Anyone follow fashion/modelling world? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone follow fashion/modelling world?

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Throw away your Louis Vuitton knock-off. This is for people in the know.

Can you define haute-couture? Can you pronounce Hermès? Do you know other models besides Gisele?

just curious if high fashion-savvy people exist on this board. And watching America's Next Top Model IS acceptible, although, it's pretty crap

Saumon
08-11-2005, 07:47 PM
of course i can pronounce hermes, I'm French :p

Nimomunz
08-11-2005, 07:56 PM
i dont go to hermes any more OPrah told me not ot!! :p

Nikki♥
08-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Of course do I know other models besides Gisele. She's cool but definitely not the prettiest of them all. My favorite from her country woman definitely is Adriana Lima, she's got such a special kind of exotic beauty. Her model agency, as far as I know, is Elite Model Management and they are based in New York City and she has worked for Guess, bebe and many, many others.

http://www.kmmod.net/alima/fashion/original/fashion068.jpg
Adriana Lima

Karolina Kurkova is another fave of mine, she's a 21 years old Czech model and is signed with Why not? (Milan). She has modeled for Dolce & Gabbana and other famous fashion labels.

http://kkurkova.kmmod.com/fashion/original/fa090.jpg
Karolina Kurkova

Actually there are so many models that I find cool like Molly Sims, Daniela Pestova and Lujan Fernandez.

And yeah, I know how to pronounce Hermés although I'm not really into shopping there. I would consider myself as a Prada, D&G and Dior addict.

Does that mean I know a lot about the fashion and modelling world, Mrs. Guga? :p

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-12-2005, 03:50 PM
i dont go to hermes any more OPrah told me not ot!! :p

LOL!!!!

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Princesa, I like Brasilian models too. I really like Alessandra Ambrosio, Victoria Secret as well, of course. But I think no woman on this planet is more gorgeous than Caroline Ribeiro.

Yes, Princesa, you definitely seem to know a lot. That is cool. Do you have any favorite designers???

GermanBoy
08-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Why follow? I am part of it! :p

adelaide
08-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Natalia Vodianova is the "most beautiful girl in the world", to quote Mr. Tom Ford :inlove:

I miss Mr. Tom Ford as Gucci's creative director. He did such a good job :awww:

Nikki♥
08-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Why follow? I am part of it! :p

GermanBoy is a trendsetter. :p

Nikki♥
08-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Princesa, I like Brasilian models too. I really like Alessandra Ambrosio, Victoria Secret as well, of course. But I think no woman on this planet is more gorgeous than Caroline Ribeiro.

Yes, Princesa, you definitely seem to know a lot. That is cool. Do you have any favorite designers???

I like Dolce & Gabbana a lot. My other faves are Prada and Dior. What are your favorite designers?

Alessandra Ambrosio is beautiful too, Gisele Bündchen doesn't come close to her, Adriana and some others. It's just a pity that most people think of her when they hear about Brazilian models because she's the most popular one. A lot of people who don't care too much about fashion know her through her relationship with Leonardo DiCaprio and the more or less successful movie she starred in.

alfonsojose
08-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Nicole Pratt is a top model in Australia :p

Catchie
08-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I watch ANTM. I'm from Holland, cycle 3 is now on -- last four is the episode up next and i have seen cycle 1 and 2 also :p But I can pronounce Hermès and I know other models than Gisèle (Tyra Banks :lol: J/K )

I also watch Oprah but where behind and it's being repeated over and over again.... haven't seen the one she's telling not to go to Hermes :p Love Nate Berkus though :drool: Those episodes can't be repeated enough for me ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-13-2005, 03:22 PM
i love Nate Burkus too. I hate crushing on gay guys though. lol

Nikki♥
08-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Nicole Pratt is a top model in Australia :p

Really? I thought she was just a tennis player.

Nikki♥
08-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Personally I can't stand male models, they are just too greasy for my liking. I prefer the "guy next door" type of men. If a man was too perfect he would rather scare me off than appeal to me.

Catchie
08-14-2005, 07:59 PM
i love Nate Burkus too. I hate crushing on gay guys though. lol
Yeah, it's really too bad that he's gay lol. But still, he can come and decorate my room any time :p

Lucie
08-14-2005, 09:57 PM
i love fashion!!

i used to have tv moda so i used to watch fashion shows all the time. In my opinion the russian/eastern european models are stunning eg Daria Werbowy

my favourite labels/designers are - chloe, marc jacobs and sportmax

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Daria is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! but i thought she was canadian???

Lucie
08-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Daria is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! but i thought she was canadian???

she was born in the ukraine and moved to canada when she was little, or both her parents are ukrainian - something like that!

adelaide
08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Canada's been pretty strong in the modelling industry these days...... :) I like Jessica Stam.

Princesa, since you like Adriana Lima, what do you think about her ShinyLicious lip gloss ad campaign picture? It's bloody everywhere, but I think that's the most horrendous picutre of her ever.

In fact, I don't like top models doing that kind of ad campaigns.... Natalia Vodianova in that L'Oreal Pulse ad....... :eek: