Mariano Puerta and tonight's match [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mariano Puerta and tonight's match

NewTennisFan
08-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Hello everybody. I'm new here, and being new, may be inadvertently posting in the wrong forum. Please bear with me.

What I wanted to get some views on was the match tonight between Puerta and Horna. I understand that Puerta was shocked last week in the Idea Prokom Open. Nevertheless, I can't understand why the general public seem so bent on the idea that Horna walks into this match a clear favorite. Now, I'm not one to be fast on making assumptions, so I'd be interested to see if anybody here could resolve this little issue for me.

For example, is Puerta known or thought to be suffering from some recurrent injury, or something of the sort? Are there any other reasons why so many people are taking this stance?

Action Jackson
08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Check this thread and you'll get some discussion about the tournament in Montreal.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=396

$@M
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
cuz Puerta got knocked out first round in 2 events in a row (last was by Nieminen in straight sets at Sopot on clay!) While Horna, who was in the Quarter-finals in LA, beated playeres like Hrbaty and Ginepri on his way on the Hard-court, actually help to prove that Horna is in good shape and has better preparation for this tournament than Puerta.

The bookie seems to hv picked this up and only paying 1.18 for Horna. I'll say it's still a good bet, but not really worth your money. Good for parlay...

josemanuel
08-10-2005, 04:34 AM
It had no sense Puerta paying 3.00 against Horna as I saw. If you watch their games are at least similar on hard courts, with Puerta serving a little bit better.