Gasquet lost - 6-7(5), 3-6 to Seb [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gasquet lost - 6-7(5), 3-6 to Seb

rofe
08-11-2005, 02:38 AM
A possible 3rd round matchup with Nadal will not happen now :(

His career path seems to be taking a path similar to Fed who was also billed as a player with a lot of potential but no consistent wins to show for it at that age.

Anyone who saw the match care to comment on it?

NYCtennisfan
08-11-2005, 02:43 AM
NOt really surprised since he has had so little match play since Wimbledon. I think he has played only 4 matches since Wimby and none on hard. It's going to take a while for all of Gasquet's prodigious talents to shine.

tennisgirl19
08-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Richard :sad:

pryss
08-11-2005, 03:02 AM
i saw a little bit of it, the part of the first set after the rain delay and up to 4-3 seb in the second or something like that. erm...not much to say though. here's what i can think of:

-up till i saw it at least it was a really tight match and the rallies were loooooong. i was biting my nails like crazy.
-seb had one wrong call in the first set. (commentator: "the umpire should come down from his chair and check for the marks, like they do on clay." no idea which one said it though, the other corrected it)
-richard had some really nice drop shots & pretty backhand as always. his serves were frustrating for me though.

since my memory is bland, i should go to sleep.....:zzz:

richard :sad:

oh yeah, one of the commentators also mentioned richie throwing a racquet at USO and hitting a linesman in the face with it. anybody can tell me more about this incident?

oneandonlyhsn
08-11-2005, 03:15 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again watching Richard is like watching Federer in 2001, lots of talent but lots of mental walkabouts. If you change Richards BH for Feds FH I would swear they were the same person.

Daniela_CABJ
08-11-2005, 03:31 AM
Richard :sad:

I've never heard about USO incident :confused:

IMO, Richard didn't play a good match, he did play good but just for some moments, I agree, his serve didn't work tonight (Both of breakpoints that Seb won were Richard's double faults). On second set Richard had chances to break Grosjean serve, but he couldn't do that, Seb played really good and he won... but I'M SAD!!! :bigcry:

tennisgirl19
08-11-2005, 03:36 AM
oh yeah, one of the commentators also mentioned richie throwing a racquet at USO and hitting a linesman in the face with it. anybody can tell me more about this incident?

During the US Open qualies last year in the first round Richard was losing to someone he shouldn't of been losing too. He ended up winning the first set but was down a break in the 2nd (I can't remember what sets he won and lost, but whatever). He ended up getting really frustrated over a point and threw his racquet. He didn't watch where he threw his racquet and he ended up hitting a linesperson on the head with it. The linesperson needed medical attention and what not. Then the supervisor came out and Richard was disqualified for hitting the linesperson.

According to the Richard tale/legend this ended up being a turning point for him because he knew he needed to get his act together and start really focusing on tennis (before this he defaulted a match at a challenger in NYC because he losing and frustrated, I was at this match and he really blew it big time).

tinuviel_estel
08-11-2005, 03:45 AM
richard :sad::sad:

Daniela_CABJ
08-11-2005, 03:49 AM
OH, Sinead, now that you mention I guess I've read something about that but I can't remember where!

Fergie
08-11-2005, 04:12 AM
Well done Seb! :yeah:

Scotso
08-11-2005, 05:03 AM
pfffffffff

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Good luck to Seb against Nadal! :rocker2:

Chloe le Bopper
08-11-2005, 06:37 AM
The way some of you are talking you'd think that Grosjean was an absolutely horrible loss. He's not. Too bad he's playing Rafa next and I can't root for him any further.

delsa
08-11-2005, 09:41 AM
He needs to learn lessons like this. He failed to proove he deserved to be the French number one. I hope he's very angry at himself and hypermotivated to do well now so that this stupid loss will be useful. No Rafa-Richard clash. That's very bad news though. Richard can be angry at Lars Graff who gave Grosjean the bp which changed the scenario of this match which was going Richard's way though... Very angry.
This is not a good morning when i wake up after having stayed awake until 2:00 am because of these stupid rain delays to learn this... :fiery: (Thank God Paulo won...)
Well done Seb! You got the job done and i'm sure i'll see in 30 min with the replay that you played very well and smartly... ;)

Papakori
08-11-2005, 10:27 AM
:yippee: Seb :yippee:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Nooo Richie :sad:

silverwhite
08-11-2005, 11:19 AM
He needs to learn lessons like this. He failed to proove he deserved to be the French number one. I hope he's very angry at himself and hypermotivated to do well now so that this stupid loss will be useful. No Rafa-Richard clash. That's very bad news though. Richard can be angry at Lars Graff who gave Grosjean the bp which changed the scenario of this match which was going Richard's way though... Very angry.
This is not a good morning when i wake up after having stayed awake until 2:00 am because of these stupid rain delays to learn this... :fiery: (Thank God Paulo won...)
Well done Seb! You got the job done and i'm sure i'll see in 30 min with the replay that you played very well and smartly... ;)

Definitely. As frustrating as it is thinking of the "What ifs" (had he forced the umpire to stop at 30-15), he just wasn't mentally strong enough in the end. Seb didn't even have to play the BPs

He came out flat after the rain delay, and deservedly lost. Hopefully, he learns a lesson from this.

vincayou
08-11-2005, 11:28 AM

Richard doesn't need to prove that he deserve to be the French number one. We are not in boxing. He didn't play as well after the rain delay, and Grosjean can feel lucky about that. But there will be match where it will be the other way round. It was a tough draw for Richie here, Nadal will have a good challenge.

onewoman74
08-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I can't believe he lost...I was looking forward to a 3rd round match up w/ him and Nadal...now i'm pissed!! Gasquettttttt...Damn U!!!!! Get it together dude!!!

1sun
08-11-2005, 01:45 PM
fucking ump fucked richie over, but he should recovered. now nadals gonna stroll to this title

bad gambler
08-11-2005, 01:46 PM
what a shame the rain came when it did, he had outplayed seb until that point :sad:

LaTenista
08-11-2005, 01:52 PM
:baby: Richie, you need to learn to deal with :rain: and bad umping and gamesmanship from Grosjean and others.

Very disappointed there will be no 3rd round meeting with Nadal. That said, I hope Rafa crushes Seb just like he did Mello last night. Avenge that set lost at RG because of that stupid crap.

silverwhite
08-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Well, Richard will learn a lot from this match, I hope. If he wants to be a better player, he has to learn how to win when he is not playing his best tennis and when the conditions do not suit him (he mentioned he wasn't used to playing under lights and couldn't see the ball well).

Raquel
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Well done Sebastien :)

uNIVERSE mAN
08-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Nooo Richie :sad:

stop cheering for the french you wanker!

NYCtennisfan
08-11-2005, 07:47 PM
During the US Open qualies last year in the first round Richard was losing to someone he shouldn't of been losing too. He ended up winning the first set but was down a break in the 2nd (I can't remember what sets he won and lost, but whatever). He ended up getting really frustrated over a point and threw his racquet. He didn't watch where he threw his racquet and he ended up hitting a linesperson on the head with it. The linesperson needed medical attention and what not. Then the supervisor came out and Richard was disqualified for hitting the linesperson.

According to the Richard tale/legend this ended up being a turning point for him because he knew he needed to get his act together and start really focusing on tennis (before this he defaulted a match at a challenger in NYC because he losing and frustrated, I was at this match and he really blew it big time).

Yeah, these incidents were really bad and I was embarrassed for Richie making such a fool out of himself. I think he is doing a much better job keeping his emotions under control these days.