Is Hewitt not with Nike anymore if not why?? lack of sucsess maybe??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Hewitt not with Nike anymore if not why?? lack of sucsess maybe???

skel1983
08-10-2005, 04:59 PM
no more nike???

Angle Queen
08-10-2005, 05:02 PM
It's all about the $$$, man. And I'd hardly accuse a Top 5 player of a 'lack of success'.

Nimomunz
08-10-2005, 05:02 PM
dude you just said in the agassi thread that you dont think hewitt is having bad results

Hewitt has had some bad results recently???? (Nalbandian in Davis cup is the only one i can think off)
Which results are they he was un well yesterday and keeps running into that guy Roger

silverwhite
08-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Nike has Federer and Nadal, and I suspect they don't really need Agassi and Hewitt as much anymore.

Raquel
08-10-2005, 06:20 PM
It won't be through lack of success. He's top 5, been in 2 GS finals in the last year. The TV ratings in Australia were very high for the Australian Open final so he got Nike a lot of exposure during that event. And when you consider players with less success and a lower profile like Carlos Moya, Max Mirnyi and Feliciano Lopez have Nike deals, I don't think that Lleyton's results over the last year would cause them to drop him over those players.

star
08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
My understanding is not that Nike dropped Hewitt, but that Hewitt didn't want to renew with them.

Scotso
08-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Maybe he's thinking about wearing toilet paper to matches instead.

skel1983
08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
In reply to i said he hasn't had bad results, in Tennis terms he hasn't getting beat by Federer in the majority of the big event's, you wouldn't say is really a bad result just bad luck your playing a guy who is awesome, but he hasn't won a GS since 02, and i agree with one of the post's that Hewitt is now playing third string behind Federer and Nadal and maybe the offer Nike put on the table Hewitt might of thought he was worth more, but maybe Nike came back with, well the slams have been drying up if you want more $$$ you need to come up with the big results. I don't think it's a coincidence Him and Agassi are no longer with Nike i feel the $$$ were not right but you can understand Nike with Nadal and Federer in their camp.

bad gambler
08-11-2005, 01:55 PM
it was apparently a "mutual" agreement to go their separate ways, whatever that is supposed to mean

Turkeyballs Paco
08-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Ok, so this thread is just an excuse to mention Nadal is #2 now above Hewitt? Yeah, I think we knew that. Don't worry! We won't be insulted! You don't need to talk in circles, just be direct.

:rolleyes:

skel1983
08-11-2005, 04:52 PM
not at all Hewitt is one of my fav players just baffled me to see him in the rags on Monday, it makes me laugh when you see these multi millionare guys whereing clothes that look like they got from $1 shop in the high street!!!

Turkeyballs Paco
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I have to say I absolutely hated that thing around his head. I hope he goes back to wearing the backwards cap soon!

Nimomunz
08-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Ok, so this thread is just an excuse to mention Nadal is #2 now above Hewitt? Yeah, I think we knew that. Don't worry! We won't be insulted! You don't need to talk in circles, just be direct.

:rolleyes:
just so you know the general consensu on the gm pages is
fed is god
hewitt is an asshole
nadal is the best thing since sliced bread
roddick is overrated
safin gets too many girls
agassi should retire
henman has bad teeth

every thread will carry undertones of the recurring themes
deal with it .......................... i know the roddick fans have :lol:

Socket
08-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Gee, what a coincidence that Nimonumz is flooding GM with anti-Hewitt threads just after I disagreed with his/her posts in another thread. :haha: :haha:

Nimomunz
08-11-2005, 05:32 PM
can anyone say paranoid? WTF?!?!?!?!?
my thread is not an anti-Hewitt thread i never said he was racist. i pointed out what came from a argentinian newspaper. i think he's more of a languagist or probably feels a little left out. Get the fuck over yourself you think your so fucking important for me to -um attack you through your fave player. dude the world doesnt revolve around you. Hewitt may not be my fave player but i thought it was an interesting tidbit to share. i dont hate Hewitt and the 'is hewitt a racist thread" aint a Hewitt bashing thread. if it were a proper hewitt bashing thread i may have mentioned the blake incident (like another poster said) or rehashed the whole poof statement and not just this. I unlike you dont carry my shit from one thread to another. I disagreed with GWH in the Canas thread but agreed with him in the 15-15 Nadal thread. us adults know that everyone cant agree on everything so we let it go instead of dragging it from the non-tennis thread to the gm thread. then you bring the shit to a thread about his moving away from Nike that isnt even mine?? WTF?!

ah whatever.

Socket
08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
can anyone say paranoid? WTF?!?!?!?!?
my thread is not an anti-Hewitt thread i never said he was racist. i pointed out what came from a argentinian newspaper. i think he's more of a languagist or probably feels a little left out. Get the fuck over yourself you think your so fucking important for me to -um attack you through your fave player. dude the world doesnt revolve around you. Hewitt may not be my fave player but i thought it was an interesting tidbit to share. i dont hate Hewitt and the 'is hewitt a racist thread" aint a Hewitt bashing thread. if it were a proper hewitt bashing thread i may have mentioned the blake incident (like another poster said) or rehashed the whole poof statement and not just this. I unlike you dont carry my shit from one thread to another. I disagreed with GWH in the Canas thread but agreed with him in the 15-15 Nadal thread. us adults know that everyone cant agree on everything so we let it go instead of dragging it from the non-tennis thread to the gm thread. then you bring the shit to a thread about his moving away from Nike that isnt even mine?? WTF?!

ah whatever.
I see my point has been made. :cool:

Nimomunz
08-11-2005, 06:56 PM
and what, pray say, was the point?

Turkeyballs Paco
08-11-2005, 08:04 PM
just so you know the general consensu on the gm pages is
fed is god
hewitt is an asshole
nadal is the best thing since sliced bread
roddick is overrated
safin gets too many girls
agassi should retire
henman has bad teeth

every thread will carry undertones of the recurring themes
deal with it .......................... i know the roddick fans have :lol:

yeah, and there will always be people say fuck the general consensus, you know? deal with that

Nimomunz
08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
hewitt fans seem to have a low pain threshold! :o :shrug:

Turkeyballs Paco
08-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Really? You're seeming a bit thin skinned yourself, there.

Socket
08-11-2005, 11:29 PM
hewitt fans seem to have a low pain threshold! :o :shrug:
I'm not the one cursing and sputtering with rage, my dear. :)

CmonAussie
07-04-2006, 07:16 AM
In reply to i said he hasn't had bad results, in Tennis terms he hasn't getting beat by Federer in the majority of the big event's, you wouldn't say is really a bad result just bad luck your playing a guy who is awesome, but he hasn't won a GS since 02, and i agree with one of the post's that Hewitt is now playing third string behind Federer and Nadal and maybe the offer Nike put on the table Hewitt might of thought he was worth more, but maybe Nike came back with, well the slams have been drying up if you want more $$$ you need to come up with the big results. I don't think it's a coincidence Him and Agassi are no longer with Nike i feel the $$$ were not right but you can understand Nike with Nadal and Federer in their camp.

NIKE are simply GOOD TIME CHARLIES :o ,of course they`re satisfied having Federer & Nadal~ as these two have been clearly out in front in recent times. However Rocky Llegs Hewitt`s time will come again & very soon~ when he wins Wimbledon this weekend some Nike execs may regret their decision to be so stingy :o ...Counterwise Yonex is going to get the payoff they hoped for because Lleyton will deliver the golden egg~ literally ;) the Wimby Trophy again :worship: :angel: !

PS.Does anyone remember how NIKE dumped Sampras at the start of 2002 & then he went on to win the USO latter that year :worship: ...on that occassion however NIKE resigned him just b4 his final glory bow! Anyway I don`t like how NIKE shows no loyalty to their stars :o !

Allure
07-04-2006, 07:23 AM
I don`t know why Hewitt is not with Nike anymore. Could be that he`s not the top player(s) anymore like Nadal or Federer. Could be a mutual decision. Who knows.

megadeth
07-04-2006, 07:31 AM
i'm sure it's not just about being the top player.

nike sponsors lots of players below the top 10 and even below the top 20.

i think it's more of hewitt's personality i think. nike might not want to associate itself with a player who berates others

CmonAussie
07-04-2006, 07:45 AM
i'm sure it's not just about being the top player.

nike sponsors lots of players below the top 10 and even below the top 20.

i think it's more of hewitt's personality i think. nike might not want to associate itself with a player who berates others
:o :o
Why do people come up with this :confused: ..If you`ve watched Hewitt`s matches you`ll know that he SIMPLY DOES NOT BERATE OTHERS~!!!.. When Lleyton came on the tour in the late 1990`s it`s true he said some stupid things, but keep in mind that he was only 16yrs when he had his breakthrough against Agassi in 98 :worship: .HOWEVER Rocky Llegs has matured greatly :angel: & now he`s such a nice guy you could almost call him a softie ;) ..Seriously Hewitt always gives his opponents a warm handshake at the end of matches & takes his hat off as a gesture of courtesy :D ..Ask the other players what they think of Hewitt {except Coria & Chella :devil: } & they`ll all say good things.. Esp. Roger & Rafa always put in a good word for Lleyton :cool: .

Some people confuse competitiveness with rudeness~ Rocky Llegs has the former :worship: without the latter!

HappyAndie
07-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Wasn't there a theory that Nike's shoes caused Lleyton injuries? If that's the case he may not have wanted Nike to sponsor him anymore...

Hokit
07-04-2006, 07:51 AM
I thought it was clear that it was Lleyton who left Nike, not Nike who dumped Lleyton. Besides, the changeover to Yonex happened when Lleyton was still ranked in the top-5, so there's no reason why he wouldn't have his clothing deal renewed if he wanted to.

CmonAussie
07-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Wasn't there a theory that Nike's shoes caused Lleyton injuries? If that's the case he may not have wanted Nike to sponsor him anymore...
:wavey:
That sounds interesting~ hadn`t heard it before but there you go...I remember Federer wasn`t happy with Nike shoes at the AO last year :sad: when he lost that marathon match to Safin.

megadeth
07-04-2006, 08:51 AM
:o :o
Why do people come up with this :confused: ..If you`ve watched Hewitt`s matches you`ll know that he SIMPLY DOES NOT BERATE OTHERS~!!!.. When Lleyton came on the tour in the late 1990`s it`s true he said some stupid things, but keep in mind that he was only 16yrs when he had his breakthrough against Agassi in 98 :worship: .HOWEVER Rocky Llegs has matured greatly :angel: & now he`s such a nice guy you could almost call him a softie ;) ..Seriously Hewitt always gives his opponents a warm handshake at the end of matches & takes his hat off as a gesture of courtesy :D ..Ask the other players what they think of Hewitt {except Coria & Chella :devil: } & they`ll all say good things.. Esp. Roger & Rafa always put in a good word for Lleyton :cool: .

Some people confuse competitiveness with rudeness~ Rocky Llegs has the former :worship: without the latter!

i know he has matured a lot especially that he's now a dad. but during his earlier days, let's not deny that he did get on the nerves of a lot of people because of his antics.

that's why he appeared in GQ's top 10 most hated athletes

CmonAussie
07-04-2006, 09:01 AM
i know he has matured a lot especially that he's now a dad. but during his earlier days, let's not deny that he did get on the nerves of a lot of people because of his antics.

that's why he appeared in GQ's top 10 most hated athletes
:wavey:
I think the haters didn`t really understand Hewitt & never bothered to watch his matches..#Anyway the GQ list of Most Hated List was a bit of a joke :o ~why should we hate any sportsmen :confused: .It`s not like they`re demons :devil: in the vein of Hussein or Bin Laden :eek: ..Hewitt simply wears his heart on his sleeve~ as does Nadal.. so they cop more crap than others :sad: .

megadeth
07-04-2006, 09:03 AM
well bottom line is, i don't think hewitt cares if he's not wearing nike.

i'm sure he feels that it's nike's loss they don't have him.