Federer denies reports of serious foot injury [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer denies reports of serious foot injury

max122
08-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Federer taking a break so he can start whooping ass in the US OPEN, or does he really have a foot injury?

DanEd
08-05-2005, 08:20 PM
I think he is ok.

LaTenista
08-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Quote or article?

RebelNYC
08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
I think he is just resting up. I think that's smart of him, even if the injury is not a
serious one.

nobama
08-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Yeah, he's defending champ of Roger's Cup but decided to just take a rest, because 5 weeks off wasn't enough and he could care less about the lost points. :rolleyes:

oneandonlyhsn
08-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah, he's defending champ of Roger's Cup but decided to just take a rest, because 5 weeks off wasn't enough and he could care less about the lost points. :rolleyes:

Very well said :worship: Just because he said the injury is not as serious as the media have made it out to be doesnt mean he doesnt have 1

Corey Feldman
08-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Its very frustrating and im hoping he comes back 100% healthy, but who knows...
most players would give themselves at least more than 1 warm up event (cinci) before the U.S Open, even sampras/agassi in their primes..
but 6 weeks without action is a long time even if he did play alot of matches so far this year, so obviously there is some problems with the feet, but hopefully not serious ones.

nobama
08-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Very well said :worship: Just because he said the injury is not as serious as the media have made it out to be doesnt mean he doesnt have 1
The fact he's defending champ and thus has points to defend, and had 5 weeks without playing in a tournament anyway leads me to believe it was legit. 5 weeks is certainly plenty of time off. I don't think he needed an extra week just to rest. I mean how many players have 6 weeks off during the season unless they're seriously injured, like surgery or something.

PamV
08-06-2005, 01:01 AM

If his foot wasn't that critical then it seems like it would make more sense to try to defend the Canada title and then not worry about Cincy. Either of those two tourneys can serve as a warm up to the US Open. Trying to win both might be too taxing on his foot.....but isn't it better to try to win the earlier one so that he can then rest a bit just before the USOpen?

Of course, Roger and Mirka must know what's best. :worship:

NYCtennisfan
08-06-2005, 01:57 AM
I do think he has foot ailments but nothing serious. He knows that he needs to get his rest in. Over the last 2.5 years, he has played more than 230 matches. That is a LOT of tennis. He needs to take his breaks when he can which will help him prolong his career.

nobama
08-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Last year his schedule wasn't much different, the only difference is he played Gstaad after Wimbledon. Yet this year some people are like "OMG, Fed's taking five weeks off!" :eek: as if it's a big shock or something. Seems to me he pulled out of this tournament because he wouldn't have had any/enough practice time, since he was told to rest his feet for 4 weeks. So no doubt he's using the extra week to work with Tony, especially since Tony isn't coming to the US with him.

ExpectedWinner
08-06-2005, 03:07 PM
but isn't it better to try to win the earlier one so that he can then rest a bit just before the USOpen?

Sampras often skipped the Canadian event, played Cinci and Indianapolis. At Indy he usually didn't bother to go beyond qf.

cleverdutchclogs
08-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Roger Federer has already said that his foot injury is NOT Serious!

I repeat, NOT serious.

Not SERIOUS

But NOT SERIOUS

Did you not hear him say that or have you been asleep for the past week!

max122
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Are you serious :P