TheBoiledEgg
08-08-2005, 08:15 PM
:woohoo: Chipmunk :worship: :devil:

MissJessou
08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Tim! :sad:

mangoes
08-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Color me SHOCKED!!! What happened??? Did anyone see the match?

TheBoiledEgg
08-08-2005, 08:28 PM
i only saw last set cos me watching Kajsa Berqvist in Helsinki winning gold

heard Henman was a set and 4-2 up and choked :o

Hrbaty ran away with 3rd
Henman did have a few chances to break, close games in 3rd but he couldnt win the big pts.

Mistaflava
08-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Henman was up a break in the 2nd set and blew it. He should either retire or start doing a better job fixing his own matches.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Perfect :D

Scarlett
08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
tim :smash:

Mistaflava
08-08-2005, 08:35 PM
he has cost me so much money the last few weeks

Space Cowgirl
08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
he has cost me so much money the last few weeks
oh cry me a river :(

Mistaflava
08-08-2005, 08:42 PM
oh cry me a river :(

wtf is your problem idiot? Mind your own business bitch

1sun
08-08-2005, 08:47 PM
poor timmy :sad:

oneandonlyhsn
08-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Dominator :woohoo:
He hung in there when he wasnt playing well and eventually it paid off.

Space Cowgirl
08-08-2005, 09:19 PM
wtf is your problem idiot? Mind your own business bitch
charming :rolleyes:
I have no time for people like you who don't give a shit for a sport except for how it can line your pockets. Go jump off a bridge or something

Papakori
08-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Dominik :yippee: :worship:

revolution
08-08-2005, 09:35 PM
I said Henman was done, and I've been proved right. He owned Hrbaty on HC, soon all his bunnies will be beating him.

Scotso
08-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Dominator :D

NYCtennisfan
08-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Sadly no surprise here. Thanks for the vcash Hrbaty.

|-Safin_Coria-|
08-08-2005, 10:46 PM
:bigcry: Timmy....whats going on?! :crying2:

Haute
08-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I like Tim, but I think he's just about done. :sad:

lucashg
08-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Poor Henman, he's having one really bad year for his 2003/2004 standings.

Mistaflava
08-08-2005, 11:43 PM
not having a bad year...he's done

Mistaflava
08-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Henman bounced from Rogers Cup

Canadian Press

8/8/2005 1:43:28 PM

MONTREAL (CP) - Veteran British tennis player Tim Henman's game continued to struggle as the 10th seed lost in the opening round of the $2.2 million US Rogers Cup tournament.

Dominik Hrbaty of Slovakia, 27, beat Henman in three sets, 3-6, 7-5, 6-1.

It marked the second straight victory for Hrbaty, ranked 26th in the world who closed the career gap to 3-1 last spring by beating Henman in Rome.

Henman, 30, used his usual combination of tough serves and finessed net play in the first set. But a lapse in the second set continued through the third, frustrating Henman, who shot a ball into the stands upon being broken to trail 1-3.

"It's frustrating," he said after the match. "I haven't played that much tennis and that many matches."

Although he claims to be working hard off-court, Henman hasn't done well in competition.

"I'd love to be winning and getting on a roll, but I'm not putting any extra pressure on myself."

Henman said he re-evaluated his game after his disappointing early loss at Wimbledon. He took a couple of weeks off in Italy and came back motivated and refreshed.

"It certainly hasn't shown in my results yet but I'm a big believer the hard work you put in will pay off somewhere down the line."

Joining Henman on the sidelines was 16-year-old Phillip Bester of North Vancouver, B.C., who failed against Ricardo Mello of Brazil 4-6, 2-6.

Some big serves in the opening game of the match couldn't carry Bester, the 978th-ranked player in the world, to victory against the 56th-ranked southpaw.

"It was a very good learning experience, and I'm very happy I got the opportunity to place here," Bester said following the match.

"It feels good that I didn't go out there and get blown off the court," said the 2004 Under-18 national junior outdoor champion. Bester also reached the semifinals of the USTA International Grass Court Championships.

A series of unforced errors at the net and baseline prevented him from mounting a charge in his first effort at the Canadian ATP tournament.

After winning his opening service game, Bester was broken on his next serve on the tournament's second-largest court before a small audience. Bester lost his serve to start the second set and failed to take advantage of several break opportunities in a later game.

Bester recently earned his first professional points at an event in Granby, Que. But he admitted to being nervous Monday, often overhitting balls.

"It was hard to sleep last night," he said. "Just the excitement, adrenaline."

Bester, who trains at the Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida, plans to enter the Junior U.S. Open and eventually play for Canada in Davis Cup.

Also winning were 15th seed Richard Gasquet of France. He beat Mikhail Youzhny of Russia 6-3 7-6 (3).

The 19-year-old Frenchman's highlight of the year was beating world No. 1 Roger Federer of Switzerland in Monte Carlo.

Gasquet said he appreciated playing in Montreal in front of French Canadian fans, even though the centre court was only one-third filled.

"There were a lot of crowd today for me," he told reporters. "I can speak French here.

"It's better for me."

He hopes that support will continue into a possible third-round match against top seed Rafael Nadal. The Spanish phenom carries a 3-1 career record against Gasquet, having beaten him at the French Open, Monte Carlo and Estril in Spain.

The 11th seed, Tommy Robredo of Spain was pushed to a third set by American Kevin Kim before winning 7-5, 3-6, 6-1.

Mario Ancic of Croatia won a second-set tie breaker to win his match 6-3, 7-6 (8) against Cyril Saulnier of France; Karol Beck of Slovakia beat Noam Okun of Israel 6-3, 6-2; Andrei Pavel of Romania beat Christophe Rochus 6-1, 7-5; Jonas Bjorkman of Sweden beat American Vincent Spadea 6-3, 6-2.

Three-time champion Andre Agassi of the United States is scheduled to make his tournament debut Monday evening against Alberto Martin of Spain. They are to be followed by Frederic Niemeyer of Deauville, Que., who hopes for an upset in his match against fifth-seeded Nikolay Davydenko of Russia.

Other notable tennis stars facing action Monday David Nalbandian of Agentina, and Greg Rusedski of Britain.

YoursTruly
08-09-2005, 02:25 AM
I saw the draw and it was clear that this was going to be a possible upset. Dominic is really like a seeded player who is so dangerous all the time and Tim is not at his best right now. This should have been more like a third rounder or qtrs match.

sports freak
08-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Dominator :woohoo:
He hung in there when he wasnt playing well and eventually it paid off.

Thats what the DOM does best!!!!He cant blow opponents off the court but he can run wit them for as long as they can!!!A fighter wit pure endurance!!!!i heard once he had a marathon 5 setter and the Aust Open and straight after went for a 10km run!!!! :rolleyes:

GonzoFan
08-09-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry for Henman ... but like a lot of people say he's done ... :sad:

joyk
08-09-2005, 08:13 AM
:bounce::bounce:The result isn`t a surprise.

gooner88
08-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Henman is currently going through a rough patch which all players face. At the moment he just can't buy a win. If Tim had won a few key points in the 2nd we'd all be talking about a comfortable straight sets win for Tim.
Writing off Tim after a few bad losses is wrong.

Experimentee
08-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Its really not surprising. I knew Dom would win. He plays better when he is the underdog than when he is a heavy favourite. And Tim hasnt been in great form lately.