The "Andy just crawl into a hole and die" Montreal Suckage thread. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Andy just crawl into a hole and die" Montreal Suckage thread.

Pages : [1] 2

Volcanic Tennis
08-03-2005, 05:50 AM
I can't wait for next week! It's the TMS Montreal! :D I'm gonna go Monday, Wednesday... possibly Thursday. I can't wait! I'm so excited! wooo!

Breakaway
08-03-2005, 06:07 AM
Hope you have a good time. If you meet Andy make sure you tell us how it goes. :)

Deboogle!.
08-03-2005, 06:07 AM
well, there's no appropriate thread at the moment, I guess, but some of us were talking about starting a new thread for Montreal and Cincy to start fresh for the bigger tourneys. When we have more news about Montreal to share and someone thinks of a witty title and starts the thread, I will merge this with it and you can talk about your experiences there in there so it's all in just one thread. :)

Havok
08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
:smoke: I'm going mostg probably tuesday wednesday and thursday, though each day I'll mist the opening round match because I have to work :(. Might go to the finals, but not too sure yet. Viva Andy, lets do well here you ass!

Deboogle!.
08-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I can't wait for your updates, naldo, I'm sure they'll be entertaining reads :D

Volcanic Tennis
08-04-2005, 07:09 PM
:D That's so cool!

LOL : we definately need a witty title :)

I'm so anxious >_>; I'm going so often I'll cry if I don't see him lol!

Corinna
08-04-2005, 07:27 PM
good luck then :D and enjoy your time :hug:

partygirl
08-04-2005, 08:06 PM
im happy for the both of you :bounce: ......but naldo & volcanic tennis, we will however be expecting reports and pictures from both of you to share with the class. :worship:

Chloe le Bopper
08-04-2005, 08:58 PM
I'll be the one in the "I love large mouths" tshirt. Be sure to stop by and say hello.

Deboogle!.
08-04-2005, 11:05 PM
I had inspiration for a title and some of us had talked about starting anew for the Masters tourneys anyway. So here it is :) And with Marat and Roger out, Andy should be #3 seed and should have a decent chance to get back into the top 4... hopefully...

RodLo
08-04-2005, 11:06 PM
:worship:

Breakaway
08-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Vamos Andy! :bounce:

Great thread title by the way :yeah:

Jennay
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Dead. I love you most, end. (Though, I might love the title even more). ;)

Go Andy! :bounce:

Breakaway
08-04-2005, 11:15 PM
(Though, I might love the title even more). ;)

I doubt that. :p

PinkFeatherBoa
08-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I said it before, but now I say it here, the title rocks Deb. :rocker2:

Now Andy, you rock too. PLEASE.

acoffeygirl
08-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Deb...you win at life....end!

Golfnduck
08-04-2005, 11:47 PM
LET'S GO ANDY!!! KICK SOME BUTT IN MONTREAL!!!

Havok
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Please have a heart and win in Montreal Andy :p. Defend your Montreal title :smoke: and don't get me pissed because I'll be in the audience for some of your matches this year, hopefully :devil:.

Carito_90
08-05-2005, 12:01 AM
hee heeee at the title.

I have nothing to say about the tournament. Right now I don't even wanna think about Andy, so I am keeping my expectations quite low.

heya
08-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Roddick - Author of "How to Do Nothing for Yourself & Kill Yourself for Others"
Hewitt- Human Rights Activist
Federer- Psychopaths' Defense Attorney
Safin- Author of "Human Frailty"
Henman- Author of "How to Impress Sjengster with Brilliance"

J. Corwin
08-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Andy this is gonna be your best chance to win a Masters all year so please take it! :smash:

Love the thread title Deb :lol:

:smoke:

castaway
08-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Love the thread title, Deb! :worship:
Wasn't it in Montreal where Andy beat Roger? Maybe that will remind him that once upon a time he didn't suck so much and that he is capable of winning :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
08-05-2005, 02:08 AM
yes, castaway, this was the place.... sigh.

Noelle
08-05-2005, 02:15 AM
"Andy, owning the Rogers Cup would be almost like OWNING Roger!" ;)

heya
08-05-2005, 02:21 AM
He sucks so much, yet the Manipulative folks tell him he's doing great! :speakles: :tape:

tangerine_dream
08-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Winning Rogers, maybe for once Andy will know what it feels like to be the top instead of the bottom.

am&a
08-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Winning Rogers, maybe for once Andy will know what it feels like to be the top instead of the bottom.you rock.

partygirl
08-05-2005, 04:39 AM

LOVE IT.

Black Adam
08-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Yeah! About high time to win a TMS this season:yeah: :rocker2:

Corinna
08-05-2005, 06:22 AM
:rolls:

lovely thread title, deb :yeah:

Vamos Andy - win this tourny :bigclap:

MissFairy
08-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Winning Rogers, maybe for once Andy will know what it feels like to be the top instead of the bottom.
:kiss:

Deb, seriously, this title. Stroke of genius. :hug:

And yeah, for this week ALMOST like beating Roger is good enough for me.

fangirl
08-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I should be joining in with the slashy connotations here, but I am listening to Michael Buble singing meaning that I am too busy being a horny little bitch who wants to dance with him.

In other news - I love the word 'Montreal' and I think Andy and Roger need to make a hot MOntreal big band song after Andy gets a night on the top.

zoltan83
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
:rolls: Heya :haha:

Love the title Deb ;)

blosson
08-05-2005, 01:58 PM
There is no Roger in the Rogers Cup.
I bet the media will make fun of any player who wins the Rogers Cup. I hope it's Andy.

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2005, 04:15 PM
:lol: nice title deb

Come on Andy....please win for everyones sake lol

Volcanic Tennis
08-05-2005, 05:27 PM
lol

I can't take pictures :( No camera. LOL. I will report though :)

Deboogle!.
08-05-2005, 06:03 PM
ok, this is gonna be merged into the Montreal thread, so you can all talk about your fun times and experiences in there :D

Deboogle!.
08-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Wow, Andy's montreal draw blows. Hard.

tangerine_dream
08-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Do you care to post the draw here for us? :angel:

And good! Andy has a tough draw. I'm sick of these easy draws where he sleepwalks through matches and barely scrapes out a win. I want him ready to aim and fire from the get-go. :yeah:

oooh, I see Rafapants is on Andy's side. *gleefully rubs hands* :devil:

Deboogle!.
08-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Here's Andy's half....his little section to the QF isn't too bad, but his QF opponent could be very bad.
-----------
(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP v MOYA, Carlos ESP
MELLO, Ricardo BRA v (WC) BESTER, Philip CAN
SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA v GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS v (15) GASQUET, Richard FRA

(12) JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE v KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
MALISSE, Xavier BEL v (WC) DANCEVIC, Frank CAN
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL v PAVEL, Andrei ROM
HORNA, Luis PER v (8) PUERTA, Mariano ARG

(3) RODDICK, Andy USA v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
Qualifier v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
ROCHUS, Olivier BEL v Qualifier
SODERLING, Robin SWE v (14) STEPANEK, Radek CZE

(9) NALBANDIAN, David ARG v CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
Qualifier v BECK, Karol SVK
MELZER, Jurgen AUT v BERDYCH, Tomas CZE
(WC) NIEMEYER, Frederic CAN v (5) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

blosson
08-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I think it's good Andy will have the chance to play Acacuso and Rafa on hard courts. Time to get them!!! Why Ivo is always on Andy's draw?

Havok
08-06-2005, 12:38 AM
That's such an easy draw :o. PHM should keep him on his toes in the 1r, but this kid hits a shitload of errors so Andy shouldn't have too much of a problem. Could get tricky in the QF, but he's better than both seeds there and everyone else in that section. Nadal/Moya/random player in the semis is very do-able, so he should make a 3rd straight finals appearance. So happy he's in Nadal's section of the draw as he avoids Hewitt, and also Nadal is the "it" boy this year so I'm sure he'll get most of the night matches so I can finally get to watch a full Roddick match :banana:. Buying my tickets tomorrow (tuesday through thursday) and will bring my digital camera and try and snap pics of players.:D

Havok
08-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Where's Haas ?:sad: Was really looking forward to seeing him and I didn't come across his name on the draw sheet.:(

Deboogle!.
08-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Tommy pulled out yesterday, and no one seems to really know why :( Sorry Naldo :hug:

J. Corwin
08-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to see most of Montreal :( but I really hope Andy goes to McDonalds and eats up McNasty in the finals. :angel:

Havok
08-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I love the way TMS Montreal has been promoting this event. they only promote Roddick, Agassi and Nadal and don't give a shit about Hewitt, I love it :haha::haha:. Anyways they use the US Open Series names for them, but they call Andy the "rockstar" and imo I think that should have been his nickname, instead of the rocket man. I mean nobody else seems to be named after their tennis attributes, its not like Christine is "Mrs. Backhand" or something.

Jennay
08-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Where's Haas ?:sad: Was really looking forward to seeing him and I didn't come across his name on the draw sheet.:(
:hug: :hug:

Golfnduck
08-07-2005, 03:59 AM
I love the way TMS Montreal has been promoting this event. they only promote Roddick, Agassi and Nadal and don't give a shit about Hewitt, I love it :haha::haha:
:haha: Nobody likes Llegs :haha:

bavaria100
08-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Well, I wouldn´t be surprised if Andy has some problems with Stepanek. He already needed 3 sets against him at Queens. David could be a real danger. He didn´t have the best season this year, but he played much better in the last few tourneys. If Andy doesn´t play his best tennis against him, he could lose that match.

tangerine_dream
08-07-2005, 09:02 PM
I love the way TMS Montreal has been promoting this event. they only promote Roddick, Agassi and Nadal and don't give a shit about Hewitt, I love it :haha::haha:.
Aww poor Hewitt, so unloved. :lol: Have they been promoting Roger at all?

Anyways they use the US Open Series names for them, but they call Andy the "rockstar" and imo I think that should have been his nickname, instead of the rocket man. I mean nobody else seems to be named after their tennis attributes, its not like Christine is "Mrs. Backhand" or something.
Har. I like the "rockstar" tag too. Cheesy but fun and kinda accurate. :p

I can't wait til Canada stars. Hewitt and Nadal back in action, this is going to be good stuff. Blood guts and fireworks coming right up. :banana:

Black Adam
08-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Its a golden oportunity to increase his entry points and thats by winning but i am not accepting nothing else bedide a finalist or winners trophy and i hope thats not asking too much of andy. ;) :angel:

Havok
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Not that I know of. All I've been seeing/hearing is Roddick, Agassi and Nadal. Though my friend had told me he was some bilboards and propmotional stuff with up to 6 guys on it, though the 3 mentioned before are the players being pushed this season as always. Agassi/Roddick will always be used and then they need a 3rd man. I forget who it was in 03, 04 was obviously Federeer and this year Nadal has taken over that 3rd spot.

blosson
08-07-2005, 10:06 PM

If you check the official site there is no Roger's pics anywhere other than "last year's winner gallery". They have a big pix of Nadal and Andy + Andre are featured in 2 banners each in the homepage.

nobama
08-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I want an Andy/Lleyton final and I want Andy to kick his ass. He's never beaten him on HC so now's as good a time as any. Came close in Indian Wells, so maybe third time will be the charm.

Jimnik
08-07-2005, 11:26 PM
This is the first time I've posted on ARod's message board.

Delighted, obviously, that Andy won the Washington tournament but how's he gonna cope over the next 2 weeks? To play 3 weeks in a row, especially if he reaches the final this week, is very tough physically.
He won't play on Monday but, if he reaches the final, he'll play 6 days in a row and then travel to Cincinatti. I hope he's not inviting any injuries here.

Deboogle!.
08-07-2005, 11:33 PM
He did something almost the same in 2003 and he's in better shape now. I think he'll be ok :)

Welcome to the Andy forum!! :hug:

Shy
08-08-2005, 12:09 AM

:
They are both on the billboard in the subway.
It is something like
Federer---The boss
Hewitt----The rebel
Agassi----The legend
Safin-------Mr. unpredictable
Nadal---The boy Wonder
Andy-----Rocket man

LLeyton and Roger have the biggest picture on the Rogers cup programs. For obvious reason, it is weird to see promotions with Roger and Marat on it considering they are not there.Nadal is everywhere. Everyone want piece of him.

Jimnik
08-08-2005, 12:32 AM
He did something almost the same in 2003 and he's in better shape now. I think he'll be ok :)

Welcome to the Andy forum!! :hug:
Thanks Debstah, hope you're right.
I'm just worried because of the injuries he had earlier this year. He had to withdraw from the Memphis and Miami tournaments.

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Memphis and Miami were both freak injuries though. They weren't due to fitness. So I guess that's "good" - if an injury can ever be good.

heya
08-08-2005, 02:48 AM
He played 3 matches at Davis Cup & embarrassed himself in the next tournament.
He damaged his elbow & didn't sleep much, but everyone thought it was cute.
He didn't take the Memphis quarterfinal seriously, pulled his ankle a little, but cried like a fool about taking time off for Davis Cup. He was so proud of himself untl he humilated himself (just like last December).
He smashed his racket. Consequently, that destroyed his wrist in Miami.

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 01:58 PM
I love AR.com - so they have the first article posted here up when I check, then when I go back maybe a half hour later, they have the 2nd, truly enthralling one, one up... :lol:. Please note that I post these for your laughing pleasure only :p
----------------
Montreal Preview
By Jen Moschella
2005-08-08

Andy has been playing the best tennis of his career this past week :scratch:, and we hope he can keep it up for the all-star lineup he is about to face in Montreal. The Rogers Cup in Montreal, Canada is the one tournament where Andy beat Roger Federer, and it would have been great to see if Andy could do it again. Federer, however, is not playing this year. Since the one nearly-brick wall player Andy faces on the ATP tour is not playing, he can sleep a little easier. With Andy’s percentages high, his determination in full force, and his head in the game 150 percent :scratch:, this should be a great tournament

The Rogers Cup is not only part of the US Open series but also the ATP Masters Series, which is why so many top competitors are in attendance this week. Andy and Andre Agassi are the only Americans in this tournament (:scratch:Taylor Dent? Spadea?). Hewitt, Ljubicic, Henman, and Nadal are just some of the top international players biding for the cup. Safin will not be playing due to knee surgery. All of these tops players are here competing for top dollar, 2.45 million of them to be exact. For Andy, the fight will not solely be for the check or the trophy but rather the names he is hoping to add to his “W” list.

This tournament has been in play as the third longest running tournament, next to the US Open and Wimbledon. Canada is a very tennis oriented country, though not many players come from there. The record for the most spectators for the whole week of the tournament peaked back in 2001 with 165,611 fans. Hopefully the heat will not be as unforgiving as it was in Indy and D.C.

In addition to grand slam caliber tennis, there are many activities at this event, including three chances to receive Andy’s serve! This is an rare opportunity since the only other place a fan has a first hand look at Andy’s 140 plus mph serve is at Andy’s Annual Charity Event in Boca Raton, Florida. :confused:

Lastly, the best news yet! This whole week is televised so you can watch nearly every match every day, even if it’s on delay, on ESPN2 and The Tennis Channel (nope, not on TTC.). Andy is ranked #3 behind Nadal and Hewitt. Stay tuned for a Draw Release and the latest from Montreal.

================================================

Rogers Cup Draw
By Erica Quandt
2005-08-08

The Rogers Cup draw has been released and Andy is set to take on Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu. Hot off his European domination, Spanish sensation Rafael Nadal was awarded top billing, followed by second seed, newlywed Lleyton Hewitt. Andy received the third seed and sits comfortably in his quarter of the draw.

The 2004 Rogers Cup champion, Roger Federer, has opted for an extended break before the US Open, and will not be returning to defend his title. This is the first US Open series tournament that truly illustrates the depth of men’s tennis. Even without Federer and Safin, the Rogers Cup is stacked with an able international field.

So far, the Americans have swept the US Open Series; Ginepri took Indy, Agassi clinched Los Angeles, and Andy dominated in D.C. The bar will be raised in Canada, with little room for error. Agassi returns to play this week, joining Andy in leading the American crew.

Check back to Ar.com for a match preview –eh?

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 02:50 PM
a little blurb from Bob Larson's wrapup of DC....

As for Roddick, he at least puts himself in position to make run at the #3, or even the #2, ranking in the next two weeks; Roger Federer of course remains far out of reach. The real problem for Roddick is, all four of his titles this year are optional; if he is to move from here, he needs to earn some required points.

So, OK, Andy.... let's step up and put on some required points.

Tytta!.
08-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah, Andy, please :o

Merton
08-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi, this is my first post here :wavey:

Thanks for the good laughs on the AR article. The best tennis of his career? Please... Andy was solid and very businesslike, just played as required to win. I think that he should not pick in form too early, the goal should be to pick at the U.S. Open.

I just hope to see him improving, he should be very motivated for this event. I also agree that playing three weeks in a row should not be a great concern. He did the same in 2003 and he is in much better shape this year.

partygirl
08-08-2005, 04:48 PM
his fitness is phenomenal :eek: in both of his last matches in the dc heat he didnt even ever look winded...i think this is where his work with dean will PAY OFF...BIG.
doug too, they have taken his body to a nice place :eek: ....hope he can do something with it now!

blosson
08-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Debs, that first piece from AR.com is really bad and innacurate. No much more to comment about their writers as usual. Shame on them.
:o

nobama
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Roger opted for an extended break? :scratch: Um, he's defending champ, thus had max points to defend and already has had a 5 week break. It doesn't sound like his foot problems are serious, but I don't think it was his intention to miss this tournament so he could spend another week on a beach somewhere. Who writes this stuff on AR.com?

Corinna
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi, this is my first post here :wavey:

Thanks for the good laughs on the AR article. The best tennis of his career? Please... Andy was solid and very businesslike, just played as required to win. I think that he should not pick in form too early, the goal should be to pick at the U.S. Open.

I just hope to see him improving, he should be very motivated for this event. I also agree that playing three weeks in a row should not be a great concern. He did the same in 2003 and he is in much better shape this year.
:wavey: so welcome :D

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
who knows who writes for ar.com lmfao. They suck. It's embarrassing. But I'm glad you guys were amused too :p

Welcome, Merton! :hug:

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Andy's match is tomorrow night at 7:30 - will be live on ESPN 2 :)

acoffeygirl
08-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the info Deb :hug:

partygirl
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Andy's match is tomorrow night at 7:30 - will be live on ESPN 2 :)

:lick::banana::kiss: i love having live tennis to watch :kiss::banana::lick:

Tytta!.
08-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Go Andy :D

Jimnik
08-08-2005, 08:39 PM
DOH! They don't cover the night sessions here in England :banghead: I hope they're not planning to schedule him everyday in the night session because I won't be able to see any of his matches.

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 08:40 PM
awwww :hug: I doubt ALL his matches will be at night, but probably a decent amount of them b/c he is popular, a former champion, defending finalist, etc. etc. but starting Wednesday all players will play every day - and I'm sure others will be at night too, like Andre, and perhaps Nadal and/or Hewitt too. Or even a Candadian or two if they somehow win a match ;)

Jimnik
08-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't think anybody here has mentioned Andy's opponent tomorrow. Paul-Henri Matheiu is a very solid player with a good forehand and a good double-handed backhand. I know we would usually expect him to come through a match like this but recent results are a bit worrying. Ginepri has a similar ranking to Mathieu so anything is possible. The 2 have never met before so I hope Andy is careful and doesn't under-estimate him.

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Yep, all those things are true. He's very inconsistent and is known to choke. He was actually the lowest-ranked player to get direct entry, but obviously that doesn't really mean a whole lot lol... and when he's "on," he's extremely good. Unfortunately for him, he's not "on" all that often lol.

I think it's a good opener for Andy. Tough but not *too* tough I don't think, but not too easy either. I don't expect it to be a real thrashing from Andy. It could go three, there could be some tight sets. But I think it's what he needs to get his feet into the tourney :)

Havok
08-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Ugh WTF, his match isn't night worthy. I was so sure Nadal/Moya would get the night match. Andy you ass win so there's still a chance of me to see you. I hope tomorrow's OOP looks nice :tape:.

Merton
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome :hug: By the way, my name is Kyriakos. It is awkward to pronounce in English, but it means Sunday in Greek. It is exactly like Domingo in Spanish :D . Robert C. Merton keeps me busy at school, so the least i could do was to adapt his name here.

I agree about PHM, but i think that after his horrible loses at Davis Cap his confidence level should be around zero. Andy could capitalize on this to make it a more open match than it is on paper.

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Naldo, you kill me. Tuesday's OP looks VERY nice (is that what you meant, or did you mean WednesdaY?), it's in the tourney forum and on the tourney site.

and Kyriakos, what a great name :) Are you living in Greece or of Greek descent and living somewhere else? If you live there, I think you'll be our first Greek Andy fan (at least to post here and introduce and all ;)) - Awesome! :banana:

And that's quite possibly true about PHM... he hasn't played much since that awful awful DC blowout, has he? (looks up his activity - no, he played Stuttgart and Kitzbuhel and retired there, with injury I presume?)... so he may not even be 100% fit and he has had no match play on hardcourts. Plus, I don't believe that his record in big matches (and in this context I mean against top 10 players in important tournaments) is that spectacular. I feel that if Andy just serves well and plays solidly and pretty cleanly and stays focus, then he should be ok. *fingers crossed* :p

guida
08-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Welcome Kyriakos! :bigwave::D

Merton
08-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I was born in Greece but i live in the U.S., doing a Ph.D in Economics now :D . Most likely i will stay here for a long time.

Yes, Andy is not that popular in Greece, but it has to do with the tennis coverage: We get coverage during the clay court season but there is the time difference thing with the hard court season, so Andy does not get exposure in Greece. I first saw him in 2001 and i loved his athleticism and fighting spirit. I think he has come a long way since then :)

snaillyyy
08-08-2005, 10:43 PM
:wavey: Hi Kyriakos!! Welcome :D :D

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I was born in Greece but i live in the U.S., doing a Ph.D in Economics now :D . Most likely i will stay here for a long time. Oh, very cool!! :D:D:D :hug:

andyroxmysox12191
08-08-2005, 10:57 PM
:wavey: welcome :D

Tytta!.
08-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Welcome!

Jimnik
08-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi Kyriakos:wavey:
Did you go to the Athens Olympics last year?
It must have been a great oppurtunity for Greece to see all the top tennis players. At the moment, there is no regular ATP tour event in Greece. I guess tennis isn't popular there.

Deboogle!.
08-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Brad keeps saying that the courts in Montreal are playing a lot faster than either in LA or DC and that it's more like the USO courts. This should be all for the good of Andy :)

Officially advertising Andy's match at 7:30 eastern now. PMac said Andy had a late afternoon hit to get used to the conditions :)

Brad also just said that Andy's serve will probably be low 150s this week with the fast conditions and that his kick serve will be wicked (also, the gun seems jacked, since Andre is hitting 125 and 128 mph OUT WIDE serves:haha: ).

Jennay
08-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Welcome Kyriakos! :hug: Beautiful name. :)

acoffeygirl
08-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Well, I am officially leaving work a little early tomorrow to get home for the match!! Please don't dissapoint me Andy! :)

(Deb...how do you think Andre looks compared to LA? Just curious! ;) )

Golfnduck
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Somehow I knew I was going to be gone for his match. Oh welll, at least it is on ESPN 2 and I can tape it.

Havok
08-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Bastards ruined our courts :fiery:. Bye bye all blue courts :sad:, loved those courts. About the peed of the court, it doesn indeed look faster than it usually plays (Montreal is usually a standard hardcourt speed, while Toronto's is a bit quicker) Deb yeah I was talking about Tuesday's OOP, and it does look really good I was just being dumb because I actually want t be able to see a full Roddick match this time :).

Deboogle!.
08-09-2005, 02:02 AM
awwww are you only going day session? Maybe he'll be late in the afternoon on Wednesday? What days are you going? So you're going tomorrow? you get to watch Coria-JCF? damn you:p Wow that was like 20 questions, sorry lol.

The court looks the same to me as it did before.. wasn't montreal always green and blue? :scratch: or did you mean something else lol

Well anyway I will cross my fingers for you that you will get to see andy play:D

Havok
08-09-2005, 02:16 AM
No Montreal used to be entirely blue. I think they changed it in 00 or 01 I'm not sure. Before that it was your classic green court with the outer court being that brownish/red color. I'm going Tuesaday, Wednesday and Thursday all day sessions, though I miss every 11 match because of work. He'll eventually get a day session, no way in hell he's getting night matches all the time. Wednesday and Thursday all 3 top guys will probably be still alive and playing on the same day and Agassi is a bigger draw than Roddick, and Nadal is the new it boy, so I should be able to catch maybe 2 of his matches.:) I can always buy myself a ticket for the night session, but I mean wasting all that $ just for one singles match is a waste imo. Will bring my camera and take some pics for everyone though.:)

heya
08-09-2005, 02:17 AM
It was light purple-type.

Even when he can win 7 more tournaments, he likes to jam junk food in his mouth & get sluggish/slow footwork. :rolleyes:
Then, he says "I'm not ready to play" after he gave up & beat himself.

Does HE CARE about ranking or
does he live for a Slam only. When he loses at a Slam, there's nothing else to aim for.

He just gets pumped up when he's doing nothing & partying.

Deboogle!.
08-09-2005, 02:50 AM
No Montreal used to be entirely blue. I think they changed it in 00 or 01 I'm not sure. Before that it was your classic green court with the outer court being that brownish/red color. I'm going Tuesaday, Wednesday and Thursday all day sessions, though I miss every 11 match because of work. He'll eventually get a day session, no way in hell he's getting night matches all the time. Wednesday and Thursday all 3 top guys will probably be still alive and playing on the same day and Agassi is a bigger draw than Roddick, and Nadal is the new it boy, so I should be able to catch maybe 2 of his matches.:) I can always buy myself a ticket for the night session, but I mean wasting all that $ just for one singles match is a waste imo. Will bring my camera and take some pics for everyone though.:)ooooohhhhhhhh okay. I guess 2003 was probably the first (and only other) year I saw Montreal and it looks like exactly the same as what I remember there.

I agree, the night session specially is a lot of money for 1-2 matches. I agree, Andy will probably be during the day one of those two other days :D

Have a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!

Volcanic Tennis
08-09-2005, 03:35 AM
Back!

Here's a "short" summary of my day.

I arrived at 9:30, bought my ticket, and waited in line with my mother. We did the boutiques while we waited for the first match, which was Gasquet vs Youznih (or something). I watched most of that, but I left because I wanted to explore the rest of the courts.

I saw Nalbandian practicing with Aayanoui. After that, I saw T. Johansson practice with Moya! At 1:15, we went onto central court again, and I saw the two first sets of Henman's match. At 2, I had to have lunch with my sister (who was working as a cadet on the grounds).

At 3, I wanted to see the Bryan twins, but instead got dragged to the boutiques again -_- However, it was the "Meet n Greet" type event with Sebastien Grosjean, so I got his autograph :) It was really cool to be so upclose with him! When I got back to the Bryan Twins, they were done. Stupid me forgot to bring a pen, so I couldn't get an autograph from them. They're a lot bigger than I thought they'd be - very cute too :)

I joined my mom to watch some doubles on court 5 - Moodie and Buss against some people. Seriously, my memory has gone to mush I'm so tired. I got sick of being in the same place for too long, so I went walking around in search for more interesting courts.

Didn't find any, until I got to Courts 2, 3 & 4. So many people in one place, it was weird. I was liek "Is there a stripper somewhere or something?" Then I saw on the sign that Andy was playing on Court 4 (unfortunately far away - there were no seats designed for that practice court) and Coria on Court 3. I was in disbelief... I was sure I wouldn't see Andy! But I couldn't see across the crowd for the life of me, until I found a place where my head popped in perfectly :D It was.... so strange, seeing him in person. It was... *sigh* unreal. I felt like I was in a dream. I was literally twenty feet from my hero!

I watched him for twenty-five minutes or so, and I had to go back to my mom (she was afraid I'd be kidnapped - oh sure, people are going to kidnap a fourteen year old male *rolls eyes*) and watched the end of the match. I told her Andy was there and I thought Nadal would be somewhere (but I was mistaken >_>) and she came with me.

*cry* By the time I came back, he was done with his practice! I didn't even get to see his monster serve. *cry* God love him, he was giving out autographs.. but he was done just as I arrived. Besides, I didn't have a pen. What would he sign it with, air? ^_^;; >_> I was kinda depressed, but god, I was so close to him!!

We watched Coria a while longer. Hm, it was maybe five-ish, so she went to watch some match on court 9. I walked around aimlessly, and then I found two Canadians practicing on Court 3, so I watched them. Their names were... Bester and Dancevic Love em. It was really cool to watch them. Halfway through, J. G(something, I forget. The american guy. Goldenbelg? >_>) was practicing. But by this time, everoyne was watching someone on court 2, and the canadians on court 3 were done, so no one was watching him! So I decided I'd watch him. I'd much rather watch him anyways, the other guys were kinda dull.

We messed around, ate and stuff until 7:30. I watched Agassi vs Martin, but parts of it I left the stadium, and I watched all of Davydenko vs N(canadian guy... forgive my mushy memory). That was a boring match. >_>; Some bitch kept talking really loud behind me. I felt like screaming. >_>

No pictures - I don't have a digital camera and we had no room to bring a camera. Part of me is like "Wow, I was twenty feet away from my hero" but another part of me says: "I want more!" So I'm going to go back on Wednesday, and I hope I get to watch Andy a while longer :) Maybe if I stalk him enough I'll get an autograph to immortalize the memory. If not,w ell, the memory will never be forgotten :) I hope I see Nadal & Hewitt, just for the sake of seeing them.

Enjoyable experience :) I just wish I saw Andy play more... and play a match! :(

Volcanic Tennis
08-09-2005, 03:59 AM
I feel the need to elaborate :D Sue me :D I'm allowed :D

when I first saw him... I was taken aback o_o it was as if someone had taken a picture of him and pasted him on the scenery. then I realized he had just smacked a ball wicked hard and that it was really him! I was speechless (not like I was gonna talk to a stranger anyways, lol :D)... o_o I've never felt that way before. well, I've never really met someone I looked up to. not that I really met him. but you know... *sigh* I'll be dreaming tonight :)

Katdiva7
08-09-2005, 07:09 AM
^ Glad you had fun!

partygirl
08-09-2005, 07:38 AM
It was.... so strange, seeing him in person. It was... *sigh* unreal. I felt like I was in a dream. I was literally twenty feet from my hero!

I was kinda depressed, but god, I was so close to him!!

Maybe if I stalk him enough I'll get an autograph to immortalize the memory.

THATS HOT.
....and its only day one...good luck!

Corinna
08-09-2005, 08:13 AM
welcome Kyriakos :hug: :D :wavey:

awww you seem to have had a great time in montreal, volcanic tennis :D
you saw andy :hearts:
i wish you loads of good luck for wednesday - both for andy and for hewitt and nadal ;)
and take a pen with you

PinkFeatherBoa
08-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Nice to read about your day volcanic_tennis, thanks for sharing and hope you continue having fun. :)

Naldo, I look forward to your report and piccies. :banana:

Welcome Kyriakos, I love your name- it's so cool. :)

And blah to Andy getting the night match, hopefully he'll at least get shown in out highlights tomorrow, but in any case good luck to him tonight.

Jimnik
08-09-2005, 04:03 PM
HEWITT OUT:banana: COME ON ANDY.

tangerine_dream
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Blah. Lleyton is out with a stomach virus. :sad: We'll have to wait for USO for a rematch, I guess.

Besides Ivo the Giant, who are the other dangerous floaters for Andy to worry about? Think Nadal might be a force? I'm too lazy to look it up. lol

Volcanic Tennis
08-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Hewitt's out? >_> Shame, I wanted to see his ass so I could "boo" him :-p lol

thanks for all the comments :) I won't forget a pen tomorrow, guaranteed! :D

Tytta!.
08-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Nadal called the trainer during his match and he didn't look good at all today

blosson
08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Hello Renata, how are ya?

Poor Rafa. I can't feel too sorry for him as he has had the most spetacular year so far. Andy is the one who needs a bit more luck. He better win this tourney with so many top players out.

Tytta!.
08-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey, Blosson :kiss:
Yeah, I agree. Now with Lleyton out and knowing Rafa's not 100% physically I think Andy's chances are much better.

blosson
08-09-2005, 08:36 PM
In these conditions, I would say it's his obligation to win the tourney. No less. :D

Go on Andy. get the Roger's cup.

Tytta!.
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
No kidding

blosson
08-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh my, I just saw this picture at the official site, Leyton has changed...

http://www.rogerscupmen.com/photos/341x230/hewitt2.jpg

Deboogle!.
08-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Please Andy :awww:

Lleyton wtf is that clothing? What brand is it?

Sucks for him about getting sick though

I won't be home for Andy's match, damn jury duty :( but please Andy, win this tourney *begs*

Winston's Human
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Please Andy :awww:

Sucks for him about getting sick though

I won't be home for Andy's match, damn jury duty :( but please Andy, win this tourney *begs*

Of course, you know that they will not seat you on the jury.

Deboogle!.
08-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Of course, you know that they will not seat you on the jury.Yes, I do, which is why I'm extra annoyed to have to stay here all day lol

blosson
08-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Debs, are you in the reserve seat? sucks

Deboogle!.
08-09-2005, 09:31 PM
No, they call a whole ton of people and you just sit in a room all day. then they periodically call panels of 35 to 55 people and you might be on a jury. if you don't get put on a jury by the end of the day (and being a law student, I am almost positive I will almost always be excused b/c they don't want cynics like us on their juries ;)) then you don't have to come back and you've done your civic duty for a year. I got so bored I paid for an hour of internet :o

But unfortunately, in Los Angeles County (maybe all of CA) you have to stay the entire day on your first day and that's somewhere between 4-5, so not only is the parking lot incredibly far away (close to a mie) but they let you out at rush hour and of course Andy's match starts at 4:30pm my time. :p

surfpinky
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
blosson...your av makes me giggle :sobbing:

superpinkone37
08-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Lleyton got sick after catching a glance of himself in those unfortunate looking clothes. Well that in addition to being upset that he didn't answer our questions yesterday, Jen and I determined. :p

I think, or at least I hope, that Rafa's play today had something to do with playing Carlos, like Andy playing James. I mean Rafa had some amazing shots and stuff, he just really played shitty on his 3784657346583745 break points, like someone else we know :o. But then of course, he had the injury timeout, but if it was just cramping then thats not too bad. I really wanna see Andy and Rafa play each other!!

Tytta!.
08-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Danielle, it was something on his hand/wrist, so I don't think it was cramps :rolleyes:

superpinkone37
08-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Well, thats what they said on tv here. They said that this was something new, but apparently he was cramping in his hand/wrist. I mean, I don't know if its true, but thats what they said :shrug:

Golfnduck
08-09-2005, 09:53 PM

Whatever brand wifey picked out :lol: It doesn't have any markings from what I can see.

Tytta!.
08-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Well I think it doesn't really matter now :lol:

Golfnduck
08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
No it doesn't :lol:

Volcanic Tennis
08-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Eww, Lleyton, bad clothing :lol:

I'm gonna tape the match today. Didn't go today, couldn't :(

blosson
08-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Whatever brand wifey picked out :lol: It doesn't have any markings from what I can see.

The same brand that makes Formula 1 racing flags.

Jennay
08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I've cramped in my forearm/wrist area, it is not fun at all. Though I'm not keen on the whole 'let's-sit-down-for-the-trainer-in the-middle-of-a-game,' :rolleyes: I guess if Rafa's cramps were bad enough that he couldn't hold the racquet it would be okay. :shrug:

MissJessou
08-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Come on Andy! :worship:

guida
08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
The same brand that makes Formula 1 racing flags.

:haha: :haha: Good one! Appropriate too, since he left the tourney real fast! :lol:

Bye, Lleyton! :bigwave:

Tytta!.
08-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Blosson, my mom said the right same thing lmfao :spit:

partygirl
08-10-2005, 12:00 AM
im watching the match now, andy:
"you have proved you can have good percentages at the net, dont hesitate!

i put 1\2 my Vcash on you for some reason....id like to win it back, please :angel:

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Keep on sucking, Andy, make my day a complete trashout. :)

Havok
08-10-2005, 12:07 AM
I had a great time today so I'll do my write up along with all the pictures I snapped today.

Got off work at 12:30 and my mom came with me just for today (she wanted to experience watching live tennis just one time). We got there at around 1 but it took forever to find parking because it was packed like you wouldn't believe. We parked a good 10 minute walk away and it was jammed there also :tape:. Anyways picked up our tickets (also mine for wednesday and thursday) and got into the grounds and to our seats for the Nadal/Moya match. I believe it was something like 2-1 Nadal when we arrived. Anyways Nadal is such a clay courter. He was just content on hitting all those nasty high loopy topspin balls and Moya was death in that first set so it was very easy for Nadal to take it rather convincingly. In the second set Moya started to really pick things up, still hitting some of the ugliest pansy groundstroke errors I've ever seen, but started to belt the ball more and take the initiative. When he feels like playing, Moya is the MUCH better hardcourt player and it really showed in that second set tie-breaker where Moya simply blitzed poor Rafa to take that second set. After it was 2-1 Nadal in the 3rd we went to eat because I was starving (didn't eat anything the whole day and worked a 5 hr shift so I was due for some food :lol: ). There were tv's at the little place we went to eat at the grounds so we still followed the match on tv. Nadal's time out at 2 all in the 3rd set reeked of sportsmanship trying to throw off Moya's great form and it did work. Somewhere in that set I had gone to court 1 to see who was in action and it was grosjean and Shrichaphan warming up for their match. Watched a bit then went back to the restaurant and my mom just finished eating. I also checked out the little booths and there wasn't such great stuff on sale. They didn't have a Lacoste booth which I was dissapointed in :(. Anyways we watched some more of Gorsjean/P-Dorn before Ferrero/Coria started. That Seb match was very entertaining since both play tennis I like to watch, going for their groundstrokes and not afraid to pull the trigger to go for huge winners. Some great shots by both players and I'm glad Seb was able to pull through, his 2r match vs Gasquet tomorrow should be extremely fun to watch. Went back inside for Ferrero/Coria we missed the first 3 games. Ferrero was on fire :scared: really going after his shots not really letting up. He returned very well, putting in an insane % of his returns in play and putting them in at decent length. His groundstrokes were stinging (not as they used to be however) and he was really mentally there throughout the entire match. Coria was a bit sluggish and his kind of crappy serving at times put him in SO much trouble. Some sweet backhand rippers from him but JCF was just way too steady and dictated too much for him to do anything. Was a great day, but did feel weighed down by my mom (she was tired after the Nadal/Moya match :haha: ) so I didn't walk around nearly as much as I normaly do. Anyways tomorrow's weather forecast has scattered showers and I just hope they hold off and i don't get fucked by the rain again when I'm watching my faves :fiery:. Will take more pics and do another write up for both Wednesday and Thursday. OOP for tomorrow does look really nice though so I'm glad.:D

http://photobucket.com/albums/v328/NNappi/

Havok
08-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Ok Andy no time for sleeping now, fucking refrain.

Havok
08-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Why are we letting PHM rip winners at will? I'm sure he wins this first set in a TB, but for fuck's sake why does he always have to force himself to work overtime during every match nowadays? He should be starting the second set right about now frankly.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 12:22 AM
what the FUCK? 1ST SET 5-7 :eek: asshole

RoxyHurleyGurl7
08-10-2005, 12:23 AM
what the hell.....he's like half asleep now or something its so fricken annoying! I am going to pull my hair out. Now his fricken 1st serve percentage is down....WTF?! :mad:

snaillyyy
08-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Well Andy :shrug: letting the fact Mathieu is returning everything get to you huh :mad:

nobama
08-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Roddick's 1st serve % is only 50%, points won on second serve is only 44% and Mathieu has more aces than him? What's up with that? :mad:

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 12:27 AM
thanks for the write-up Naldo :kiss:

yep. Well, Andy sucks. How about getting your serve in at least. Damn.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 12:28 AM
how does one go from having practacally the best serving display possible one week.....then the next week nothing :fiery:

Shy
08-10-2005, 12:29 AM
That is ok. Paul -Henri Matthieu is going to end up choking anyway.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 12:31 AM
hey andy why dont you get bagel-ed, to end it

nobama
08-10-2005, 12:31 AM
DF on break point by Andy and then 4 aces in a row by Mathieu? WTF? :mad:

tangerine_dream
08-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Andy's misfiring left and right, complaining that the court is too fast. Is it any different from the Washington court? :scratch: Come on Andy, you gotta find your game now, this is ridiculous.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 12:37 AM
no let dictate

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 12:39 AM
tangy this court is faster I think they've been saying? :confused:

But since when is Andy playing on a fast court a bad thing?

partygirl
08-10-2005, 12:44 AM
maybe he's just crazy,
in the pre interview he said its tough to come out and play well after a win like sunday.

what the hell is that,crybaby i already won, and its too hard to do it again?
thats when it should be easiest to come out and play our best...its called rythym,find it!

Havok
08-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Where has the powerful groundstrokes gone? Fucking WTA players crush balls harder than Andy is doing tonight. 4-1 I sense a complete tank right now. He doesn't give a shit AT ALL and isn't trying to change anything. Throw him slices to fuck up his groundstrokes you flippin retard, or step in to hit better returns, or how about hit with more length to rob him any time to set up his dtl winners. My god I'm being brutaly honest here, but Andy has got to be one of the dumbest players out there these days, and it hurts to watch because he wasn't like this before :sad:.

tangerine_dream
08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
tangy this court is faster I think they've been saying? :confused:

But since when is Andy playing on a fast court a bad thing?
He doesnt like it if its too fast and he may just be having a real hard time adjusting to the Canada court from the Washington one. He's only had one day to travel there.

Losing to the Mathieu though, that's really bad. :lol:

jessa007
08-10-2005, 12:49 AM

No kidding. :rolleyes: Looks like Deb's sig is going to change again.

surfpinky
08-10-2005, 12:51 AM
:fiery:

Shy
08-10-2005, 12:52 AM
He hasn't lost yet. WE are talking about PHM. Everything can happen.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 12:54 AM
My god I'm being brutaly honest here, but Andy has got to be one of the dumbest players out there these days, and it hurts to watch because he wasn't like this before :sad:.

i was thinking the same, this will be his opponets first win this year against a top 10 player...of course it would come against andy, i dont want him to become a joke...im trying to laugh but i wanna cry
(2 forehand winners?)

tangerine_dream
08-10-2005, 12:54 AM
No kidding. :rolleyes: Looks like Deb's sig is going to change again.
:rolleyes: I don't see why. Andy may be tired, he doesn't even look like he's into the match, he's just kinda hanging out. If he goes out first round to a player he shouldn't lose to, whatever. :o He's already had several of those grand moments this year, what's one more? :yawn: Hopefully he'll use the extra time off to really prepare for Cincy.

And then Andre can go on to win Canada. :)

jessa007
08-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Arg. Why does Andy SUCK so extremely right now?

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 12:59 AM
sigh, I'm not even sure I care right now.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 01:00 AM
7-5, 6-3.....in the FIRST round THATS FINE. whatever. :rolleyes:

...im Vcash poor, im glad i watched that.

Deboogle!.
Naldo, I'm so sorry you won't get to see Andy again :hug: I really wanted you to.

tangerine_dream
LOL. I like that Andy walked off the court like he didn't care if he won or lost. That's kind of how I'm feeling now. I'm glad he won Washington and he just simply wasn't prepared or ready to deal with Canada. It was too soon. He didn't play well at all. On to Cincy. :banana:

Nishy
08-10-2005, 01:01 AM
:rolleyes: I don't see why. Andy may be tired, he doesn't even look like he's into the match, he's just kinda hanging out. If he goes out first round to a player he shouldn't lose to, whatever. :o He's already had several of those grand moments this year, what's one more? :yawn: Hopefully he'll use the extra time off to really prepare for Cincy.

And then Andre can go on to win Canada. :)Andy :sad:
I agree. Andy seems to be tired. He didn't follow balls that he usually does. Hope he can prepare enough mentally and phisically in Cincinaty.

Disappointed but I don't blame him.

RickDaStick
08-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Shake if off, kid.

jessa007
08-10-2005, 01:05 AM
LOL. I like that Andy walked off the court like he didn't care if he won or lost. That's kind of how I'm feeling now. I'm glad he won Washington and he just simply wasn't prepared or ready to deal with Canada. It was too soon. He didn't play well at all. On to Cincy. :banana:

Tangy, you are probably the most optimistic person on these boards. I don't know how you do it.

Havok
08-10-2005, 01:07 AM
The speed of the courts were fine, nobody needs to be complaining about them (players and posters both). It's going from one hardcourt to another, its not like we're going from clay to grass in 48 hours :rolleyes:. One day practicing on it is enough to get used to it, he just let PHM dictate every single point, terrible. Easily the worst performance I've ever seen from Andy.

Havok
08-10-2005, 01:09 AM
I just hope he gets some rest, maybe still stay in town for another day or something and then go to CINCY, did you hear me retard, go to CINCY like soon so you can get acustomed to the courts there, because they're much faster that they are here. Sheesh you would think a fast court would make Andy revert to power tennis, but he played more of a clay court boring shit game than Nadal did today. Another 2 years :zzz:.

snaillyyy
08-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Well if nothing else I am starting to develop a thick skin in regards to his losses. The broken record comes out again.....mental...mental..mental..THE END. Really nothing new to say, get ready for the next one Andy and hopefully someday soon you will figure it out.

tangerine_dream
08-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Tangy, you are probably the most optimistic person on these boards. I don't know how you do it.
If Andy had played great--you know, his usual game--then I'd probably be spitting tacks, but I'm not terribly upset because he was misfiring from the get-go and Mathieu was not. Andy wasn't comfortable or acclimated with the court. And like I said before he had only one day to come down from the Washington high, travel to Canada, practice, and then do it all over again for another week straight? Mentally he probably wasn't ready for Canada just yet and the fact that he practically skipped off the court afterwards tells me that he wasn't ready, doesn't care, and probably wanted to go back home so that he can properly prepare for Cincy. :lol:

surfpinky
why am I still rooting for andy? why? after this? why do I still like him? why?

Mathieu played amazing.

Noelle
This should sum up what I'm feeling and thinking right now.
:eek: :retard: :smash: :shout: :bigcry: :hysteric: :crying2: :help: :bolt:

Chaos Inc.
08-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Andy is becoming the ATP's version of American Idol. Making stars out of virtual talentless nobodies.

Tytta!.
08-10-2005, 01:11 AM
:rolleyes:

Ok, let's move on :)

partygirl
08-10-2005, 01:12 AM
i dont really care either its cool,

but THE BOY is not off the hook...if you wanna do well you gotta play well....
&he's not well!

i do however want to spank him :devil: HARD :devil: A LOT :fiery:

Eve83
08-10-2005, 01:12 AM
There must be something else occupying his mind, whatever it is: Get it out of the system fast!

In a few years, he´ll probably saying something like "When I won the US Open I was too young...and everything happened so fast after that, I just couldn´t cope with all the pressure."

Time to play like in pre-USO´03 again Andy: Don´t think, have fun and play!

BTW: Get rid of your coach...yes, I know how "fit", "strict" and "physically perfect" he became through him but what about the mind Andy?

At least he gets a few days off now.

tangerine_dream
08-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Naldo's new sig :haha:

Poor Naldo. If anything, I feel worse that you won't be able to see Andy play live. And Volcanic Tennis too, and who are the other Canadians here? That sucks for you guys. :hug:

partygirl
08-10-2005, 01:15 AM
the problem is he think's he's fine with the pressure, he tells everyone so...
"i just deal with it"
i wouldnt call today or THIS year dealing with it.
he doesnt even have a clue, how much better it could be.....how sad :sad:

i agree if a player wins they share some responsability, when they loose they deserve it too...dean is a part of this, he wont leave him though :fiery: too loyal.

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm still at a loss for words on this.

But Tangy, there is no excuse for not being prepared for a Masters event - especially one where you'd been in the finals the past three years and won when it was last in this venue AND where you were coming off playing well and winning a tournament. NO EXCUSE.

Eve83
08-10-2005, 01:20 AM
the problem is he think's he's fine with the pressure, he tells everyone so...
"i just deal with it"
i wouldnt call today or THIS year dealing with it.
he doesnt even have a clue, how much better it could be.....how sad :sad:

Yep...read his post match interviews. They are like all the same: "Today I hit the ball well...I had a serve percentage of 80, that´s huge for me."

You know, if I remember correctly in the past he never was such a huge stats-loving guy. The press-people told him so after the matches and would wonder if it was really true.

I want old Andy back...maybe he should also stop running to every single showbiz show.

Nahh...what do I know. I am just disappointed. When was the last big win he had? And I certainly don´t mean Washington by that...

Nishy
08-10-2005, 01:20 AM
I just think Andy is not so much interested in winning match right now. Didn't want to say but losing the chances several time from Fed really made Andy mentally tired I think. But Andy is still young. I think it is good to take a break for a while when things is not going to well for long time.

Havok
08-10-2005, 01:21 AM
The only "good" thing that comes out of this is the fact that I won't be tied down to a particular Roddick match and can roam around the grounds much more for the next 2 days. Still, though, such an ass. He desperately needs to do well at Cincy because he needs to nab that #4 seed to avoid Fed/Nadal/EWT/Safin as a potential Qf opponent at the US Open.

J. Corwin
08-10-2005, 01:23 AM
That was beyond retarded...good for you Andy, just keep continuing your downward spiral and retire soon. Those were easily some of the LAMEST groundies I have seen from Andy.

Andy, you ARE the Weakest Link! Goodbye!

Havok
Yep...read his post match interviews. They are like all the same: "Today I hit the ball well...I had a serve percentage of 80, that´s huge for me."

You know, if I remember correctly in the past he never was such a huge stats-loving guy. The press-people told him so after the matches and would wonder if it was really true.

I want old Andy back...maybe he should also stop running to every single showbiz show.

Nahh...what do I know. I am just disappointed. When was the last big win he had? And I certainly don´t mean Washington by that...
It can be argued that his win over Moya at IW this year was a "big" win. If not that, then um..................................... def. Hewitt in the semis of Queens Club 04 on grass.

Eve83
I just think Andy is not so much interested in winning match right now. Didn't want to say but losing the chances several time from Fed really made Andy mentally tired I think. But Andy is still young. I think it is good to take a break for a while when things is not going to well for long time.

Maybe he should pull a ´Safin´...picking up a new coach and spend a few weeks with him in the woods, camping and eating fish, lol.

jessa007
08-10-2005, 01:25 AM
LOL @ the new title.

Eve83
08-10-2005, 01:25 AM
It can be argued that his win over Moya at IW this year was a "big" win. If not that, then um..................................... def. Hewitt in the semis of Queens Club 04 on grass.

Yes cause Moya´05 is just great;)

Come to think of it...Lleyton Queen´s Club´04...oh wow. That´s like over a year ago. Sweet.

andyroxmysox12191
08-10-2005, 01:26 AM
*sigh*

that's all I have to say

Chaos Inc.
08-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Andy looked like he would have rather been anywhere else but out there tonight. This is not good at all for his chances at Cincy or the U.S. Open, because Andy is the kind of player who has to play his way into good form. He is not the kind of player like Federer who can show up at a grand slam and be in tourney winning form....

Eve83
08-10-2005, 01:30 AM
It´s 3:30 am now here in Europe...that´s what I have to say about it.

Staying awake just for that match via Livescore was great!

G´night, see you in Cinci

tangerine_dream
Andy, you ARE the Weakest Link! Goodbye!

:haha: I'm glad I'm not the only one who's laughing over this. I don't know why it's so funny to me but it is. I'm not concerned. Honestly, if Andy were firing on all cylindars tonight, PHM would not have won. Simple as that. But Andy was tired, not ready, didn't care, or whatever and played absolutely horrible and Paul played absolutely terrific. Even Roger would've lost against PHM if he played as bad as Andy did tonight. :lol:

Now I just hope that Andy will use this time to relax, get his mini-OAF brain in order, and prepare for Cincy. He needs a master's title. :dance:

bavaria100
Wow, Andy sucks this year, especially in TMS events. Wasn´t that his third first round loss in a Masters tourney this season? His win/loss record in TMS events has to be 6-5 this year (if I am right). I can´t remember that he played that bad in them before. :scratch: His record in 2001 was better than this year. IMO, this year has to be considered worse than last year if he doesn´t win the US Open or one of the remaining TMS events. Winning 4 tourneys is good (I mean, Lleyton has only won one), but those titles were only small ones.

Eve83
08-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Watch one of his 2003 matches and start to cry...the difference between now and back then is hilarious!

Havok
08-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Yes cause Moya´05 is just great;)

Come to think of it...Lleyton Queen´s Club´04...oh wow. That´s like over a year ago. Sweet.
:haha: Moya did play up to his standards in that match though. He played like he used to when he was a solid top 10 player. Ack no I take that back, Andy beat henman and Safin at the TMC at the end of 04, silly me how the hell did I forget that :retard:?

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 01:33 AM
i would like to tahnk andy for using to another one of my players i'd rather he lost to one of my other boys than someone i hate!

personally i think it could be what he needs, he needs to relaise he has to fight for matches and can't just win it without trying! he needs a kick up the ass and unfortunately i think the only way for him to get that kick is to lose a few and realise he's not as good as he thinks he is. I hate to say it but i think he needs to lose a few and let the rankings drop and fight his way back he needs to learn.

i'd also like to thank andy for making it so i have vcash again! always look on the bright side! :)

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Now I just hope that Andy will use this time to relax, get his mini-OAF brain in order, and prepare for Cincy. He needs a master's title. :dance:But the problem is that this was the best opportunity for him to add points without the other guys there and with Hewitt retiring and stuff, he could've even caught Hewitt at #3 and there would've been no concern about being seeded #5 at the USO. Now it's not only possible but probable b/c he'll be seeded 5 at Cincy and could face Roger/Rafa/Marat/Lleyton in the QF - but of course he'd have to make it that far :o

Nice job, Andy. Really nice job fucking everything up.

Havok
08-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Watch one of his 2003 matches and start to cry...the difference between now and back then is hilarious!
Andy's mental toughness in 03 matched with Andy's game this year and he would be SOLID #2 possibly beating Federer here and there.

Caren
08-10-2005, 01:36 AM
I dunno if i want to choke him or laugh at him. :\ I was pretty pissed when he lost, now its almost as if it was written. Federer pulls out, hewitt retires, title is almost given to him on a plate and what does he do....loses to a player ranked like 60 places below him. But then again, its not the first time its happened so i shouldn't really be suprised.

Fee
08-10-2005, 01:38 AM
hmmm, some interesting comments here, and I'll be interested to see what Andy has to say about this match.

My opinion, that was a very tired man out on that court tonight. He just looked so lethargic, no legs underneath him at all, no way to bounce up into his serve, no fire at all. I've never seen him look that beat after winning a regular one-week long tournament, so I have to wonder if there was something else going on (bad flight? bad food?) Anyway, he should be fine in Cincy after a few days at home. Hopefully, he'll be there on Saturday, practicing early and showing the rest of the draw that he is serious and ready to go.

pikespeak
08-10-2005, 01:40 AM

What showbiz shows has he been running to?

Kimmel? He did only a couple days of the ESPY promotion gigs, and since then, he's been playing nothing but Tennis.

Showbiz hasn't been calling him.

It's mental--not Hollywood.

guida
08-10-2005, 01:41 AM
But the problem is that this was the best opportunity for him to add points without the other guys there and with Hewitt retiring and stuff, he could've even caught Hewitt at #3 and there would've been no concern about being seeded #5 at the USO. Now it's not only possible but probable b/c he'll be seeded 5 at Cincy and could face Roger/Rafa/Marat/Lleyton in the QF - but of course he'd have to make it that far :o

Exactly. Which makes you think (unless there's some sort of injury) that he doesn't give a damn about any of that right now. I'm dying to hear the PC explanations. :rolleyes:

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 01:42 AM
I dunno if i want to choke him or laugh at him. :\ I was pretty pissed when he lost, now its almost as if it was written. Federer pulls out, hewitt retires, title is almost given to him on a plate and what does he do....loses to a player ranked like 60 places below him. But then again, its not the first time its happened so i shouldn't really be suprised.

58 places to be exact :angel:

i believe there's still another player in there who could beat him easily a guy by the the name of nadal, youmay have heard of him i'm told he's quite good so maybe not on the plate for him! but certainly a good chance,

andywhobies whats the chance of a mario v rafa(or richard) final now :angel:

sol
08-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Hi all :kiss:

A big :hug: to everyone... Andy didn't play bad :hug: but PHM played incredible :eek::eek: Good luck in Cincinnati! :hug:

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 01:44 AM
hmmm, some interesting comments here, and I'll be interested to see what Andy has to say about this match.

i'm thinking OOPS

My opinion, that was a very tired man out on that court tonight. He just looked so lethargic, no legs underneath him at all, no way to bounce up into his serve, no fire at all. I've never seen him look that beat after winning a regular one-week long tournament, so I have to wonder if there was something else going on (bad flight? bad food?) Anyway, he should be fine in Cincy after a few days at home. Hopefully, he'll be there on Saturday, practicing early and showing the rest of the draw that he is serious and ready to go.
funny i'm starting to wonder if robby and andy switched bodys :p

bavaria100
08-10-2005, 01:45 AM

That´s right. Andy was soo fearless at that time and had an amazing fighting spirit. He even seemed much more relaxed to me and one could see that he had fun on the court, nowadays one gets mostly negative emotions to see from him. I miss those times. One just has to think about that AO quarter-final match versus Younes, how he saved that mp with an amazing fh winner. I am sure that he wouldn´t hit that kind of shot today. He is thinking about statistics, how many unforced errors he makes and so on.

tangerine_dream
08-10-2005, 01:45 AM
éowyn did you get your package yet? :D

RoddickBabe10
08-10-2005, 01:47 AM
I'm officially a retired Andy fan.:hatoff:

It has been a good 4 years, ya'll.:) :)

I hope Andy wakes up, and I know he's actually had a good USO series but I just think that he isn't the Andy I was a big fan of years ago. And I think that letting go of Brad Gilbert was a really bad idea but hey that's just me.

sol

Yeah!....PHM could take advantage of that situation, preparing the points to define them with the parallel backhand. Andy was not the combatant player that we know.

Caren
58 places to be exact :angel:

i believe there's still another player in there who could beat him easily a guy by the the name of nadal, youmay have heard of him i'm told he's quite good so maybe not on the plate for him! but certainly a good chance,

andywhobies whats the chance of a mario v rafa(or richard) final now :angel:

Oh yeh i know there'd be the challenge of Nadal and Agassi thats why i said 'Almost' on a plate. :worship:
A lot more people on here who saw the match are saying he looked tired if so fair enough, he better be back firing on all cylinders next week. :rolleyes:

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 01:48 AM
éowyn did you get your package yet? :D

:lol: see your "i love tangy" thread and check your reps and i think you'll work out the answer.

i was wtaching wobbly whilst ducky was playing :p and btw i did the news so you don't have to don't have to but you probably noticed that already

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Oh yeh i know there'd be the challenge of Nadal and Agassi thats why i said 'Almost' on a plate. :worship:
A lot more people on here who saw the match are saying he looked tired if so fair enough, he better be back firing on all cylinders next week. :rolleyes:

wouldn't it be good if he was firing on any cylinders?

but robbys back next week damn i'm on drugs i'm actually imagining robby winning a TMS event instead of andy and believing it's actually more likely!

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 01:54 AM
And I think that letting go of Brad Gilbert was a really bad idea but hey that's just me.

not just you definately not just you! i think dean has done a gerat job and i love him but i think brad helped andy where it mattered "his head" and he lost that when he got rid of brad!

andy will be fine once he locates head again he just has to realise it's the thing that sits on his neck

Volcanic Tennis
08-10-2005, 02:18 AM
So I go to Taekwon-do, feeling like shit, thinking I'm going to vomit or throw up, and if I don't go I can't pass my exam. So I say: "Okay, I have to take confidence! I have to have courage like Andy!" Haha.

So I walk to my class, I do it, the class is shitty, I feel extremely tired afterwards. My dad came to pick me up. I don't have a whole lot to say to him, so I say: "Umm, anxious for tennis tomorrow night?" (He has a ticket) "Yeah. But so many players are out! Hewitt, Federer, Safin, Roddick..." "Roddick?" "Yeah, he got beat today!"

Now my family isn't aware that I'm obssessed with Andy and that I consider him my hero, my idol... They know I like him, but they don't know how much.

I felt crushed. I feel crushed. I don't care if it's pathetic I just want to crawl up in my bed and not get out for days. I'm going to go tomorrow, but it definately won't be the same. I thought I might see Andy tomorrow again. If I was lucky, I'd get to see him play. I was gonna go thursday, but that's out of the window.

I taped the match. I was going to watch it. I'm so depressed I don't think I will. >_>

At least I can take comfort in one thing: I saw Andy, even if only for twenty minutes. It was from further away than I may have liked, but I saw him, and I guess that's what counts. I didn't seem him play, and that sucks, I'm really depressed about that, the whole event's going to be blah for me now, but... 2007, baby! *sigh*

.. i was really looking forward to this whole thing... my mom made me pick between coming here and going to niagara falls. it was an instant decision to go to the tournament. I'd cry, but... I don't think I have the right, you know, considering I saw him, but... still. :( Sigh... It's just, depressing, blah, you know?

... As I wrote that last paragraph, I burst out into laughter. If only I had stole someone's pen and jumped him down for an autograph :D

partygirl
08-10-2005, 02:19 AM
i gotta shake it off...cause my player aint the same and he keep on playing games like he dont know how to play.
(shake, shake, shake it off)
just like a calgone commercial i really gotta get up, get outta here and go somewhere.
(gotta shake it off)
gotta make that move to find somebody who appriciates the game & the love we have for him
(shake, shake, shake it off)
gotta do whats best for me and baby that means i gotta shake it off.
-by partygirl & mariah carey

anyway,i hope his perfume comes out soon...
call it:
LOSER! "ya know you wanna smell like one"
(i just might)

so he's like 44-10 this year...which is not horrendous, he just loses so badly.
-at least he's not agood loser

Noelle
08-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Anyone else noticed that the dungeon (http://www.andyroddick.com/forum/) is down again? They seem to do that when Andy wins a tournament or loses badly.

WARNING: expect visitors to this forum...

Andy, I love you. Please play better. :hug:

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 02:35 AM
you woulnd't happen to be the same noelle thats on LJ would ya?

Noelle
08-10-2005, 02:37 AM
No, I don't have an LJ, so that's not me. :)

liptea
08-10-2005, 02:45 AM
:sad:

ataptc
08-10-2005, 02:45 AM
That was frustrating to watch, especially since I woke up early just to catch it. I guess the title is really appropriate right now :o

Merton
08-10-2005, 02:46 AM
:wavey: fellow Andy fans! Thank you Andy for ruining my plans to study tonight :o

Where can i start? Many interesting comments from everybody, we agree that Andy was miserable, passive and lethargic. I am looking at Andy's defeats this year, and sadly, this one opens a new category: Negligence and inferior preparation.

There were losses where he did not handle the moment well (Hewitt at AO, Verdasco at Rome, Acasuso at RG, Ginepri at Indy) and closed matches that just did not go his way. (Hewitt at Indian Wells, Massu at Hamburg) The one today opens a new chapter.

Andy did not come with a coherent plan out there today. Playing an opponent with zero confidence, he gets gifted with a break, and, instead of consolidating as one of the best servers on the tour that he is, he gets broken right away. Then, he loses the first set and he starts the second with no plan B. PHM offered the break back at 3-1 2nd set, but Andy did not take it. I think the key was letting PHM getting confidence and not doing anything to react. Yes, he was in a bad day today and he did not have time to adjust properly. But a big part of his class consists in finding a way to win even without playing his A or A- game.

I apologize for the long rumbling but i feel dissapointed. This is a big event and a win here was entirely feasible. I just don't see what benefit he gets by not going deep here. Better chances at going deep at Cincy? I doubt it. If he did not feel ready to play, there is no shame in withdrawing, paying his fine as a gentleman and moving on.

A big :hug: to all Andy fans. Again, apologies for the long post. On to Cincy!

morningglory
08-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Ah well... PHM is a formidable opponent on the right day :o
That's not too bad a loss... move on, people...

Jimnik
08-10-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, I guess I'm glad now that Sky Sports didn't cover the match, here in England, although I would like to know how the hell this happened. The stats look really awful. Andy's 1st serve % is too low, his ace count:eek: is FAR too low, points won on 2nd serve is too low. Worst of all, he won only 24% of points on Mathieu's serve - 30% on his 2nd serve - and that's including the double faults. How the hell do you break your opponent's serve with statistics like that?

I knew everyone here was underestimating Mathieu right from the start - he is a good player - but I was never prepared for this. I only just discovered that he's reached the final here 3 years in a row and this has actually been Andy's best Masters Series event. He's won Cincy, he's won Miami but he's never come close to winning any others, surprisingly.

I only hope that everyone here is right, that Andy was tired today. I'm glad that Cincy is right around the corner but, trully, this was suppose to be Andy's best chance of grabbing loads of points to challenge Hewitt and Nadal in the rankings. Now it's almost certain that he'll be seeded no.5 at the Open. Safin has hardly any points to defend next week and Hewitt is too far ahead. Hewitt's been ill for months now and Andy hasn't taken advantage:banghead: Andy will probably finish the year 3rd anyway but only because all the other guys have been screwing up too. Not many people realise that Safin is actually having a really shit year. If it weren't for his Australian Open triumph, this would be his worst year since he was a teenager(not including the year he missed through injury).

:shout:ANDY HAD BETTER LEARN FROM THIS. I really thought the TONS of close calls he had at Queens and Wimbledon would have taught him, or the shit loss to Ginepri:mad: but, I guess, he needs another lesson:smash:. Maybe he should follow Marat's example of firing:armed: a coach everytime he gets a shit result. There is no doubt, in my mind, that Goldfine is NOT THE MAN FOR THE JOB. He doesn't know how to prepare Andy for important matches and he's trying to get him to play this serve-volley shit, just because he has a good serve. How the hell is he suppose to adapt to a new style this deep into his career? This year, he's looked so uncomfortable at the back of the court. At this stage, Andy should go back to doing what he's good at - BIG serve BIG forehand - end of story.

Frankly, with Federer, Hewitt and Safin back next week, I don't think Andy has a chance. His best shot at winning a Masters Series shield this year will be the 2 indoor tournaments at the end of the year. But, at the moment, it looks like Nadal and Federer are destined to take all the Masters Series shields this year.

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 03:27 AM
It's a bad loss b/c of the sluggish, lethargic, disappointing way Andy played. It's disappointing because it once again looked like he wasn't mentally prepared for a tourney, the second time in a month, but this time it was a much bigger, much more important tourney, with a VERY important rankings issue at stake. So yes, it's a bad loss.

I wonder if Andy skipped out on his press conference, there are no quotes in any of the articles....

edit: good post, Jimnik, said a lot of what I was thinking but too tired and empty-feeling to put into words. About Dean.... maybe he's not the right guy - maybe he's not preparing him well enough, but the thing is, at the end of last year Brad wasn't either. The coach can only get so much blame. I guess since we don't know what they do to prepare for matches, we can't comment - we can only comment on what we see. And it sure looked like Andy's tactics today going into the match were anything but what we would call being "well-prepared" but Mathieu also played excellently. Of course, the quality of someone's play can be measured by what his opponent allowed him to do and the fact that Andy was moonballing and his serve was sucking and everything he hit was rolling in and falling short and sitting up - it makes it look like Mathieu just hit a ton of winners when part of it can be attributed to the fact that Andy's shots just sat there waiting to be obliterated. What a long, winding, garbled way of saying.... what else can Andy do? Should he fire Dean already? It wasn't working with Brad either, so I still think getting rid of him was probably a good decision at the time. who else would he hire, and how do we know they'd do any better?

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 03:33 AM
jimnik it's on at 2 on sky sports though :)

debs coulnd't you have blocked ducky out of the avvy and left james in :sad: i liked james in that piccie it gave me something to look at

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 03:38 AM
never mind, I guess he did give a press conference, that's good I guess. it would've been even more :o if he was pissy and just left. this is an excerpt from the tourney site. At least he admitted he had problems.
----------------
Roddick had only good things to say about Mathieu after his surprising loss.

“I thought he played great,” Roddick said. “I think he served really well tonight. You know – a lot of credit to him. He didn't let me settle in and try to find my bearings. He really took it to me so I was playing reactive instead of active.”

The American also explained his difficulty adapting to the conditions in Montreal compared to those in Washington.

“It just felt totally different out there than it did two days ago,” he said. “The court, the balls, they're all a little bit different. I just didn't adjust. It's a different ball. I just didn't feel like I was doing anything real comfortably out there.”

Fee
08-10-2005, 03:39 AM
Perhaps some of you should go back about a year and find the posts that said 'Andy should fire Brad because he's not progressing' or whatever. I'm sure they are there...

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 03:46 AM
never from me fee :ras: i love brad! i want brad to coach to mario :p

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Yes, Fee, they are here. Some people started questioning Brad around the USO but especially at the Masters Cup and DC...

Éowyn
08-10-2005, 03:53 AM
and yes there are lots of former brad haters personally i love brad and i love dean too but they're very different and i think both have great things they do/did for andy he should have them both :p andywhobies i'm off to bed it's 5am!

Fee
08-10-2005, 03:58 AM
Well, I don't think that Andy needs Brad at all. This isn't about the coach, its about the player, and today, the player was exhausted. Yes, there have been other problems that we have seen throughout the year, and it is possible that those could be fixed by a different coach (again, NOT Brad), but what happened today was physical, pure and simple.

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 04:03 AM
I dunno, i think it was mental, too. Also, in that quote from the tourney site he had trouble with the conditions, court, ball, whatever. Not excuses at all, but if you're unhappy with all that stuff, the rest is gonna come more difficultly (desperate times call for the desperate measure of making up the word I need since I don't have the energy to think of the proper real word) too, and he happened to play a guy who was playing better than his typical. It's always a combination of things with him (well, for most others too I suppose). But yes, the fact that he wasn't even running after balls shows that he was either physically tired or so mentally out of it that he didn't care (or both). I don't understand why he'd be so tired, though. He's played more matches in a row than this. Montreal and DC are not that far away so that that flight should take that much out of him, he had a full day off and didn't play til the evening, etc. I just have trouble buying that it was this terrible physical exhaustion.

Like I said, perhaps he wasn't prepared by Dean well enough, but we don't know enough to speculate on that. And please, JJ, it has nothing to do with liking brad or whatever. If you objectively watch Andy's matches from the end of last year, he was having the exact same problems (especially mentally) as he is having now. That demonstrates to me that it was and is not the coach, it is other stuff. So at least with Dean, Andy is fitter and technically a more complete and more solid player. right now, I still think it's all the mental stuff - and Brad wasn't helping with it and Dean doesn't really seem to be either.

pikespeak
08-10-2005, 04:15 AM
Your the Forum Umpire for a reason, Debs...

:worship: :worship:

Dirk
08-10-2005, 04:22 AM
The only "good" thing that comes out of this is the fact that I won't be tied down to a particular Roddick match and can roam around the grounds much more for the next 2 days. Still, though, such an ass. He desperately needs to do well at Cincy because he needs to nab that #4 seed to avoid Fed/Nadal/EWT/Safin as a potential Qf opponent at the US Open.

He won't play Roger if he is number 5 in the qrts. Number one and five never have played in the qrts from what I know of. Having Nadal as his opponent in the qrts wouldn't be all that bad Naldo. ;) I knew this would be a tight match because Paul is great on indoors so he is great on faster surfaces. I was impressed with his play in the 1st rd of Wimbledon and knew his game would trouble Andy but I didn't think he would win. I thought Andy would have came back in the 2nd set after having all the break points. Andy did play badly some of it was due to Paul taking the ball early which rushed Andy and allowed Paul to hit so many winners and Paul's backhand did more damage than I thought it would do. Andy's serve didn't do him any favors and he lost confidence in it after Paul was handling it so well in the first set. Andy will lose 350 points this week so I don't know how that will effect him in the seeding.

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 04:28 AM
So Andy sucks. And I hate him just a little bit, okay, a lot right now. It just makes me feel like he doesn't care. I hate that. I'm gonna stop before I get even more mad. K.

And I decided that Vinny can very well be my favorite player now. It's easier to be a fan when the player wins, gets further in tournies, etc, but Andy isn't getting any farther than Vinny, so what the hell. :inlove: I love Vince Spadea. :inlove: Plus, he makes up his own raps, while Andy just sings old ones. And how can you not love someone with JBE (dont ask) hair and plays in his boxers when he has no sponsor. And takes pictures of himself for his ghetto website and waves to his fangirls. And the majority of his clothes and hats have his name on them. HOT. :hearts: Now please excuse me because writing that much about Vinny has made me a little sick to my stomach.

Dirk
08-10-2005, 04:31 AM
Don't take it out on Vinny Pink. I actually like that guy. He is harmless fun. Andy just ran into a player he wasn't ready for. Paul played incredible and Andy couldn't match his level until he was down a break in the 2nd set. It was too little too late.

Deboogle!.
08-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Danielle, you're my hero. End.

superpinkone37
08-10-2005, 04:34 AM
Don't take it out on Vinny Pink. I actually like that guy.
So do I!!! Actually, I LOVE HIM!!!1!
I am his one and only fangirl!
OMG HEART!!!11 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Deb you were my hero first. End.

Dirk
08-10-2005, 04:37 AM
There will be better days for Andy. There is always next week as the saying goes.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 05:53 AM
I just have trouble buying that it was this terrible physical exhaustion.

me too, more like terrible MENTAL exhaustion.
it probbly took everything in him to hold it together through DC...tonight the damn broke.

acoffeygirl
08-10-2005, 06:07 AM
Danielle wins at life. end

partygirl
08-10-2005, 06:30 AM
i just found this.....

in the next couple of weeks i want andy to remember what is on the billboard behind/above him, so sweet....so true. :angel:

how perfect is the phantom ad?

blosson
08-10-2005, 07:42 AM
I wake up and this? Andy Roddick 22 is too old to play consecutive tourneys - he gets tired...

Seriously, he has about another 5 years left of tennis and blows a wonderful opportunity like this (well again!). He was never the one to complain about the conditions, balls or surface. "I'm playing on the same stuff as everybody else" he used to say. Nadal can pull off and play well on super fast courts and Andy can't?
Wonderful. Just great.

Black Adam
08-10-2005, 09:53 AM
yESTERDay I had a nice time at wimbly but Andy OAF had to ruin things for me. :( :fiery: :help: :banghead:
At this point he wont be even seeded number 5 at USO :mad: :o :rolleyes:
He loses a whole lot of points....he had better make up for this mess in Cincy and the positive side is that next year he wont be losing any points in canada.

nobama
08-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Who coached Andy last year at TMC when he played that awful SF against Hewitt? That was still Brad, right?

blosson
08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Yes, Brad was still with Andy during last year's TMC.

I think the coach's influence is very important but it's not what's making Andy play stupid tennis. He needed to improved his game and needed a change. He has only himself to blame about dumb losses like this.

partygirl
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Who coached Andy last year at TMC when he played that awful SF against Hewitt? That was still Brad, right?

it was brad, barely....i remember that match and one thing stuck out to me, in that match was the first time ive ever really saw roddick give up, half way through the 2nd set he turns around and mouths:
"there is no way im going to win this" it kinda shocked me i would have before then never imagined andy saying those words, especially oncourt while playing.
and ever since than he has this defeatist attitude (considers himself lucky)
i know some people think his problems started a little before than (04 us open, davis cup)
but its near the same timeframe and was a horrible smackdown that lasted like 20 minutes(i know hewitt won the last 20 points) to me that moment is when i noticed a change, it stuck with me then.... i knew it was more than just words, it was a change in attitude a change in his belief....ill never forget it.
i still have it on tape, but wont watch it...its ingrained into my memory, as you can see.

Eve83
08-10-2005, 11:38 AM
That´s right. Andy was soo fearless at that time and had an amazing fighting spirit. He even seemed much more relaxed to me and one could see that he had fun on the court, nowadays one gets mostly negative emotions to see from him. I miss those times. One just has to think about that AO quarter-final match versus Younes, how he saved that mp with an amazing fh winner. I am sure that he wouldn´t hit that kind of shot today. He is thinking about statistics, how many unforced errors he makes and so on.

Yep, exactly what I meant.

He has the game and we all know it. It´s just that sometimes he seems to just shut off during a match and that´s the moment when it´s all over.
E.g. he used to be soo good during Tie Breaks...2005 AusOpen SF vs. Hewitt...man, he was playing brilliantly in the first three sets, but totally wasted his chances in the breakers and then the fourth set...was nearly as funny as his encounter with hewitt before that one, Masters´04...the 20 points that Lleyton made CONSECUTIVELY! With Andy´s serve! That can´t be!

I am not even talking about Roger anymore. Andy seriously needs to get his head fixed. I am sorry but sometimes I have the feeling he just gets pissed when he´s down and just let it go. I am sure he doesn´t do it on purpose but as far as I can see it, he tries to be too cool on court. Andy´03 is today´s Nadal (on clay)...hope that the Spaniard won´t lose his enthusiasm.

As I am (normally) more a fan of the Womens´ tour: Let´s look at Anastasia Myskina, she sucked during the first half of the year due to private problems but look at her matches since Wimby...down a set and 2-5? Down 2 match points? Down 1-5 in the decisive set? You can´t play your best tennis cause you´re troubled by whatever? Doesn´t matter...what matter is that you´re still on the court and the match is not over. Being down in a match tells you to FIGHT and nothing else. I have the feeling that Andy´s reaction would be "alright, I am already playing my best, I can´t do much better...my serve´s only at 55%, meaning that I can´t win anyway and my opponent´s must be as high as 90%...huh, dude." Get your ASS UP!!!

I am a fan since 2002 and I´ve never ever seen him that bad...every time Andy gets asked what Goldfine has done for him, he always says "my fitness level has increased...etc.". I am sure Dean is a good coach but I am not sure if he´s the right one for Andy. I bet he´s gone if Andy doesn´t win a huge title this year.

avocadoe
08-10-2005, 12:13 PM
That was a bad match Andy played. I didn't see it until on serve 4-5 in the first but then watched to the end. He played like 4 or 5 very good points and for the rest, well, you know. PHM was awesome, his serve doing a lot of damage but off the ground Andy playing as he played at LeggMason would have been winning. In his defense I'll just say, he had played well last week, and won a tournament, and he didn't like the conditions, and obviously didn't adjust. But he should have called in sick, because this won't be good for his head.

NicoFan
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Bad loss.

Andy needs to figure this thing out and fix it.

The problem is - what's exactly wrong? His head, his game? His coach, lack of focus, lack of confidence?

Too much talent to lose matches to Mathieu in the first round.

So disappointed for him, and feel very sorry for him. :hug:

Angle Queen
08-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Haven't seen the match yet. I was painting the garage last night.

But from all accounts (here and in GM) sounds like PHM just had one of those nights. There's a reason these are Masters Events. You've got the top players playing the top players in very early rounds. I call it the...on-any-given-day theory. I don't quite buy the 'he's tired' or 'he needs a new coach'. He lost. Actually, it sounds more like Mathieu won.

I'm sorry he's losing the points and a nice opportunity with a very open field, but get your butt down to Cincy...get some rest, get accustomed to the conditions...and get your game face on, Andy. We still luv ya!

PinkFeatherBoa
08-10-2005, 01:39 PM
OK I haven't seen the match yet (not sure I want to), so thanks to everyone who provided any match information or analysis in this thread for saving me watching this debacle.

I woke up this morning and the first thing after I got out of bed, I was like 'Has Andy won?', so I got out my cell phone to check the results. The top headline on the Sky Sports tennis page was 'Roddick blames balls', I was like WTF he lost to Paulo ( no offence to Paulo whom I like). :| So started my day, great way to start I might add. :|

Well I can't comment on the match itself, so I am now going to read back over the misery, as portrayed aptly through this thread title. (which I love BTW). ;)

partygirl
08-10-2005, 01:47 PM
OK I haven't seen the match yet (not sure I want to), so thanks to everyone who provided any match information or analysis in this thread for saving me watching this debacle.

I woke up this morning and the first thing after I got out of bed, I was like 'Has Andy won?', so I got out my cell phone to check the results. The top headline on the Sky Sports tennis page was 'Roddick blames balls', I was like WTF he lost to Paulo ( no offence to Paulo whom I like). :| So started my day, great way to start I might add. :|

Well I can't comment on the match itself, so I am now going to read back over the misery, as portrayed aptly through this thread title. (which I love BTW). ;)

DONT!

by the way-"i blame roddicks balls ." not the god damn tennis balls big F-ing deal.
different tennis balls- puh-leez

Kristen
08-10-2005, 02:19 PM
:aplot: He's reminding me of the players in my signature. Thanks Andy. :tape:
:wavey: Boone (Eve's av).... :sad:

Fumus
08-10-2005, 02:20 PM
There will be better days for Andy. There is always next week as the saying goes.

Yea Even Roger has lost first round at a masters(last year Cincy). :)