why Roddick wear Lacoste and his coach still Nike? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

why Roddick wear Lacoste and his coach still Nike?

Mimi
08-10-2005, 02:48 AM
just curious, why is it ok? different sponsors :confused:

Paialii
08-10-2005, 02:50 AM
They sign the player, not the Roddick "team."

His coach can wear whatever he pleases. Otherwise it'd be like Roddick's coach having to use a Babolat racquet simply because that's the brand Roddick is signed to.

Mimi
08-10-2005, 02:55 AM
thanks but i think its not good, coz the camera always show the coach, he should also wear Lacoste, the same as his student :cool:

Paialii
08-10-2005, 03:04 AM
thanks but i think its not good, coz the camera always show the coach, he should also wear Lacoste, the same as his student :cool:

Again, it's not the coach who's on the court playing for millions of people to see; he's not the super-money-making athlete. That's Andy's job.

Fee
08-10-2005, 03:44 AM
Dean Goldfine has his own contract with nike, probably because he's part of the USTA high performance coaching program. This is also true of Francisco Montana (who coaches Ginepri and wears nike), Paul Annacone (who coaches Henman and wears nike), and a few others. As for Andy's 'team', Doug Spreen wears LaCoste.

Mimi
08-10-2005, 06:21 AM
thanks, at first i thought the clothes company will also provide clothes for the coach :p

El Legenda
08-10-2005, 06:25 AM
players change coach's, sponors dont want to pay the coachs after they change players.

Mimi
08-10-2005, 06:37 AM
sponors pay the coaches ?? :confused: :eek:
players change coach's, sponors dont want to pay the coachs after they change players.

joycomesmorning
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Interesting thread...and most of the better known coaches do, indeed, have thier own contracts with clothing sponsors irrelevant of whom they are working with/for at the particular time.

And I was sure that Darren Cahill had his own contract with Nike. However, at the Agassi match with Alberto Martin, Cahill was wearing the Adidas stripes... anyone know what happened here?

jcm

SwissMister1
08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Safin wears Adidas, and I noticed Lundgren switched to Adidas as well, but Safin's old fitness coach (the guy with the goofy lopsided hair) wore Nike until Safin got rid of him.

El Legenda
08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
sponors pay the coaches ?? :confused: :eek:

No im saying they do want to pay to coachs 2, since they players dont aways stick with same coach all the time. so the sponors dont want to get in contract with player and his coach, most coachs do there own thing

aceit
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
thanks, at first i thought the clothes company will also provide clothes for the coach :p
I'm sure they would provide clothes for the coach. I see that all the time. But if the coach has their own contract (or is part of a high performance coaching program) then they obviously won't be wearing their player's sponsor's clothes.

mitalidas
08-10-2005, 04:47 PM
maybe dean picked up a random nike tee shirt in the local walmart

Saumon
08-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Safin wears Adidas, and I noticed Lundgren switched to Adidas as well, but Safin's old fitness coach (the guy with the goofy lopsided hair) wore Nike until Safin got rid of him.
walt landers :lol:

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Interesting thread...and most of the better known coaches do, indeed, have thier own contracts with clothing sponsors irrelevant of whom they are working with/for at the particular time.

And I was sure that Darren Cahill had his own contract with Nike. However, at the Agassi match with Alberto Martin, Cahill was wearing the Adidas stripes... anyone know what happened here?

jcm

I wasn't paying attention to Cahill during Agassi's last match but I'll look today. When we were at the LA tourney watching Agassi practice, the first time we had seen Andre in Adidas, they were talking about Andre's new Adidas deal. Cahill was talking about his own Nike contract, and how he's not gonna drop that if he's getting paid. For sure Cahill had a contract with Nike, but who knows, maybe Adidas picked him up as well now?

joycomesmorning
08-11-2005, 01:45 AM
I wasn't paying attention to Cahill during Agassi's last match but I'll look today. When we were at the LA tourney watching Agassi practice, the first time we had seen Andre in Adidas, they were talking about Andre's new Adidas deal. Cahill was talking about his own Nike contract, and how he's not gonna drop that if he's getting paid. For sure Cahill had a contract with Nike, but who knows, maybe Adidas picked him up as well now?

Just finished wathcing the taped Agassi-Bjorkman match...and Cahill DEFINITELY wearing Adidas. It would be interesting to know what happened there.

S'long Nike. :wavey:

jcm

superpinkone37
08-11-2005, 03:41 AM
Yep I watched it too and saw that. Adidas probably offered him more than Nike :shrug: