Graydon Oliver fan gathering! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Graydon Oliver fan gathering!

Fee
08-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Well, it is way past time for Graydon to have his own thread here at MTF (one that begins in a happy, positive place, not like the other one).

His official website can be found at www.graydonoliver.org. He's off this week, but he will be playing at the Cincy Masters according to the Doubles early entry list. I'll see if I can track down a few of the pictures I've taken of him in the last few years to add to this thread. :D

Scotso
08-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Go Go Graydon Volley!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-10-2005, 05:19 PM
i just thought this was funny:

OLIVER ON OLIVER:
Favorite movie: Ace Ventura
Favorite TV show: Most memorable moment: Vacationing in Arizona with my family and getting stuck in a sandstorm
Most embarrassing moment: Getting gum stuck in my hair in sixth grade
Why you decided to attend UI: What you miss most about high school: Nothing
If you were a superhero, what you would be named: Flash, because I’m so fast.
Favorite athlete: Stefan Edberg, because he was so consistent with his performances.
If you could date anyone in the world, who it would be: Catherine Zeta-Jones, because she loves me--she just doesn’t know it yet.
Favorite thing to do besides tennis: Play on the computer, trade stock, and re-stock my fish tank.
If you were stranded on a desert island, and you could take one person with you, who it would be: My Dad, so I could get to know him better.
Most prized possession: My car
Favorite type of music: Country
Favorite Food: Waffles
Favorite song: “The Gambler,” by Kenny Rogers
Best tennis moment: Winning NCAA’s in doubles and becoming 2000 national champions
Personal heroes: My parents

Fee
08-10-2005, 05:26 PM
is that from that old fan site? Some of that information seems a bit out of date.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-10-2005, 11:08 PM
haha, no. it's actually from his Illinois NCAA tennis page. so it is really out of date!

http://fightingillini.collegesports.com/sports/m-tennis/mtt/oliver_graydon00.html

Fee
08-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Classic. Excellent find for you. :worship:

Kristen
08-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Nice work Fee.
Indeed, Cookie does deserve his own thread. I just went over all the photos I took this year, and I only took a couple of him as I was leaving the Adelaide tournament! (And he didn't look so nice in them :lol: ) WOE IS ME! The only other time I saw him play, I wasn't too interested because Tripp was on another court :rolleyes: Shame on me. Oh well, next year ;) Next year I will have some nice pictures to add.

Go Cookie!

**"Cookie" because of a conversation *~kat and I had with him, over what we would eat for dinner. [Adelaide 2005. Across the road from Subway, when he confessed he was quite a fan of their cookies, and I think he was contemplating getting one. Poor guy. The store closed before he had a chance.]

Fee
08-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Funny that you call him 'cookie'. I've given most of 'my boys' food-based pet names and somehow Graydon became 'baby biscuit', probably because JMG is the big biscuit, and they were my 1-2 guys for a while. I don't think I have a 'cookie' but Travis is 'cupcake'.

Fee
08-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Graydon and Travis got into the Montreal Masters as alternates when Llodra/Santoro had to withdraw. They won their first match together {Oliver/Parrott d Etlis/Rodriguez 46 76(2) 76(4)} and will play Bjorkman/Mirnyi on Friday.

Go Baby Biscuit and Cupcake!

Kristen
08-13-2005, 02:02 AM
:scared:Conundrum!:scared:

Not really... I know who I will be ditching. Age before beauty ;) :ras: Back to Graydon-supporting next tournament :lol:

ae wowww
08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Great idea Fee :D Nice move as alternates at the Masters! We have to get Jules in here ;) Her first MTF post-she has the account!!

Kat!
08-15-2005, 02:30 PM
LOL @ Kristen - I just discovered this thread :wavey:

Fee
08-15-2005, 04:40 PM
For the record, in Montreal:

(1)Bjorkman/Mirnyi d Oliver/Parrott 64 76(7)

Today at the Cincy Masters, Graydon and Hrbaty will play Justin G and Rick Leach. :D

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-16-2005, 04:33 AM
they lost to gimmy and leach. :sad:

Fee
08-16-2005, 06:36 AM
Graydon is ranked 29th in doubles this week. I think that is the highest he has ever been. Yay for Graydon!

Cindy19
08-17-2005, 08:39 AM
:)

breakofdawning
10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Just recently a fan of his...

Not a great performance with Yves at the Thailand Open 05. I just wish he went back to pair with Gimelstob. Wanna see him with the championship title here again.

Had a privilege to be at a party with him while he was here. He's unbelievable friendly and he looked extremely stunning in just white shirt and jeans. If anyone has seen him dancing somehow, let me know. I suspect he'd be a good dancer. ^_^

Scotso
10-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I bet he's good at everything :hearts: :drool:

juelovestennis
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Ok so Drew said is was about time I made my first post... and I have but then I remembered Fee started this fan gathering in here and I thought I should drop by and take look around again.. I get so drawn in with the site I forget to go and take a look around in other places... I hope everybody has dropped by Graydons site to take a look around.. I would really like to get some discussions going on the message board if you want to join in.. www.graydonoliver.org
Graydon is a great guy.. one of the best. I just want to say how these new stupid doubles rules are going to kill the game.. I just hate them.. they have to change the rules back.. HAVE TO.
Well bye for now :wavey:

Fee
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Wow, you actually posted. Word.

LleytonRocks
05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Has anyone ever seen Graydon play and taken any pictures? I wish people commented more on his progress.

ae wowww
05-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Well Graydon has not actually played so far this year, and for more on that, I guess Fee or Jules will have to tell you. I have seen him play a couple of times, but again if you want a description of his game on that - Fee or Jules! :)

Fee
06-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Graydon is going to play Wimbledon...

www.graydonoliver.org

ae wowww
06-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Graydon & Jarkko :D

Kristen
06-13-2006, 02:28 PM
:woohoo:
He and Jarkko have fantastic taste in doubles partners. :aparty:

Poor Robert Lindstedt has been dropped :lol:

binkygirl
06-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Has anyone ever seen Graydon play and taken any pictures? I wish people commented more on his progress.

I have some, but not online.

LleytonRocks
06-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Would you consider sending some to an email address? Let me know. I could also send some pics to you if you let me know who your favorite player(s) are.

Kristen
07-04-2006, 08:25 AM
:hug: It's a shame they couldn't get very far at Wimbledon. Still, it was lovely to see his name in the draw once more :)

ae wowww
07-04-2006, 09:03 AM
I watched Graydon's mixed, and he still has it :D!

Fee
07-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Graydon played as a substitute for the Houston Wranglers World Team Tennis team tonight. He and Jan-Mike won their doubles match over some guy named Jim Thomas ( ;) ) and Frederic Niemeyer 5-4.

ae wowww
07-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Hey come on, it's only one set ;) Jim is a power horse and would've outlasted this semi-retired jackass!!

binkygirl
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Would you consider sending some to an email address? Let me know. I could also send some pics to you if you let me know who your favorite player(s) are.

The photos are on my external back up drive, so let me hook it up and pull out the Graydon pictures.

binkygirl
07-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Bad news. I only backed up Days 1 and 2 of last year's LA tournament to my external hard drive and left the others on my PC hard drive which crashed in May! Sorry! I didn't see Graydon until day three.