: :haha:

by the way
what made u say

7 mph

i mean

did u really measured it??? :rolls::rolls::rolls:of course I did! ;) :lol:

tnsfn
08-16-2005, 11:32 AM
:unsure: I asked a number of questions including one about a website. I wonder if Carlos was able to look at all the questions or not- they may have been filtered for him by "The Show" people at ESPN. They were obvously edited by someone. I don't think he had time to look at all of them. He may not have seen the personal post about our package coming to him. No way to know for sure.

GOOOO CARLOOOS!!! :bounce: :clap2: :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ales_Alessandra
08-16-2005, 02:01 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS for the wonderful report!!! I'm glad that I didn't know about this chat! I explain, it started at the same time as my classes!!! There was no way for me to follow the chat! So I'm glad that I didn't suffer about it!! eheheheh..If I knew about it I would be upset for not being able to see it! Much better just know now and read your words!! I loved what I read, specially when he said that one of his favourites tournaments is BAs, the one that I'll attend next year!!!! It means he will be there for sure, unless is physical conditions don't allow him to do it!! But this will not happen! Listen to me my Angels!!!!
Well Carlos is getting our cards soon, I'm so exciting about it!! Hope he has a nice time reading all of them!!!
See you soon guys!!!
Keep us, poor night students, informed about the latest news in Cincy!! Please!!!!

Tchau!! Have a nice day all!!!