Models Again Instead of Ballkids in Madrid Masters-Series !!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Models Again Instead of Ballkids in Madrid Masters-Series !!!

Alvarillo
08-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Woman Models will act as ballkids in 8 matches of Madrid Masters-Series 2006, the night match from Monday-Friday, Semifinals and Final.

This year the models have to pass some castings, they have to show knowledge in Tennis and English, last year the sponsor, HUGO BOSS, got a lot of publicity and was a big success for them.

Also this year the skirt will be shorter in order to help the girls to run :p

You can see photos of the castings here:
http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/tenis/2005/album_casting_masters/index.html

Do you like it?
Discuss! ;)

Nimomunz
08-08-2005, 07:02 PM
i think they were an interesting addition!

oneandonlyhsn
08-08-2005, 07:04 PM
I hear they may have topless male models for the womens tour so it should be awesome. Good for Amelie, bad for her opponents

1sun
08-08-2005, 07:08 PM
hell yeah, its always nice to see pretty faces, and that group of chicks are damn fine.

Papakori
08-08-2005, 07:09 PM
It doesn't really matter to me

Saumon
08-08-2005, 09:13 PM
:woohoo: one more masters series title for marat! :yippee: :tape:

Mrs. B
08-08-2005, 09:14 PM

:lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
08-08-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't like it. it takes away from the ball kids experience

star
08-08-2005, 10:19 PM
I think it is great for Europe where having beautiful long-legged girls in short skirts bending over is classy and cultured, but that it would be bad in the U.S. where it would just be coarse, money grubbing, and disgustingly commercial. :p :p :p

Saumon
08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
btw do the models know what the players do with the towels? :lol: :devil:

G_Hughes
08-08-2005, 10:22 PM
It sucks, they get paid and they donīt give a shit about the game. On the opposite side, kids love the game, make their dream come true watching their idols and donīt want to sleep with them........ :devil:

For another year it will be a nightmare trying to explain those chicken brains chicks the tiebreak rules

Saumon
08-08-2005, 10:24 PM
For another year it will be a nightmare trying to explain those chicken brains chicks the tiebreak rules
i know a russian guy who'll give them lessons for free :angel:

Nimomunz
08-08-2005, 10:25 PM
It sucks, they get paid and they donīt give a shit about the game. On the opposite side, kids love the game, make their dream come true watching their idols and donīt want to sleep with them........ :devil:

everyon still gets a bit confused by the tiebreak rules. the models caught on faster than i thought :devil:

sigmagirl91
08-08-2005, 10:28 PM
It was sick and disgusting then, and it's gonna be sick and disgusting again.

G_Hughes
08-08-2005, 10:29 PM
everyon still gets a bit confused by the tiebreak rules. the models caught on faster than i thought :devil:

yes, only took them three months of trainership.........................

lucashg
08-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I hear they may have topless male models for the womens tour so it should be awesome. Good for Amelie, bad for her opponents

Where did you hear/read this? WTAWorld? :lol: It'd be interesting.

But seriously, I don't like models replacing ballkids purely because it's such a great experience for all the kids who do it, while for most models is just another job.

Nimomunz
08-08-2005, 10:36 PM
its fun and side entertainment esp seeing the playas interact with them!

megadeth
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
then players won't toss their towels at the ball girls anymore :p

alfonsojose
08-08-2005, 11:27 PM
:ras:

bjorn4tennis92
08-09-2005, 12:08 AM
there hot. as longas they do a good job, i say get the models :D

sports freak
08-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Love it,welcome to the new millenium!!!good stuff!!!and people say tennis is boring,back n forth all the time!!!well guess what u wont be bored now!!!!lol!!!double thumbs up for Madrid Masters!!!

gsm
08-09-2005, 05:51 AM
IMO its a disgrace!

G O
08-09-2005, 06:59 AM
hell yeah, its always nice to see pretty faces, and that group of chicks are damn fine.

Whata dumbass :rolleyes:

drf716
08-09-2005, 07:52 AM
yes! marat likes it that way i think!

GonzoFan
08-09-2005, 08:25 AM

yes ... the models are taking away the kids dreams and a great experience ... :sad:

GonzoFan
08-09-2005, 08:26 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pikespeak
08-09-2005, 08:30 AM
I went through the pictures--and, um, you have to ask--

Are these girls really MODELS, or just pretty girls who auditioned for the job?

People use the word Model too loosely. This brings to mind Andy Roddick's old girlfriend Lauren Bedford who was allegedly a model :rolleyes: , but I have never seen a picture of her actually modeling...anything--EVER. She's a supposed pretty girl, nothing more...like these girls here.

And that's a memo.

:lol: :lol:

J/K, well not really.

delsa
08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
yes ... the models are taking away the kids dreams and a great experience ... :sad:
That's what i think too. It won't push me to buy Hugo Boss either...

Meeek
08-09-2005, 09:20 AM
I went through the pictures--and, um, you have to ask--

Are these girls really MODELS, or just pretty girls who auditioned for the job?

People use the word Model too loosely. This brings to mind Andy Roddick's old girlfriend Lauren Bedford who was allegedly a model :rolleyes: , but I have never seen a picture of her actually modeling...anything--EVER. She's a supposed pretty girl, nothing more...like these girls here.

And that's a memo.

:lol: :lol:

J/K, well not really.

Well, if you do one photoshoot at some aweful photographer, you're already a model these days aren't you? ;)
These girls aren't even exceptionally pretty. So I'm with you on this one ;)

Anyway, if they wanna promote their tournament this way...
Didn't hurt Marat's performance last year, so bring them on I say :p ;)

CooCooCachoo
08-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Most of them were ugly twigs that looked like they were going to break if they caught a tennis ball. So, no, I don't like it.

Kat!
08-09-2005, 09:52 AM
hmm.... let's think positively..... :scratch: maybe they can retrieve balls faster with the long legs...?

Effka
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
As long as Marat wants to show off in front of them and grabs the title once again, i'm fine with that :cool:

warfreakbix
08-09-2005, 11:17 AM
As long as Marat wants to show off in front of them and grabs the title once again, i'm fine with that :cool:

I'm with the above post. :p

*Ljubica*
08-09-2005, 12:02 PM
They don't really bother me one way or another - and to be hoenst, when I was in Madrid last year, people hardly noticed them after the intial "oh look - there's those models we read about" kind of way. Like CooCoo says - most of them were far too thin and scrawny to be that attractive anyway - and as most of the players have much more attractive girlfriends in tow I doubt they distract the participants.

Nimomunz
08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
he didnt want them to touch his towel..really funny!!
even agassi with his wife and two kids enjoyed it.

drf716
08-17-2005, 02:12 AM
even agassi with his wife and two kids enjoyed it.
what did the family enjoy?
the fact that marat didnt want them to touch his towel?

tinuviel_estel
08-17-2005, 02:14 AM
:lol::lol: nice one!!

YoursTruly
08-17-2005, 03:52 AM
I think it was not so bad, but I agree with what some have said that it takes away from the tradition and ball kids dream come true and experience. But at the same time, it gives those pretty Spanish models a job and gig because modelling can be an unstable career.

El Legenda
08-17-2005, 03:58 AM
wow. Now you can see you favorite players play with a

BONER :lol:

during breaks...players will sit with a towel over the croach.

joyk
08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Why?

I don`t really care,but a lot of kids will be disapointed.

Jogy
08-17-2005, 10:51 AM
I hope the models will be all beautiful ;)

Nimomunz
08-17-2005, 12:03 PM
what did the family enjoy?
the fact that marat didnt want them to touch his towel?
marat is the one who didnt want them to touch his towel. agassi would smile and them when they were delayed in doing something and oddly didnt get as irritated with them as he does the ball kids. his family was just mentioned to note that it wasnt just pleasing to the single players!1

Nikki♥
08-17-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't care. ;)

JuchuPati
08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
wow. Now you can see you favorite players play with a

BONER :lol:

during breaks...players will sit with a towel over the croach.

ohh cool!!! I love tents :drool: