Draw for cincy released [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Draw for cincy released

lilfairyprincess
08-13-2005, 12:34 PM
http://www.cincytennis.com/en/oncourt/draws/

(sorry if someone has already posted this!!

Lady
08-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Wow!! So many great 1st round match-ups!! :eek:

~EMiLiTA~
08-13-2005, 12:56 PM
still deciding whether i like it or not...

darnyelb
08-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Cincinnati is going to rock. Who would've thought 2 years ago that Roddick vs. Ferrero could be a 2nd round match in 2005?

Interesting draw. Federer/Blake could be really fun.

There's Moya/Agassi and Nadal/Berdych 1st round matches too. Damn!

LaPetiteSerbe
08-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Wow, I bet Federer is not happy about that draw!

fedpras
08-13-2005, 02:17 PM

Why not? Nadal, Hewitt, and Roddick will beat up each other on the other side before he has to play any of them. And if Roddick can beat Blake in two sets, Roger shouldn't have a problem with him.

But I was wondering, is it likely that Agassi will pull out of Cincinnati if he gets to the finals of Montreal?

DanEd
08-13-2005, 02:25 PM
u think federer is afraid of hewitt and roddick????????
he is only afraid of nadal
Why not? Nadal, Hewitt, and Roddick will beat up each other on the other side before he has to play any of them. And if Roddick can beat Blake in two sets, Roger shouldn't have a problem with him.

But I was wondering, is it likely that Agassi will pull out of Cincinnati if he gets to the finals of Montreal?

PamV
08-13-2005, 02:27 PM

Why not?

Suzi
08-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Wow!! So many great 1st round match-ups!! :eek:

I know :eek:

Robredo/Gaudio
Rafa/Berdych
Davydenko/Grosjean
Massu/Henman
Moya/Agassi

to name a few!!!

PamV
08-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I'd like to see the Gasquet v. Lopez 1st round match but that probably won't be shown. At least the top players are all entered to play....but the question is are they ready to play and will they play up to form? I wonder what Safin is like now after that knee surgury? If he is back in form he would make a tough SF for Roger. As for Nadal.....he could have an easy time if Hewitt and Roddick are still floundering. So basically the draw doesn't tell anything until we see how everyone plays in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

PamV
08-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I know :eek:

Robredo/Gaudio
Rafa/Berdych
Davydenko/Grosjean
Massu/Henman
Moya/Agassi

to name a few!!!

Also

Puerta/Ginepri
Murray/Dent
Gasquet/Lopez
Stepanek/Monfils

But ESPN will probably only show the matches with Americans, Nadal, or Hewitt.

nobama
08-13-2005, 02:46 PM
he is only afraid of nadalYeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

Leo
08-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Major blarfing here. Youzhny/Nadal and Ferrero/Roddick 2nd round matches. :(

Gaudio/Robredo again, right away! Revenge for opera boy?

Moya's shitty draws are not going to build his confidence any.

Davydenko/Nalbandian R16 possible again, but tough draw for both so perhaps not... again.

fedpras
08-13-2005, 05:06 PM
he is only afraid of nadal

No, I don't think he's scared of any of them. But I bet he's glad that Hewitt and Nadal could potentially play in the semifinals, which will most likely be a very tough match for both of them.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Rogi has a brilliant draw! Players who have defeated him before: Nalbandian, Henman, Gasquet, Nadal, Roddick, Hewitt, Berdych, Ancic, JCF and even some of the hotter players this summer Rusedski and Mathieu are all on the opposite side.

nobama
08-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Rogi has a brilliant draw! Players who have defeated him before: Nalbandian, Henman, Gasquet, Nadal, Roddick, Hewitt, Berdych, Ancic, JCF and even some of the hotter players this summer Rusedski and Mathieu are all on the opposite side.Yeah but he's got Ivan who played him tough a couple times this year. Although Ivan's not played so well lately so they may never meet anyway. I don't discount Blake. He's looked good this summer and Roger hasn't played in 6 weeks.

rofe
08-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Actually both Roger and Marat seem to have very reasonable draws i.e if Marat doesn't pull out. I have a feeling that if AA gets to the finals of Rogers Masters then he will pull out of Cincy and that means that there is a very good chance of a Roger/Marat semi-finals.

The other half of the draw looks more competitve on paper but I think the only player likely to prevent a Roddick/Nadal QF is unfortunately Monfils (nobody else has had any worthwhile results this year). Ofcourse, Tomas could take out Nadal in the 1st round but I doubt it.

The top half in that part of the draw seems to be a QF between Hewitt and PHM/Seb and we will know whether it is PHM or Seb by the end of the 2nd round.

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah but he's got Ivan who played him tough a couple times this year. Although Ivan's not played so well lately so they may never meet anyway. I don't discount Blake. He's looked good this summer and Roger hasn't played in 6 weeks.

Yeah and we all know Roger has the 'I cant get through the 1st round in Cincy' mentality :mad:
Mathieu good luck boy :bounce:

rofe
08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah but he's got Ivan who played him tough a couple times this year. Although Ivan's not played so well lately so they may never meet anyway. I don't discount Blake. He's looked good this summer and Roger hasn't played in 6 weeks.

Nah, Blake will not pose any problems ( and I say this after watching the Roddick/Blake match) and Fed has a psychological hold over Ivan so I don't see that as a problem.

Dirk
08-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Kiefer won't be easy either Roger has him in the 2nd rd. This will be a great test for him next week.

rofe
08-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Yeah and we all know Roger has the 'I cant get through the 1st round in Cincy' mentality :mad:
Mathieu good luck boy :bounce:

This could possibly be a true statement had he gone deep in Rogers Masters but I am sure he realizes that if he doesn't go deep in Cincy he will have no match practice going into the US Open. I think he will get through the 1st round.

rofe
08-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Kiefer won't be easy either Roger has him in the 2nd rd. This will be a great test for him next week.

Yes, Keifer was a handful in Wimbly but the manner in which he lost to Agassi tells me that he starts choking when thing are not going well for him. Fed has to be reasonably consistent and the match is in the bag.

Skyward
08-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok, no Hrbaty in the 1st round. Good enough. :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
08-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Carlos is screwed again :mad:
then again OAP might withdraw as he's gonna be in Montreal final tomorrow

Marat's comeback vs a Q

lots of great 1st rds again.

Space Cowgirl
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
damn, another crap draw for Kiwi :(

Black Adam
08-13-2005, 06:53 PM
It would be great for Roddick and JCF to match up again :yeah: Blake vs Federer can turn out to be exciting Tennis :rocker2:
One thing for sure, we gonna have a great week of tennis;)

oneandonlyhsn
08-13-2005, 07:06 PM
It would be great for Roddick and JCF to match up again :yeah: Blake vs Federer can turn out to be exciting Tennis :rocker2:
One thing for sure, we gonna have a great week of tennis;)

:worship: I love you mate, Agassi vs Moya :scared:

uNIVERSE mAN
08-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Actually both Roger and Marat seem to have very reasonable draws i.e if Marat doesn't pull out. I have a feeling that if AA gets to the finals of Rogers Masters then he will pull out of Cincy and that means that there is a very good chance of a Roger/Marat semi-finals.

The other half of the draw looks more competitve on paper but I think the only player likely to prevent a Roddick/Nadal QF is unfortunately Monfils (nobody else has had any worthwhile results this year). Ofcourse, Tomas could take out Nadal in the 1st round but I doubt it.

The top half in that part of the draw seems to be a QF between Hewitt and PHM/Seb and we will know whether it is PHM or Seb by the end of the 2nd round.

You don't pull out of events that you're defending, especially TMS events.

rofe
08-13-2005, 07:12 PM
You don't pull out of events that you're defending, especially TMS events.

You can if you don't want to chance the nerve flaring up again in the US Open. I don't think AA wants a repeat of the FO. He had in fact taken a cortizone shot just before the FO and it did not help him at all.

Beforehand
08-13-2005, 07:22 PM
I really doubt Agassi pulls out of an event where he has 500 points to defend. Otherwise, he could have just skipped Montreal, played Cincinnati, and not really changed his points at all. He's gained points here, and he will be looking to keep his points from Cincinnati.

BAMJ6
08-13-2005, 07:23 PM
If Andre wins tonight and tomorrow, then he won't play in Cincy. He may be the defending champ, but he's 35 and needs his rest for the US Open. Plus he has no points to lose for not defending.

Beforehand
08-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Plus he has no points to lose for not defending.
What?

BAMJ6
08-13-2005, 07:27 PM
What?

If he wins Montreal, then that cancels out the Cincy 2004 points. All TMS are the same, 500 points for a win.

Beforehand
08-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Did he play Toronto last year at all? If he didn't, then he gains 500 points, and skipping Cincinnati would cause him to lose 500 pts.

And I know Cincinnati dropped off, but I mean...it doesn't make sense to gain 500 from last year, and then give away 500 from last year.

Winston's Human
08-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Agassi lost in the second round in Toronto last year.

suus21
08-13-2005, 08:45 PM
he is not losing many point next week (if he is not playing but I don't think so) because he lost the points last week because cincy was played last week last year...
last week he dropped to #7 in the rankings because of that cincy result from a year ago now that tournament is played later in the year

Beforehand
08-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Agassi lost in the second round in Toronto last year.
Then he would end up netting a -35 point difference between last year and this year. I can't see him doing that.

I think he'll play Cincinnati, but withdraw at even the slightest show of discomfort, and I think he'll skip the week after.

Then again, he's Agassi, and he is up there in age, and I see why he would withdraw too.

I don't know. I guess, from a points standpoint, it makes no sense, but from an Agassi career standpoint, it does.

jtipson
08-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Then he would end up netting a -35 point difference between last year and this year. I can't see him doing that.

I think he'll play Cincinnati, but withdraw at even the slightest show of discomfort, and I think he'll skip the week after.

Then again, he's Agassi, and he is up there in age, and I see why he would withdraw too.

I don't know. I guess, from a points standpoint, it makes no sense, but from an Agassi career standpoint, it does.

I doubt Agassi cares about the number of points he has. In any case, last year's Cincy points were off last week, and he still looks like getting a quarter-final seed at Flushing Meadow. More important for him is to be fit and pain-free going in to the US Open. I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see him skip Cincy, and he wasn't on the list to play New Haven anyway.