What's next for Andre? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What's next for Andre?

BAMJ6
08-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Well he went far in the Rogers Cup, ending up 1 set short to Nadal which there's no shame in. Will he go to Cincy, or withdraw to rest and give himself a chance in Flushing. There's also a choice for the cynics who are calling for the old man to go away, Rafa torched him.

Becool
08-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I hope he rests..
Playin Cincinatti would be suicide, specially being at his age
Forcing his body too much.. :rolleyes:
He better rests this week, and return only in UsOpen.. we all know he's in-form..
He showed us he can beat Mowgli

DanEd
08-14-2005, 10:39 PM
rest for the usopen so he can be 100% ready :)

Mistaflava
08-14-2005, 10:49 PM
he is not in the Cincy draw...how would he play there?

jtipson
08-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Of course he's in the Cincy draw - he's in Safin's quarter. He wouldn't have been able to pull out until this Montreal final was over.
I'd be surprised if he plays though, and if he does, it won't be for very long.

MariaV
08-14-2005, 10:59 PM
I'd be surprised if he plays Cincy, too.

Mistaflava
08-14-2005, 11:10 PM
my bad, I didn't notice him in there

bad gambler
08-14-2005, 11:11 PM
he is still in the top 5 hardcourters going around, hope he has a good showing at the Open in a couple of weeks

Mistaflava
08-14-2005, 11:28 PM
both Andre and Rafa are either going out Round 1 in Cincy or not playing in Cincy at all

World Beater
08-14-2005, 11:47 PM
I hope andre does play cincy. I think he needs the matchplay, as the extra few days of rest probably wont help him that much unless he is hurting real bad. Worst case(which is not really bad because it would mean a good cincy tournament), andre will get at least a week before the uso, which is decent.

I was never a fan of long layoffs. Andre should look after his body, but if he can play it will only help his confidence by playing quality opposition in cincy. If he loses early, he can get some rest.

joycomesmorning
08-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Retire like the old man Rafa showed Andre is

What a totally rude person you are to even include something like that in a post!

Possibly 16 years from now when Nadal is 35 years old, perhaps he will again get to play Agassi...JADEN Agassi will be 19 years old in 16 more years...let's see how he does after 16 more years on the tour...and then have to face a 19-year-old who happens to be the clear # 2 player in the world....

Everyone ages(or dies young) you idiot...no one, not you or me or Nadal will stay young....

And when someone has played tennis for over 19 years...and been in the top 10 for 16 of those years, carrying men's tennis all the while, they deserve a little more respect then your thoughtlessness.

There are a number of short-sighted dim-witters who actually believe that once Agasssi retires and "moves out of the way" the crowds will immediately transfer the adoration and respect they have for Andre Agassi to the next-best-hottest thing!!!

That's not the way it works!! It took years and a whole lot of hard work and challenges for Agassi to become the man that a lot of us respect as a one of a kind human being who we have been privleged to watch grow up...and by the way, play tennis!!

We aren't looking for the someone else's career to follow...

When Agassi hangs up his new Adidas', a lot of us will be very greatful for football and basketball ....

jcm

oneandonlyhsn
08-15-2005, 02:17 AM
Retire like the old man Rafa showed Andre is

Who made this absolutely stupid comment, most players hope that he keeps going

PinkFeatherBoa
08-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Retire, obviously. :roll: Nah, I think USO.

rofe
08-15-2005, 02:21 AM
The thread starter seems to be disgruntled with Andre's performance hence the third option. I think, Andre still has some game left in him - atleast for HCs. He didn't reach two HC finals just because he was lucky.

1sun
08-15-2005, 02:29 AM
rest

*M*
08-15-2005, 02:40 AM
I hope andre does play cincy. I think he needs the matchplay, as the extra few days of rest probably wont help him that much unless he is hurting real bad. Worst case(which is not really bad because it would mean a good cincy tournament), andre will get at least a week before the uso, which is decent.

I was never a fan of long layoffs. Andre should look after his body, but if he can play it will only help his confidence by playing quality opposition in cincy. If he loses early, he can get some rest.He withdrew tonight: http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=13607&bannerregion=

Daniel
08-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Rest

Experimentee
08-15-2005, 02:47 AM
If you admit theres no shame in losing in 3 sets to Rafa why'd u include the 3rd option? :rolleyes:

BAMJ6
08-15-2005, 03:08 AM
If you admit theres no shame in losing in 3 sets to Rafa why'd u include the 3rd option? :rolleyes:

Just covering the bases for Andre cynics. It's good that Andre withdrew. 2 weeks rest for the US Open will be great. 2nd week is still a safe bet for Andre in Flushing.

There are 2 cynics. I don't vote in any polls i start.

World Beater
08-15-2005, 03:41 AM
who is chuck moya playing now?

oneandonlyhsn
08-15-2005, 04:01 AM
He withdrew tonight: http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=13607&bannerregion=

Andre http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0083.gif I sort of expected him to do so but still

Skyward
08-15-2005, 04:07 AM
2nd week is still a safe bet for Andre in Flushing.

The problem is that he's not playing just to make the 2 nd week. It's hard to see him winning a GS again.

World Beater
08-15-2005, 04:09 AM
The problem is that he's not playing just to make the 2 nd week. It's hard to see him winning a GS again.

Esp, when he decides to take rest instead of playing the big boyz in cincy. He really hasn't played any elite player other than nadal

BAMJ6
08-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Esp, when he decides to take rest instead of playing the big boyz in cincy. He really hasn't played any elite player other than nadal

If Andre was 10 or even 5 years younger, then you'd probably have a point. He's 35 and coming off a bad injury at Paris and was successful in 2 tourneys he's played making both finals and winning 1. Rest has a good chance of reducing a repeat of Paris in Flushing.

RogiFan88
08-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Defend Cincy, win USO, win TMC... run up and down some mountains, win AO, keep going another 35 years, eventually facing Jaden in tournaments and beating him too...

rofe
08-15-2005, 04:23 AM
He withdrew tonight: http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=13607&bannerregion=

That was expected. He would have chanced it if his nerve was not a problem but with the possibility of the nerve acting up anytime, it is a wise decision.