the more i watch gaudio... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

the more i watch gaudio...

federer express
08-13-2005, 06:28 PM
the more i realise just how much talent he has. the timing of this might be strange after he just surrendered tamely to agassi, but ability wise i dont think he is far off andre. he can make the game look as easy as the likes of safin, federer and rios at times. he just needs an agassi or connors like refusal to lose and his career would go from strength to strength. but without that, he wont progress much further i dont think.

either way, he has still earned more money than we ever will, has won a slam and is now a regular in the top 10. not bad i'd say....

DanEd
08-13-2005, 06:38 PM
gaston is awesome, he is most talented argentine player
more than nalbandian and more than coria

gaston :worship: :bounce: :)

for me he is the second most flashy,showy, and enojable player after Federer

federer express
08-13-2005, 06:40 PM

he is more flashy and showy than federer!

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 06:41 PM
gaston is awesome, he is more talented argentine player

gaston :worship: :bounce: :)

:worship: :worship: He is a beautiful player to watch and I think he has 1 of the most beautiful BH and I just wish he would go see Dr Phil :lol:

federer express
08-13-2005, 06:42 PM
:worship: :worship: He is a beautiful player to watch and I think he has 1 of the most beautiful BH and I just wish he would go see Dr Phil :lol:

i wanna see a gaudio-gasquet backhand play-off

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
i wanna see a gaudio-gasquet backhand play-off

Wont that be something, it would be frightening watching them go at their FH :scared:

Gigan
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
poor 'talented" latinos gaston...
he was just crashed by Andre Agassi

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050813/i/r4194364071.jpg

DanEd
08-13-2005, 06:47 PM
yes but gaston is more fun to watch ;)
agassi is boring for me

federer express
08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
agassi is boring for me

agassi is not flashy in the same way, but definitely not boring either. i have nothing but huge amounts of respect for agassi's game

tangerine_dream
08-13-2005, 06:49 PM
I love Gaston's one-handed backhand :hearts: and his matches with Andre have always been very physical, competitive, and fun to watch. I'd love to see these two play on clay.

Gigan
08-13-2005, 06:50 PM
agassi is boring for me

for me also more fun to watch gaston
on this pic ;)

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 06:51 PM

:rolleyes: Was that really necessary we are talking about his style not his results. If you follow Gaston you would know that he is more of a talented headcase than anything else

jazz_girl
08-13-2005, 06:54 PM
:rolleyes: Was that really necessary we are talking about his style not his results. If you follow Gaston you would know that he is more of a talented headcase than anything else
Don't even bother, it's worthless.

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Don't even bother, it's worthless.

This forum is quickly turning into the WTA lately

Gigan
08-13-2005, 07:00 PM

is it bad style of gaston on that pic?
i find it cool !!!
i like next one of chela (also due to Andre) too... ;)
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050813/i/r4194364071.jpg http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050731/i/r4235750232.jpg

Neely
08-13-2005, 07:02 PM
I also think he was and is talented, but so are many others as well. What counts for the results is if they can make use of their talent and how they perform, and since last year Gaudio has become a different player in that department.

It's hard to rate single shots, but his backhand is of course outstanding and I would say it's top 5 of all.

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I also think he was and is talented, but so are many others as well. What counts for the results is if they can make use of their talent and how they perform, and since last year Gaudio has become a different player in that department.

It's hard to rate single shots, but his backhand is of course outstanding and I would say it's top 5 of all.

You are right Gaudio can play well, but at times he just gives up. And unless he gets rid of that attitude he wont always have big results

nermo
08-13-2005, 07:12 PM
It's hard to rate single shots, but his backhand is of course outstanding ..posted by Neely

:yeah: these 're my exact thoughts..no one i think, can disagree about Gaudio's talent, he's not a favorite of mine , but i can usually see it..yet, Consistency adds more brightness and shining to the talent, and being as consistent as u can ,makes ppl. realize it even more...

federer express
08-13-2005, 07:16 PM
:yeah: these 're my exact thoughts..no one i think, can disagree about Gaudio's talent, he's not a favorite of mine , but i can usually see it..yet, Consistency adds more brightness and shining to the talent, and being as consistent as u can ,makes ppl. realize it even more...

yeah but tennis would be boring if everyone was consistent!!

Rex
08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
gaudio is a fantastic player- and there is a lot he will achieve. He has soem mental motivation problems, but thats tennis.

Alvarillo
08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Gaston is a very talented player :worship: but his head :tape:

cleverdutchclogs
08-13-2005, 07:22 PM

Is that what you were saying when Gaudio was losing 6-0 3-0 to Coria in last year's French Open Final?

Neely
08-13-2005, 07:24 PM
yeah but tennis would be boring if everyone was consistent!!
Sure, that everybody is really consistent and playing to the full extent of their respective abilities... this utopia doesn't exist ;) and maybe it's good that this doesn't exist as for some fans (and maybe play in general) it's even more interesting to watch a player like Gaudio because of the surprise effect and because you never know what you're getting with him: if he is tanking a match because of nothing or putting up an excellent show with play from a picturebook.

nermo
08-13-2005, 07:29 PM
yeah but tennis would be boring if everyone was consistent!!posted by Federer express

Who spoke of everyone?? :devil: , only my favorites...
no seriously speaking, no one 'll reach 100% consistency, cuz finally, we are humans..but there's a good limit of consistency, when u can wait for ur favorite player to achieve certain results or higher, and not get :wazzup: with him giving up easily or suddenly got defeated by an unknown allien after making good results few hours ago,(talking generally by the way, no specific player in mind for trouble lovers :devil: )..
that's not boring, that's enjoyable not to get disappointed ..right?

DanEd
08-13-2005, 07:29 PM
yes the same thing
Is that what you were saying when Gaudio was losing 6-0 3-0 to Coria in last year's French Open Final?

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 07:31 PM

Oh yeah thats Gaudio for you, sometimes he plays such beautiful tennis and I go :eek: and at times he seems so flat its :mad:

federer express
08-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Who spoke of everyone?? :devil: , only my favorites...
no seriously speaking, no one 'll reach 100% consistency, cuz finally, we are humans..but there's a good limit of consistency, when u can wait for ur favorite player to achieve certain results or higher, and not get :wazzup: with him giving up easily or suddenly got defeated by an unknown allien after making good results few hours ago,(talking generally by the way, no specific player in mind for trouble lovers :devil: )..
that's not boring, that's enjoyable not to get disappointed ..right?

ok but if gaidio was consistent he would be a completely different person and player...so presumably he may not be one of your favourites anymore

nermo
08-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Is that what you were saying when Gaudio was losing 6-0 3-0 to Coria in last year's French Open Final? posted by cleverdclogs

Oh My GOD, not again, i was receiving a psychotherapy trying to heal from this one...Coria :banghead: ..this is my point about consistency...For me as an example..it wasn't so much fun, watching Coria losing that match..after about 2 - one. sided -sets

NewTennisFan
08-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Gaudio is class. I mean, Agassi was in a different league today on the hard court. But Gaudio was really fighting strong at brief outbursts in that second set, and on a better day, he might have just been able to take it to a tie breaker.

BaselineSmash
08-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Gaudio was at turns totally at ease and in his element against one of the best hardcourt players around and he was also painfully awful -the spate of errors on which he ended the match were dreadful. Upon unforced errors abound the road to Shanghai does not lie.

nermo
08-13-2005, 07:39 PM
so presumably he may not be one of your favourites anymore posted by Federer express..

Hmmm :cool: ..i 'm glad i 've given that impression (means i 'm a nice person :p ), but honestly Gaudio is not a fovorite of mine...i only respect his talent...(sorry for all Gaudio fans)

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
He's always been very talented, maybe now more people realise that he didn't win seven matches at RG last year because all his opponents cramped and he just knocked the ball back into court. Inconsistency and lack of belief has always affected him on hardcourt (clay too, until recently), but the flashes of form he showed against Agassi suggest that he can get enough decent results to put himself in position for the TMC. I mean yes, it's disappointing to go down rather easily in the end, but better to be losing in a QF to someone of his calibre than in the first round to Toddles Reid, for example. If he can win the matches that he's capable of winning on hard, live up to his seeding and lose to the top fast-court players, that would be enough to merit a TMC place.

Don't worry guys, soon enough I will be reminding Gigan that someone has crashed Andre Agassi at this moment.

Gigan
08-13-2005, 08:31 PM
He's always been very talented, maybe now more people realise that he didn't win seven matches at RG last year because all his opponents cramped and he just knocked the ball back into court. Inconsistency and lack of belief has always affected him on hardcourt (clay too, until recently), but the flashes of form he showed against Agassi suggest that he can get enough decent results to put himself in position for the TMC. I mean yes, it's disappointing to go down rather easily in the end, but better to be losing in a QF to someone of his calibre than in the first round to Toddles Reid, for example. If he can win the matches that he's capable of winning on hard, live up to his seeding and lose to the top fast-court players, that would be enough to merit a TMC place.

Don't worry guys, soon enough I will be reminding Gigan that someone has crashed Andre Agassi at this moment.

you again are wrong, bitch ;)
this thread is not about me, or you...
this thread is about talented latinos, gaudio...

i will ignore you again...

NYCtennisfan
08-13-2005, 08:45 PM

He is talented but not more talented than Nalbandian. No way.

mangoes
08-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I also realized how talented Gaudio is. The problem, he needs to believe in himself.

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Whats the matter cant handle what you dish out

Gigan
08-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Whats the matter cant handle what you dish out
read her previous posts...

she is from Andre's haters
usually i am ignoring such "friends"

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 09:20 PM
I never knew MTF could bring out my feminine side so much. Is there some kind of gender-bending hormone around these parts?

bad gambler
08-13-2005, 09:59 PM
just keep showing that backhand - it looks so easy

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 10:02 PM
The best single-hander at the top of the men's game. I realised watching the highlights of last night's set how much popularity plays a part in crowd support. Gaudio hit the most incredible backhand winner straight off the return, right into the corner; then on the next point Agassi stroked a clean backhand winner down the line in the middle of the rally. Both shots were equally stunning, but Gaudio got a polite round of applause and Agassi was cheered to the rafters.

Gigan
08-13-2005, 10:42 PM
that is here what gaudio saying himself, fans:

(complete story read here http://www.rogerscupmen.com/english/draws/interviews/gaudio6.asp)

Rogers Cup - Interviews

A Agassi d G Gaudio 63 64

gaston gaudio

ATP: Can you tell us about the match today and how the conditions played out for you (Postponed from Friday due to rain)?

Gaudio: "I don't think that bother me. The interruptions last night, the rain, they really had nothing to do with the fact that I lost today.
He (Andre)was better than me last night and today."

good boy gaston... look, he respects Andre well :)

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050813/capt.xpch11108132021.montreal_masters_tennis_xpch1 11.jpg

NYCtennisfan
08-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Both shots were equally stunning, but Gaudio got a polite round of applause and Agassi was cheered to the rafters.

This surprises/surprised you?

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 11:22 PM
No. Surprised would be the wrong word; disappointed, more like, in the sense that something easily predictable has been confirmed.

federer express
08-13-2005, 11:24 PM
No. Surprised would be the wrong word; disappointed, more like, in the sense that something easily predictable has been confirmed.

a crowd will always cheer their favourite more. the same thing would happen in gaudio's favour if they were playing in argentina. no need to be disappointed...

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 11:28 PM
There's rarely a need to be disappointed, but it doesn't stop me being so a lot of the time. :p

I always tend to root against the player whom the crowd is supporting, I don't know why. Of course, I make a hypocritical exception when it comes to Henman at Wimbledon, but frankly I don't think he needs my encouragement to lose anyway.

Denaon
08-13-2005, 11:48 PM

I've never realised Gigan was Andre's biggest bitch, good to know.

Denaon
08-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Enuf has been said about Gaston's lack of confidence.....he's an awesome player, very entertaining

Gigan
08-14-2005, 12:18 AM
I've never realised Gigan was Andre's biggest bitch, good to know.

you're wrong poor girl...
i am a man!

Why i'm supporting Andre?
Just because he is the best player for all time of existence of tennis !!!
Nobody can stay at so high quality level of playing during about 20 years long!!!
(read what gaston says in his interview, hope you beleive gaston? ;) )
Andre won his first tournament in 1987, when he was 17!

if you will continue annoying me, i will ignore you too

DanEd
08-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Pete Sampras is better ;)
you're wrong poor girl...
i am a man!

Why i'm supporting Andre?
Just because he is the best player for all time of existence of tennis !!!
Nobody can stay at so high quality level of playing during about 20 years long!!!
(read what gaston says in his interview, hope you beleive gaston? ;) )
Andre won his first tournament in 1987, when he was 17!

if you will continue annoying me, i will ignore you too

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 12:36 AM
I always tend to root against the player whom the crowd is supporting, I don't know why. Of course, I make a hypocritical exception when it comes to Henman at Wimbledon, but frankly I don't think he needs my encouragement to lose anyway.

I tend to do this too. I've rooted at Armstrong and at Ashe against Agassi and Sampras. Weird.

Sjengster
08-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Well, a lot of the time I dislike the player, or else I find the crowd irritating. In the past I've nearly always rooted against the French players at RG, although I've softened in recent years now that I realise they need all the help they can get to do well in their home Slam.

Yes, Gigan is a true tennis fan and would enshrine Agassi as the greatest player of all time even if he came from Vanuatu.

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 12:46 AM
I've got no problem with anyone liking anyone but I also get irritated at crowds and then root against whoever they are rooting for. Probably one of my many mental problems. :)

Gigan
08-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Pete Sampras is better ;)

DanEd, or Denaon ? ;)

i think, that is the same "person"... that is using different (but similar) nicknames...(or they are thinking in same way)

does somebody remember, earlier we had an experience with GoMullerGo and MullerGoMuller - fan from Luxemburg has used "different" names

yes, DanEd or Denaon ? ;) you both are annoying me, i will ignore you ...

Denaon
08-14-2005, 01:42 AM
DanEd, or Denaon ? ;)

i think, that is the same "person"... that is using different (but similar) nicknames...(or they are thinking in same way)

does somebody remember, earlier we had an experience with GoMullerGo and MullerGoMuller - fan from Luxemburg has used "different" names

yes, DanEd or Denaon ? ;) you both are annoying me, i will ignore you ...

please ignore me

For your information i'm a boy and you seriously are a bitch, no matter your gender..

and DanEd is another poster, you :retard:

DanEd
08-14-2005, 01:46 AM
haha nice gigan if u ignore then that mean i am nice guy :cool:
and yes I am denaon ;) I am stunned how the hell u guessed that iam denaon , u are really very smart :eek:

DanEd
08-14-2005, 01:50 AM
yes another poster :angel: you know well you are me and i know well I am you ;)
please ignore me

For your information i'm a boy and you seriously are a bitch, no matter your gender..

and DanEd is another poster, you :retard:

Gigan
08-14-2005, 01:58 AM
now you both can "love" each other ;)
two happy latinos... :angel:

oneandonlyhsn
08-14-2005, 02:11 AM
now you both can "love" each other ;)
two happy latinos... :angel:

:lol: You are too funny

Gigan
08-14-2005, 02:34 AM
:lol: You are too funny
:wavey:

YoursTruly
08-14-2005, 02:50 AM
Gaston is very talented and in my opinion, in the "tennis artist" category. Justine is up there in the women's. I'd love to see a backhand exhibition/lesson with Gaston and Justine in it!

DanEd
08-14-2005, 03:09 AM
:drool: :lick: :hearts:
Gaston is very talented and in my opinion, in the "tennis artist" category. Justine is up there in the women's. I'd love to see a backhand exhibition/lesson with Gaston and Justine in it!

Denaon
08-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Gabriela Sabatini could join them too :D

YoursTruly
08-14-2005, 03:29 AM

Definitely! I miss Gabriela!!!!!! :sad:

RogiFan88
08-14-2005, 03:54 AM
...you just noticed his talent now???

Denaon
08-14-2005, 03:55 AM
...you just noticed his talent now???
:lol: :yeah: I thought exactly the same! :lol:

DanEd
08-14-2005, 03:57 AM
i noticed his talent in 2000 :D

YoursTruly
08-14-2005, 04:00 AM
i noticed his talent in 2000 :D

Same as me

Experimentee
08-14-2005, 03:02 PM
He's always been very talented, it just took a while for some people to realise! And I've been saying for years that he is not crap on hardcourts, in fact he can play very well. Good to see that he showed that this week.

jazz_girl
08-14-2005, 05:51 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing :yeah:
In factc, I remember a journalist saying that to Gastón, and he said that Gaby would beat him for sure :lol:

lau
08-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing :yeah:
In factc, I remember a journalist saying that to Gastón, and he said that Gaby would beat him for sure :lol:
I`m sure Gabriela would say the same thing about Gastón and anyone would win... :lol:
Don´t you just adore talented headcases??... :p

jazz_girl
08-14-2005, 06:17 PM
I`m sure Gabriela would say the same thing about Gastón and anyone would win... :lol:
Don´t you just adore talented headcases??... :p
You should know I do, I'm a Nalbandian fan ;)

Effka
08-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Gaston, Chucho and Zabaleta should do a group therapy at Dr. Phil's office.
I love them all, but it just cracks me up that they still play below their potential. I mean it's not that bad with Gaudio - he won RG and regularly wins some tournaments, but I still think there's hell of a place for improvement.
But still, the three of them... being their fan is a humble school of being patient.

Pea
08-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Gaston :worship:

Action Jackson
08-15-2005, 02:34 PM
the more i realise just how much talent he has. the timing of this might be strange after he just surrendered tamely to agassi, but ability wise i dont think he is far off andre. he can make the game look as easy as the likes of safin, federer and rios at times. he just needs an agassi or connors like refusal to lose and his career would go from strength to strength. but without that, he wont progress much further i dont think.

either way, he has still earned more money than we ever will, has won a slam and is now a regular in the top 10. not bad i'd say....

Fair enough description.

ultraX
08-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Watching Gaudio in live performance hitting topspin in both side @Montreal Tournament was such a blast. I was amazed by his one-handed topspin backhand. There's no doubt about his perfornance, he was a tremendous athlete.

But there's only one thing he should concern is his temper. You can not win matches with that attitude, insulting yourself, hit your racquet and broke it. You gotta learn how to stay cOOl in a match.

Gonsalez is also the same...