Where in the HELL is Mal Washington??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where in the HELL is Mal Washington???

Foot_Fault
08-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Brad Gilbert courtside irks me. He was yelling at the ball boy to get Rafa some more water....with an ESPN mic in his hand. Too Funny. But where is Mal? Did ESPN dump him? or is he off having ANOTHER kid?

tangerine_dream
08-09-2005, 06:54 PM
But where is Mal? Did ESPN dump him?
God I hope so.

Fumus
08-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Mal is locked up in my basement along with Luke Jensen.

onewoman74
08-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Why do you care about Mal W?...he was crap!!! good riddance!!!

smucav
08-09-2005, 08:19 PM
ESPN didn't renew Washington's contract when it was up at the end of 2004. Brad Gilbert was hired in January to replace Washington as roving reporter, but his role has been expanded in recent months.

Seleshfan
08-09-2005, 09:18 PM
ESPN didn't renew Washington's contract when it was up at the end of 2004. Brad Gilbert was hired in January to replace Washington as roving reporter, but his role has been expanded in recent months.

I guess that old saying, "once you go black, you never go back" isn't true after all.

Murkofan
08-09-2005, 09:55 PM

Just when I thought ESPN couldn't get any dumber...

tall_one
08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Mal is locked up in my basement along with Luke Jensen.
:yeah: :woohoo:

can you add Brad to your collection? pleaseeeee :)

Regenbogen
08-09-2005, 10:39 PM
ESPN didn't renew Washington's contract when it was up at the end of 2004.
:yeah:

...not that i love brad gilbert, but i definitely think he's more interesting.

BiancaUL
08-09-2005, 10:40 PM
::sighs:: Mal. Only now do I miss thee.

sigmagirl91
08-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Where the HELL is he? He can stay wherever the HELL he is right now.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-10-2005, 12:51 AM
sigmagirl expressed my sentiments.

smucav
08-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Mal Washington seems like a nice fellow, but he didn't really add much to the coverage & in some ways took away from it by making very obvious comments ("so & so must play well to win this match"). He also seemed to reference his own career way to often for what it was (finalist, Wimbledon & Miami; winner, four ATP titles; career high ranking #11; Davis Cup team member). It's unfair to compare him to the many commentators who were marquee players (Johnny Mac, Jim Courier, etc.), but he falls somewhere between Jimmy Arias & Leif Shiras & they are much more interesting commentators & reference their own careers far less than Washington did.

I think he's spending most of his time these days running his foundation in Jacksonville & travels often to watch his siblings on the WTA/ATP tours. (Mashona is playing the best tennis of her career at age 29 & Mashiska divides his time between challengers & ATP qualifying tournaments.)