Nadal has best 2005 TMS record, 23-1 so far... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal has best 2005 TMS record, 23-1 so far...

LaTenista
08-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Did not play Indian Wells
Finalist Miami
Winner Monte Carlo
Winner Roma
Did not play Hamburg
Winner Montreal

Does the amazing feat of appearing in the finals of every Masters Series contested so far this year give him a shot of beating Agassi's record for MS shields (currently 17) in the future?

Also, since commentators regularly state it is harder it is to win a MS than a GS since MS are usually 6 matches over a week vs 7 over two weeks (yes, I realize in the slams they play more sets) does this suggest Nadal will be winning more slams soon?

How apt that Nike's new ad in Spain is "Tennis has changed; get used to it" featuring Nadal.

World Beater
08-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Agassi will not be the obstacle to overcome in the near future. I expect fed to overcome agassi in the #. Fed already has 7 and i expect him to surpass andre. Nadal has 2 and will be climbing fast.

nobama
08-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Watch this turn into a "who will win more tms, Rafa or Roger"....

How can one year really be indicitive of how one's career will end up? Like when some commentators say Roger's the greatest of all time...don't you have to wait until his career is over to say that? What if he gets hurt and has to quit playing? What if his game starts to go south and he's not winning anymore? I think they've all got a long way to go to surpass Agassi's 17 (hopefully 18) tms titles.

World Beater
08-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Watch this turn into a "who will win more tms, Rafa or Roger"....

I dont see what the problem with this discussion is, nadal has shown he has the capability to provide a rivalry with federer. It should be a great topic for tennis fans.

How can one year really be indicitive of how one's career will end up? Like when some commentators say Roger's the greatest of all time

They are talking about his game and not his achievements.One could make an argument for his game.

What if he gets hurt and has to quit playing? What if his game starts to go south and he's not winning anymore? I think they've all got a long way to go to surpass Agassi's 17 (hopefully 18) tms titles.

All these discussions assume that people are healthy obviously. The fact we don't know what the future brings is why these discussions are interesting. But we can make educated speculations.

Mistaflava
08-14-2005, 11:18 AM
beating Agassi will be very very tough but we are in for ONE HELL OF A MATCH!

Scotso
08-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Amazing stat. I didn't even notice that.

Hopefully next year he'll play all of them.

GermanBoy
08-14-2005, 02:20 PM
I can`t wait for 2006 when Nadal has to defend all these points - and bye bye! :devil:

jenanun
08-14-2005, 02:42 PM
you think he couldnt do it?

Neely
08-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I can`t wait for 2006 when Nadal has to defend all these points - and bye bye! :devil:
I also can't wait for 2006 when Nadal replaces Federer as the new #1 :) :devil:

uNIVERSE mAN
08-14-2005, 03:28 PM
you think he couldnt do it?

of course he can't!

Saumon
08-14-2005, 03:30 PM
of course he can't!
nobody cant be as perfect as Herr Federer :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric:

David Kenzie
08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Defending points isn't a handicap. He doesn't have to defend every single title he has won because he can do better in other tournaments, especially those he didn't play in. Also all the other top 5 players have a lot to defend at some point in the year.
If he got the points this year he is good enough to keep them if he plays the same way. Also chances are he will be a solid Number 2 in the world by december, not very far from Federer but far in front of the Number 3.

nobama
08-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I also can't wait for 2006 when Nadal replaces Federer as the new #1 :) :devil:Come back with your devilish smile when that actually happens. ;)

star
08-14-2005, 06:54 PM
The point is: Nadal has had an amazing start to his career. It's a start only, but it is still impressive.

Sure he could have a career ending injury. He could be hit by a car, etc. Even it that happens, it doesn't mean he hasn't had a great start to his career. It doesn't mean he's not a great player.

Although it is kind of fun to see the Rogi fans getting all wierded out by Nadal. :devil:

nobama
08-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm not wierded out by Nadal....maybe some of his fans here, but not him. ;)

LaTenista
08-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I updated the title of the thread as well as the first post.

Montreal is Nadal's first title off clay and it's a TMS to boot! He now owns 3 shields before the age of 19 years and 3 months. Wow! Can anyone stop him next week in Cincy?

lilfairyprincess
08-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I think if federer comes back playing in good form he can stop nadal..no1 reali knows how the other *three* will turn up playing yet...

star
08-15-2005, 01:59 AM
I think Federer definitely can handle Nadal on a fast hard court.

Even though I would love to be wrong. :)

Doctor Dance
08-15-2005, 02:47 AM
nadal will have a lot of points to defend next year :eek:

LaTenista
08-15-2005, 04:22 AM
nadal will have a lot of points to defend next year :eek:

Shouldn't be a problem since he didn't play Indian Wells and Hamburg this year but should play them in 2006. ;)

Mimi
08-15-2005, 08:20 AM
:bowdown: :woohoo: :haha: :yeah: :bigclap:

good one, i wanted to give you a good rep but is run out of it :(

i am not worrying coz nadal had already achieved so much in his young age :wavey:
I also can't wait for 2006 when Nadal replaces Federer as the new #1 :) :devil: