My grandmother could beat Roddick in a tiebreak... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My grandmother could beat Roddick in a tiebreak...

henree
08-05-2005, 05:33 AM
I have never seen a big server have such an abysmal tie break record. Roddick is really making things hard for himself. He use to raise his level when playing tiebreaks. Now he just collapses and makes idiotic mistakes when the going gets tough. Could this be mental. Maybe going into a tiebreak his mind becomes heavy with the thoughts of all the tie breaks he has lost earlier in the year. Is a tiebreak just a matter of luck? :cool:

El Legenda
08-05-2005, 05:36 AM
$100 ur grandmother loses 7-0 to Roddick in TB

Deboogle!.
08-05-2005, 05:37 AM
When you are lacking confidence, it really is irrelevant how good your serve typically is.
obviously it's mental...so obvious I can't believe you have to ask. lol.

partygirl
08-05-2005, 05:45 AM
he makes me wanna cry sometimes.

just because you know he can do it.

he must be really frustrated with himself, if i fell this bad for him its gotta be 1000x worse on the inside...dont you think?

Breakaway
08-05-2005, 06:01 AM
Only if your grandmother is Martina Hingis. :p

No I agree its like 80% mental. :(

Black Adam
08-05-2005, 06:06 AM
$100 ur grandmother loses 7-0 to Roddick in TB
make it 2000€;)

El Legenda
08-05-2005, 07:26 AM
make it 2000€;)

with my luck..Andy would toss in a double fault. and win 7-1

J. Corwin
08-05-2005, 09:56 AM
i think my grandmother can beat your grandmother

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-05-2005, 10:36 AM
what? Navratilova is too old;)

Leo
08-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Tiebreaks expose lack of confidence.

1sun
08-05-2005, 03:53 PM
lol

1sun
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
i remember when roddick was almost unbeatable in tiebreaks in 2003 season. he went 13-0 through 2003 until wimbledon when he lost one to federer. funny enough federer was also 13-0 in tiebreaks when he met roddick. then he won that one and then 2 more in the final making him 16-0 in tiebreaks midway through 2003 season.

lau
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
i remember when roddick was almost unbeatable in tiebreaks in 2003 season. he went 13-0 through 2003 until wimbledon when he lost one to federer. funny enough federer was also 13-0 in tiebreaks when he met roddick. then he won that one and then 2 more in the final making him 16-0 in tiebreaks midway through 2003 season.
:lol: You couldn´t help it, right? ;) There are more Fed stats than Roddick stats in that post.... :haha:

Experimentee
08-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Its looking good for Karlovic if thats true :)
But Roddick did beat Karlovic 7-6 7-6 at Queens, so he's not that bad at tiebreaks.

Jennay
08-05-2005, 04:23 PM
:o.
No I agree its like 80% mental. :(
It's 100% mental. You can't follow through and get the results with 'new' tactics or improved shots if you don't have it upstairs.

1sun
08-05-2005, 04:26 PM
:lol: You couldn´t help it, right? ;) There are more Fed stats than Roddick stats in that post.... :haha:
lol.u got me! :p

1sun
08-05-2005, 04:31 PM
:o.

It's 100% mental. You can't follow through and get the results with 'new' tactics or improved shots if you don't have it upstairs.
its definately not 100% mental. u need the game to win. i could have the best mental power ever, with only the thought of wining going through my mind and no doubts of losing. but thats not gonna help me turn my shitty game into a wining one is it?

Nimomunz
08-05-2005, 04:33 PM
its definately not 100% mental. u need the game to win. i could have the best mental power ever, with only the thought of wining going through my mind and no doubts of losing. but thats not gonna help me turn my shitty game into a wining one is it?
explain why Federer and Safin both floundered during that wicked tie-break at the TMC. They both have game but it was the mind that fucked them up!

1sun
08-05-2005, 04:38 PM
explain why Federer and Safin both floundered during that wicked tie-break at the TMC. They both have game but it was the mind that fucked them up!
just to clear things up. when i said my shitty game, i meant my perosnal shitty game and i wasnt implying roddick has a shitty game, just me not him.
actualy both players played very well when they were facing match points/set points, espeicaly safin. that was special tiebreak anyway,not likely to happen again for a long time.

Nimomunz
08-05-2005, 04:44 PM
ok :wavey:
anyho, roddick needs to get out of his woe-is-me funk immediatement!!

Jennay
08-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't think I was referring to you, was I? Andy has the game to win; not necessarily the game to win against all opponents (Federer, for example). Andy is a player that if he doesn't have a lot of confidence, his matches will be dragged out longer than necessary. He hasn't been hitting through the ball with much authority as of late. He has developed a stronger backhand, improved volleys and transition game (and no, I'm not saying that it's the best there ever was :rolleyes: ) especially if you compare these things to Andy's 2003 game, when he won a Grandslam. Even though he didn't have a more developed game there, he still had the confidence.

Maybe you just have no talent, or your opponents are much better, and that's why your mental abilities alone can't carry you. (Not that they can solely do much for anyone).

partygirl
08-05-2005, 05:01 PM
i think the real question is:

could your grandma look as beautiful as roddick in a tiebreak?

no.

i like to call him "beautiful loser".....for now

Pea
08-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Only proves that he's a big server, not a good server.

Fumus
08-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Only if your grandmother is Roger Federer...but then again...what kinda family is that?

Fumus
08-05-2005, 06:13 PM

Your mom gave me good service last night!! OOOOOOOOHHH :p :devil: :o :D

henree
08-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Karlovic takes the 1set in a tiebreak. Great Roddick. :rolleyes:

Socket
08-05-2005, 08:10 PM
What are Roddick's TB stats since then?

Peoples
08-05-2005, 08:55 PM
But why is he mentally changed then? In other aspects of the game he doesn't seem mentally weak. Two years ago he was the best player at tiebreaks, you could be confident that he'd win and win them easy.

Peoples
08-05-2005, 08:56 PM
No it doesn't! Back in 2003 he didn't serve better and won pretty much every tiebreak against anyone with confidence.

Sanneriet
08-05-2005, 09:51 PM
W-L Tiebreak
W-L
2000 2-2
2001 21-11
2002 19-15
2003 35-21
2004 37-14
2005 20-15
Career 134-78

This is his tiebreak record according to tennis corner. I haven't done the math, but it does seem he is not as confident this year, but that he has never been THAT dominant in tiebreaks

marcelwks
08-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Good thing is that he is winning after loosing a tie-break . It's good prognostic before masters :)

Pea
08-05-2005, 11:33 PM
No it doesn't! Back in 2003 he didn't serve better and won pretty much every tiebreak against anyone with confidence.

Yes, 2003. When people couldn't read his serve. :o

Flibbertigibbet
08-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Roddick isn't a good server? That's news to me. I guess the whole being #1 in aces, #4 in 2nd serves point won, #8 in first serve percentage, #1 in percentage of service games won, #1 in 1st serves point won, and #1 in break points saved doesn't count ofr much then? :confused: Sure, you can say he isn't a great server, perhaps; you could say that his serve is more widely read now; etc., etc. But you have to give him a little credit: he is a good server.

Havok
08-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Yes, 2003. When people couldn't read his serve. :o
Pea= full of excuses. Allez!

tangerine_dream
08-06-2005, 03:14 AM
Flibber and Naldo = allez! :drive:

Seleshfan
08-06-2005, 03:55 AM
Well, almost anything is possible, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of your grandma defeating Roddick. It would require a lot of effort. She would have to be at full health, ensuring that she took double the amount of her Centrum Silver and heart medication. She would also have to use gamesmanship, e.g., fiddling with her dentures, reflecting the sun off her trifocals into Andy's eyes, bathroom breaks between each point to adjust her pamper. Finally, she'd need some spiritual help. She and everyone in her Bingo group would need to pray. It would also help if she slipped the ball boys and girls the tennis balls from the bottom of her walker, when Andy serves. If these conditions were met, I think she could pull off the upset. Keep in mind, however,that even with her pamper on, Andy has a much firmer and rounder ass than your grandma. That's enough to keep me a fan, even if he loses to a 79 year old woman.

avocadoe
08-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Well, almost anything is possible, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of your grandma defeating Roddick. It would require a lot of effort. She would have to be at full health, ensuring that she took double the amount of her Centrum Silver and heart medication. She would also have to use gamesmanship, e.g., fiddling with her dentures, reflecting the sun off her trifocals into Andy's eyes, bathroom breaks between each point to adjust her pamper. Finally, she'd need some spiritual help. She and everyone in her Bingo group would need to pray. It would also help if she slipped the ball boys and girls the tennis balls from the bottom of her walker, when Andy serves. If these conditions were met, I think she could pull off the upset. Keep in mind, however,that even with her pamper on, Andy has a much firmer and rounder ass than your grandma. That's enough to keep me a fan, even if he loses to a 79 year old woman.
ROTFLMSAO
:woohoo:

1sun
08-06-2005, 01:34 PM
:lol:

Oneofakind0490
08-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Andy was lucky your grandma wasnt on court today!

Pea
08-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Roddick isn't a good server? That's news to me. I guess the whole being #1 in aces, #4 in 2nd serves point won, #8 in first serve percentage, #1 in percentage of service games won, #1 in 1st serves point won, and #1 in break points saved doesn't count ofr much then? :confused: Sure, you can say he isn't a great server, perhaps; you could say that his serve is more widely read now; etc., etc. But you have to give him a little credit: he is a good server.

:confused: Those stats only further prove that he's a big server and not a good one. :confused:

Pea
08-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Pea= full of excuses. Allez!

I guess the truth can be used as excuses as well.

Jennay
08-06-2005, 11:40 PM
:confused: Those stats only further prove that he's a big server and not a good one. :confused:
The service games won does not fully represent that he is just a 'big' server and not a good one. Opponents do get the ball back in play. :tape:

Bilbo
08-07-2005, 12:35 AM
even my grandmother in a wheelchair could beat Roddick in a TB

Seleshfan
08-07-2005, 02:01 AM
ROTFLMSAO

This is a new one, what does it mean?

Rolling on the floor laughing my sagging ass off?
Rolling on the floor laughing my stunning ass off?
Rolling on the floor licking my spouse's ass off?
Rolling on the futon loving my self and others?
:)

avocadoe
08-07-2005, 12:33 PM
This is a new one, what does it mean?

Rolling on the floor laughing my sagging ass off?
Rolling on the floor laughing my stunning ass off?
Rolling on the floor licking my spouse's ass off?
Rolling on the futon loving my self and others?
:)

whatever you like :) a friend of mine said: The only reason my grandma couldn't beat Roddick in a tb is she's been dead for 55 years She said it after he won the first set tb against paradorn yesterday, lol.

Seleshfan
08-08-2005, 10:40 PM
whatever you like :) a friend of mine said: The only reason my grandma couldn't beat Roddick in a tb is she's been dead for 55 years She said it after he won the first set tb against paradorn yesterday, lol.

Well, I don't think death in itself is a sufficient reason to deny the possibility of Roddick losing to your friend's grandma. Haven't you seen the movie "Ghost?" I think your friend's grandma's ghost would have a real shot against Andy. Her ability to float around the court, and move the ball by just concentrating could certainly be enough to carry her to victory. If nothing else, your grandma could possess the body of Roger Federer, like Patrick Swayze did to Whoopi Goldberg. :)

If your friend doesn't want to go this route, there is one other way..... It would require that your friend's grandma be exhumed, and placed on the tennis court. Andy would be so disgusted by the sight and smell, he would leave the court and your friend's grandma would win by default. It's just like my grandma used to tell me, "when there's a will, there'a way."