Doubles Petition (headed by Bob and Mike Bryan) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Doubles Petition (headed by Bob and Mike Bryan)

RodLo
08-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Just thought some of you would be interested in this.

Bob and Mike Bryan have started a petition against the change in Doubles play. Here's the link if you wish to sign it...

http://www.petitiononline.com/Tennis/petition.html

...or follow the link off their website.

http://www.bobandmike.com/

jazz_girl
08-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks! I'll sign it.
What the ATP is planning to do will kill the doubles in my opinion, it's the worst decision they could have made...

DanEd
08-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Go Atp ;)

RodLo
08-08-2005, 01:10 AM
What the ATP is planning to do will kill the doubles in my opinion, it's the worst decision they could have made...

Couldn't agree more. Total disappointment....:(

Fee
08-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Well, in the interest of being factual (and boring), that petition was actually started by their webmistresses, and the link has been floating around for a few months now. I think I may have signed it twice by accident. Bob and Mike fully support it.

Kudos to Bob and Mike for speaking up about these ridiculous changes instead of being politically correct. Perhaps if enough players and fans speak out, the ATP will abandon this foolishness.

aceit
08-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the link. I'm going to put that everywhere possible for people to see.

Scotso
08-08-2005, 02:11 AM
I signed it a bit ago... there's a link to it on stevegtennis.com.

Paul Banks
08-08-2005, 02:28 AM
The ATP is a business, and they want to kill double because double doesn't generate money, it's as simple as that.

Remember when the End of Year Double Champs was played in a different city than single? There was like 5 people attending.

Double doesn't sell tickets.

Having said that, what happened to the respect of the sport? Maybe the ATP should care a bit more about double players, and fans who enjoy double.

It's fine as it is at the moment, why the obscession to make changes in tennis?

Scotso
08-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Doubles doesn't cost them that much more.

NyGeL
08-08-2005, 02:49 AM
doubles just sell tickets at the Davis Cup, and it's rox xD

I agree with the changes :$

Leo
08-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Is the petition actually in opposition to the changes by the ATP or just to get more doubles on TV?

Golfnduck
08-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Signed it. I think it would take away from tennis.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Signed it 3 times :lol:

RodLo
08-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Is the petition actually in opposition to the changes by the ATP or just to get more doubles on TV?

As it states on their website...
"The ATP has implemented new "Doubles Enhancements" that will go into effect following the US Open. Sets will be played to 5 with a tie-break played at 4-4, with no ad scoring. If you're against these "enhancements" please sign our petition to promote doubles as it's meant to be played."

smucav
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
They were both ranting about the changes during the trophy ceremony in Washington. They thanked the Washington tournament director for being one of the good guys who didn't support the changes & for promoting doubles by putting the majority of their matches in the stadium.

alfonsojose
08-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the link.

CooCooCachoo
08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Well, in the interest of being factual (and boring), that petition was actually started by their webmistresses, and the link has been floating around for a few months now. I think I may have signed it twice by accident. Bob and Mike fully support it.

Kudos to Bob and Mike for speaking up about these ridiculous changes instead of being politically correct. Perhaps if enough players and fans speak out, the ATP will abandon this foolishness.

I think I signed it twice too :tape:

CooCooCachoo
08-09-2005, 10:17 AM
The Bryans refuse to let the issue pass without a fight. They plan to stage as many press conferences as possible to get the word out in an attempt to save their craft. "There is no way we are letting this die," Bob Bryan said. "It means too much to us."

:worship: