Seeking (At Least) Semifinal Success in CINCINNATI! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Seeking (At Least) Semifinal Success in CINCINNATI!

NicoFan
08-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Time to get psyched for Cincinnati!!!

205 points to defend, and needs to get to the semifinals to do that. :armed: But we'll take the finals too... ;)

In 2002, Fena lost in Canada and then went to the SFs in Cincinnati - so he can do this... :fiery:

olimpo
08-11-2005, 05:48 PM
The first important thing for Cincy is the draw and if he doesn't get a good one this time I think I will :explode:

I'm already nervous when I think about looking at the draw tomorrow, but the tennis gods just have to give him a good draw for Cincy and the USO to make up for all the crappy ones he has had this year :angel:

Good luck Fernando :kiss:

NicoFan
08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm already nervous when I think about looking at the draw tomorrow.

Me too... :eek:

Sparko1030
08-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Sadly I've given up on the notion Fernando will ever get a good draw. :banghead: I still hope he will but I am not optimistic. What has he done to deserve such continous bad luck I've no idea. But I have not given up on Fernando! I'm confident he'll deal with whatever draw he gets and do well in Cincy. :rocker:

enqvistfan
08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I think the result in Canada is due to the change of the conditions, the surface.. I think in Cincy, things will be better.

I have no luck, all my players have always had tough draw, all were unlucky. It's terrible !!

We all waiting the draw anxiously :scared:

Maybe, we should go to the church to burn a candle ??? or maybe make some voodoo !!! LOL

Papakori
08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Best of luck Gonzo :sad: Here's for a good draw :D

+alonso
08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Vamos Feña

Yes, I'm like in the other forum..:sad: 205 and 400 :eek:

I want a good draw

Fergie
08-12-2005, 03:58 AM
Vamos Feña, I'm praying for a good draw here ;)

Vamos Feńa
08-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Well God please help Fernando with achieving a good result here ok? Pls do it for Fernando! He needs your help!
I'm also quite nervous :unsure: although I'm used to get nervous while watching Gonzo's or Lena Dementieva's matches on scb...
Fernando wish you a big result out there!Just think of that great 2002 and that you play for Chile - a great country with friendly and nice people!

Aguante_el_Gato
08-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Vamos Feña

Yes, I'm like in the other forum..:sad: 205 and 400 :eek:

I want a good drawPerhaps I am mistaken, but I believe that FEÑA would be 17th in Cinci list. With any retirement after main draw, he would take a place between the seedings.
What do you think about Agassi ? (then he could enter like 7th)

NicoFan
08-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe that FEÑA would be 17th in Cinci list. With any retirement after main draw, he would take a place between the seedings.

Unless Andre gets injured in Montreal, he won't drop out of Cincy. He likes it there. He'll rest the week between Cincy and the US Open.

I think that iIf anyone drops out, it will be Safin.

Aguante_el_Gato
08-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Unless Andre gets injured in Montreal, he won't drop out of Cincy. He likes it there. He'll rest the week between Cincy and the US Open.

I think that iIf anyone drops out, it will be Safin.probably you are right, but what makes me doubt it is: if nowadays, the AA physicist is prepared to support two MS in a row (and in way to the title in the first one, although I trust in today GG possibilities ;) )

+alonso
08-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe that FEÑA would be 17th in Cinci list. With any retirement after main draw, he would take a place between the seedings.

Hope so..;) yeah i think he'll get it between the seeds ;) .....
Anyways I'm nervous..:unsure:

+alonso
08-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Agassi must be tired..... he's not in the middle 20's

NicoFan
08-12-2005, 08:16 PM
probably you are right, but what makes me doubt it is: if nowadays, the AA physicist is prepared to support two MS in a row (and in way to the title in the first one, although I trust in today GG possibilities ;) )

I really like Gaston - but like Andre too, and have to say that this time, I'm rooting for an Andre/Rafa final. The old man of tennis vs. the future #1. How much cooler can you get... :cool:

And have been watching Andre all week - doesn't appear tired in the least. In fact, he says that he's feeling more comfortable on court as the week goes on.

But Gaston still has a good shot - he's a great player and anything can happen.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-12-2005, 08:41 PM
God should give Feña a good draw in Cincy, :armed: I tell you! :boxing:
I think Andre runs not slowly,he is able to chase his opponent's drop shots.And I like Gaston too, ;) but Andre has to beat him! :rocker2:

Papakori
08-12-2005, 10:53 PM
In Round one, Gonzo plays a qualifier and then either Nalbandian or Pavel in round two

FelipeMIA89
08-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Great draw GONZO!!!!

NicoFan
08-12-2005, 11:27 PM
You think that playing David Nalbandian in the 2nd round is good? The man who made it to the SFs in the US Open a couple of years ago?

He's got a good first round, but then its sh*t in the 2nd. If he can get by David, then its back to okay again.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-12-2005, 11:35 PM
I think this draw is good too. :)
Nalby is a tough opponent,but he is so inconsistent, :aplot: Feña faces him is much better then against Federer in early round.

Vamos Gonzo! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

+alonso
08-13-2005, 02:38 AM
i love that smile :lol: ;)

Yes, Naldandian is very inconsistent like radicalgirl :hug: said .. i think feña is more mature now . and is prepared to face a tournament better ;)

Good luck..

GonzoFan
08-13-2005, 04:03 AM
i love that smile :lol: ;)

Yes, Naldandian is very inconsistent like radicalgirl :hug: said .. i think feña is more mature now . and is prepared to face a tournament better ;)

Good luck..

yeah I agree with you Alonso ... Gonzo is more mature now so I think he can beat Nalbandian in second round and he also wants to do well in Cincy ;)
but we all now that we must go one match at a time ...

GOOD LUCK GONZO !!!!!

when we will know who will be the qualifier ???

+alonso
08-13-2005, 04:35 AM
The Qualyfing round start tomorrow i think we will know that on sunday ;)

Sparko1030
08-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Well, it could be worse, could be better...Its better than Nico's draw this time and better than the draws he has been getting. Of course Nalbadian will be tough but I think Fena can come out ahead if he is playing his best which he has been of late (disregard Montreal please!). He also knows he has a lot of points to defend so hopefully that will motivate him but not make him too nervous. I can see Fena doing well in Cincy.

VAMOS Fernando!!! :rocker:

enqvistfan
08-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Yes, it could have been worse. I was a bit stressy this morning when I checked the draw. Nalbandian ? It's not impossible, I don't know him a lot, but it's not the most dangerous player from Argentina, so I think it should be ok. But, he's in the draw of players who made a good tournament in Montreal, so I hope that those players would be a bit tired :lol:

Now, before thinking of the second round, we should think to the first one. Who will play the qualifyings ?

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/422/QS.pdf

I see there are players like : Karlovic, Malisse, Koubek, Gambill, Clement, Llodra, Horna

Well, now, we hope that he won't have the best player from the qualifyings !!!

Anyway, as Sparko said, he'll be motivated to defend his points, so we can be confident and he has been frustrated from Montreal, so I'm sure he'll do his best.

Buena suerte Fernando !!!

Fergie
08-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't like the draw but if Nalbandian play like the last time Feña can beat him ;)

Vamos Feña, do your best! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

frula08
08-13-2005, 03:20 PM
i think is a hard draw for feña and for nalbandian, but feña always has problems with the argentinian players, i dont know why, remember his semis with coria in miami 2004, he had lot of match points and he recognised that got a little nervous, even scared, this year in Dusseldorf with gaudio happens soething similar, he was 4-1 up in the first set.
i remember the last nalbandian-gonzalez in australia, feña was 7-6 3-0 and then he won 7 of the last 26 games played.
but he is much more mature now and with more confidence, he is playing good in hard courts, and lost to a very dangerous player like mirnyi.
we will see if he can handle the pressure o playing with an argentinian, i think he is ready now.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Not bad draw hopefully he can do well here :D

GonzoFan
08-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Gonzo will not play doubles ... I think he heard us ...
Nico is playing with Travis Parrot from the USA

GonzoFan
08-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Horacio : "Fernando likes to play here at night and if he is not in the doubles he has more possibilities of playing late. For that reason we decided that he will only play singles"

Gonzo said that he wanted to play with Nico in doubles but Horacio took this decision because De La Peña thinks Feña has also more chances of doing well in Cincy and make it to the top ten soon if he doesn't spend time playing doubles

What do you guys think ???

I think it's a great decision ;)

enqvistfan
08-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Thank you for the information Gonzo Fan, I think it's a good idea at least for that tournament, to not play the doubles. This week is very important for him, a lot of points to defend, so he must have been focused on that tournament and if he goes far, he'll be less tired. Now, I hope he'll go far.

olimpo
08-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, it's a fine line with whether playing doubles is good or not; sometimes in the past I had the feeling it helped him for his singles matches but then again there were tournaments when it seemed to be the other way round.

I'm sure they know what they are doing and so it's a good decision and I just hope that it is the best for Fernando and that he'll go really far next week.

Good luck, Fernando!!! :kiss:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Clever decision! :clap2:
Even he playes really well,but they don't broadcast the doubles match except a bit highlight in Olympics, :o so I always prefer my fave only to play the single match. :)

Best of luck to Feña! :smooch:

enqvistfan
08-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Yes, doubles can help but on tv the other day, they give the number of matches, some players play (singles & doubles), they mentionned Myrni, Gonzo and Nadal, and the number of matches was very high, especially for someone like Nadal. A few years ago, a player like Kafel played singles and doubles. As everyone said, it's a clever decision for this week because it's still great to see Gonzo playing in the doubles, especially to take smily pictures :) :)

FelipeMIA89
08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I think its a great decision! In some other tournaments I was worried Gonzo would get tired and not play his best in singles further in the draw. This is an important tournament for him. Best of luck. VAMOS!!!

+alonso
08-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Bravo Horacio :p !!!!!!!
Excelent

Sparko1030
08-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Like Olimpo I'm going to trust they know what they are doing. If its hot in Cincy ( and it very well could be) it is very wise. Overall I'm not so worried about Fernando getting too tired because he is wise enough to take a few breaks during the year. He'll skip a tournament here and there to recharge. For this tournment at this time of year it seems like a very good decision for Fena.

On an emotional level I think its too bad because everyone who sees Fena and Nico play togather say they are so cute togather and it would be neat if they made the Master in doubles but these kind of decisions cannot be made on emotion-players have to do whats best for them.

olimpo
08-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Fernando will play N. Djokovic in the first round. I have never seen him play and have no idea about him :confused: Does anyone know what kind of player he is?

¡Vamos Fernando! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

enqvistfan
08-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks Olimpo :) Fernando avoided the best players of the qualies, so it's a good thing, maybe it announces the luck for this tournament ?? I don't know Djokovic, here's a short bio on the ATP Website :
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playersearch=Djokovic

It's never easy to play a player we don't know.

But, we can be confident for this first round :)

Vamos Fernando :)

FelipeMIA89
08-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Gonzo will play the 4th match in Grandstand tommorow against Novak Djokovic! Lets me confident!

kitzfan
08-14-2005, 09:40 PM
All the Best for Cincinatti! may this be a special tournament! VAMOS!!!!

RogiFan88
08-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Djokovic is a big server who troubled Coria at RG... so beware, Fena, and just beat the guy... VAMOS, FENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olimpo
08-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Djokovic is a big server who troubled Coria at RG... so beware, Fena, and just beat the guy... VAMOS, FENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks RogiFan .....a big server :eek: that's what I was afraid of, but Fernando can do it!!! :p

¡Vamos Fernando! You can do it!!! :bigclap:

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 07:54 PM
A preview of the match (from terra.cl),
http://www.terra.cl/deportes/index.cfm?id_reg=527076&accion=tenis

I translate it :

Novac Djokovic, 19 years old. Fernando has to defend 250 points.

Fernando Gonzalez will start the match around 17.00 (Chile Time) vs Djokovic in the MS Cincy, 4th match on the Grand Stand.

The young player from Serbia, who has never played a tournament as a professional, will face el "bombardero" who will want to show all his experience to not have a tough match.

The racket from LA Reina has to defend on the US hard court the 250 points he gained with his bronze medal at the Olympic Games in Athènes, 2004

If he wins, González will face the winner of the match Nalbandian (12) and the player from Romania Pavel

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 09:29 PM
JCF finished his match, so now Fernando, mucha suerte !!!! You'll win that match Fernando !!!!!!!!! But, this time, no match on tv :( we have Coria vs Srichapan, maybe later !!! But, don't think so.

RogiFan88
08-15-2005, 09:48 PM
VAMOS, FENA!!! You have to win this match! If Juanqui can beat his nemesis Koubek, you can beat Djokovic! VAMOS!

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Now, the match is on tv :) but the player from Serbia is leading !!

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Fernando asked the trainer to come hope it's not serious. He stretches his left leg.

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 11:03 PM
1 set 1 - Fernando has just won the second set 7/6. He was led 2/4 in the second set, but came back. I was a bit worried by his injury but he played better at the end of the second set. So, now, third set, go Fernando, you can do it !!!!

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Gonzo won his first round :banana: but it won't be an unforgettable match, the most important is that Fernando won. But, it was a miracle. Hope he'll be better for wednesday, and hope that his injury isn't serious. The stats at the end of the match were all in favour of the Serbian, strange because gonzo won.

Get well Fernando and come back in a better shape on wednesday !!!

Bravo campeon, you have been courageous today !!

Good luck !!

FelipeMIA89
08-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Gonzo beat Novak Djokovic!! That was a complicated match... Well what matters is that he won. Vamos!!

FelipeMIA89
08-15-2005, 11:56 PM
He won 6-4 7-6 6-4!!!

enqvistfan
08-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Gonzo beat Novak Djokovic!! That was a complicated match... Well what matters is that he won. Vamos!!

YEs, complicated and strange. Gonzo didn't really play on Djokovic's serve, he hopefully made the break at the end of the match. And, he gave 100 % on his serve.

We'll see on wednesday, hope he'll feel better.

But, as you said, the most important is that he won.

olimpo
08-16-2005, 12:08 AM
OMG I was (and am still) so worried about him. Hope the injury is nothing serious, but I'm soooo glad he won.

Well done Fernando for winning this match.....very proud of you :worship:

Thanks for all the updates, Val :)

FelipeMIA89
08-16-2005, 12:17 AM
I think this is the best present Gonzo can give me in my birthday!! Thanks Gonzo for putting your heart in the match..

+alonso
08-16-2005, 12:46 AM
:eek: What a match !!!! At the first i was thinking the worst....:unsure: but when i saw him on fire i felt good... at the end we finally could saw the real feña.. hope all of this of his possible problem don't be a big deal......

GonzoFan
08-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I think this is the best present Gonzo can give me in my birthday!! Thanks Gonzo for putting your heart in the match..

First of all HAPPY B-DAY FelipeMIA :bdaycake:

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm sooooo happy and so proud for our Feña !!!! :woohoo: I was so worried for him ... hope he is ok for his match on Wendsday :yeah:
I don't know if someone else noticed this but Feña and Nico were really down in their matches in both matches there were no VAMOS ! or any kind of celebration :sad: ... Does anybody know if something happened to them ???
Hope there is nothing wrong with them

+alonso
08-16-2005, 02:27 AM

Happy Birthday Felipe :aparty:

+alonso
08-16-2005, 02:29 AM
oh totally.. i missed the vamos soo much :eek: nico didn't say anything and feña too

RogiFan88
08-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Tough matches for my sweet guys: Juanqui, Fena and Rogi but they all made it!! Now for even tougher 2nd rd matches. Keep going, my faves!!!

VAMOS, FENA!!!

Sparko1030
08-16-2005, 05:59 AM
:dance: He gave me a good scare but he fought back and won! Way to not give up Fena! Not pretty but like others have said a win is a win. And Gonzofan-I have no idea if something happened in their personal lives but I think perhaps just the pressure of defending their points from the Olympics may be weighing on them. Don't know for sure of course but it makes sense to me. I think its really taken a toll on them-esp Nico.

Hope you've had a great Birthday Felipe!!! :bigwave:

Papakori
08-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Happy birthday FelipeMIA89 :D

Hope everything is fine Gonzo :)

enqvistfan
08-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Happy birthday Felipe :)

Now, second round vs Nalbandian. Hope he'll recover !!

Some articles :

http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3308_5832_154387020,00.html
http://www.terra.cl/deportes/index.cfm?accion=tenis&id_reg=527125
http://www.tvndeportes.cl/detalle.asp?ID=180080&IDS=14

Vamos Feńa
08-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Happy B-day Felipe :D:D
And for Feńa it was a really tough match so I'm happy he managed to win it! I hope the injury isn't too serious and Feńa will play much better against David. Vamos Feńa!!! Let's go 4 another win! :D

Fergie
08-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Happy B-day Felipe :)

I'm happy beacuse Feña won today ... And good luck tomorrow against Nalbandian ;)

enqvistfan
08-16-2005, 08:42 PM
HEAD TO HEAD
NALBANDIAN - GONZALEZ
5 - 1
So, a huge advantage for David Nalbandian

Last meeting : 2005 Australian Open, Nalbandian won

Apparently, Nalbandian's game doesn't suit to Fernando, so I hope he'll change that tomorrow.

Vamos Fernando, you can do it :)

GonzoFan
08-16-2005, 09:09 PM
about the injury ... According to Horacio "it is a problem that starts in the pelvis and goes all the way down to the knee. He has this pain for some days but he will be ok for his next match".

olimpo
08-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know GonzoFan. I so hope that he'll be o.k. for his next match.....I'm so worried about him :sad:

Did you hear that on TV or was it in the newspapers?

GonzoFan
08-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks for letting us know GonzoFan. I so hope that he'll be o.k. for his next match.....I'm so worried about him :sad:

Did you hear that on TV or was it in the newspapers?

I'm really worried too ... I just hope he is fine :)

and I hear this in radio Cooperativa in an interview they had with Horacio and also in the newspaper El Mercurio is a part of the interview

olimpo
08-17-2005, 12:17 AM
I hear this in radio Cooperativa in an interview they had with Horacio and also in the newspaper El Mercurio is a part of the interview

Sparko1030
08-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Oh crap...Not only does Fena have to play Nalbandian but he has a real injury not just a muscle cramp. crap crap crap... :awww:

Well he can still win this one-hope his leg feels better. Tons of Good Luck to Nando!!! Just do your best ! :rocker:

enqvistfan
08-17-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the update. Yes, do your best in that match !!! It's sad that it happens to him right now.

Order of play for today :

Court 3 start 11:00 AM
F Gonzalez (CHI) vs (11)D Nalbandian (ARG)

(9)G Coria (ARG) vs (Q)L Horna (PER)
M Youzhny (RUS) vs T Berdych (CZE)
Friedl/Pavel vs Allegro/Federer
(Q)G Simon (FRA) vs C Moya (ESP)

Don't think I'll watch the match LIVE, cause there's a French player playing at the same time, so maybe, they'll prefer that match to broadcast, maybe, I'll have the match but not live. But to follow the match, I'll have to come back very fast from my work this evening.

olimpo
08-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Best of luck, Fernando!!! :kiss:

I know you'll do your best…….

¡Vamos! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

Fergie
08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Vamos Feña!!! :bounce:

I hate follow the matchs in sb :ras:

enqvistfan
08-17-2005, 02:09 PM
The tape is in the VCR if the French TV decides to broadcast the match, as I'll arrive at home 1h30 after the beginning. I wish a bit of rain to delay the match :)

But, I'll be behind the computer to follow the beginning.

I also hate following the match on scoreboard, so frustrating !!!

enqvistfan
08-17-2005, 04:28 PM
The match started but you can follow the scoreboard on the atp website, cause the cincy scoreboard doesn"'t work.

Nalbandian leads 3-0 :eek:

Go, Vamos Gonzo !!! Keep fighting !!!

RogiFan88
08-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Vamos, Fena!!!

You have to fight!!! I like Nalby too but I have a soft spot for Fena... vamos!!!!

Weather report anyone?? Is it still nasty out there?

khyber
08-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Woo Hoo !!!

GonzoFan
08-17-2005, 05:50 PM
FEÑA WON !!!! :woohoo:
I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY !!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
HE DID IT !!!!!!!! :woohoo:

3-6, 6-1, 6-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

KEEP IT UP GONZO !!!!!!!!!

VAMOS !!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

I LOVE YOU !!!!!!! :inlove:

User ID 4783
08-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Fernando won :woohoo:

Fergie
08-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Well done Feña, I'm so proud of you!!! :woohoo:

enqvistfan
08-17-2005, 06:03 PM
I heard on tv that Fernando won, GREAT !!!!!!!!!! Congrats, he showed that he was a fighter !!!! I have to admit that I had some doubts when I left my work.

On tv, we still have the French players, so not sure, that we'll have the match, maybe this evening.

Good luck for the next round Fernando !!! But not in three sets please, i'm going to have a heart attack !!!

Sparko1030
08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
:yippee: He won!!!! Honestly I was quite worried after the first set with his legs problems and all but boy did he fight back!!! Way to go Nando!!! :banana:

GonzoFan
08-17-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm so happy he won but so mad at chilean tv !!! :mad: they didn't show the match !!! :sad: first time in 2 or 3 years that Gonzo beats Nalby and they didn't show it :mad:
anyways ... I'M STILL VERY VERY HAPPY !!! :D

enqvistfan
08-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Maybe, they'll show the match later ?? I thought that Chilean TV broadcasted all the matches of the Chilean players. It has changed !! It is what I heard a few years ago !!

Vamos Feńa
08-17-2005, 07:09 PM
FEŃA!!!!! I'm so damn proud of you man! :D :worship: :worship: :banana: :banana:
That's an impressive win! :rocker:
Good luck in next match, vamos!! :D

------------
What's wrong with Fena's leg? :unsure:

+alonso
08-17-2005, 07:33 PM
:woohoo: I'm so happy guys !!!! :bounce: I saw the sb ar school and i saw a 36 and i said... OMG !! this's over.. and then i went home and i heard the news.... Fernando gonzalez won!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

:banana: Congrats

olimpo
08-17-2005, 07:51 PM
This is so great :woohoo:

Well done Fernando - so proud of you :worship: :worship:

I'm still a bit in shock to be honest because I never expected that after I've been worried about him so much, but am sooooo happy now :D

FelipeMIA89
08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Vamos GONZOO!!! You are a true fighter! Looks like you woke up in the second set. Awesome win!! His next rival will be eigther Nikolay Davydenko or Paul Henry Mathieu. He has a good record against them, but that dosent mean anything. Good luck and keep on winning!!

enqvistfan
08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Davydenko won 6/2 6/2. I wished a victory from Mathieu, cause the french tv would have broadcasted the match LIVE. Now, that this match is over, we have Federer, great :( I really wonder if I'll have the match before going to sleep !!!

HEAD TO HEAD

Davydenko leads 2-0
Last meeting : Rome 2004
All the meetings were on clay

SUERTE FERNANDO :)

enqvistfan
08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
I have maybe an explanation about the coverage of the match. The court number 3 is not covered by tv according to the commentators :( :( :(. On French tv, we are mainly on the Grandstand. So, I could wait my match LOL LOL So, no regrets. The most important is that he won.

olimpo
08-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I have maybe an explanation about the coverage of the match. The court number 3 is not covered by tv according to the commentators :( :( :(. On French tv, we are mainly on the Grandstand. So, I could wait my match LOL LOL So, no regrets. The most important is that he won.

That's what I was thinking as it was really strange that not even in Chile the match was shown, but as you say the most important thing is that he won it would have been nice to get to see it though ;)

So for tomorrow we have to hope that it will be either on CC or on Grandstand but of course most important that Fernando will be fit and be able to beat Davydenko.

FelipeMIA89
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Gonzo has beaten Nikolay Davydenko twice in the mini tournament before Wimbledon started. Vamos GONZO!! Thanks everybody for the b-day cheers!

Fergie
08-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Feña will beat Davydenko in the next round ... Vamos!!! :bounce:

GonzoFan
08-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Like Felipe said Gonzo has beaten Davydenko twice this year on grass so I think the head to head is tied 2-2
Davydenko only beat Feña in clay in 2004 and 2002

VAMOS GONZO !!!!!

+alonso
08-18-2005, 12:50 AM
I trust in Feña ;) he will do it :p
Vamos Vamos

RogiFan88
08-18-2005, 03:02 AM
VAMOS, FENA!!! Keep going!

What a great match today even tho I couldn't see it... he fought well vs. a guy who beats him all the time. I don't mind a guy losing the first set but winning the match [better than winning the first set and losing the match]. ;)

Sparko1030
08-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Good Luck Fernando against Davydenko!!! Keep on winning!!! :rocker:

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 06:58 AM
ORDER OF PLAY
Good chance to watch the match on tv !! This time, I won't need to run to arrive on time at home (like yesterday LOL)

Grandstand start 11:00 AM
(7)Bhupathi/Damm vs (WC)Morrison/Thomas

Not before 12:30 PM
(WC)G Monfils (FRA) vs M Youzhny (RUS)

(WC)R Ginepri (USA) vs C Moya (ESP)
(6)N Davydenko (RUS) vs F Gonzalez (CHI)

Not before 7:30 PM
(Q)L Horna (PER) vs J Acasuso (ARG)

GonzoFan
08-18-2005, 07:35 AM
I watched some highlights from Gonzo's match on tv and WOW !!!! he was playing unbelievable !!!! :worship: I'm so proud of him !!!! JUST KEEP IT UP GONZO !!!!

Vamos Feńa
08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Good luck Fernando against Nikolay! You can win it, vamos!!! :wavey:

olimpo
08-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I watched some highlights from Gonzo's match on tv and WOW !!!! he was playing unbelievable !!!! :worship: I'm so proud of him !!!! JUST KEEP IT UP GONZO !!!!

Wow this sounds fantastic :worship: Hope he can keep it up for his match today.

Vamos Fernando……you can do it!!! :bigclap: http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

Best of luck!!! :kiss:

Papakori
08-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Well Done Gonzo, keep up the good work

SuperRevelation
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Good luck today Gonzo!

RogiFan88
08-18-2005, 02:55 PM
VAMOS, FENA, get rid of that Davydorko... I'm so bored of him...

Fergie
08-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Vamos Feña, you can do it ... We believe in you!!! :bounce:

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Gonzo is about to start his match and French tv has just decided to show golf, I can't believe it :banghead:

Vamos Fernando !!!!

kitzfan
08-18-2005, 10:19 PM
What is going on whit this scoreboard???? :mad: I am sitting here, wondering why they do not start the match... and then i have just realized that they did and Fernando is one break down... :(

Vamos Fernando!!!! Fight, please! You can beat Davy!!! Please! Vamos, vamos!!!

FelipeMIA89
08-18-2005, 10:30 PM
If you go to cooperativa.cl you will see fernandos match in the right. Its a real-time scoreboard. VAMOS GONZO!!! Give him all you got!!

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 10:34 PM
You can watch the match on canal13.cl (not only scoreboard, you have the images, if you have real player)
Fernando called the trainer, he's injured at his right foot now. Bad !!

kitzfan
08-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the info Felipe and Enquistfan! I hate watching matches on scoreboards, but now I cannot miss following this one... I will try all these sites!
I hoped that this injury is not that serious as it seemed, but now I do not know what to think... I am just praying... and wishing...

kitzfan
08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
:tears: I just hope that he is o.k.

FelipeMIA89
08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
I just can't believe you lost GONZO!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :devil:

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Fernando lost 3/6 4/6. As I said, he was injured at his right foot and was not at 100 % to play his match against Davydenko who is a top player. Fernando was very unlucky this year, I hope he won't play next week. Hopefully, he didn't play the doubles.

Now, hope he'll recover soon, cause it was impressing to see the trainer put a bandage on his foot. Hope it's not serious. We'll know more later..

How many points will he lose ?
Do you think he'll be seeded at the US OPEN ?

Just a question (mainly to the people from Chile) : Do you know if Canal 13 broadcasts all the matches on Fernando in general ? Thank you

Have a good night all !!!

+alonso
08-18-2005, 11:18 PM
i saw the match and was very weird----:mad: feña lost his serve in the 2nd game and in the next game he wasted 4 bp's :o , then 3-6 for feña--
Second set was weird too ... he lost his serve in the 3rd game and then he was down 1-4 0-40 and feña serving and he saved all the bp's and an awesome come back. actually he broke daydenko next...:o apparentely all was pretty good and he lost his serve again...:sobbing: the last games were pretty fast.........:sobbing:

hope he's alright and i want to see him very good for USO ;)

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the report Alonso.
Can you tell us more about the foot injury ? I arrived at that moment. Thank you

Sparko1030
08-18-2005, 11:25 PM
:awww: Poor Fena...I've been spoiled by his come from behind wins this week and kept thinking he was going to pull this one off too. On terra they said the problem was just that his foot was wrapped too tight and he wanted it looser. But they don't always get things right. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I hope he skips next week also. Be as fit as possible for US Open.
Not sure how many points he'll lose here-it seems he had to defend 250pts though and I'm sure he'll loose some of those. Anyway, love ya Fena and lots of :hug:

And I'm not from Chile but it seems canal13 will have his and Nico's matches on if they are on a court that has camera coverage on them-usually the two top courts it seems.

enqvistfan
08-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Thank you Sparko for your replies :)

+alonso
08-18-2005, 11:32 PM
yup like sparko said.. there's nothing clarified.. well i don't wanna think is his ankle.. :awww: coz they did a very strong bandage...
Hope He's fine :awww:

Sparko1030
08-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Just a follow up to the points question...I read on another board that Fernando will probably fall to #22 in the rankings. Not too bad but not the direction he wants to go of course.

+alonso
08-18-2005, 11:54 PM
isn't too much i think ;)

Yeah he can do it very good in USO

olimpo
08-19-2005, 12:01 AM
And he'll be seeded for the USO no problem here :)

I just hope he's o.k.

+alonso
08-19-2005, 01:22 AM
anyway i feel bad coz Davydenko didn't play great :o and He didn't deserve the match :o (maybe yes but i'm in a bad mood sorry) !!!!! poor feña :awww: well now my switch is be positive again soo Vamos Vamos Feñaaa :rocker2: you totally rock

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Since my last fave Feña lost,I'm not that interested in this tournament. :zzz:
He is very unlucky this year.When he was in form,he always faced Federer in an early round. :banghead: When he gets an "easy" draw,he is injured. :shout: I was angry he lost that match to Davydenko especially he was broken at 30-40 again after he broke,also his service sucked in crucial points. :mad: But when I reminded of his both feet taped, :sobbing: I am so proud of him that he suffers injurys and can able to be in this round. :D

enqvistfan
08-19-2005, 07:42 AM

The same for me, my two faves in this tournament lost yesterday, so for me it finished as well.

Yes, despite of his injuries, many times I thought he'll retire but he fought. Now, I hope he'll take a week to rest and then be in a good shape for NY

GonzoFan
08-19-2005, 07:52 AM
He is very unlucky this year.When he was in form,he always faced Federer in an early round. :banghead: When he gets an "easy" draw,he is injured. :shout: I was angry he lost that match to Davydenko especially he was broken at 30-40 again after he broke,also his service sucked in crucial points. :mad: But when I reminded of his both feet taped, :sobbing: I am so proud of him that he suffers injurys and can able to be in this round. :D

Me too ... I'm not interested in this tournament anymore :fiery: (But I think I will watch Lleyton's matchs :lol: ) and you're right RaDiCaLgIrL he always faced Federer when he was playing great and now he has chances of making something GREAT in Cincy and he is injured :sad: but he shows us once again that he is a real FIGHTER !!! :rocker2: especially when the trainer asked him if he was thinking in keep playing with his feet like that and he said YES !!!! he didn't gave up !!! AND THAT'S WHY I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF HIM !!!!! :worship: and I think all of us are or should be ;)

Now we have to wait and see if he plays the Pilot Pen (hope he doesn't and just prepare for the US Open )

BEST OF LUCK TO FEÑA !!!!! :bigclap:

YOU ARE STILL THE BEST AND MY NUMBER 1 :banana: !!!! NO MATTER WHAT !!!! :yeah:

LOVE YOU !!!! :inlove:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-19-2005, 08:30 AM
enqvistfan-I was cheering for Ginepri. :p And I agree with you,he needs a rest so much. :angel:
GonzoFan-Yes I like his attitude on the court. :worship: And he just threw his racquet and smashed a few times even his injury was so annoying.I saw him quite positive overall. :clap2: Not like some players,always look irritated and moody all the time. :rolleyes:

Vamos Feńa
08-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Awww Feńa :awww: :awww:
It's a pity you've lost... Still I'm happy because you didn't give up and fought bravely despite foot injury. I hope Feńa you'll recover till US Open and won't play in New Haven, come back strong pls! And yeah it's pretty unfair he is injured when not facing an "extremaly dangerous" player :sad:
But I'm very proud of Feńa, that he is fighting not only against opponents but also against injuries and that bad-luck which choose Fernando to bother... And yeah Feńa's character is absolutely fantastic, honestly I like to see his sad face when losing a match than a moody one which can be observed in some actresses and players like Safin or Acasuso.
Recover Feńa! You're always my #1! :wavey: :worship:

enqvistfan
08-19-2005, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR]enqvistfan-I was cheering for Ginepri. :p [QUOTE]

So, you found the name of the other player LOL I hope Ginepri will confirm and that he didn't play the match of his life yesterday.

Fergie
08-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Just a follow up to the points question...I read on another board that Fernando will probably fall to #22 in the rankings. Not too bad but not the direction he wants to go of course.
No too bad at all, could be worst ;)

Feñita :hug:

GonzoFan
08-20-2005, 12:23 AM
No too bad at all, could be worst ;)

Feñita :hug:

yeah it could be have been worst ;)
and he will be #22 on Monday but it all depends in what Youzhny does ... if he loses today against Roddick then Gonzo will be #22 but if Youzhny wins Feña will be #23 on Monday ...
at least that's what I read today ...

RogiFan88
08-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Youzny lost in 3

GonzoFan
08-20-2005, 05:02 AM
Gonzo said yesterday that even though he won and made it to round three he wasn't feeling good during the tournament :sad:
I think all of us noticed that ... :sad:
God I just want him to be ok next week in New Haven but especially for the US Open ;)

olimpo
08-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Gonzo said yesterday that even though he won and made it to round three he wasn't feeling good during the tournament :sad:
I think all of us noticed that ... :sad:
God I just want him to be ok next week in New Haven but especially for the US Open ;)

Yes I noticed that :sad: and that's why I'm still quite worried about him and cannot get excited about New Haven. I'm even still not sure if he's really going to play there. :confused: I just hope he's okay.

enqvistfan
08-20-2005, 07:54 AM
I think the most important is his health. He should keep his chances for the US OPEN, it's more important than an ATP Tournament. Hope he won't decide to play in New Haven, if it's to withdraw from the US after. I think he's enough clever to decide which are the priorities.

Sparko1030
08-20-2005, 08:11 AM
I agree with all of you too. I hope he has learned from Nico's injury not to force it if it doesn't feel right. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Fena listen to your body! Missing points is better than missing 6 months!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Ya I agree.He has no points to defend later on.Why doesn't he take a rest and prepare the major tournament US Open? :shout: I don't want to remind of his both feet taped and a big blister on his left foot again. :sobbing: I'm sure he will gain lots of points when he recovers.Come on Gonzo don't be so impetuous to be on the top. :hysteric:

Thank god Misha lost the match,I like him but I care Gonzo's ranking much more. :smooch:

GonzoFan
08-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I also think that he doesn't need to play in New Haven but I also think that we must trust in his and Horacio's decision ...
I just hope, pray and want him to be ok for the US Open

TAKE CARE OF YOUSERLF GONZO PLEASE !!!!! :kiss:

We don't want you to get an injury ;)

:hug: