Rogers Cup Draw is OUT [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rogers Cup Draw is OUT

VingaRafel
08-05-2005, 08:49 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/421/MDS.pdf

Coria/Hewitt Qr Mmmmmmm...

Nadal/Roddick SF.... Mmmmmm....

Hewitt/Agassi SF... that's what I'm talking about :devil:

I think Nadal has a relatively easy draw. We'll see how he handles Gasquett on third round :eek:

Go all my favorites !!

Chloe le Bopper
08-05-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't think that Nadal has an easy draw?

Clara Bow
08-05-2005, 08:54 PM
I don't think that Nadal has an easy draw

Me neither. I think it is pretty darn tough. And as I've whined on other threads...I am so tired of Rafael and Richard being drawn to potentialy meet one another in the third round. :mad: If I recall correctly this is 3/3 of the last 3 tournies they have both been in at the same time where they will meet in the third round. (I guess 3 is the magic number here.

And boo to having to have JCF/Coria and Nalby/Chela meet in the first round.

VingaRafel
08-05-2005, 08:55 PM
I am being optimistic and positive about my ultimate favorite, that's all. I am so ignoring the fact that he is playing Moya in the first round... :rolleyes:
I don't think anybody is really easy for him on a hard court anyway.. so..... let the games begin !! :)

NYCtennisfan
08-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Not easy for Nadal but not that difficult either. It seems weird to have a draw tihout Federer in it. I hope we get to see Hewitt/Agassi and Roddick/nadal. I wish Safin and Federer were in this one. It would've made things more interesting.

1sun
08-05-2005, 09:12 PM
nadal has quite an easy draw,not many big servers. its funny though how nadal and richard hav been draw to meet each other in the third round so often.
hewit/ancic could be a good 2nd round. ferrero could make a good run. ivan could have had a better draw to get his summer on track. davy could also make a good run if his wrist holds up but nabs will be in his way in 3rd round.

delsa
08-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Notice that the jinxed "favorite attracter" PHM again drew the tournament's favorite! This time he'll have the "honor" to be crushed by Roddick...:tape:
Lost cause...

Aleksa's Laydee
08-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Horrible draw :mad: Poor Thomas :mad:

Jadyness88
08-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Where is the draw? Everytime I click on that link, it says "Tournament info not available yet". Can someone post it or where else can I find it? i checked the ATP site and the Montreal site. Thanks.

BAMJ6
08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Agassi and Hewitt is a good SF, but i'm not disrespecting Dent and Gaudio.

revolution
08-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Henman might do something here, his draw isn't too bad and he could beat Coria on HC, but nemesis Novak blocks the path :sad:

tangerine_dream
08-05-2005, 09:52 PM
With Hewitt and Nadal back in action, this tournament will be a lot of fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the fireworks. :D

Alvarillo
08-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Ferrero :sad:

David Kenzie
08-05-2005, 09:56 PM
I think that is the 3rd tournament in a row that both Nadal and Gasquet play in that they are drawn the closest their seeding alows them to be.
RG, Wimby and now Montreal !

revolution
08-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Some seeds in danger there.. I think Nalbandian, Coria and Nadal could all crash out first round.

LaTenista
08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Gaudio might actually win 2 matches in a row on a surface other than clay :yeah:

Acasuso's got a shot at his token HC win this week. But pobre Puerta, it's not looking good for you :sad:

lucashg
08-05-2005, 10:36 PM
This draw kinda sucks.

Nadal vs Moya and Coria vs Ferrero, 1st rounds? :rolleyes: But I guess it's good to start off the tournament. Nadal doesn't have that hard of a draw, Moya isn't in good shape, there isn't a big server there unless he faces Karlovic in the QF, which I doubt (I think Johansson will win their 1st round match).

Too bad Federer and Safin aren't there, definitely would've been much more interesting. But still, a great field - everyone's there except these two. I hope Agassi, Coria, Mello and even Hewitt (he needs to win a big title) do well there. Kinda hoping for a Moya's recovery, but with Nadal on 1st round, he'll have to bring his 'A' hardcourt game to come out as the winner. Not happening, though.

nermo
08-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Nadal has got good chances, (not that bad ,not that good) it's time to use them hopefully :angel:
So does Nalbandian..
Coria has got a tough draw i think ..
Roddick ..Goes on with easy draws.. ;) ..and yes Federer is really missed there:angel:

DanEd
08-05-2005, 10:57 PM
easy draw for agassi again :zzz:

buddyholly
08-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Where is the draw? Everytime I click on that link, it says "Tournament info not available yet". Can someone post it or where else can I find it? i checked the ATP site and the Montreal site. Thanks.

Did you find it? It is on ATP site now. Welcome to MTF.

buddyholly
08-05-2005, 11:12 PM
At last, Nadal can tell Moya, ''I'm top.''

tennyfan
08-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Coria is already exhausted in Sopot and he will play the SF there on Saturday and possibly the final on Sunday ... then fly from Poland to Montreal for a Monday or Tuesday match against a well rested Ferrero. I think JC may get his first victory against Coria this season.

silverwhite
08-05-2005, 11:27 PM
What a draw. :help:

silverwhite
08-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Me neither. I think it is pretty darn tough. And as I've whined on other threads...I am so tired of Rafael and Richard being drawn to potentialy meet one another in the third round. :mad: If I recall correctly this is 3/3 of the last 3 tournies they have both been in at the same time where they will meet in the third round. (I guess 3 is the magic number here.

And boo to having to have JCF/Coria and Nalby/Chela meet in the first round.

You're not the only one pissed off. :fiery:

(Let's be WTAWorld-like) The organisers must have rigged the draw! :lol: I mean, the probability that the 2 of them will meet as early as they can in 3 consecutive tournaments is 1/256 (1/8 X 1/8 X 1/4) and they defied the odds. :o

And PHM. :haha: :help: He always draws the top players on the right surfaces. Agassi in Miami, Coria in Monte-Carlo, Federer at Wimbledon and now Roddick in Montreal. All 1st Rounds! I don't even want to calculate the probability. :o

onewoman74
08-06-2005, 02:43 AM

LOL!!! I'll leave that one alone...although a few people on the board have that fantasy fresh in their minds... ;)

I think Nadal can make it to the finals...If I had my wish it would be a Gasquet/Nalby semis, but that's me!!

darnyelb
08-06-2005, 02:49 AM
Look like some very good potential matchups. I'm hoping Roddick and Nalbandian meet up in the quarters - could be a very interesting one.

oneandonlyhsn
08-06-2005, 03:21 AM
:sad: I miss Safin and Federer

disturb3d
08-06-2005, 04:15 AM
easy draw for agassi again :zzz:I don't know of his ability to get past Lopez. That's considering he manages a win over Ivan.

joyk
08-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Coria/Hewitt Qr,now there`s something I wanna see.

ugotlobbed
08-06-2005, 06:32 AM
imma pick winner say agassi wins this one just cuz fed isnt in it HAHH

denine
08-06-2005, 08:08 AM
jcf!

Saumon
08-06-2005, 12:05 PM
:haha: :devil:

TheBoiledEgg
08-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Mathieu will probably find a way to lose from 6-0 5-0 40-0 up sometime soon :help:

TheBoiledEgg
08-06-2005, 12:11 PM
no Marat or Roger ....... :fiery: (as known)
at least i got an alternate thing to watch ;)

IAAF World Champs in Helsinki will take priority ;)

Action Jackson
08-06-2005, 12:14 PM

I virtually stop watching tennis at this time of year.

As for the athletics there is a thread in non-tennis about it.

Back on topic I'll break about the alcohol if Acasuso wins his 1st match.

silverwhite
08-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Mathieu will probably find a way to lose from 6-0 5-0 40-0 up sometime soon :help:

Where did this come from? :p

My guess is that he will play like he did against Hewitt in Indian Wells and against Davydenko in DC. :o

*julie*
08-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Where did this come from? :p

My guess is that he will play like he did against Hewitt in Indian Wells and against Davydenko in DC. :o

You meant against Andreev which was even worse... :rolleyes:
No confidence and awful draws...what a nightmare... :mad:

silverwhite
08-06-2005, 12:43 PM
You meant against Andreev which was even worse... :rolleyes:
No confidence and awful draws...what a nightmare... :mad:

Yes, I meant Andreev. Sorry. :o

Raquel
08-06-2005, 12:44 PM
A couple of positives for JCF is that Coria is still in Sopot on clay and will probably be there tomorrow and he doesn't have to play him on clay. JCF has a better chance on a faster surface against Coria as it will give his groundstrokes more bite. JCF will win! (Please!)

I am looking forward to the athletics too Eggy :D Especially Hicham and Kluft. I miss Szabo though. She was great.

Saumon
08-06-2005, 12:46 PM
A couple of positives for JCF is that Coria is still in Sopot on clay and will probably be there tomorrow and he doesn't have to play him on clay. JCF has a better chance on a faster surface against Coria as it will give his groundstrokes more bite. JCF will win! (Please!)

I am looking forward to the athletics too Eggy :D Especially Hicham and Kluft. I miss Szabo though. She was great.
hicham wont be there my dear ;)

and yes i think that ferrero has a good chance to beat coria, he had better hard court results in the past :o

delsa
08-06-2005, 02:31 PM
You're not the only one pissed off. :fiery:

(Let's be WTAWorld-like) The organisers must have rigged the draw! :lol: I mean, the probability that the 2 of them will meet as early as they can in 3 consecutive tournaments is 1/256 (1/8 X 1/8 X 1/4) and they defied the odds. :o

And PHM. :haha: :help: He always draws the top players on the right surfaces. Agassi in Miami, Coria in Monte-Carlo, Federer at Wimbledon and now Roddick in Montreal. All 1st Rounds! I don't even want to calculate the probability. :o

:lol: The draw is rigged! WHO gave the money? :devil:

Regenbogen
08-06-2005, 03:03 PM
and it might be nadal vs. gasquet in the third round? i think it's rigged and they just want to see how they match up on every different surface :o

well at least roddick's draw looks easier..

*Ljubica*
08-06-2005, 03:09 PM

I'm with you on that one :yeah: And the fact that the rain now in Sopot means Coria will possibly have to play two matches in one day tomorrow ..........I have everything crossed for JC :)

Raquel
08-06-2005, 04:58 PM
hicham wont be there my dear ;)

and yes i think that ferrero has a good chance to beat coria, he had better hard court results in the past :o
No Hicham? :sad: Well he at least has his Olympics gold medals now so it's not so bad.

Rain in Sopot is good news too. After the Umag result, JCF needs any extra advantage he can get. JC played very well on hard in Dubai. I saw the match where he had mp's on Roger and it was one of the highest quality matches of the year for me. If JC can strike the ball as well as he did there, he can definitely get revenge on Coria.

DanEd
08-06-2005, 05:04 PM
The only way that ferrero can defeat nadal and coria is they are tired or injured ;)

Raquel
08-06-2005, 05:36 PM
The only way that ferrero can defeat nadal and coria is they are tired or injured ;)
:ras:

:p

Well I still think next year will be better for JCF in terms of results/form but right now Nadal and Coria, on clay certainly, are too good for him as the results have shown. However if Coria is tired and coming from a clay tournament on the Sunday, I say they should play the 1R on Monday. 10am Monday :devil:

Leo
08-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Ugh, I don't think this draw could be worse for me.

All those predicting Ferrero to have a good run, did they see who his first round match is against?! I guess he has a slight chance considering that Coria could be tired/jet-lagged from his clay court events, but I'm not holding my breath.

And Srichaphan, Grosjean, Youzhny, and Gasquet all in the same section with Nadal most likely awaiting in the 3rd round! :eek: :fiery: :(

And Davydenko/Nalbandian Round of 16. :(

Raquel
08-06-2005, 05:46 PM
All those predicting Ferrero to have a good run, did they see who his first round match is against?!
Yes (sadly).

I guess he has a slight chance considering that Coria could be tired/jet-lagged from his clay court events, but I'm not holding my breath.

I genuinely think he has more than a slight chance. Coria playing in Sopot on clay then playing in Canada on hard courts, is a big factor in me thinking JCF can win. If Coria is arriving in Canada tired then that's only expected if you play a clay court optional event the week before a Masters Series on a different surface. And JCF is a former US Open finalist and had 2 match points against Roger in Dubai this year, so he's pretty comfortable on a hard court. I think he does have more than a slight chance. And I'm glad you're not holding your breath as I don't want you passing out before the event begins :p

Sharad1982
08-06-2005, 05:48 PM
JCF - it's time for him to beat coria, 2 straight losses is it ? one on hard and one on clay ? come on juan carlos, show the old magic and win PLEASE

nadal and moya should be good but moya hasn't been healthy
it'll be great to see nadal win or not get close but win!

Leo
08-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Yes (sadly).

I genuinely think he has more than a slight chance. Coria playing in Sopot on clay then playing in Canada on hard courts, is a big factor in me thinking JCF can win. If Coria is arriving in Canada tired then that's only expected if you play a clay court optional event the week before a Masters Series on a different surface. And JCF is a former US Open finalist and had 2 match points against Roger in Dubai this year, so he's pretty comfortable on a hard court. I think he does have more than a slight chance. And I'm glad you're not holding your breath as I don't want you passing out before the event begins :p

:lol: Yes, I'd like to be fully conscious for the tournament as well. And you do make a good point, so perhaps Juan Carlos can really win this time. You stay optimistic... I rarely am optimistic about any of my favorites. Just not my nature. ;)

Leo
08-06-2005, 05:55 PM
JCF - it's time for him to beat coria, 2 straight losses is it ? one on hard and one on clay ? come on juan carlos, show the old magic and win PLEASE

AO, 3R: 6-3, 6-2, 6-1
Monte Carlo, SF: 6-2, 7-5
Umag, QF: 6-3, 6-0

:o :o :o

Space Cowgirl
08-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Damn, what did Kiwi do wrong in a past life to get this draw? Evil Massu in R1, then Ljubicic or Dent in R2, not to mention Agassi :(

Haute
08-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Yes (sadly).

And Coria is going to a third set again right now. ;)

Juanqui's chances are definitely better in Montreal, but I won't hold my breath. Whenever it looks like the odds are starting to swing his way, he still finds a way to mess things up.

liptea
08-06-2005, 08:28 PM
I hate the whole world for this draw. Mankind must have done something horribly evil for these selections.

roisin
08-06-2005, 08:35 PM
I hate the whole world for this draw. Mankind must have done something horribly evil for these selections.
Ditto :ras:

JC.....*optimistic to the point of insanity* Yes, I think he can win.... :) Its not like he's without hope, it'll be tough though.

User id 7816
08-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I hope these courts are faster than average, then again Ferrero has to not give up the fight as long as he gets broken against Coria, he should know its a dog-fight with this guy, I just want to see some more determination from JC. of course if he wins it'll all be because "Coria was tired" but I dont give a crap for the excuses - I want the real Juan Carlos to come out and play through the draw the odds and all the crap. :ras:

and thanx for putting Gaston and Feli in the same section, as if i could expect sth else.

peteslamz
08-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I think Lleyton has an easy draw and he has huge chance to win this thing.... The other side of the draw is really tough: Nadal, Roddick, Gasquet, T. Johansson are all in the same side.

I would like to see Nadal and Hewitt meet in the finals. The c'mons and vamos would be exciting to watch!

hablovah19
08-07-2005, 02:05 PM

:lol: I'll be watching both!!! :p

Castafiore
08-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I think Lleyton has an easy draw and he has huge chance to win this thing.... The other side of the draw is really tough: Nadal, Roddick, Gasquet, T. Johansson are all in the same side.

I would like to see Nadal and Hewitt meet in the finals. The c'mons and vamos would be exciting to watch!
I agree with this and it would indeed be fun to see a final between Nadal and Hewitt but Nadal has a tough draw so, I'm not keeping my hopes up.
On the other hand, it's a good experience for him and if he wants to be a force on hardcourt, he's going to be able to beat good HC players eventually. Whether he's ready for it this year is another matter. I can only hope.

Mistaflava
08-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Good Luck to all Canadians (anything but a first round exit would be a huge accomplishment):

Frank Dancevic (Ranked #180)

Frederic Niemeyer (Ranked #189)

Rob Steckley (Ranked #583)

Phillip Bester (Ranked #1009)

How Bester got in this thing I have no freaking clue

MariaV
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM

My fellow PHM fan I s'pose. :hug: :help: *sig*

SLICK
08-07-2005, 07:56 PM
easy draw for agassi again :zzz:
Looks like a certain sf place for him probably vs Hewitt. If he makes it to the final will he dare to pull out of Cincinatti where he is defending champ??

LaTenista
08-07-2005, 10:14 PM
I think the Canucks should form a picket line in front of Tennis Canada's offices. Definitely something rotten in the state of Denmark!

:( Cincinnati is one of the most misspelled tournaments on this board.

DanEd
08-07-2005, 10:22 PM
:scratch:I think he will play
Looks like a certain sf place for him probably vs Hewitt. If he makes it to the final will he dare to pull out of Cincinatti where he is defending champ??

silverwhite
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
My fellow PHM fan I s'pose. :hug: :help: *sig*

Guilty :help:

oneandonlyhsn
08-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Gonzo vs Mirnyi 1st round :tape:

Clay_Player
08-08-2005, 05:54 AM
That would be an awsome match . Nadal against roddick, seeing how both nadal and roddick are at their peaks right now . ( kinda )

ssss123
08-08-2005, 03:30 PM
hello