Ancic will never accomplish anything [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ancic will never accomplish anything

croat123
08-11-2005, 08:01 PM
i'll always be a fan, but he has got to be the weakest player mentally to play at this level. whenever a draw opens up, he plays like shit. he only plays well when he's not expected to win. the only reason he finally won a title after 5 years on tour was because none of his opponents were any good. with the exception of the semis at wimbledon (which were thanks to malisse retiring and henman playing a terrible match), he hasn't made even the QF of a TMS or GS event. in the past few months it appears that he can't even convert of break points. 0 for 6 in the first set against rusedski (greg was 2 for 3) and the only reason he broke was because greg missed one of the easiest shots of all time and then double faulted. yesterday he was something like 1 for 11 in the last two sets. he can't get his serve in, he can't hit an easy volley (he does great on hard volleys), he can't ralley, he couldn't hit a forehand at 30-30 if his life depended on it, and he's never confident in himself and his abilities. :fiery:

TheBoiledEgg
08-11-2005, 08:06 PM
getting broken by Rusedski once is ok
twice silly
4 times ???? just embarrassing

the way he lost serve in 3rd :rolleyes:

croat123
08-11-2005, 08:08 PM
both times he lost serve in the third he hit 4 ues. all rusedski had to do was get the ball back. when it matters most he gets way too tentative and ends up making a stupid mistake.

croat123
08-11-2005, 08:16 PM
at wimbledon he was favored to make the semis. the moment he faced a half-decent opponent, he chicken out and choked. he hit like 20 dfs over 3 sets. then, in split against pavel he chocked. he was up a set and a break and playing the best tennis of his life and then totally fell apart despite having a million chances to win the match. and now this...pffff

i remember he once played fish and only lost like 3 points in the first set before he completely fell apart and lost that match as well

Nimomunz
08-11-2005, 08:19 PM
croat123 dont lose the faith :hug:

gooner88
08-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Don't forget Greg. He played a good match and thoroughly deserved the win.
That missed smash by Ancic to lose serve in the 3rd was the killer.
Well done Greg for making your first TMS QF in 4 years. :yeah:

name_change
08-11-2005, 08:38 PM
at least he'll always be hotter than greg. something greg never was.

Scotso
08-11-2005, 10:14 PM
You're not being a very good fan to say things like that.

El Legenda
08-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Ancic is more overrated then Roddick

jacobhiggins
08-11-2005, 11:24 PM
He's okay, he's not that good obiviously! Alot of players look good when there playing well, but when there not playing there best there lost, that's what seperates the Great ones from the good ones, and the good ones from the just okays....did you guys get that? lol

NYCtennisfan
08-11-2005, 11:49 PM
You're not being a very good fan to say things like that.

He's just a frustrated fan and he has the right to vent. To lose serve 4 times to Rusedski on any surface with the type of serve that Ancic has is just inexusable.

jenanun
08-12-2005, 12:09 AM
ancic is definately overrated. i dont see anything special at all about him......
tbh, i dont really expect him to win greg today..... the only advantage he has over greg is he is a lot younger....

croat123
08-12-2005, 12:28 AM
not only is he way younger, he has a better fh, bh, volleys, and serve

he just was incapable of playing anywhere near his norm

bad gambler
08-12-2005, 12:31 AM
he makes a SF of Wimbledon and people start building him up to something he is not - he is still young so give him a chance

Mimi
08-12-2005, 03:13 AM
i am disappointing too, espeically lost to greg who bad mounted pete :mad: :mad: and who is so old :mad:

but i still will support ancic, he is still young, he has time to improve :cool:

drf716
08-12-2005, 04:12 AM
if there is anything that being a fan of any tennis player teaches you, it's that patience and hope is the key for not bitching.

federer express
08-13-2005, 02:43 AM
whenever a draw opens up, he plays like shit. he only plays well when he's not expected to win. the only reason he finally won a title after 5 years on tour was because none of his opponents were any good.

nice contradiction!

njnetswill
08-13-2005, 02:44 AM
What were you hoping he would accomplish?

Daniel
08-15-2005, 02:55 AM
I think Mario will win Wimbledon one day :)

World Beater
08-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Ancic is the new richard krajicek

Doctor Dance
08-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Ancic is the new richard krajicek

expect mario will never win a grand slam

World Beater
08-15-2005, 03:48 AM
expect mario will never win a grand slam

That's what everyone said about Richard and then boom, he beats pete and wins wimby out of nowhere.

They are both abt the same height, have good 1st serves but avg 2nd serves. Similar style of attacking the net. Both very talented but headcases at young age, and underachieved to a certain extent.

Richard lost a lot of time due to injuries, I hope ancic wont suffer the same fate because he is so tall

mp3junkie
08-15-2005, 05:15 AM
i'll always be a fan, but he has got to be the weakest player mentally to play at this level. whenever a draw opens up, he plays like shit. he only plays well when he's not expected to win. the only reason he finally won a title after 5 years on tour was because none of his opponents were any good. with the exception of the semis at wimbledon (which were thanks to malisse retiring and henman playing a terrible match), he hasn't made even the QF of a TMS or GS event. in the past few months it appears that he can't even convert of break points. 0 for 6 in the first set against rusedski (greg was 2 for 3) and the only reason he broke was because greg missed one of the easiest shots of all time and then double faulted. yesterday he was something like 1 for 11 in the last two sets. he can't get his serve in, he can't hit an easy volley (he does great on hard volleys), he can't ralley, he couldn't hit a forehand at 30-30 if his life depended on it, and he's never confident in himself and his abilities. :fiery:

Well damn, tell us how you really feel.