Overrateldian lost to K beck 7-6 6-7 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Overrateldian lost to K beck 7-6 6-7 6-3

DanEd
08-11-2005, 04:42 AM
:tape:

waiting for karolbeckfan to post here ;)

Fergie
08-11-2005, 04:43 AM
Well done Karol! :yeah:

disturb3d
08-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Karol just beat the 5th best player in the world.
I'm not surprised. Many of the top seeds have been ousted.

DanEd
08-11-2005, 04:49 AM
i am sure you mean the fifth most overrated player in the world ;)
Karol just beat the 5th best player in the world.
I'm not surprised. Many of the top seeds have been ousted.

oneandonlyhsn
08-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Nalby :rolleyes:

Scotso
08-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Thank god, Karol. He had match point at 7-6 5*-4, and blew that. I thought the match was over after he lost the second set, but he pulled it out!

:bounce: Karol :bounce:

NYCtennisfan
08-11-2005, 04:57 AM
It's amazing how inconsistent Nalbandian can be. Good win for Karol.

tennyfan
08-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Nalbandian fought back hard in the 2nd set. It's unfortunate that he couldn't pull off the victory. I guess he'll be joining the rest of the top seeds that got ousted early. Good luck in Cincinnati.

fenomeno2111
08-11-2005, 05:29 AM
I was waiting Nalbo to recover, i was following the match and it pissed me off because it took freakin long to update, i thought that when he came back on the second set the match was his, but it never happened :sad:....I knew that he was going to snuff it when he got his service broken in the third at 3-3....Well i guess it is all for Nadal now, Agassi-Nadal final seems more possible everyday, i think this one is going to be the first hard court title for Rafa :worship:

*Viva Chile*
08-11-2005, 05:35 AM
Overrateldian.... hahahahaha :haha:

nermo
08-11-2005, 06:20 AM
Nalbandian, :eek: this inconsistency is really scary...

*Ljubica*
08-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Congrats to Karol. This result doesn't surprise me in the slightest - David is my favourite player but he is so unpredictable - one day plays brilliantly - the next like an idiot :devil: My own opinion is that he is too focused on the Davis Cup right now and not enough on anything else - I think it's stupid and it makes me angry - but guess it's his decision. Good luck to Karol in the next round.

Puschkin
08-11-2005, 06:59 AM
:sad: David!
:haha: at myself! When will I ever the learn that tennis is unpredictable?

sports freak
08-11-2005, 07:09 AM
i am sure you mean the fifth most overrated player in the world ;)

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Only reason he won the Davis Cup match vs Hewitt cos Leyton was thinkin about more of his wife then his opponents match!!!! :mad: :mad:

RonE
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
:sad: David!
:haha: at myself! When will I ever the learn that tennis is unpredictable?

With the way the TMS events have been of late it has recently happened that the top players made it to the closing stages so it was a well staged illusion I guess. Congrats to Karol, and there goes my theory about Nalbandian right out the window although there is still plenty more tennis to be played.

skel1983
08-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Again he has let his fans down and most of all himself, i really thought he had a shot this week, but his inconsistancy lets him down, but to call him over rated is harsh, he has got the game and has proven that beating Federer,Hewitt and taking all the top guys closer than most,i think he has issues outside of tennis. I think i am his lucky omen though everytime i see him play on T.V, HE IS AMAZING, i.e Chela,hewitt,Gasquet but when i don't watch him he loses!!!!! I don't know but i will always support him.

sports freak
08-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Again he has let his fans down and most of all himself, i really thought he had a shot this week, but his inconsistancy lets him down, but to call him over rated is harsh, he has got the game and has proven that beating Federer,Hewitt and taking all the top guys closer than most,i think he has issues outside of tennis. I think i am his lucky omen though everytime i see him play on T.V, HE IS AMAZING, i.e Chela,hewitt,Gasquet but when i don't watch him he loses!!!!! I don't know but i will always support him.

David's enemy is his own serve,give him Roddick's and he would be the top 3 players!!!! :rolleyes:

Black Adam
08-11-2005, 10:20 AM
There is something with this tournament......all the main contenders apart from AA and Rafa have already packed their bags.

Papakori
08-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Karol :yippee:

alexito
08-11-2005, 10:44 AM
yessssssssssssssss
congratulations beck!!!!!!!!!
nalbandian lost!!!!!!!!!

NYCtennisfan
08-11-2005, 10:51 AM
There is something with this tournament......all the main contenders apart from AA and Rafa have already packed their bags.

This tournament is known for uspet riddled draws and surprise winners.

sigmagirl91
08-11-2005, 10:55 AM
I would not even call David "overrated". He's only so in the imagination of many on this board. So, if you wanna keep thinking that, you can. By the way, the tagline is rather boring. If you wanted to underscore your point, then you just missed it.

~EMiLiTA~
08-11-2005, 11:21 AM
yeah, as i said in that other thread where someone was saying Bandy had to take his chance...we've said that hundreds of times before and will continue to say it again...but the day he actually does take his chances, i will eat my hat. he's just too inconsistent and can't come up with the goods when it counts

Dirk
08-11-2005, 02:45 PM
I would not even call David "overrated". He's only so in the imagination of many on this board. So, if you wanna keep thinking that, you can. By the way, the tagline is rather boring. If you wanted to underscore your point, then you just missed it.

Like it or not game and talent doesn't take you anywhere without a great mentality. I don't know why David has lost it. He was so great during the summer of 03 and did well during the indoor season. Perhaps he doesn't see himself as any kind of champion. I know his injury ridden past is behind him thank god but you can't just have 3 titles in your career and be a contender. He is one of the top spoilers right now but his chances of making the most of his talent seem to be fading.

Even if you like him a lot surely you can see that.

1sun
08-11-2005, 02:56 PM
yeh nabs is a bit overated and overweight!

alfonsojose
08-11-2005, 06:13 PM
David Dementiev :rolleyes: :smash:

silverwhite
08-11-2005, 06:15 PM
David :sad: Now I have no one left to cheer for except Paulo.

sigmagirl91
08-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Like it or not game and talent doesn't take you anywhere without a great mentality. I don't know why David has lost it. He was so great during the summer of 03 and did well during the indoor season. Perhaps he doesn't see himself as any kind of champion. I know his injury ridden past is behind him thank god but you can't just have 3 titles in your career and be a contender. He is one of the top spoilers right now but his chances of making the most of his talent seem to be fading.

Even if you like him a lot surely you can see that.

Of course, Dirk, I do see that, but my comment was directed to the thread starter.

Fumus
08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Nalbandian is the opposite of overrated. The guy doesn't have any big shots, there not alot of talk about him being a top guy and he has very consistant results. Nalbandian is like Hewitt an over achiever, with the strokes/shots he has...he overachieves.

sigmagirl91
08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Nalbandian is the opposite of overrated. The guy doesn't have any big shots, there not alot of talk about him being a top guy and he has very consistant results. Nalbandian is like Hewitt an over achiever, with the strokes/shots he has...he overachieves.

My point exactly, although I didn't state it. Actually I see him as a classic underachiever. Now overrrated? Like I said, and I stand by it, he's overrated by many of the posters on this board because
a. they don't like him and want to see him lose, and b. he's top ten without many spectacular results to back up the ranking. Take your pick-whatever reason fits your particular slant of thinking.

Fumus
08-11-2005, 09:16 PM
My point exactly, although I didn't state it. Actually I see him as a classic underachiever. Now overrrated? Like I said, and I stand by it, he's overrated by many of the posters on this board because
a. they don't like him and want to see him lose, and b. he's top ten without many spectacular results to back up the ranking. Take your pick-whatever reason fits your particular slant of thinking.

I agree 100% with you Sigma Delta Phi Girl, if a guy hasn't had any big results like masters wins or slam wins and he's always in the top ten...that means you are overachieving. Overrated hardly? All this guy does is beat top players.
Hewitt, Federer, Roddick...(not all the time obiviously, but he has)

star
08-11-2005, 11:31 PM
:lol: So which is it? You say you agree with sigmagirl, but you say Nalbandian overachieves, but she says he underachieves.

It's kind of confusing.

DanEd
08-11-2005, 11:35 PM
At least I hope nalby can win in doubles :fiery:

darnyelb
08-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Wish Nalbandian can get a good result for once.

By the way, Beck just beat Davydenko, and Davydenko served for the match at least twice. WTF?

Vamos Feńa
08-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Normally I have nothin' to David only when he def. Gonzalez I'm little bit mad, but am I the only one who thinks David is too high in rankings???