Nimrodg
08-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Who will win? :)

Björki
08-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Rafa :bounce:

delsa
08-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Rafa 6-0, 6-0. But Paulo will play very well. :p He'll do the best match of his life. And i'll be proud of him. Very proud...

Rex
08-13-2005, 09:00 AM
lol- u kiddin'
look at the guy in my avatar- and tell me hu i chose

RonE
08-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Piggy :yawn:

Papakori
08-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Paulo in 3 :yippee:

silverwhite
08-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Do you even have to ask? :o

silverwhite
08-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Rafa 6-0, 6-0. But Paulo will play very well. :p He'll do the best match of his life. And i'll be proud of him.

Yes. :worship: It doesn't matter if he loses 0-6 0-6. As long as he plays well, we'll be proud.

David Kenzie
08-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Rafa 6-0, 6-0. But Paulo will play very well. :p He'll do the best match of his life. And i'll be proud of him. Very proud...
The thought of you being proud of a double bagel loss is hilarious :haha:

delsa
08-13-2005, 10:33 AM
The thought of you being proud of a double bagel loss is hilarious :haha:
That's because you don't know what matters to me. I'm definitely capable of that. ;)

GonzoFan
08-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I think all of us know the answer ... :angel:

(hope there will be no surprises :eek: )

Castafiore
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM
PHM, wasn't he the one who took out Roddick?
I did not see the match (you would not believe the amount of soccer we get on tv here...they would not recognize a tennis racquet if it hit them in the face :( ) but that says something about Mathieu's potential or was that a fluke?

misyou25
08-13-2005, 11:36 AM
i hope PHM but rafa is too good now

jenanun
08-13-2005, 01:29 PM
rafa of course....

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 01:49 PM
This is ridiculous...Rafa easily wins...

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 01:49 PM
PHM, wasn't he the one who took out Roddick?
I did not see the match (you would not believe the amount of soccer we get on tv here...they would not recognize a tennis racquet if it hit them in the face :( ) but that says something about Mathieu's potential or was that a fluke?

Roddick was not in top form and got caught sleeping...

lau
08-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Roddick was not in top form and got caught sleeping...
and Paulo played really well... ;)

Why the title of this thread isn´t "who do you WANT to win?" ?! :sad:

savesthedizzle
08-13-2005, 02:08 PM
As much as I know Rafa will win, a tiny piece of me really hopes Mathieu can pull off the upset.

joyk
08-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Probably Rafa,but I`m still hoping PHM.

hablovah19
08-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Probably Rafa,but I`m still hoping PHM.

ditto.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Nada loses in straights.

Chloe le Bopper
08-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Paulo! Oh. That's not what you meant. Um, Rafa.

jenanun
08-13-2005, 08:58 PM
nadal vs agassi will be the most interesting final
me, wont bother to watch if PHM vs rusedski in the final.....
so come on, let's support nadal and agassi!!!

KoOlMaNsEaN
08-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I hope PHM wins :scared:

jenanun
08-13-2005, 11:15 PM
people who doesnt want nadal to win are super federer's fans who scares nadal may steal federer's no.1 position
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lau
08-13-2005, 11:23 PM
people who doesnt want nadal to win are super federer's fans who scares nadal may steal federer's no.1 position
That`s not true :wavey:

lilfairyprincess
08-13-2005, 11:24 PM

:D lol so true...i want rafa to win!!

Geniey2g
08-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Vamossssss, Rafa

He almost lost his serve for the first time this week a minute ago. But it's 4-2 Nadal now.

Alvarillo
08-14-2005, 01:35 AM
64 75 but Paulo managed to make a break ! When Rafa served for the match with 54!
Credit to the frenchie! But Rafa is .... Rafa !

Saumon
08-14-2005, 01:38 AM
too bad he cant play on hardcourt :rolleyes: :p

nobama
08-14-2005, 01:39 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:And people who want Nadal to win aren't really Nadal fans, they just want Nadal to steal Federer's no. 1 position. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Castafiore
08-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Don't start another stupid Rafa vs Roger debate!

Saumon
08-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Don't start another stupid Rafa vs Roger debate!
:lol:

nobama
08-14-2005, 01:49 AM
too bad he cant play on hardcourt :rolleyes: :pYes, beating an out-of-form Moya, Mello, Grosjean, Puerta and Mathieu (none of whom were seeded) really proves that he's the one to beat on hc. :rolleyes: Lets see how he fares next week when Hewitt, Safin, Roddick and Federer are back in action. Replace Rafa with any one of those guys with this draw; would people be all giddy that they made it into the final? I think not. I'm not suggesting Rafa can't play on hc - he can, or that he won't be a threat - he will be. But he had a pretty easy draw so I'm not surprised he's in the final. And I don't think his fans should be either - because they've said all along that he would do well on hc.

federer express
08-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Yes, beating an out-of-form Moya, Mello, Grosjean, Puerta and Mathieu (none of whom were seeded) really proves that he's the one to beat on hc. :rolleyes: Lets see how he fares next week when Hewitt, Safin, Roddick and Federer are back in action. Replace Rafa with any one of those guys with this draw; would people be all giddy that they made it into the final? I think not. I'm not suggesting Rafa can't play on hc - he can, or that he won't be a threat - he will be. But he had a pretty easy draw so I'm not surprised he's in the final. And I don't think his fans should be either - because they've said all along that he would do well on hc.

thought roddick lost in his first round match to the unseeded mathieu...

Castafiore
08-14-2005, 01:54 AM
*sigh*

Federer is god, perfect, classy, sexy,...he oozes charisma (just look at the evidence in pictures), has all the technical skills and shots,...(did I forget something?)

Nadal is only slightly above average, is lucky to have his speed, has a couple of shots but they pale in comparison to JesusFed,...(did I forget something?)
Who are the Nadal fans kidding saying that he can play well on HC? Now, take Federer, there's a HC player...etc etc etc

There, happy now?

Damn, the kid has a fantastic year but some people just can't seem to handle that.

STOP THE STUPID RAFA VS ROGER DEBATE or go to some other board where they appreciate discussions on that level: go to the ESPN board for instance.

lilfairyprincess
08-14-2005, 01:58 AM
*sigh*

Federer is god, perfect, classy, sexy,...he oozes charisma (just look at the evidence in pictures), has all the technical skills and shots,...(did I forget something?)

Nadal is only slightly above average, is lucky to have his speed, has a couple of shots but they pale in comparison to JesusFed,...(did I forget something?)
Who are the Nadal fans kidding saying that he can play well on HC? Now, take Federer, there's a HC player...etc etc etc

There, happy now!

Damn, the kid has a fantastic year but some people just can't seem to handle that.

STOP THE STUPID RAFA VS ROGER DEBATE or go to some other board where they appreciate discussions on that level: go to the ESPN board for instance.

:worship: well said Castafiore..it is definately getting a little bit tiresome having practically every thread turn into a rafa v federer debate. Everyone has their own favourite and by constantly bad-mouthing the otehr one isn't changing ne1's mind!!

nobama
08-14-2005, 02:16 AM
*sigh*

There, happy now?

STOP THE STUPID RAFA VS ROGER DEBATE or go to some other board where they appreciate discussions on that level: go to the ESPN board for instanceWhere is the Roger v Rafa debate? :confused: I said Rafa had an easy draw and I'm not surprised he's in the final. What does that have to do with Roger? And who in this thread said Rafa can't play on HC? :confused:

btw...it wasn't a Fed fan who brought him into this thread.

[quote]Originally Posted by jenanun

nobama
08-14-2005, 02:19 AM
thought roddick lost in his first round match to the unseeded mathieu...He did. Even still, I think he's a bigger threat on HC than anyone Rafa played this week (well, unless he plays Agassi in the final).

Castafiore
08-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Right, he had an easy draw...he was just lucky, that's all.

He can play on HC but just because the surface is rather slow...blue clay really

edit: ...he has reached the final just because his opposition was too weak.
edit n°2: Federer is in a class of his own and any suggestion that another player is great is just silly really.

Mirkaland, when I ask people to please stop the Rafa v Nadal debate...I am looking to both sides. Don't look at this one-sided.
I can't stop people from talking like this of course but it would be so great if these people would actually start talking about tennis. You know what I mean?

adelaide
08-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Moya didn't seem too out of form against Rafael :confused:

stop with the lucky draw thing, really. some of the players he defeated en route to the final wasn't any easier than any seeded player. PHM's ranking did not speak for his performance today :p

*julie*
08-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Moya didn't seem too out of form against Rafael :confused:

stop with the lucky draw thing, really. some of the players he defeated en route to the final wasn't any easier than any seeded player. PHM's ranking did not speak for his performance today :p

I totally agree :yeah:

nobama
08-14-2005, 02:31 AM
Right, he had an easy draw...he was just lucky, that's all.

He can play on HC but just because the surface is rather slow...blue clay really

edit: ...he has reached the final just because his opposition was too weak.When did I say anything about the surface being slow or like clay. :confused: And yes I think he had an easy draw. Thta's my opinion. Are you trying to suggest he didn't? Or that it doesn't matter? Who in that draw do you think had a good chance of taking him out? Earlier in this thread people were saying Rafa would beat PHM love and love.

bad gambler
08-14-2005, 02:32 AM
nadal in 2

*julie*
08-14-2005, 02:34 AM
Earlier in this thread people were saying Rafa would beat PHM love and love.
Look for other arguments!!! It was only jokes. Paulo is back at his top form. You have to admit it :rolleyes:

adelaide
08-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Who in that draw do you think had a good chance of taking him out? Earlier in this thread people were saying Rafa would beat PHM love and love.
but that is because he is a good player...........

so in your opinion, does it mean that Roger always gets an easy draw, because no one has a good chance of beating him?

and there is no sarcasm involved whatsoever in that last sentence.

Castafiore
08-14-2005, 02:42 AM
When did I say anything about the surface being slow or like clay. :confused: .
:rolleyes:
No, dear...I did... ;)

in this thread people were saying Rafa would beat PHM love and love
Right, and you think people were serious? Come on, PHM has been on fire all week long.
Most people thought he would beat PHM in two sets but the love love thing was just an exaggeration.

Come on, Mirkaland...don't take this stuff so seriously.
All right, you believe that he had an easy draw and was lucky that all the big HC players weren't there or were taken out by other players.
That's your opinion. No problem.

*julie*
08-14-2005, 02:43 AM
he has reached the final just because his opposition was too weak.

Really? :eek: Did you see all his matches?

Castafiore
08-14-2005, 02:45 AM
Really? :eek: Did you see all his matches?
:secret: I'm kidding

nobama
08-14-2005, 02:46 AM
but that is because he is a good player...........

so in your opinion, does it mean that Roger always gets an easy draw, because no one has a good chance of beating him?

and there is no sarcasm involved whatsoever in that last sentence.
Yes, and I'm acknowledging that rafa is a very good player, he wouldn't be #2 if he wasn't. That's why I'm not surprised to see him in the final. I don't know why that's percieved as dissing him, or belittling his play. After Hewitt and Roddick went out I figured this tournament was his for the taking, with maybe Agassi being the only one who could stop him.

And no I don't think Roger always gets an easy draw because I don't think he's unbeatable. In fact I don't expect him to win next week - he has a horrible record in Cincy and he hasn't played in a tournament in 6 weeks, so who knows what form he'll be in. If Rafa wins Montreal, he might be on such a high that it carries him right through Cincy and he wins that tournament too. Who knows.

nobama
08-14-2005, 02:53 AM
:rolleyes:
No, dear...I did... ;)

Right, and you think people were serious? Come on, PHM has been on fire all week long.
Most people thought he would beat PHM in two sets but the love love thing was just an exaggeration.

Come on, Mirkaland...don't take this stuff so seriously.
All right, you believe that he had an easy draw and was lucky that all the big HC players weren't there or were taken out by other players.
That's your opinion. No problem.Yes I think he had an easy draw...but isn't that also a testement to what a great player he is - not just on clay, but hardcourts too? I expected him to be in the final because I think he's better than those he had to face along the way. I certainly have never said he wouldn't do well on HC or that Montreal is a slow hard court or "the new clay". It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Cincy, I think he has a tougher draw there.

adelaide
08-14-2005, 02:54 AM
Yes, and I'm acknowledging that rafa is a very good player, he wouldn't be #2 if he wasn't. That's why I'm not surprised to see him in the final. I don't know why that's percieved as dissing him, or belittling his play. After Hewitt and Roddick went out I figured this tournament was his for the taking, with maybe Agassi being the only one who could stop him.
no no, I didn't take it as that you were dissing him. I just wanted to point out that the reason why his draws seem easy is because of the fact that he's a good player, rather than the draws being actually easy.

And no I don't think Roger always gets an easy draw because I don't think he's unbeatable. In fact I don't expect him to win next week - he has a horrible record in Cincy and he hasn't played in a tournament in 6 weeks, so who knows what form he'll be in. If Rafa wins Montreal, he might be on such a high that it carries him right through Cincy and he wins that tournament too. Who knows.
Alrighty. Point taken. :)

RedFury
08-14-2005, 04:29 AM

Right. So why, exactly, are you trying your dammest to diminish his accomplishments of this week? Not like I am imagining things. It's right there in this prior post of yours (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2139546&postcount=34):

Yes, beating an out-of-form Moya, Mello, Grosjean, Puerta and Mathieu (none of whom were seeded) really proves that he's the one to beat on hc

IOW, you're already providing excuses for your idol in case he fails to win Cincy, while matter of factly dropping the fact that Nadal might be on yet another tear -- on hardcourts no less. Of course, no doubt his draw will thin-out and turn out to be the easiest road to the final. Just like Montreal.

Finally, and on a tangent, I simply don't get all the bashing on his tennis style proper. Sure, he's not the smoothest of players, but to say that he's boring on court and basically waits for "opponents mistakes," is so far gone from my own perspective that I wonder if we're both watching the same player. For having had the opportunity -- though both ESPN1/2 Latin America and FoxLa -- to watch somewhere in the vicinity of 40 to 45 of Rafa's matches this year, I doubt that in my close to fourty tears of watching tennis I've seen a more exciting player -- Becker's early Wimbledon's runs come to mind. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank.

Shots you* say? What about them? From the most outlandish gets to the most fearsome forehands, precise drops and lobs...seen them all. Sure, odds are Rafa will always look like he's working harder on-court -- only because he is -- than players such as Federer, Sampras, Cash, or even contemporaries like Gasquet and Monfils. To that I say, so what? Point being, is not the style but the results of same that wins matches.

And for the time being, he's only second to Roger in that department.

TTFN

*"You" in the general sense.

Saumon
08-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Yes, beating an out-of-form Moya, Mello, Grosjean, Puerta and Mathieu (none of whom were seeded) really proves that he's the one to beat on hc. :rolleyes: Lets see how he fares next week when Hewitt, Safin, Roddick and Federer are back in action. Replace Rafa with any one of those guys with this draw; would people be all giddy that they made it into the final? I think not. I'm not suggesting Rafa can't play on hc - he can, or that he won't be a threat - he will be. But he had a pretty easy draw so I'm not surprised he's in the final. And I don't think his fans should be either - because they've said all along that he would do well on hc.
well yeah, it's not as if he was close to beat federer in miami :rolleyes:

btw federer won in hamburg coz rafa wasnt there :p :devil:

nobama
08-14-2005, 02:32 PM
well yeah, it's not as if he was close to beat federer in miami :rolleyes:

btw federer won in hamburg coz rafa wasnt there :p :devil:And Rafa's in the finals of Montreal because he didn't have to face Safin, Hewitt, Roddick or Federer to get there. :p :devil:

nobama
08-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Right. So why, exactly, are you trying your dammest to diminish his accomplishments of this week? Not like I am imagining things. It's right there in this prior post of yours (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2139546&postcount=34):

IOW, you're already providing excuses for your idol in case he fails to win Cincy, while matter of factly dropping the fact that Nadal might be on yet another tear -- on hardcourts no less. Of course, no doubt his draw will thin-out and turn out to be the easiest road to the final. Just like Montreal.

Finally, and on a tangent, I simply don't get all the bashing on his tennis style proper. Sure, he's not the smoothest of players, but to say that he's boring on court and basically waits for "opponents mistakes," is so far gone from my own perspective that I wonder if we're both watching the same player. For having had the opportunity -- though both ESPN1/2 Latin America and FoxLa -- to watch somewhere in the vicinity of 40 to 45 of Rafa's matches this year, I doubt that in my close to fourty tears of watching tennis I've seen a more exciting player -- Becker's early Wimbledon's runs come to mind. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank.

Shots you* say? What about them? From the most outlandish gets to the most fearsome forehands, precise drops and lobs...seen them all. Sure, odds are Rafa will always look like he's working harder on-court -- only because he is -- than players such as Federer, Sampras, Cash, or even contemporaries like Gasquet and Monfils. To that I say, so what? Point being, is not the style but the results of same that wins matches.

And for the time being, he's only second to Roger in that department.

TTFN

*"You" in the general sense.

First of all I have not "bashed" Rafa's style of play, I've never said he's boring on court or waits for his opponents to make mistakes. The guy's got an incredible game, I'm not denying that. And I also said that if Nadal wins Montreal he may just carry that high over to Cincy and win that tournament too. He may do that even if he doesn't win today. But if you replaced Rafa with Roger in Montreal I'd expect him to be in the finals today too. And I would say he had an easy draw as well.

I'm not making excuses for Roger - he's #1, he's won more HC tournaments in the past two years than anyone else. My expectations are that he should go deep in Cincy. But the reality is he hasn't played in 6 weeks (his choice) and has never done well in Cincy so he could get booted out early. I'm not using that as an excuse in case he loses, and I'll be pissed if he does go out early.

Geez, and people here think Fed fans are paranoid.... :rolleyes:
If someone doesn't worship at the shrine of Rafa somehow that turns into they don't think he's a good player and Montreal is a slow hard court or "the new clay". :rolleyes: