Florian Mayer d. Guillermo Coria 6-4, 5-7, 6-3 to reach 1st Tour final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Florian Mayer d. Guillermo Coria 6-4, 5-7, 6-3 to reach 1st Tour final

Raquel
08-06-2005, 07:43 PM
OK I know it's only a semi final of Sopot but as a long time Florian fan this has been his best week all year by far and this result is amazing. To beat Coria on clay always takes a good performance.

This is Florian's first Tour final. Good luck Flo :hug:

DanEd
08-06-2005, 07:44 PM
congrats mayer, he is one of my foreigner fav players :)
guille was very tired but this is better so he has time enough to get fit and defeat perrero again :devil:

sigmagirl91
08-06-2005, 07:45 PM
:eek: :eek: Congrats, Florian.

Raquel
08-06-2005, 07:46 PM
congrats mayer, he is one of my foreigner fav players :)
guille was very tired but this is better so he has time enough to get fit and defeat perrero again :devil:
:lol:

Maybe his flight will be delayed? :p

*Ljubica*
08-06-2005, 07:48 PM
:eek: :eek: Congrats, Florian.

:D :yeah: :D

TheBoiledEgg
wouldnt think there are any direct flights from Poland to Montreal.............

Björki
Have a save trip to Montreal Coria :lol:

*Ljubica*
08-06-2005, 07:49 PM
:lol:

Maybe his flight will be delayed? :p

Careful Raquel - I got a Bad Rep from DanEd earlier for saying I wanted Ferrero to win :angel:

Golfnduck
08-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Congratulations Mayer :yeah:

Raquel
08-06-2005, 07:50 PM
wouldnt think there are any direct flights from Poland to Montreal.............
OK. Hopefully JCF will get lucky and Coria will go from Warsaw to Montreal with a stop off in Melbourne. And then get scheduled to play 10am Monday :devil:

DanEd
08-06-2005, 07:51 PM
I bad repped you coz you are a stupid coria hater ;)
not coz you want ferrero to win
Careful Raquel - I got a Bad Rep from DanEd earlier for saying I wanted Ferrero to win :angel:

*Ljubica*
08-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks sweetie - love you too :angel:

Pea
08-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Amaing week for Florian!:bounce:

Raquel
08-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Amaing week for Florian!:bounce:
Yeah, it really is. It's been a disappointing year for him so far, especially after his rise up the rankings last year. Here in Sopot though he has beaten -
Zabaleta (Semi Finalist in Kitzbuhel last week)
Volandri (Semi finalist in Umag last week)
Nieminen (Who defeated Puerta in first round)
and now Coria. Beating Zabaleta, Volandri and Coria in the same event on clay is really impressive from Florian after the year he has had so far. I just hope he can win the final, which will be against Monfils. I'm pretty sure it's Gael's first final too so someone will win their first title in Sopot, like Nadal did last year.

oneandonlyhsn
08-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Coria :sad: get some rest and get ready to kick ass in HC :hug:

Mayer :worship: good job, now beat the crap out of Monfils :devil:

roisin
08-06-2005, 08:10 PM
OK. Hopefully JCF will get lucky and Coria will go from Warsaw to Montreal with a stop off in Melbourne. And then get scheduled to play 10am Monday :devil:
Perfecto :yeah: :D ;)

Woo for Mayer, I love watching him, his style is so different. those jump backhands are wicked :yeah: I hope he can win in the final! :banana:

nermo
08-06-2005, 08:24 PM
wow:help:, Mayer defeating Coria on clay ..that's something , :scratch:
that must have taken him some effort.well done , Mayer...

Coria, it's hard courts time .. :umbrella: just try to make a difference...

User id 7816
08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Mayer was on a roll this week, well done to him! I thought he had a good chance with Coria the way he's played whole week and he grabbed it :yeah: its gonna be an interesting final, a different one than last weeks without any of the faves there and I wouldnt dare to predict it! Good luck to both!

cleverdutchclogs
08-06-2005, 09:45 PM
This result proves that Coria's best days on clay are behind him! Sure, he beat Moya last week to win a clay court title, but it was a field without the likes of Nadal, Federer, Safin, Gaudio, etc. Put him up against Nadal and he will lose 24 times out of 25!

MATTHIAS
08-06-2005, 10:00 PM
thats really impressive
Corai kicked Florain ass in may on clay (1:6 1:6 at the WTC)
and now he beat him
well done flo
and good luck tomorrow vs. Monfils

alexito
08-07-2005, 12:53 AM
coria is the worst player argentine, he is the only player important in the semi the tournament. it's really easy for him, but lose. gaston is the best.

Leo
08-07-2005, 01:41 AM
He's got an entertaining game and it's nice to see him doing well. Hasn't been a great year for him so this win is a pleasant surprise. Title #1 tomorrow, j'espere!

Another vote for Guillermo jet-lag! :D

Flibbertigibbet
08-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Two first-time tour finalists in the final, eh? Interesting.

yomike
08-07-2005, 01:49 AM
coria is the worst player argentine, he is the only player important in the semi the tournament. it's really easy for him, but lose. gaston is the best.

Yeah Gaudio is way way better than that snot. A liar who said at the French that he wanted to win it because he wanted to show those who accused him of using performance enhancers that he's risen from it. duhduh!! i don't like him and i don't want to win french ever.

<span style="text-decoration: overline; letter-spacing: 1pt">
<font face="Bookman Old Style" size="4" color="#006699">Gaudio Ferrero Gasquet
</font></span>

yomike
08-07-2005, 01:49 AM

Yeah Gaudio is way way better than that snot. A liar who said at the French that he wanted to win it because he wanted to show those who accused him of using performance enhancers that he's risen from it. duhduh!! i don't like him and i don't want to him win french ever.

Scotso
08-07-2005, 05:37 AM
wd Florian :D

Wojtek
08-07-2005, 07:05 AM

From Sopot to Warsaw there is 30 minutes by plane

nermo
08-07-2005, 11:58 AM
This result proves that Coria's best days on clay are behind him! Sure, he beat Moya last week to win a clay court title, but it was a field without the likes of Nadal, Federer, Safin, Gaudio, etc. Put him up against Nadal and he will lose 24 times out of 25!posted by Cleverd.clogs

and why would he win the 25 th time?? :p

well, seriously speaking, Coria is not having the best records on clay this year, this is true, he has got a shaky performance with lots of ups and downs,but honestly i don't think it proves he lost his best days or game abilites on clay?..(not yet i think ..he needs a better chance)

Experimentee
08-07-2005, 01:33 PM
This is surprising. I thought Coria would cruise to victory in this tournament. I saw some highlights of him against Mayer in WTC which he won easily, and Mayer had nothing to hurt him with.