Scotso
08-09-2005, 11:55 PM
I guess they really do love him :D

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 12:17 AM
:D:D:D:D

mangoes
08-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Well Roger isn't there and I think ESPN time schedule expected Roger's matches.

NYCtennisfan
08-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Besides Roddick, Agassi, and Federer, Nadal is getting the most press now here. I have never seen such positive press for a kid who had not won a GS yet when Nadal was at RG. Of course, there have been so very few 18 year olds who have had the kind of run he was on then.

LaTenista
08-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Two days in a row of Rafa. :yeah: ESPN is repenting for being a virtually Nadal-free zone for the last two months.

Since Roddick has lost, I bet there's a good chance we could see Rafa's 3rd round match - I hope he ends up playing Gasquet!

NYCtennisfan
08-10-2005, 02:44 AM
Two days in a row of Rafa. ESPN is repenting for being a virtually Nadal-free zone for the last two months.

When would they have showed him LaTenista? Since Roland Garros, he has played one match at Halle (an event ESPN doesn't cover), two matches at Wimbledon and they showed quite a bit of his match against Muller, and a bunch of claycourt tournaments that ESPN has never covered. So, tallying it all up, they have had 3 matches where they could've shown him and they have shown him 2 of those matches. It will be 3 out of 4 tommorrow.

Scotso
08-10-2005, 02:44 AM
I'll never bore of Gasquet-Nadal matches. I think this is going to become a pretty good rivalry.

robinhood
08-10-2005, 03:11 AM
With all the big names missing or dropping like flies, they have no choice.

NYCtennisfan
08-10-2005, 03:14 AM
I'll never bore of Gasquet-Nadal matches. I think this is going to become a pretty good rivalry.

Totally agree.

Haute
08-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Everyone loves Nadal. :rolleyes: I think Brad Gilbert wants to have his babies.

NYCtennisfan
08-10-2005, 03:22 AM
^HAHAHAHA. Brad is all over anyone that is winning at the time. He was talking about PHM in glowing terms tonight even though we all know that sooner or later, the REAL PHM will show up and start losing matches because of his brain.

RebelNYC
08-10-2005, 01:38 PM

Good one!

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Brad called Nadal "overrated" in the past :)

croat123
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Two days in a row of Rafa. :yeah: ESPN is repenting for being a virtually Nadal-free zone for the last two months.

Since Roddick has lost, I bet there's a good chance we could see Rafa's 3rd round match - I hope he ends up playing Gasquet!
maybe cause nadal sucks on grass (and they still showed two of his wimbledon matches) :o

anyways, tonight's match has the potential to be even more boring than the match vs. moya :zzz:

Whistleway
08-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Nadal is exciting to watch. No questions about it.

tangerine_dream
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Who actually believed that ESPN would NOT show Nadal? :retard: Duh. The kid's hotter than hot. ESPN wants in on the Raging Bull. :)

rofe
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Unless, Gasquet keeps losing that is. It is not really a rivalry right now.

Nimomunz
08-10-2005, 03:49 PM
speaking of espn and nadal i was on the espn tennis forum just checking it out and i left laughing so hard :lol: i was tearing. there are two-count em- threads on how Nadal might be gay. If your not homophobic and wont find the notion of speculating on a players sexuality offensive, check it out!

if you are dont go there and come back and bitch to me :wavey:

Angle Queen
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
It looks like it's the only singles night match...and come on, he is the #1 seed. If he takes out Mello quickly...any chance we'd see the Nalby/Puerta v Knowles/Nestor doubles match after it? Nah...not on your life. :rolleyes:

Clara Bow
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
speaking of espn and nadal i was on the espn tennis forum just checking it out and i left laughing so hard

One if not both of those threads also has a poster who also repeatedly insists that it is a well-known secret on the tour that Roger Federer sleeps with men. :rolleyes:

The ESPN forums are pretty darn trashy with cycles of people saying racist things about one another. Not my cup of tea.

Castafiore
08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
That espn board is trashy and nasty as hell at times, but at the same time...it's strangely entertaining.

Thanks for the tip, nimonutz. I had a great time reading them. Trouble is that I can't always tell when they are being serious or just joking. I'm hoping it's the latter.
Joke or not, that theory "why Federer has trouble beating Nadal" is :haha:

Clara Bow
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Joke or not, that theory "why Federer has trouble beating Nadal" is :lol:

I will admit that theory made me laugh. Sounds like something straight out of tennis-slash fanfiction. And I had to hoot when someone used the pictures from pre-trophy presentation in Miami as “evidence.”

any chance we'd see the Nalby/Puerta v Knowles/Nestor doubles match after it?

I would love it if they would show some of that. A lot of the crowd should stay around since a Canadian will be playing. Nalby/Puerta were a treat to watch during Davis Cup. I hope that since they are playing here this is an indication that they will start to be a pretty regular paring at tournaments.

Castafiore
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM
And I had to hoot when someone used the pictures from pre-trophy presentation in Miami as “evidence.”
Yes, it says more about their own fantasy world than anything.
Using that Miami picture as evidence is fantastic :haha:
http://www.futuretennisstars.com/images/rogerrafael.gif
Obvious, isn't it? ;)

Erm..Nimomunz...I just noticed that I seem to have mistyped your nickname as "nimonutz".
Sorry, wasn't intentional.

Nimomunz
08-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Erm..Nimomunz...I just noticed that I seem to have mistyped your nickname as "nimonutz".
Sorry, wasn't intentional.
oh yes it was :lick: :aplot:

Castafiore
08-10-2005, 04:43 PM
oh yes it was :lick: :aplot:
:kiss:

NYCtennisfan
08-10-2005, 05:18 PM
After Agassi beat up on Martin, they showed Rusedski live. They might do it this time as well or they might show action from Agassi from the afternoon. My bet is on Agassi.

Lee
08-10-2005, 05:31 PM
It looks like it's the only singles night match...and come on, he is the #1 seed. If he takes out Mello quickly...any chance we'd see the Nalby/Puerta v Knowles/Nestor doubles match after it? Nah...not on your life. :rolleyes:

I would love to see the doubles match too.

And Clara Bow is right that many Canadians will stay to watch Nestor.

Haute
08-10-2005, 06:30 PM
After Agassi beat up on Martin, they showed Rusedski live. They might do it this time as well or they might show action from Agassi from the afternoon. My bet is on Agassi.

Why Agassi's if it's on live right now? :confused:

mangoes
08-10-2005, 08:29 PM

I, too, see them as a major rivalry in the future.

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 08:37 PM
When Cliff said, "we'll be right back with live tennis" before on the of commercial breaks I thought we might have a chance to see one of the three matches going on....but they came back with a replay of last night's match. I guess live tennis is just too much to ask for.

*M*
08-10-2005, 08:49 PM
When Cliff said, "we'll be right back with live tennis" before on the of commercial breaks I thought we might have a chance to see one of the three matches going on....but they came back with a replay of last night's match. I guess live tennis is just too much to ask for.True. I'd really like to see the Grosjean-Gasquet match. Mathieu is also playing Clement right now. The French guys are all battling it out!

tennisgirl19
08-10-2005, 08:51 PM
When Cliff said, "we'll be right back with live tennis" before on the of commercial breaks I thought we might have a chance to see one of the three matches going on....but they came back with a replay of last night's match. I guess live tennis is just too much to ask for.

You can say that again. I was getting ready for Grosjean vs. Gasquet or Mathieu vs. Clement (or even anything). We end up with Roddick vs. Mathieu again. Its so annoying. Patrick is always hyping Gasquet (not that I mind) and then he's actaully playing and they won't show it. It makes no sense. I guess its not Patrick or Cliff's fault, its the ESPN producers who decide what to show or not to show. The only reason I'm online now is to watch the scores of the Gasquet match and the other ones that ESPN won't show.

ESPN :mad:

Whistleway
08-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Why can't we have a system where we can choose what live matches to be shown on ESPN. A nice poll at ESPN.com would do wonders to drive folks to their website as well as give fans what they want. Just like MTV2 Control Freak (http://www.mtv.com/onair/mtv2/control_freak/) show.

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Yep, I would have liked to see either of those matches. And you would think that since they are talking about the Nadal/Gasquet rivalry and anticipating them possibly meeting, they would show some of Gasquet's match. It's not like Grosjean is a no-name either. But it started raining anyways, so I guess those matches would have been cut off as well and we'de be forced to see something on tape after all.

tennisgirl19
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Choosing what we want to see would be a really good idea. As you said more people to the site. Its a win-win situation for us and them.
The rain coming made me feel a little better about not seeing the other matches. Still though the first few games would of been nice.

If its still raining by 7:30 when the Nadal-Mello match is scheduled to be on do you think they will go the Roddick-Mathieu tape match again?
I'm thinking maybe Andre's win from today, but nothing with ESPN would surprise me.

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 09:44 PM
God I hope not. Maybe since they were supposed to be showing Rafa, they would show his match from yesterday? Who knows. Let's just hope that it won't be raining lol

I like that idea, whistleway. It would actually be interesting to see what the majority of people want to see.

Leo
08-10-2005, 09:50 PM
This is really no surprise. He is the #1 seed here and I'd say he is ESPN's #4 guy after Agassi, Roddick, and Federer. Safin and Hewitt behind Nadal in their minds.

Leo
08-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe we'll get to see something else besides Nadal if it keeps raining for another hour and a half! Honestly, there are so many more interesting matches than Nadal vs. Mello going on today.

Leo
08-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Choosing what we want to see would be a really good idea. As you said more people to the site. Its a win-win situation for us and them.
The rain coming made me feel a little better about not seeing the other matches. Still though the first few games would of been nice.

If its still raining by 7:30 when the Nadal-Mello match is scheduled to be on do you think they will go the Roddick-Mathieu tape match again?
I'm thinking maybe Andre's win from today, but nothing with ESPN would surprise me.

They've already shown Roddick/Mathieu and Nadal/Moya twice, so it would be Agassi/Bjorkman again.

connectolove
08-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Let's not forget that Nadal is now the #2 player in the world, it makes sense that they show his games often. Also, he is playing on a surface that is not easy for him, and that makes watching him very interesting. We are witnessing his progress.

C.

LaTenista
08-10-2005, 10:47 PM
45 minutes til 7:30 and still rain. Any chance ESPN will broadcast Gasquet-Grosjean live if they get back on court tonight?

Clara Bow
08-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Any chance ESPN will broadcast Gasquet-Grosjean live if they get back on court tonight?

Possibly,since they showed some of Max/Rusedski during the day coverage while while waiting for Agassi.

Scotso
08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Looks like no Rafa tonight :sad:

It's the only reason I survived the day, too :(

Scotso
08-10-2005, 11:32 PM
LOL they're showing Agassi again :rolleyes:

oneandonlyhsn
08-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Looks like no Rafa tonight :sad:

It's the only reason I survived the day, too :(

According to the Canadian broadcast they will try and squeeze all the matches tonight. I am almost sure that Rafa will play. Courts a re being dried now, and they have very fancy drying systems so it should be very quick

Scotso
08-10-2005, 11:37 PM
That's swell for you, but I don't live in Canada :p

oneandonlyhsn
08-10-2005, 11:38 PM
That's swell for you, but I don't live in Canada :p

I thought you live in the states, I think TSN and ESPN are basically showing the same coverage just different commentators :scratch: I think

fenomeno2111
08-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Chance of precipitation in the next four hours in Montreal is 40 %, i just checked :sad: I hope the rain stops i want to see that match since i could just catch the last two games of Nadal- Moya yesterday :mad:

Scotso
08-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Nope, not the same coverage. You're getting a lot more of this tournament than we are.

LaTenista
08-11-2005, 12:28 AM
The Gasquet-Grosjean match is playing now and ESPN is still showing the taped Agassi match. :mad:

oneandonlyhsn
08-11-2005, 12:34 AM
The Gasquet-Grosjean match is playing now and ESPN is still showing the taped Agassi match. :mad:

Yep they are in the TB but there is a slight drizzle :mad:

RoddickBabe10
08-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Are they gonna be showing Nadal's match though? I am at work right now and wanted to see how the match is going but I guess it hasn't even started... :(

Regenbogen
08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
are they not showing it? cuz they're not showing tennis anymore....

noodles24
08-11-2005, 01:34 AM
are they not showing it? cuz they're not showing tennis anymore....

I doubt it. They've got MLB after this all-important bowling thing, and I doubt ESPN would hold off baseball for tennis, Nadal or not. :rolleyes:

PamV
08-11-2005, 01:38 AM

Maybe it will be some day.....but so far Gasquet does't seem to be the fighter that Nadal is. Gasquet's best match was his Monte Carlo match with Federer. Since then he's been off and on.

PamV
08-11-2005, 01:40 AM

No everyone doesn't love Nadal. I think his style is ugly. I hate how he constantly hits off the back foot leaning backwards with each swing. He makes everything look like more work that it should be. He makes ugly faces when he plays also.

Clara Bow
08-11-2005, 01:44 AM
This was bullshit coverage by ESPN tonight. No live tennis at all- just a replay of the Agassi match.

Whenever I think that ESPN is getting better they pull this type of crap.

PamV-Rest assured, I have noticed you don't like Nadal. You like to proclaim that often. ;)

Fumus
08-11-2005, 01:45 AM
who doesn't love Nadal...gosh..

Fumus
08-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Maybe it will be some day.....but so far Gasquet does't seem to be the fighter that Nadal is. Gasquet's best match was his Monte Carlo match with Federer. Since then he's been off and on.

Mostly on...lets remember he did win a tourny on grass.

Clara Bow
08-11-2005, 01:48 AM
who doesn't love Nadal...gosh..

A lot of posters on MTF. I am not one of them though, I am fond of Rafa. (I know you are being cheeky by the way.)

Mostly on...lets remember he did win a tourny on grass.

I agree he had pretty good form for most of the short grass season.

VingaRafel
08-11-2005, 01:52 AM
I am so disgusted, I came home early to watch the match and it never happened. I could have stayed out in the Village drinking my frozen margaritas, and I came home for nothing :mad: :mad: I'm going back out, I am pissed !

Fumus
08-11-2005, 01:53 AM
A lot of posters on MTF. I am not one of them though, I am fond of Rafa. (I know you are being cheeky by the way.)

I agree he had pretty good form for most of the short grass season.

I am not being cheeky...http://mostemailed.xidus.net/images/22142.jpg
where the heck would you get that idea from!?!

Seriously, everyone loves Nadal. :angel:

Clara Bow
08-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Fumus, your punny post picture has inspired me to head out for a night-time run. I want to avoid getting a rear end like that lady.

Fumus
08-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Indeed Clara...Indeed.