PHM defeats Beck 6-1, 6-2 in less than 1h15min, reach his first semi in a MS... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

PHM defeats Beck 6-1, 6-2 in less than 1h15min, reach his first semi in a MS...

delsa
08-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Well done Paulo! :yeah: You kept the good form! :D
On to the semi-finals in a MS for the first time in your career! :worship:
It was harder than the score shows but he played smartly and as the match went on Beck began to get frustrated and play badly. His serve saved him at numerous times too.

Beck :hug:

Do your best in the semis Paulo! You'll have nothing to loose and you like that! ;)

silverwhite
08-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Good job, Paulo! He was tight at the start, but started to relax after saving those 2 BPs. :yeah: Admittedly, Beck played horribly.

Raise it in the semis, Paulo! :D

1sun
08-12-2005, 05:23 PM
the semi line ups are going to be a joke.

LaTenista
08-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Paul-Henri is definitely grabbing onto my heart and not letting go! Now he'll get the SE into Cincinnati so I get to see you play next week. :D

oneandonlyhsn
08-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Paulo http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/6.gif

His serve was very solid today but his game wasnt. He needs to step it up big time in the semis.
Poor Beck he looked fatigued, but he is a very talented player. Why we never see more matches with players like him is beyond me :rolleyes:

onewoman74
08-12-2005, 05:25 PM
That is awesome!!!! Good for PHM...now get to the final!!

Scotso
08-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Congrats Paulo :)

Karol :crying2: He was probably really tired from his last two matches.

Nimomunz
08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Paul-Henri is definitely grabbing onto my heart and not letting go! Now he'll get the SE into Cincinnati so I get to see you play next week. :D
yep latched on with an iron grip to mine too!!

MariaV
08-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Paulo served solid today! Not a brilliant match but ... let's say solid. :D Beck's serve on the other hand was MIA today. Well done Paulo, he got over the tight moments! :yeah:
ALLEZ PAULO!!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :banana: :bigclap: :yippee: :bounce:

Ome
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Congrats Paulo :)

Karol :crying2: He was probably really tired from his last two matches.

That must be the case. Too bad for Beck...

ALLEZ PAULO!! :angel:

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Okay, it wasn't 0 and 0 as I called, but close enough ;)

The best part of the match? The interview afterwards! Rah! J'aime le french accent!

Mistaflava
08-12-2005, 05:45 PM
wow...Davydenko must really suck. I'm happy for PHM but something tells me this is a once in a lifetime thing.

adelaide
08-12-2005, 05:46 PM

The best part of the match? The interview afterwards! Rah! J'aime le french accent!
Moi aussi! :hearts:

joyk
08-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow he`s having a great week!:bounce:

kundalini
08-12-2005, 05:47 PM
I'd really like to see him win the tournament - he is playing out of his skin.

Can he keep it up for 2 more matches?

Aleksa's Laydee
08-12-2005, 05:48 PM
WOW hes doing so well :eek: :yeah:

Nimomunz

:topic:
it reminds me of nights in montreal drunk out my mind trying to chat up the very dashing bouncer. ooh l'amour. i miss montreal!!

Nimomunz

me too!!

User id 7816
08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
whoa, well done Mathieu! whoever faces this frenchman in the semi is going to have a HARD TIME.

onewoman74
08-12-2005, 05:52 PM

Let's hope so...

Mistaflava
08-12-2005, 05:54 PM
congrats to PHM but Nadal will win in 2 sets

uNIVERSE mAN
08-12-2005, 06:10 PM
He'll probably win the tournament, more often than not canada has the most unlikely players getting deep into their draws.

C3PO
08-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Very solid match by Paulo :D

alfonsojose
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
PHM :drool: Voulez vous couchez avec moi ?

NYCtennisfan
08-12-2005, 07:20 PM
I REALLY want PHM to win this tournament. He is doing a Federer/Agassi/Nadal impersonation right now by storming through the field. He has been unbelieveably solid on his serve, return, and groundstrokes.

silverwhite
08-12-2005, 07:23 PM
As much as I like Paulo, a lot of you are overreacting. He didn't play all that well in this match. Beck was giving him easy DFs and errors left and right. Paulo did enough to win.

He'll probably lose to Nadal in straight sets (the "love and love" Rebecca's been dreaming about) but I hope he proves me wrong. ;)

nobama
08-12-2005, 07:23 PM
I REALLY want PHM to win this tournament. He is doing a Federer/Agassi/Nadal impersonation right now by storming through the field. He has been unbelieveably solid on his serve, return, and groundstrokes.
I hope so too. How does he match up against Rafa? I certainly hope better than Puerta.

delsa
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
As much as I like Paulo, a lot of you are overreacting. He didn't play all that well in this match. Beck was giving him easy DFs and errors. Paulo did enough to win.

Chloe: The next match will be love and love. To Nadal. ;)
I agree with you (even about the love and love stuff :p ). But some of those errors were forced by Mathieu who i believed changed his tactic to play him seing how hard it was at the start. He played smartly and bothered Beck a lot. ;) Did you see the match Silverwhite?

silverwhite
08-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I agree with you (even about the love and love stuff :p ). But some of those errors were forced by Mathieu who i believed changed his tactic to play him seing how hard it was at the start. He played smartly and bothered Beck a lot. ;) Did you see the match Silverwhite?

I did. Those errors on BPs by Beck. :o

Paulo played OK, but he has to play much better tomorrow. I'm wondering why a lot of people think he's "on fire".

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2005, 07:29 PM
As much as I like Paulo, a lot of you are overreacting. He didn't play all that well in this match. Beck was giving him easy DFs and errors left and right. Paulo did enough to win.

He'll probably lose to Nadal in straight sets (the "love and love" Rebecca's been dreaming about) but I hope he proves me wrong. ;)
Paulo wins 0 and 0! Fo shizzle!

Seriously, I don't care who wins this that much. I would probably root for Paul Henri a bit more of not for the fact that I want the Nadal HATAS to eat hardcourt.

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I did. Those errors on BPs by Beck. :o

Paulo played OK, but he has to play much better tomorrow. I'm wondering why a lot of people think he's "on fire".
Because they think he's hot? Or because he doesn't usually win 3 matches in a row at a MS? *scratches head*

Nimomunz
08-12-2005, 07:34 PM
or becuse we saw some of his matches and are marveled at the way he is playing!

delsa
08-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Maybe because they didn't see the match. :shrug: He was not "on fire" anymore. He "controlled", being smart and solid. That's completely different.

silverwhite
08-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Because they think he's hot? Or because he doesn't usually win 3 matches in a row at a MS? *scratches head*

In your case, the former applies. Not sure about the others. :p

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Are you calling me a bopper!

Oh no you di'int!

rofe
08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
F**kers are not showing the PHM - KB match after the Rafa-Puerta match. Instead they are showing the AA match from yesterday.

PMac is all over Rafa. His mouth is open and he is ready to "service" Rafa. Sickening! Keeps calling him an animal. We get your lust for Rafa, Pmac. Keep your thoughts to yourself dammit!

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Maybe because they didn't see the match. :shrug: He was not "on fire" anymore. He "controlled", being smart and solid. That's completely different.
Is it? If you're not used to seeing said player be smart and solid because they haven't been on TV all that much recently - probably because they haven't been making MS semifinalis- I can see why one might say he was on fire ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2005, 07:37 PM
F**kers are not showing the PHM - KB match after the Rafa-Puerta match. Instead they are showing the AA match from yesterday.

PMac is all over Rafa. His mouth is open and he is ready to "service" Rafa. Sickening! Keeps calling him an animal. We get your lust for Rafa, Pmac. Keep your thoughts to yourself dammit!
Keep up the good work, Pmac!

delsa
08-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Is it? If you're not used to seeing said player be smart and solid because they haven't been on TV all that much recently - probably because they haven't been making MS semifinalis- I can see why one might say he was on fire ;)
Maybe, that's it! :worship: :lol:

Lee
08-12-2005, 07:47 PM

Which I'm not surprised. ;)

I finally had to hit the mute button in the 2nd set.