Work sucks! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Work sucks!

Scotso
08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I just had my first day of work today, ever. I had a full scholarship to college and my parents never made me work, but I'm taking time off before grad school and I had to get a job to earn some money so I can live on my own and such. Let me just say... ugh! I hate it. They actually make you do stuff.

What a sad world.

Haute
08-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Oh boo hoo. :p ;) Where are you working?

Saumon
08-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I just had my first day of work today, ever. I had a full scholarship to college and my parents never made me work, but I'm taking time off before grad school and I had to get a job to earn some money so I can live on my own and such. Let me just say... ugh! I hate it. They actually make you do stuff.
What a sad world.
:lol:

alfonsojose
08-08-2005, 11:31 PM
try suck as work then :lick: :p

sol
08-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Well:scratch:... mine sucked:shrug:... that's because I'm not working now ;)

Scotso
08-09-2005, 12:55 AM
I work for a marketing consulting company.

They pay me like, almost nothing. :rolleyes:

El Legenda
08-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Before this summer i been working at my mom's place since i was 15...well i didnt work, i seat in her office and played games on computer, while getting paid :rolls: having ur mom as boss is best think ever.

YoursTruly
08-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Before this summer i been working at my mom's place since i was 15...well i didnt work, i seat in her office and played games on computer, while getting paid :rolls: having ur mom as boss is best think ever.

That's really cool, but just as long as you actually do something too! lol. Anyways, work does suck but that's why you should find something you like to do or find a good work environment.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-09-2005, 02:25 AM
i wish i could find a job doing something i actually like... like going to tennis tournaments...

Kristen
08-09-2005, 02:57 AM
It's all downhill from here KBF. ;)
What are you going to study at College? In the marketing area, or is that just a random job you have for the time being?

Haute
08-09-2005, 03:25 AM
i wish i could find a job doing something i actually like... like going to tennis tournaments...

I did something like that by working for a nonprofit agency, and still ended up having to quit. lol I kind of wish now that I hadn't because the Michigan job market sucks and I've been looking for a new job since October. :sad:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-09-2005, 03:39 AM
I did something like that by working for a nonprofit agency, and still ended up having to quit. lol I kind of wish now that I hadn't because the Michigan job market sucks and I've been looking for a new job since October. :sad:
did you get paid well, or was it a volunteer thing?

CooCooCachoo
08-09-2005, 10:23 AM
This is your first job? Seriously?

Wow. That's not good for your CV either.

MariaV
08-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Oh, could I get this job together with you? :haha: :lol: That's what I'd like best. :lol:

MariaV
08-09-2005, 11:38 AM

What a sad world.
Welcome to the real world pal! I've been working since I turned 18.
Work does suck btw. :( :(

Haute
08-09-2005, 05:32 PM
did you get paid well, or was it a volunteer thing?

I think the biggest paycheck I had for the 2 week pay schedule was around $350, maybe $400. But that's because we were having to put in 8-12 hours everyday. But shortly after that, we had to go for about 4 months without being paid because our grant money had run out. It was a pain in the ass, but a good experience to have nonetheless. I have quite a few good connections now though. :)

RogerRocks
08-09-2005, 09:26 PM
I like my job. :D

Saumon
08-09-2005, 09:37 PM
what's your job?

RogerRocks
08-09-2005, 10:35 PM
surgery assistent, anesthesia department :)

Scotso
08-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Sticking people with needles would let out some of my tension, too. Mostly my job is just really boring.

Scotso
08-10-2005, 12:11 AM
It's all downhill from here KBF. ;)
What are you going to study at College? In the marketing area, or is that just a random job you have for the time being?

I already went to college, I graduated valedictorian with a political science degree. how I ended up in this job I don't know :o

sigmagirl91
08-10-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't like my job all that well, but it pays for my classes, so I can't complain too much......

Havok
08-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Woah you never had a job in your life before this? And I thought I was lazy :tape:.

Scotso
08-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Naldo honey... having a job doesn't make you not lazy. I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished thus far.

I think most people having the option to not work would chose that. It gave me time to be a great student and have a social life.

Kristen
08-10-2005, 08:21 AM
:lol: Having a job at a younger age can just teach you about the suckyness of it all, sooner than other people. KBF, Glad you did well in your studies (don't quite understand the systems of other countries, lol! oops). You obviously worked hard for it. If only there was a scholarship for life / bludging on MTF. We'd all be competing for that one ;) I study at uni part time, and work casually as a waiter in a few places around town, when I want some cash. I'm happy with my situation :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Dude, I can't believe that you're 45 and have never had a job before now. This stuns me. I mean, I think that I already knew, but I'm still stunned.

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Naldo honey... having a job doesn't make you not lazy. I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished thus far.

I think most people having the option to not work would chose that. It gave me time to be a great student and have a social life.
I wouldn't choose not to work :shrug:

But you are correct that not having one didn't necessarily mean that you were lazy.

NYCtennisfan
08-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Where are you going to grad school KBF?

Scotso
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Probably UVA.

and omg... this job sucks so much. I don't think I'm going to last long there. it's just SO boring. I spend most of my day staring and the clock and playing with my gum.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-11-2005, 03:44 AM
UGH!!! i'd kill myself! (i'm surprised i haven't already as a result of my own job!!)

Scotso
08-11-2005, 04:07 AM
Trust me, when I'm sitting at that desk I wonder about how painful it would be to strangle myself with the phone cord :p

Kristen
08-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Are you able to use a computer / play solitaire or freecell, or access MTF at this job without being caught? :lol: Then again, not even MTF could save you from that much boredom :hug:

alelysafina
08-11-2005, 05:12 AM
I work for a marketing consulting company.

They pay me like, almost nothing. :rolleyes:

Atleast you get paid!!!! I have had five jobs, and I have been forced to do these jobs by my mother, and I have not seen one single pay check! :sad:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Atleast you get paid!!!! I have had five jobs, and I have been forced to do these jobs by my mother, and I have not seen one single pay check! :sad:
ugh! that SUCKS!!!! if i didn't get paid so well at this job that i have now, i'd be gone so fast! the money's the only think that's keeping me there. i'm counting the days til i'm done (my last day is August 25th :woohoo: ) 13 more days.....

Scotso
08-11-2005, 11:41 AM
The money is what keeps me going too, even though it isn't much.

And I do play on the internet some, but my little (and I mean LITTLE) cubicle is right beside the boss' office :rolleyes:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-11-2005, 03:41 PM
is right beside the boss' office
ugh, i HATE that! mine isn't by the boss's office, but i have to watch my back cause they're always walking around... i've been caught too many times online when i wasn't supposed to be... i dont go on anymore except at lunch.

*karen*
08-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I got my first job when i was 16 and still at school. It was stacking shelves and i hated it but I liked having my own money and it felt like alot at the time even though it was only 4 pound per hour. I'm at college studying nursing just now and get a bursary. I don't do any paid work but am on work placements half the year. Some days are great somedays suck but thats just life.

Scotso
08-31-2005, 12:01 AM
I quit my job today. :rolleyes: Friday will be my last day.

I just couldn't take any more insults from my boss, who needs to be fired... but it will never happen because he's a perfect little suckup to his bosses.

Now I have to spend three months looking for another job that will probably suck equally.