SAULNIER, Cyril FRA v ANCIC, Mario CRO
Qualifier v (2) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS

Denaon
08-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Horna on hard, 1st match?? :scratch: I'm scared :scared:

GO Mariano GO!!

*Ljubica*
08-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Mariano is also playing doubles in Montreal - his partner is David Nalbandian (in preparation for the Davis Cup semis no doubt), and their 1st round opponents are Gaston Gaudio/Feli Lopez.

Three of my favourite players on one court at the same time..........I so wish I could be there!

Denaon
08-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Mariano is also playing doubles in Montreal - his partner is David Nalbandian (in preparation for the Davis Cup semis no doubt), and their 1st round opponents are Gaston Gaudio/Feli Lopez.

Three of my favourite players on one court at the same time..........I so wish I could be there!
Cool :cool: I hope they can win some matches so they can really prepare and get know each other better on court.

Roflmao, I just made my Vbet for Luis against Mariano and odds were 0.3 Horna, 3.00 Mariano :lol: GO Mariano GO!!! :rolls:

It's gonna be a hard match but I trust his confidence in other non-clay courts is much higher now after DC.

*Ljubica*
08-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Here is the OOP for tonight- sadly too late for us poor Europeans to follow :sad: but I'll hope for good news in the morning.

Court BN start 11:00 AM

R Mello (BRA) vs (WC)P Bester (CAN)
(Q)K Kim (USA) vs (11)T Robredo (ESP)
(16)F Gonzalez (CHI) vs M Mirnyi (BLR)
Not before 6:30 PM
(Q)S Wawrinka (SUI) vs G Rusedski (GBR)
L Horna (PER) vs (8)M Puerta (ARG)

Denaon
08-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Here is the OOP for tonight- sadly too late for us poor Europeans to follow :sad: but I'll hope for good news in the morning.

Court BN start 11:00 AM

R Mello (BRA) vs (WC)P Bester (CAN)
(Q)K Kim (USA) vs (11)T Robredo (ESP)
(16)F Gonzalez (CHI) vs M Mirnyi (BLR)
Not before 6:30 PM
(Q)S Wawrinka (SUI) vs G Rusedski (GBR)
L Horna (PER) vs (8)M Puerta (ARG)

I'm sorry you won't be able to watch it, I'm excited coz I might watch it live :bounce: If I watch it, I'll be cheering for you too :banana:

deflori
08-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Cmon Mario;) !!

Btw guys,has he a homepage??

justClaudia
08-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Good luck Mariano! :banana:

Denaon
08-09-2005, 03:47 AM
Congratulations Mariano for your win!!!!!!!! :rolls:

*Ljubica*
08-09-2005, 05:17 AM
Great result to wake up to Mariano - well done :) And as far as I know deflori, he doesn't have his own website :sad:

Mariano and David play their doubles match against Gaudio/Lopez on Court 10 today - here is the OOP.

Court 10
Matches Start At: 2:00 PM

David NALBANDIAN (ARG)/Mariano PUERTA (ARG) vs Gaston GAUDIO (ARG)/Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP)

Choupi
08-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Great news to wake up to this morning. :) And the doubles today, well, I'm shared! I guess everybody will understand why... ;)

Denaon
08-09-2005, 03:24 PM
In singles he'll be playing either Pavel or Rochus C. (I dunno if this match has been played) but I'm satisfied :bounce: with the fact that this time, for the first time, his H2H thread spoke for itself coz it has both players ( :scratch: Of course, this is a TMS :retard: )!!! BTW he hasn't played against any of them :lol:

*Ljubica*
08-09-2005, 04:23 PM
In singles he'll be playing either Pavel or Rochus C. (I dunno if this match has been played) but I'm satisfied :bounce: with the fact that this time, for the first time, his H2H thread spoke for itself coz it has both players ( :scratch: Of course, this is a TMS :retard: )!!! BTW he hasn't played against any of them :lol:

It will be Pavel. He has had a lot of injuries this year and isn't playing very well - so it should be a good chance for Mariano to move further into the draw.

Eugenia
08-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Great win Mariano! In singles, he didn't face ANY break point! :eek: :worship: And in doubles with David... they are just awesome! :banana:

Vamos Mariano!!! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
08-10-2005, 05:43 AM
Here is today's OOP - sad that I still won't get a chance to see Mariano as our TV shows only Central Court and Number 1, and he is on Court 9 again :sad:

Court 9 start 11:00 AM
M Ancic (CRO) vs (Q)F Serra (FRA)
T Berdych (CZE) vs (5)N Davydenko (RUS)
Y El Aynaoui (MAR) vs (11)T Robredo (ESP)
Not before 4:00 PM
A Pavel (ROM) vs (8)M Puerta (ARG)

It will be a busy day for him, as he and David are last on Centre Court in their doubles match against Knowles/Nestor. That will be a hard match - Knowles/Nestor are a great doubles pair and I doubt our boys will win - but it's still great experience for them. For those who don't know - their match against Gaudio/Lopez yesterday finished 6-3, 4-6. 6-1.

Good Luck Mariano :)

*Ljubica*
08-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Mariano won :) The match went on so late it was still going on when I got up for work this morning!! The score...............3-6, 6-3, 6-4.Well done Mariano :)

Denaon
08-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Mariano won :) The match went on so late it was still going on when I got up for work this morning!! The score...............3-6, 6-3, 6-4.Well done Mariano :)
OH! :bounce: :woohoo: when I went to bed they were playing the 2nd set!!
:banana:

deflori
08-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Nice Nice!! Congratz:)

But where can i find pics from montreal?? I cant find pics of mariano!?

Eugenia
08-11-2005, 01:27 PM

The same happened to me... Vamos Mariano!!! :cool:

Denaon
08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Nice Nice!! Congratz:)

But where can i find pics from montreal?? I cant find pics of mariano!?
I wish I could help you with that deflori, I would love to see some Mariano's pics!!!! :bounce:

deflori
08-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Very strange,for a event like that...they are many on getty or other sites,but nothing from maria;)

justClaudia
08-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Mariano def. Malisse :banana:

I'm so happy for him!!

deflori
08-11-2005, 11:04 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

:cool: vammooooooooooos

Denaon
08-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Mariano def. Malisse :banana:

I'm so happy for him!!
:woohoo: So am I :banana:

Eugenia
08-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Woohoo!!! Vamos Mariano!!! :woohoo:

Next match vs. Nadal. Time for a sweet revenge... :devil:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2005, 11:42 AM
I am so looking forward to the Nadal match..........at last Mariano gets to be on a main court and I get TV coverage - first time I'll have seen him all week,and because it's the second match on court it won't be too late for us here in Europe :) Sadly he and David lost their doubles match to Knowles/Nestor last night - the score was 3-6, 6-7(3), but it will enable him to concentrate on the singles more!

Choupi
08-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Well I have strong hopes and good ones! as to be able to see that match. :) Vamos Mariano!!!!!!:bounce:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2005, 12:18 PM
By the way - I have just posted a few Montreal photos over on the Photo Thread. I found them on David's Forum where Jazz_Girl had posted them. I believe they were originally taken by Chloe during her recent trip to Montreal - so thanks to Jazz for posting - and I hope Chloe does not mind them being copied here.

Denaon
08-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh, Choupi and Rosie, lucky girls you have the chance of watching this match!!!! I think it's gonna be a great match, Mariano will fight just as he did in RG.
OMFG I hate not being able to watch it!!!!!!!! :fiery:
I'll be posting here instead of today's OOPS coz these gamblers make me crazy!!!!!

:bounce: So excited :bounce: I won't work :bounce: during this match :bounce: though all I will get :bounce: are delayed scores :bounce:
Go Mariano!!!!!

Denaon
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Oh well, it was really good while it lasted, the match is not over by numbers but apparently it's got a winner......good luck next time Mariano, and Rafael.........:fiery:
no words for you....

Choupi
08-12-2005, 07:52 PM
No Daniel, don't be angry at Rafael. He did a great match, as always. And try to keep in mind that Mariano reaching the QFs on hard is already such a great performance! :p I know more than one who must still be pissed off! :devil: I'm proud of what he has accomplished and losing against the player who is more than likely the future winner of the tournament has nothing to be ashamed of or cringed at. ;) I've skimmed through the chanels during the match to be able to follow it as well as the races that brought us some medals in the athletics...and the most beautiful one! :p The golden one! Finally...