Mohammed Abdulla... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mohammed Abdulla...

federer express
08-13-2005, 12:17 PM
think thats my favourite name on the tour!

would love to hear someone called that winning the US Open!! :)

but as he lost 6-0 6-0 to slimane saoudi, who in turn lost 6-2 6-1 to david guez, who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to jakub herm-zahlava, who lost 6-3 6-2 to andreas beck, who lost 7-5 6-1 to kevin deden who lost 6-2 6-0 to lamine ouahab who lost 6-1 6-3 to ivo klec who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to the israeli dudi sela (the only one i have heard of)....i dont think it will happen yet!

so....bookies will give odds of maybe 10-1 :p

~EMiLiTA~
08-13-2005, 01:36 PM
lamine ouahab...haha i remember that dude! robredo played him first round at the olympics

Alvarillo
08-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Lamine Ouahab beat Rafa Nadal in Wimbledon Junior Semifinals some years ago!
But Rafa was still 15 y.o. or something !

federer express
08-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Lamine Ouahab beat Rafa Nadal in Wimbledon Junior Semifinals some years ago!
But Rafa was still 15 y.o. or something !

wow...that is impressive knowledge!

CooCooCachoo
08-13-2005, 07:22 PM
think thats my favourite name on the tour!

would love to hear someone called that winning the US Open!! :)

but as he lost 6-0 6-0 to slimane saoudi, who in turn lost 6-2 6-1 to david guez, who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to jakub herm-zahlava, who lost 6-3 6-2 to andreas beck, who lost 7-5 6-1 to kevin deden who lost 6-2 6-0 to lamine ouahab who lost 6-1 6-3 to ivo klec who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to the israeli dudi sela (the only one i have heard of)....i dont think it will happen yet!

so....bookies will give odds of maybe 10-1 :p

Jakub :mad: Wish he'd get his ass out of the Challenger/Future circuit. Oh well. Ain't happening anytime soon.

NYCtennisfan
08-13-2005, 09:00 PM
would love to hear someone called that winning the US Open!!

Why is that?

federer express
08-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Why is that?

because he would probably be searched about 20 times before even being allowed into the country

NYCtennisfan
08-13-2005, 11:21 PM
because he would probably be searched about 20 times before even being allowed into the country

LOL! There are probably lots of people living here in the NYC area (not as large as greater London's) with that name. There is quite a sizable Muslim population here--Arabs from the Middle East, Arabs from the Gulf States, North Africans, and lots of Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis as well as a fairly large AFrican-American convert population.

Saumon
08-13-2005, 11:22 PM
the US Open has already been won by a muslim player anyway :p ;)

federer express
08-13-2005, 11:26 PM
the US Open has already been won by a muslim player anyway :p ;)

u mean ashe? (from richmond, virginia)

Saumon
08-13-2005, 11:29 PM
ashe was muslim?

federer express
08-13-2005, 11:30 PM
ashe was muslim?

lol. dont know....was asking you

Saumon
08-13-2005, 11:36 PM
dont know either hehe
but safin is :p

federer express
08-13-2005, 11:37 PM
dont know either hehe
but safin is :p

safin...you sure? i dont quite see him making his way to the mosque after his matches :p

max122
08-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Does every christian go to Church? umm I dont think so ;)

federer express
08-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Does every christian go to Church? umm I dont think so ;)

some key things about being a muslim...

pilgrimage to makka (or mecca)
supposed to pray five times a day
fasting during ramadan
giving fixed percentage of income to charitable causes
declaring allah the only god and accepting muhammad to be his prophet

maybe safin does these things. like i said i dont know.

(i am not muslim by the way, just to clarify)

Saumon
08-14-2005, 12:30 AM
'fasting during ramadan'

he cant do that :o

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 12:41 AM
'fasting during ramadan'

he cant do that

All-time basketball legend Hakeem Olajuwon did when he went back to his Islamic roots later in his career. I remember him playing a great game against the Chicago Bulls in the middle of his fast when he had already been fasting for 8 or 9 hours or so. Other players were drinking water and he just sat there, went back in the game and dominated.

As for Safin being a Muslim, if his family has Islamic roots, which they do, it doesn't mean he is a Muslim. He has to hold the basic Islamic beliefs to be a Muslim. He can still be a "tartar" ethnically but not a Muslim per se.

For an example, there is an Indian I work with whose parents are orthodox Muslims but he is an atheist. Is he a Muslim?

federer express
08-14-2005, 12:42 AM
All-time basketball legend Hakeem Olajuwon did when he went back to his Islamic roots later in his career. I remember him playing a great game against the Chicago Bulls in the middle of his fast when he had already been fasting for 8 or 9 hours or so. Other players were drinking water and he just sat there, went back in the game and dominated.

As for Safin being a Muslim, if his family has Islamic roots, which they do, it doesn't mean he is a Muslim. He has to hold the basic Islamic beliefs to be a Muslim. He can still be a "tartar" ethnically but not a Muslim per se.

For an example, there is an Indian I work with whose parents are orthodox Muslims but he is an atheist. Is he a Muslim?

very informative ;)

Saumon
08-14-2005, 12:43 AM
he said in interviews he's muslim
one of the stuff he wears around his neck his a representation of the koran ;)

federer express
08-14-2005, 12:45 AM
he said in interviews he's muslim
one of the stuff he wears around his neck his a representation of the koran ;)

he also wears a ring around his neck that is supposed to represent the one from the lord of the rings. doest that make him a hobbit? :p just kidding...he probably is a muslim. i just didn't know that before today.

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 12:49 AM
he also wears a ring around his neck that is supposed to represent the one from the lord of the rings. doest that make him a hobbit? just kidding..

LOL!

Saumon, I have heard him talk about it too. It's apparent that he probably still holds some of the core beliefs of Islam, like that Allah is the one true God and that Muhummad is his prophet but perhaps doesn't practice the day-to-day things that many Muslims do.

YoursTruly
08-14-2005, 03:15 AM
Safin is no muslim. Look at how he lives!

Speaking of muslim players, aren't Arazi and Younes El Aynaoui muslims?

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 03:21 AM
^Theoretically because they come from Muslim countries but again, their beliefs could be totally different from the dominant population's.

YoursTruly
08-14-2005, 03:32 AM
yes, they even have those in the jewish faith and christians

CooCooCachoo
08-14-2005, 08:51 AM
If Safin's a muslim, he's not a good and strict muslim.

Nimrodg
08-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Dudi Sela will win the singles, Ram/Erlich will win the doubles :p ;) ;) :p

~EMiLiTA~
08-14-2005, 02:31 PM
:rolleyes: Marat is a tartar and it's a well known fact he's a muslim...but he's not a practising muslim, he's said that...he even said in an interview that he didn't like the idea of ramadan haha...but his grandma practises...or so he says.

no, he's not your conventional muslim, but he is a muslim

jenanun
08-14-2005, 02:40 PM
oh thats news to me.... never know about that....

nermo
08-14-2005, 07:30 PM
some key things about being a muslim...
pilgrimage to makka (or mecca)
supposed to pray five times a day
fasting during ramadan
declaring allah the only god and accepting muhammad to be his prophet

maybe safin does these things. like i said i dont know.

(i am not muslim by the way, just to clarify) posted by Federer express

impressive!!..but for correction,Order is important: Declaring ALLAH the only GOD and accepting Muhammad to be his prophet
pray five times a day
fasting during ramadan
pilgrimage to makka (or mecca) if u can afford to..these are just the five basics of Islam,who wants to be a muslim, should do them and Believe in them..
'fasting during ramadan'
he cant do that posted by saumon
yes he can, any human can fast , even if he's making high physical effort, it's a fact daily done by thousands or millions of ppl. (workers, Players, Students,etc,..)except for some reasons , PPl.should not fast , if their lives is in Danger cuz of fasting..
Actually, what's very basic about Islam, is that its a very sincere. special relation between a person and GOD..meaning, everything u do or believe, has to be done Sincerely from ur heart, not for the sake of ppl. or cuz, like( my mom, tells me to pray, so i m gonna pray to get rid of her annoying me, or Cuz i' d like ppl. to say i am religious and i pray too much!!) it doesnt go this way..so
:if u see a muslim, then he apparently believes in those five basics as a beginning..but whether he's a true muslim or not, whether he's a practicing muslim or not; no one can judge that truth...cuz it's between u and ur GOD..unless, this Person clearly states he denies one or all of these basics,..this goes for Safin , For X , Y, or any muslim ..
P.S. :thanks for ur patience to read :angel: ..but just wanted to clarify things..

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Marat is a tartar and it's a well known fact he's a muslim...but he's not a practising muslim, he's said that...he even said in an interview that he didn't like the idea of ramadan haha...but his grandma practises...or so he says.

no, he's not your conventional muslim, but he is a muslim

Can you be a Muslim if you don't believe in the idea of Ramadan? That's one of the 5 pillars right? I guess it all depends upon different people's definition of who is a Muslim.

Saumon
08-14-2005, 10:18 PM
dont forget he's from russia and that russian people couldnt have a religion when it was the ussr

nermo
08-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Can you be a Muslim if you don't believe in the idea of Ramadan? That's one of the 5 pillars right? I guess it all depends upon different people's definition of who is a Muslim.posted by Nyctennisfan

dont forget he's from russia and that russian people couldnt have a religion when it was the ussr posted by saumon

well, this is just what i meant, Saumon, we are just humans, u 'll never know the truth about what's one is really believing except for his words or deeds telling u so,
so in Islam, it's a basic, to advise non practicing muslims about these things, to try to convince them the right way..cuz who have the ability to read and learn about religion is not as ppl. who don't have the ability to get it the right source,..but this must not be taken the lazy way, (as no one told me, noone taught me, u hold a big part of responsability for who u 're, and how u think)
all in all, advise and giving a good picture about it, is what u have to do in islam, after that part , it's left for others to take their own desicions, u don't oblige or force ppl. to do things they don't like to do, it's forbidden, and it's useless..cuz every person is responable for himself..get what i mean??

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 10:41 PM
dont forget he's from russia and that russian people couldnt have a religion when it was the ussr

Very good point.

well, this is just what i meant, Saumon, we are just humans, u 'll never know the truth about what's one is really believing except for his words or deeds telling u so,
so in Islam, it's a basic, to advise non practicing muslims about these things, to try to convince them the right way..cuz who have the ability to read and learn about religion is not as ppl. who don't have the ability to get it the right source,..but this must not be taken the lazy way, (as no one told me, noone taught me, u hold a big part of responsability for who u 're, and how u think)
all in all, advise and giving a good picture about it, is what u have to do in islam, after that part , it's left for others to take their own desicions, u don't oblige or force ppl. to do things they don't like to do, it's forbidden, and it's useless..cuz every person is responable for himself..get what i mean??

Very interesting. Thank you.

nermo
08-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Very interesting. Thank you posted by Nyctennisfan

u 're welcome, :)

NYCtennisfan
08-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Where are you currently residing Nermo?

nermo
08-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Where are you currently residing Nermo? posted by Nyctennisfan

in my officeroom :cool: ...Why?

oneandonlyhsn
08-15-2005, 12:09 AM
If Safin's a muslim, he's not a good and strict muslim.

I guess that makes me a bad muslims too for drooling all over Safin :lol: