Roger Federer vs. Serena Williams [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger Federer vs. Serena Williams

kosmikgroove
08-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I Just thought that I would share some delusional thoughts on WTAWORLD.com

Some people actually believe that Serena would take him to 3-4 games in a set!!! :cuckoo:

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=184387

enjoy!

mitalidas
08-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I am fan of the sisters, but this is indeed delusional
I don't think they have to go that far up the chain. Who is ranked #100 on ATP? Lets start with him

Paul Banks
Wtaworld is 99% idiots, I only waste time there to troll and to tell them how worthless they all are. ;)

Mistaflava
Serena in 3 sets

Mistaflava
08-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Women's tennis is for idiots...only the TOP 20 should be allowed to compete. The rest are all a joke...

Skyward
08-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Serena in 5 , hitting a winner between the legs on the match point.

superpinkone37
08-12-2005, 07:50 PM
:haha: :haha:

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2005, 07:52 PM
As I said on WTAWorld, Roger could serve underarm and still win easily. People on wtaworld still think you need a big serve to make the top ten though, so what do they know?

Fee
08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
see, I thought those of us who wish to avoid wtaworld were safe here at MTF. those who wish to participate in their discussions are free to go OVER THERE and do so.

Thank you. :D

TheBoiledEgg
08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
thats quite a hilarious thread :tape:

kosmikgroove
08-12-2005, 08:04 PM
see, I thought those of us who wish to avoid wtaworld were safe here at MTF. those who wish to participate in their discussions are free to go OVER THERE and do so.

Thank you. :D

haha yes but this one is actually quite humerous!

Fumus
08-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Although when it comes to charisma tennis Serena bagels Roger.

Saumon
08-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Although when it comes to charisma tennis Serena bagels Roger.
:devil: :tape:

mp3junkie
08-12-2005, 08:28 PM
This thread is a waste of time. I have personally heard Serena say that she would never ever play a professional man in singles, regardless of who it was. She understand clearly that she would have no chance in the match. She stated that she was a lady and was not interested in playing against a man. (These are her words, not mine!!!)

Mistaflava
08-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Serena is a man....

irma
08-12-2005, 08:36 PM
wta world and having perspective doesn't mix :lol:

mp3junkie
08-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Serena is a man....

You idiot....

disturb3d
08-12-2005, 08:40 PM
ome people actually believe that Serena would take him to 3-4 games in a setAnd I thought believing in god was irrational.

El Legenda
08-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Only way she would win a game is if Roger hits 4DF in a game.

federer express
08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
ok...

1. serena is not a man...if she is its concerning as she is one of the better looking women players
2. she would get hammered by federer....but she could win the odd game possibly if she got fit again

disturb3d
08-12-2005, 08:50 PM
but she could win the odd game possibly if she got fit againSerena would struggle to win a single point off her own serve...
If any female has the stuff to rally with Roger, its Justine.

Lourdes
08-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Why didn't the originator of the thread leave the thread at WTAworld?

YoursTruly
08-12-2005, 09:40 PM
This thread is a waste of time. I have personally heard Serena say that she would never ever play a professional man in singles, regardless of who it was. She understand clearly that she would have no chance in the match. She stated that she was a lady and was not interested in playing against a man. (These are her words, not mine!!!)

That WTA board site is cheap anyways, so don't mind them. I think it shouldn't even be Federer vs. Serena Williams because she's not the best. It would be someone else that would face Federer. And for the best WTA player, her biggest chances would only come against Nos. 300 or more, and not a player in that range who is really a top player but injured.

And yes, I remember that those were her words. And it's so surprising she said that since she either doesn't give credit to anyone even if they kicked her big ass off the court, or she says she could do anything even if she's lying. The irony is that she said she's a lady but in reality she looks like man!

Lourdes
08-12-2005, 09:42 PM
And yes, I remember that those were her words. And it's so surprising she said that since she either doesn't give credit to anyone even if they kicked her big ass off the court, or she says she could do anything even if she's lying. The irony is that she said she's a lady but in reality she looks like man!

You've just cheapened this forum. WTA and the Mens forum aren't too far off.

aceit
08-12-2005, 09:47 PM
HAHAHA.

Thanks for posting that. ;)

Nimomunz
08-12-2005, 10:02 PM
why are we discussing serena here? she belongs in wtaworld!!

YoursTruly
08-12-2005, 10:05 PM
You've just cheapened this forum. WTA and the Mens forum aren't too far off.

How could I cheapen this forum when I was commenting on the previous WTA forum comments, not bringing it up firsthand. Also, it's up to you if you feel cheapened by that forum. I've visited both and MTF is clearly different in a good way. WTA forum is a tad too heavy.

JMG
08-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Serena might be good enough to beat Josh Olivas.

superpinkone37
08-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Serena might be good enough to beat Josh Olivas.
Hell, I could beat Josh Olivas.

;)

nobama
08-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Although when it comes to charisma tennis Serena bagels Roger.I thought that only applied to Rafa.

star
08-12-2005, 10:42 PM

She already DID play a professional man.

So.... maybe she meant she would never again play a professional man.

njnetswill
08-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Am I the only one here that enjoys both men's and women's tennis? Of course trying to put the two tours against each other is stupid, but one can enjoy each in their own respects.

NyGeL
08-13-2005, 02:58 AM
I think that any TOP 50, even in a bad day would beat serena.

Any TOP 100 in a "normal" day also

Mistaflava
08-13-2005, 04:12 AM
You guys are all confused. Venus Williams already played against a man. She beat Serena on more than one occasion.

Pureracket
08-13-2005, 05:19 AM
LOL. .. isn't this whole discussion simply giving credit to Serena, though? It's soooo obvious that Federer could beat her, think about it, Serena's not even #1 on the tour. Isn't the #1 spot between L. Davenport and Maria Sharapova. Certainly, they're names should be pit against the ATP's #1, right? Nope, Serena J. Willliams' name is.

It speaks volumes that people, especially her non-fans, spend energy even imagining the match.

In our minds, we're all saying that she is still the best player. Gee, no wonder her endorsements hit the roof

El Legenda
08-13-2005, 05:53 AM
In our minds, we're all saying that she is still the best player. Gee, no wonder her endorsements hit the roof

he opps she is terrible, looks like a baseball player of roids. just sick.

Pureracket
08-13-2005, 06:30 AM
he opps she is terrible, looks like a baseball player of roids. just sick.
;)

Lalitha
08-13-2005, 01:12 PM
This kind of threads were not seen for sometime... season begins again.

madmanfool
08-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Venus once played a man
The man was at the end of his career, he smoked, and was ranked outside the top 200

He won very easily

PamV
08-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I Just thought that I would share some delusional thoughts on WTAWORLD.com

Some people actually believe that Serena would take him to 3-4 games in a set!!! :cuckoo:

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=184387

enjoy!

Serena's not guaranteed to even beat any woman player......let alone the #1 male player. The only way she'd be winning some games from Roger would be if he was taking it as an exhibition match and for entertainment purposes he'd let her win some.

for-sure
08-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Venus herself said that playing her hitting partner made her more "humble" because she had a hard time winning 1 point to his 24. . Kim said she couldn't hit a winner against her boyfriend.END OF DISCUSSION

darnyelb
08-13-2005, 09:43 PM
LOL. .. isn't this whole discussion simply giving credit to Serena, though? It's soooo obvious that Federer could beat her, think about it, Serena's not even #1 on the tour. Isn't the #1 spot between L. Davenport and Maria Sharapova. Certainly, they're names should be pit against the ATP's #1, right? Nope, Serena J. Willliams' name is.

It speaks volumes that people, especially her non-fans, spend energy even imagining the match.

I think it's because Serena Williams, even if she hasn't been the best player in the world for years, would be the absolute best of the women's tour if everything came together for her again. I see no indication that any woman now is going to even approach the form Williams possessed back in '02-'03.

K-Dog
08-14-2005, 12:09 AM

Because people know that at her best, Serena is miles better than Maria and Lindsay!! Serena is the best athlete along with her sister on the women's tour when they are fully fit, PERIOD!! We all know that Roger would toy with Serena on the court and blitz her 6-0 6-0. Her second serve would get pumbled. The only reason why people said Serena was because of how hard she serves for a women, how hard she hits the ball off the ground for a women, and how quick she is when fit for a women. Serena's power on the men's tour is comparable to Hingis' power on the women's tour. Serena would struggle on the men's challenger circuit and on against college guys. Men's and women's tennis are two totally different games. Heck, in high school I play against guys that can serve almost as fast as Serena.

YoursTruly
08-14-2005, 02:42 AM
I think it's because Serena Williams, even if she hasn't been the best player in the world for years, would be the absolute best of the women's tour if everything came together for her again. I see no indication that any woman now is going to even approach the form Williams possessed back in '02-'03.

Roids help. haha jk. No but seriously, I don't think she's the best. She maybe was for a small time when she was no.1 but it's because people didn't really know her game and how to play such a bashing only game. The WTA was full of natural talent and variety at the time the sisters (esp serena) were rising that they suddenly had to deal with this artificial tennis that is painful. And you know, unforced errors are a part of the game too. If you keep making them while playing your typical game, you're not the best. If you play winning constructive points constantly with low unforced errors throughout your career, that's what makes you a champion or a valid no.1.

Mistaflava
08-14-2005, 03:41 AM
doesn't matter. Comparing women's tennis to men's tennis would be like comparing a pile of dog shit to a hot chick.

World Beater
08-14-2005, 04:26 AM
You Fuck Brain....

Baggin the WTA is nothing new to MTF. Get used to it.

ServeAlready81
08-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Roids help. haha jk. No but seriously, I don't think she's the best. She maybe was for a small time when she was no.1 but it's because people didn't really know her game and how to play such a bashing only game. The WTA was full of natural talent and variety at the time the sisters (esp serena) were rising that they suddenly had to deal with this artificial tennis that is painful. And you know, unforced errors are a part of the game too. If you keep making them while playing your typical game, you're not the best. If you play winning constructive points constantly with low unforced errors throughout your career, that's what makes you a champion or a valid no.1.

I always find it funny when people dis the Williams sisters. Interesting how both sisters THIS YEAR have won slams despite playing 'artificial tennis'

Lebowski
08-14-2005, 07:11 AM
The real question is who has the bigger penis.

Clijsters has a better chance then Serena

LuckyAC
08-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Williams lost 6-1 to Karsten Braasch, so I am doubting she would get more than a few points off of Federer.

Black Adam
08-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Williams lost 6-1 to Karsten Braasch, so I am doubting she would get more than a few points off of Federer.
Exactly, though in that match she hit some shots which would be sure winners on the WTA Tour, Braasch easily got them back;)
I like Serena but I don't see her beating someone in the top 100.

Mistaflava
08-14-2005, 11:15 AM
The real question is who has the bigger penis.

Clijsters has a better chance then Serena

:haha:

Saumon
08-14-2005, 11:18 AM
hmmm... pathetic i would say :)

Sidneygod
08-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Serena is like Mike Tyson, apart from Serena is probably even more masculine.

star
08-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Venus once played a man
The man was at the end of his career, he smoked, and was ranked outside the top 200

He won very easily

Serena played him too. :)

Karsten's claim to fame. It is an hilariously funny story as he tells it.

I think Venus and Serena were still in beads at that point, so I'm sure they've realized their mistake and won't make it again.

It's just CRAZY to me that some people still think that an EXTREMELY good woman could beat someone in the top ten let alone the dominant number one guy who easily can beat practically every other man on the tour. :lol: :lol:

Pureracket
08-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Serena played him too. :)

Karsten's claim to fame. It is an hilariously funny story as he tells it.

I think Venus and Serena were still in beads at that point, so I'm sure they've realized their mistake and won't make it again.

It's just CRAZY to me that some people still think that an EXTREMELY good woman could beat someone in the top ten let alone the dominant number one guy who easily can beat practically every other man on the tour. :lol: :lol:It's just amazing to me the lengths that you all are going to prove your points about Roger versus Serena.

It seems to me that most of you all on the ATP board and(like you, star) on the WTA Boards are simply using these threads to show your true feelings towards Serena. Weird. :confused:

She is better than your precious Hingis. Let it go. . .let it go.

Bolar Bolabi
08-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Hahahahaha. This is a classic thread.

Women's tennis is a joke.

With that said, all you girls out there, don't be put off by me. I'm a decent man!

Mistaflava
08-14-2005, 01:26 PM
real women watch men's tennis

dykes watch women's tennis

Sidneygod
08-14-2005, 01:28 PM
real women watch men's tennis

dykes watch women's tennis

I watch womens tennis, but only when Maria plays.

nhissan
08-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I watch womens tennis, but only when Maria plays.
pathetic :rolleyes:

Experimentee
08-14-2005, 01:53 PM
This thread is just a pathetic attempt to bash Serena and womens tennis. Here at MTF you like to ridicule wtaworld a lot, but if you read threads like this its really not much better here :rolleyes:

lau
08-14-2005, 01:57 PM
This thread is just a pathetic attempt to bash Serena and womens tennis. Here at MTF you like to ridicule wtaworld a lot, but if you read threads like this its really not much better here :rolleyes:
:worship: :yeah:

des li
08-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Do you mean for Federer to beat Serena 6-0, 6-0 on her good days? That's easy, he can do that twice over! (He'd even able to do that vs. Hewitt)

Becool
08-14-2005, 09:46 PM
why are we discussing serena here? she belongs in wtaworld!!

Just for you to see the impact she has..
There is another user bringin her name in the 'Rafa Perfection Body' thread.. oh well :o

Experimentee
08-15-2005, 02:15 AM

Sidneygod bad repped me and called me a nigger for making that post :lol:

lau
08-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Sidneygod bad repped me and called me a nigger for making that post :lol:
:scratch: So that was a good rep, right?? I mean...if someone that says that gives you a bad rep.... ;)

Paialii
08-15-2005, 04:07 AM
I'm not sure what's more pathetic, really: the assumption that Serena Williams has a shot in hell at winning more than a game off of Federer in a three-set match, or some of the worst "back-up" statements made in this thread. All I've really seen, mind a few of you, is "Serena's a man" and "Women's tennis sucks" and worthless crap like that.

As someone who respects Serena for more than her tennis game alone (which right now is on the rocks due to injury, mind you, she's still THE player to beat when she's fit and healthy and once she finally does get back into shape and playing again, she's by far the Federer of women's tennis), but also for just how much she's influenced the women's game, I can still say that I know Serena doesn't have a shot against any man in the top 50-100, not even the 02-03 dominating Serena.

However, at the same time I think it's pointless to sit here and insult the most successful fully-active women's tennis player who she herself knows that she doesn't have a shot against a pro men's player. She grew up hitting against her sister and much older men, and that's probably the only reason why VERY early on in her career she agreed to even play a pro men's player.

It's not fair to say the women's game sucks because they cannot compete with men. Comparing the two is like comparing women's softball to major league baseball. It's completely different -- the players, the way its played, everything.

Typically the people that start threads like the one at WTAWorld (which I saw the other day and laughed at and ignored) aren't people who understand the technical sides to the game at all, but rather look at the fact that Serena Williams at her best is the best women's player/athlete in the game and don't realize that on the men's side it's a totally different level.

Rather than see Serena play Federer, I'd like to see the two of them play mixed doubles just for the hell of it. I figured he'd enter mixed with her before he'd enter main doubles with Roddick. ;)

star
08-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Hey! The person who was making fun of Serena is the Serena fan who started the thread in WTA World and the posters who thought Serena could beat Federer or even take a set off of him. No need to preach to the posters here that Men and women's tennis is very much different. The men's game is just so much technically better than the women's game. (however it isn't the the difference between women's softball and major league baseball because there the equipment and the rules are different -- also the pitching.)

I think most people are laughing at Serena's delusional fans rather than Serena. Of course, a few are making fun of Serena too, but most aren't.

But one thing you've got wrong in your post is that make it sound as if someone asked Serena to play a male professional player and she "agreed" to do it. That's not correct at all. Venus and Serena went to the men's locker room in Australia looking for a male player because they thought they could match up fairly well. In fact they had seen someone on the practice courts they thought they would match up well against.... Clavet. :haha: When the players there laughed at them, Karsten Braach "agreed" to humor them (he had just come in from playing a round of tennis and knocking back a beer or two) Just thought you should know that she didn't just "agree." She was actively looking for a male player to give her a match.

star
08-15-2005, 04:27 AM
:scratch: So that was a good rep, right?? I mean...if someone that says that gives you a bad rep.... ;)

Very funny! :yeah:

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-15-2005, 04:31 AM
women's tennis rocks. don't hate y'all

star
08-15-2005, 04:33 AM
Is it hating to prefer the men's game to the women's? I wouldn't pay money to go to a tournament that had only women. I do enjoy women's tennis, but more for the personalities and the drama rather than for the quality of the tennis.

Sinnet
08-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Speaking of the quality of women's tennis...

I couldn't help but notice this past week as I watched matches from the JPMorgan Chase tournament on the WTA side that women make SO MANY more unforced errors than men. Why? The men seem to have long rallies ended usually by forced errors or winners. You'd think since technique is taught the same way on men and women, the rallies would be similar, just with less pace on the women's side. The quality on the women's side is quite pathetic.

World Beater
08-15-2005, 06:06 AM
Speaking of the quality of women's tennis...

I couldn't help but notice this past week as I watched matches from the JPMorgan Chase tournament on the WTA side that women make SO MANY more unforced errors than men. Why? The men seem to have long rallies ended usually by forced errors or winners. You'd think since technique is taught the same way on men and women, the rallies would be similar, just with less pace on the women's side. The quality on the women's side is quite pathetic.

rios and krajicek would agree with you :haha: