Andre beats Kiefer right now!!! 6-4, 5-1!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andre beats Kiefer right now!!! 6-4, 5-1!!!

Gigan
08-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Coooooooooooooooooool, Andre !!!

N. Kiefer -4 1

A. Agassi 6 5

bad gambler
08-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Gigan, could you not have waited one more game? ;)

Gigan
08-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Final score will be

N. Kiefer -4 2

A. Agassi 6 6

Gigan
08-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Gigan, could you not have waited one more game? ;)

no ;)

AZILANA
08-12-2005, 02:12 AM
i admit im a little bit worried for andre, but as he's proven time and time again, when he is on, he's on... he never face a breakpoint ithe the first set.... kiefer's disgusted with himself....

way to go, andre....

mangoes
08-12-2005, 02:34 AM
Nice Job Andre.

I really want Andre to win, but I don't know if he can take on Nadal.

disturb3d
08-12-2005, 02:51 AM
Nice Job Andre.

I really want Andre to win, but I don't know if he can take on Nadal.Both players like to trade crosscourt. In this case Andre's bh to Nadal's fh.
Andre likes to hit off the bounce and flatten out ball. Whereas Nadal likes to essentially lob his forehands with spin. Agassi's game will be affected...

NYCtennisfan
08-12-2005, 03:58 AM
AGassi looked really good tonight. Nadal leaves that FH side quite open since he knows he can retrieve anything but that's a tough way to play against AGassi because he will punish you crosscourt with that BH all day and then take the response early to Nadal's BH making him run. I would LOVE to see this match so I hope it happens.

rofe
08-12-2005, 04:10 AM
Agassi played really well tonight. I am glad since he looked shaky against Jonas.
He was quite patient and waited for his opportunities and was hitting the ball cleanly. It seemed like a clay court match because most of the times he got an error from Keifer instead of hitting a winner !

Gaudio will be an equally tough opponent so hope he keep this tempo up.

Neely
08-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Too bad :o ...Kiefer can't win like that, winning only two hands full of receiving points over the whole match and having virtually no chance in any service game of Agassi. He also served like shit, like the whole week already, he needs around 60% serves as an optimum. Maybe you can win with 45% serve percentage against Dent or Massu, but not against somebody playing that well and to whom you lost five times in a row before.

At least this week for Kiefer looked better than the loss against Rusedski from Indianapolis.

Overall, I don't think it was spectacular, Agassi was too good and he came much too early for my liking in this third round already. I hope for more friendly draws for Kiefer in Cincy and US Open.

Adman
08-12-2005, 10:51 AM
I think that we will have an Andre V Nadal final lets hope.

RonE
08-12-2005, 11:01 AM
AGassi looked really good tonight. Nadal leaves that FH side quite open since he knows he can retrieve anything but that's a tough way to play against AGassi because he will punish you crosscourt with that BH all day and then take the response early to Nadal's BH making him run. I would LOVE to see this match so I hope it happens.

Same here. Out of all the remaining players in the draw I think Agassi has the best tools with which to deal with piggy on a hardcourt. Having said that, it doesn't nencessarily mean he will prevail. Although Nadal and Rios are like apples and oranges I remember how Rios used to toy with Agassi hitting those venomous crosscourt forehands which got up to Andre's backhand and then being able to change direction with the ball and smack it down the line to Andre's forehand side. Should this match materialize (and I for one dearly hope it does!) my main concern would be does Agassi have enough stamina for 20+ stroke rallies on a consistent basis and maintain it on a high enough level to put piggy under pressure.

suus21
08-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Andre will win from NAdal if he can makes it to the final. Andre will (must) use his backhand down the line which is much better than Nadal's.

Billabong
08-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, Nadal VS Agassi and Agassi the winner would be awesome:D!!! (for me:))

Experimentee
08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Andre :woohoo:

RebelNYC
08-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I want to see Andre defeat Nadal in the final, and I think he can do it! I think Andre will have the stamina to get thru the match and win! I hope so! GO ANDRE GO!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I was very impressed by Kiwi's behavior, :eek: never thought he had such bad temper on court. :eek:

Way to go Andre! :rocker2:

YoursTruly
08-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I watched the match live. Great job by Andre, as usual. As for Andre possibly winning the whole Montreal tourney, I have believed in that since the draw was announced and since Roger withdrew and nos. 2 and 3 (Andy and Lleyton) were ousted. You know, I think this is becoming meant for Andre. Don't no.4 and no.1 meet if 2 and 3 are out? But it would be a great final if it was Agassi vs. Nadal, maybe more than a final, more like a show because of the era vs. era aspect. It'll be hard but for sure I'll cheer for Andre!