US Viewers... Write ESPN! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US Viewers... Write ESPN!

Scotso
08-13-2005, 04:57 AM
They're obviously going to show both of Agassi's matches tomorrow :rolleyes: and not show any of Nadal's semifinal match.

This is ridiculous. Write them and request they come on early to show Nadal's match as well! ;)

tangerine_dream
08-13-2005, 05:00 AM
They're obviously going to show both of Agassi's matches tomorrow :rolleyes: and not show any of Nadal's semifinal match.

^^

How to be an MTF tard, Lesson #3.

Scotso
08-13-2005, 05:02 AM
You're just pissy that your little pinup lost in the first round. Go bother someone else.

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 05:02 AM
^^

How to be an MTF tard, Lesson #3.

A case of the blind mocking the blind, I'm afraid.

I'm not a US viewer, but even I can do what's suggested in the title of this thread. It's only four letters, quite a simple acronym. ESPN.

Scotso
08-13-2005, 05:05 AM
I'm getting really sick of the fact that people on this board have to be smart asses all of the time.

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 05:05 AM

This is ridiculous. Write them and request they come on early to show Nadal's match as well! ;)

boohoo...just keep quiet and watch the Legend. Rafa will get his due over the years. Enough bitching from you already!

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 05:06 AM
as if a Spanish channel would ever show Agassi's match over Rafa's...get a clue. This is ESPN...which is American, which means Agassi.

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 05:06 AM
I'm getting really sick of the fact that people on this board have to be smart asses all of the time.

Nah, I'm not really being a smart ass. Your title is perfectly correct within the rules of American grammar, I just find that grammar to be a little daft... hence my post. The sentiment of the thread is certainly a legitimate one.

Scotso
08-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Look, seriously. If the thread doesn't apply to you or you aren't interested in the Nadal match, whatever. But don't tell me what to do. I don't have the time or interest to bother with any of you three anymore, so you're all going on ignore. Try and have as nice a life as is possible for you.

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Don't worry, I'll survive. I admit it, the suicide pills were out on the desk for a moment at the thought of being on your ignore list, but I found the strength to cope from somewhere.

El Legenda
08-13-2005, 05:11 AM
are you stupid, ESPN dont care what you wanna see. is all about $. quit bitching, unless you wanna give me $3million to watch other matchs

Scotso
08-13-2005, 05:13 AM
No dear, this isn't bitching. It's an attempt to change their minds on what they show.

Thanks for reminding me to put you on my ignore list as well. I'd tell you to have a nice life as well, but I know that won't happen.

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 05:14 AM
:haha:

this dumbass seems to think his little e-mail to ESPN is going to force them to show Rafa's match...

Sjengster
08-13-2005, 05:15 AM
Is there anyone on MTF who isn't on KBF's ignore list, do you reckon? The Federer, Roddick and Agassi fanbases must certainly be out of the question...

liptea
08-13-2005, 05:18 AM
listen, I'm really excited Rafa's doing well...but if you caught the Gaudio/Agassi match, it was pretty awesome. If the level of play is that good again tomorrow, I'd rather watch that.

And in case you didn't notice, ESPN has been practically been ESPNadal all week too. They really haven't neglected Nadal at all, and everytime they show him (which has been almost all his matches), all the commentators talk about is how amazing he is. I give the channel credit for doing its best and for balancing what its viewers with good tennis too.

Good effort on this thread though.

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 05:19 AM
well if everyone is on his ignore list, he must be chatting with himself quite often...

Scotso
08-13-2005, 05:23 AM
listen, I'm really excited Rafa's doing well...but if you caught the Gaudio/Agassi match, it was pretty awesome. If the level of play is that good again tomorrow, I'd rather watch that.

And in case you didn't notice, ESPN has been practically been ESPNadal all week too. They really haven't neglected Nadal at all, and everytime they show him (which has been almost all his matches), all the commentators talk about is how amazing he is. I give the channel credit for doing its best and for balancing what its viewers with good tennis too.

Good effort on this thread though.

I'm not disputing that they should show the Gaudio/Agassi match. But they could show Agassi's matches in addition to Nadal's. It's a semifinal and they should show it. They would only need to extend their coverage a small amount. During that time slot tomorrow is drag racing. They could even just show the match on tape delay at 3am... I'd be satisfied with that.

NYCtennisfan
08-13-2005, 05:32 AM
I'd like to see all of it but if ESPN gets the chance to show Agassi twice, they will do it. He is still the biggest draw in tennis. This thread also doesn't fit in nicely with the whole, "ESPN won't show Rafa" stuff either because they have pimped him all week.

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 05:34 AM
NYC...karolbeckfan talks out of his ass 24/7

liptea
08-13-2005, 05:50 AM
I'm not disputing that they should show the Gaudio/Agassi match. But they could show Agassi's matches in addition to Nadal's. It's a semifinal and they should show it. They would only need to extend their coverage a small amount. During that time slot tomorrow is drag racing. They could even just show the match on tape delay at 3am... I'd be satisfied with that.

I still think that ESPN should show the better matches. Tennis can't just hijack the other times, even though sometimes I wish they could too. I want to see Nadal too, but I bet that there is enough leftover time to see part of the Mathieu/Rafael semifinal match.

mitalidas
08-13-2005, 03:15 PM
No one actually even knows yet what ESPN is or is not going to show so conserve your rage for now

squirtkb97
08-13-2005, 03:33 PM
ESPN is showing Agassi/Gaudio at 1pm Eastern. ESPN.com still isn't saying exactly what it will show at 8:30pm. But if Agassi wins the early match, I would expect to see his semi tonight. If Gaudio wins, maybe they'll show Nadal's match.

Leo
08-13-2005, 04:25 PM
ESPN has made a mockery of the coverage this week, as well as Grand Slam coverage. I've given up hope. I don't even have the time or interest to watch live tennis anymore.

nobama
08-13-2005, 04:33 PM
ESPN has made a mockery of the coverage this week, as well as Grand Slam coverage. I've given up hope. I don't even have the time or interest to watch live tennis anymore.Why do you say that? Who haven't they shown that they should have?

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Half the people in this thread are making shit up. WTF are some of you talking about??? You want ESPN to show you a doubles practive on Court #27 instead of Agassi-Kiefer? I don't get it. What was the alternative to the Agassi matches????

ys
08-13-2005, 04:55 PM
No, you seriously think that people are interested in Nadal's tennis? I watched his match against Puerta yesterday. I had enough. I want to see someone who can do more that just run .. make some shots for a chance, serve hard - even Rusedski would be refreshing after this awful, absolutely unwatchable match..

Turkeyballs Paco
08-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Here's something we can be happy for... ESPN showed previously recorded Nadal/Puerta match during the Agassi/Gaudio rain delay. I was shocked they didn't replay Agassi/Kiefer again, or as they have done before, an Agassi match from 2004! How great would that have been?

Skyward
08-13-2005, 06:20 PM
they didn't replay Agassi/Kiefer again, or as they have done before, an Agassi match from 2004! How great would that have been?

Don't know about Agassi's reruns, but Sampras-Corretja from 1996 would be just fine. :lol:

Racket88
08-13-2005, 06:29 PM
The only way you'll see Nadal's semi is if Agassi loses. No way would ESPN show Gaudio-Rusedski over Nadal.

If Agassi wins, then hope he kicks Rusedski's ass in under an hour. Then they'll show some of Nadal's semi.

LoveFifteen
08-13-2005, 06:49 PM
ESPN has made a mockery of the coverage this week, as well as Grand Slam coverage. I've given up hope. I don't even have the time or interest to watch live tennis anymore.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nobama
08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
No, you seriously think that people are interested in Nadal's tennis? I watched his match against Puerta yesterday. I had enough. I want to see someone who can do more that just run .. make some shots for a chance, serve hard - even Rusedski would be refreshing after this awful, absolutely unwatchable match..Don't you know it's blasphemous to say this here? ;)

I do wish though that ESPN would switch over if one match is more competitive than the other. If Andre is running away with it and the Nadal/Mathieu match is close they should switch over. But I understand why they would show Andre. Aside from the fact he's American, he's playing well right now and who knows how much longer he'll be competing. I'd love to see him go all the way and win this thing.

Devotee
08-13-2005, 08:50 PM
My worst fear has come true -- more Agassi tonight on ESPN! :armed:

The main reason I want Agassi to retire is so that I'll get to watch more foreign players rather than him!
I was so looking forward to viewing that Nadal/Mathieu semifinal! :sobbing:

Leo
08-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Why do you say that? Who haven't they shown that they should have?

How about more live tennis! They could have shown plenty more live tennis but instead went back to tape delayed matches. For instance, on the 3rd day they played Roddick/Mathieu again on tape when there were matches being played (including PMac's new love Gasquet) and later that night they showed Agassi/Bjorkman again when live tennis was going on. They've only really bothered with Agassi and Nadal this week. No one else is good enough for ESPN, apparently. :rolleyes:

Leo
08-13-2005, 08:53 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm impressed with the logic here. :D

NYCtennisfan
08-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Half the people in this thread are making shit up. WTF are some of you talking about??? You want ESPN to show you a doubles practive on Court #27 instead of Agassi-Kiefer? I don't get it. What was the alternative to the Agassi matches????

I agree but I will say it in less harsh terms. What exactly haven't they shown? They can't show everything. They have pimped Nadal all week and of course Agassi because that's what everybody does. I would too would ideally like to see all the matches and maybe jump around a bit but it will NEVER happen on ESPN, especially for a non-Slam. It just will NOT. They are not going to switch over to someone playing on a small court--that just doesn't look good on TV. Add this up with the fact that they only get a couple of time slots each day, how much can they possibly show?

mangoes
08-13-2005, 10:04 PM
ESPN planned to show the Nadal match, but due to the rain last night which led to the rescheduling of matches at the tournament, ESPN only has 1 time slot left to carry one of the semifinals. Guess which one gets preference? The Agassi match..........Agassi is more popular in America than Nadal. And frankly, I'd rather watch the Agassi one. So, I guess I'm happy they chose the Agassi match.