Uk peeps lets get some damn coverage [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Uk peeps lets get some damn coverage

Éowyn
08-13-2005, 10:47 PM
So i knw i am not the only person frsutrated with Sky refusing to show night matches, and only doing minor coverage of games not involving the brits! and with the USO coming up i certainly don't want a repeat of last years and now henman v roddick oops no soryr here's some teleshopping mess up.

so i decided to send them a very and i do mean VERY long complaint and i figure the more people who do it the more chance of them actually doing something about it, even if they just put it on interactive at night so we can see it i'm sure it can't interfere with their busy teleshopping schedule so much

if you want to help us out and complain please do so at!

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/feedback/enquiry/1,,,00.html

if youre not in the uk feel free to complain too and pretend you are, you know we'd do it for you!

Geniey2g
08-13-2005, 10:51 PM
I am extremely pissed that I have to watch Rafa's match via a livescoring portal on the Internet, yes.

My gosh, I wish they'd get their act together; it's not like it's that late here, so they could show the night matches!- I don't need Chris Baily and Peter in a studio to chat after the match- send them home to bed and just put on the live coverage!!

honey_b_fly_15
08-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Peter Flemming is irritating.

I mean both he and Chris Bailey take about an hour to explain how someone hits a forehand. They take ages just to finish a sentence and make stupid faces and pause all the time :fiery:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-13-2005, 11:00 PM
and they pronounce JONAS wrong...jeeez bailey i specifically told you at queens how to f*cking say his name you idiot :fiery:

Éowyn
08-13-2005, 11:04 PM
excatly! and i don't see why we can't have it on interactive if we can't get it on normal coverage! and you know we're not gonna get any coverage of rafa/paulo tomorrow coz they're gonna be replaying greg getting his butt kicked by andre (please god let him get his butt kicked) all day! so i'm gonna have to pay someone on here to send me a dvd coz it's 2 of my fave players against each other :sad:

so yes everyone get sending complaints then hopefully we won't have that have that problem during the USO

Aleksa's Laydee
08-13-2005, 11:07 PM
and you know we're not gonna get any coverage of rafa/paulo tomorrow coz they're gonna be replaying greg getting his butt kicked by andre (please god let him get his butt kicked) all day!

OI no need for that :rolleyes: :p

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-13-2005, 11:10 PM
luckily, you have coverage of all masters series, and interactive. We have nothing, only Hamburg.

Éowyn
08-13-2005, 11:14 PM
yeah but t's no use geting it when you only get day matches and don't even get the semis :mad:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-13-2005, 11:17 PM
be happy with that what you have. When Premiere showed the Masters Series they showed us 2 h's per day or even a match went over 3 sets and they finished coverage after 2.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-13-2005, 11:18 PM
It's all about money!

jenanun
08-13-2005, 11:21 PM
so its not just me sitting in front of the stupid computer looking at the scoreboard....

sky is soooooooo annoying....

and i dont like peter flemming as well..... his stupid facial expression
who is he btw?

Saumon
08-13-2005, 11:23 PM
phm is french and i dont even get coverage here :(

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 11:30 PM
so its not just me sitting in front of the stupid computer looking at the scoreboard....

sky is soooooooo annoying....

and i dont like peter flemming as well..... his stupid facial expression
who is he btw?

People whinge endlessly about the journeyman ex-pros who make up Sky's commentary team, but if you don't know who Peter Fleming is (one half of one of the greatest doubles teams in history), something must be wrong.

Ah, Bails. Charming fellow, but he has all the insight and erudition of a tsetse fly.

Geniey2g
08-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Ah, Bails. Charming fellow, but he has all the insight and erudition of a tsetse fly.
Exactly. Why he's the face of Sky tennis I will never know.

Scarlett
08-13-2005, 11:37 PM
I'll fire them off an e-mail complaining because it pisses me off too :(

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 11:37 PM
I have a bit of a soft spot for him, though; he's the gormless, parochial face of British tennis, and for some reason I love it. Don't you think he encapsules everything that is so marvellous about Sky TV?

Geniey2g
08-13-2005, 11:43 PM
I have a bit of a soft spot for him, though; he's the gormless, parochial face of British tennis, and for some reason I love it. Don't you think he encapsules everything that is so marvellous about Sky TV?
I wouldn't go that far, but I actually don't mind Peter Fleming; he's actually quite entertaining- although he does tend to go a little O.T.T when he's commentating matches.

Éowyn
08-13-2005, 11:47 PM
sjengster you seem to forget the age of alot of people here peter flemming is hardly the most famous player to walk the earth and he's still a shit person to be on there he just babbles about fed, and henman all the time its' annoying and i don't give a damn about the people they have on their when they talk shit i mute it but fact is they SHOULD be showing night games and when it coemsto USO ALL the big matches are at night so we're gonna see none, by senidng emails we're at least trying to make a difference!

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Full stops, please. I'm not exactly ancient myself and I know enough about tennis to know who he is; I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to be a famous, all-time great and worldbeater to make a good analyst or presenter. It's not essential, although I admit some of Flembo's wackiness goes a little too far.

Are they not showing the night matches at the US Open this year? They always have done in the past.

Éowyn
08-14-2005, 12:02 AM
well we dunno in previous years they have shown night matches of TMS too and as they're not doing it now we don't know! so at least by emailing we can TRY and make them show them! it can't fucking hurt can it? it's not like threy're gonna get emails and cancel all coverage!

as for fullstops fuck you i'll type how i want!

and i didn't say his ability changed how good an analyst like i said i don't give a damn anout who commentates i actually love the fact that when they do have interactive there is NO commentary it's so much better

jenanun
08-14-2005, 12:03 AM
but fact is they SHOULD be showing night games and when it coemsto USO ALL the big matches are at night so we're gonna see none, by senidng emails we're at least trying to make a difference!

WHAT??????? they are not going to show the night matches in USO??????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Éowyn
08-14-2005, 12:10 AM
duno thats the problem! we don't know! only way to be sure is to bug them and make them realise that people WANT to watch it!

and from what i know of tv channles they usually take each letter, complaint etc as a representation of so many people! so the more we do the more people we represent! only way to be sure right?

Sjengster
08-14-2005, 12:31 AM
well we dunno in previous years they have shown night matches of TMS too and as they're not doing it now we don't know! so at least by emailing we can TRY and make them show them! it can't fucking hurt can it? it's not like threy're gonna get emails and cancel all coverage!

as for fullstops fuck you i'll type how i want!

and i didn't say his ability changed how good an analyst like i said i don't give a damn anout who commentates i actually love the fact that when they do have interactive there is NO commentary it's so much better

They've rarely shown night matches from TMS events live since I started watching with IW 2002 - only a few rare cases, like the Hewitt-Roddick and Federer-Agassi matches at IW and Miami this year. They have, on the other hand, shown US Open night matches live for ages, and there's nothing to suggest that they're going to stop doing it this year.

I'm not sure whether you can call that grammar-free stream of consciousness typing.

Ferrero Forever
08-14-2005, 09:47 AM
ADMIN- We need an insulting tennis coverage forum...NOW

Ferrero Forever
08-14-2005, 09:49 AM
hahaha, what a good post to make as my 4000th post.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-14-2005, 10:10 AM
ADMIN- We need an insulting tennis coverage forum...NOW

:haha:

TheBoiledEgg
08-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Exactly. Why he's the face of Sky tennis I will never know.

cos the previous "face" Andrew Castle left :rolls:

Bailey was on commentary duty before, now we got to look at his ugly feaatures all the time.

if all it takes to be a commentator for UK tennis is to have ONE good match (in a losing cause) at Wimbledon........ we might all have a shot :devil:.

joeb_uk
08-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Yes this has really pissed me off, although considering the players who have been left in the draw (i havent been to dissapointed). But the problem is (i am sure they pay for the coverage beforehand? so they buy the rights to certain matches? (maybe i am totally wrong).
But if what i say is true, then its not a problem of money (its a problem of them not changing their schedule). And if this is the case, why not put the tennis on interactive! This is brainless stuff, thats what bbc does when it isnt on bbc1/2
The way the tournaments schedule usually means the best matches are the night matches, so we get a piddly little highlight show which is usually dominated by the horse chin for example.
The usopen seems to be great coverage (apart from the video quality, it was awful last year. Not many people seemed to notice, but i heard a few other people disgusted by the disgraceful quality (its 2004 and the quality was worse than 1970!!). But saying that, they do cover all the matches and i can remember staying up till 5am to watch the night session a few times. So i think we will be ok on that.

jenanun
08-14-2005, 04:57 PM
so now its raining in montreal...

if the play of the final agassi vs nadal is delayed,
are they not going to show it at all?????????????????????