what is nadals workout plan/routine etc..... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

what is nadals workout plan/routine etc.....

Rex
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
could anyone tell me.
i would appreciate it. thanks

DanEd
08-03-2005, 12:55 PM
He jerks off every morning. that is why he has so strong biceps

Rex
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
lol

Castafiore
08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
could anyone tell me.
i would appreciate it. thanks
His workout plan? Sorry, no idea but you can pick up bits of info here and there.

There's a thread with a little bit of information on this, posted somewhere here.
Maybe there are two Rafa Nadals. One quiet, hard-working Rafa that beats his hands into a pulp during practice under the silent watch of his uncle; always on his toes next to the net. His hands full of cracks and calluses; a worker's hands after months of beating a pickaxe and a chisel against a concrete wall. The same Rafa Nadal who, two or three hours later, heads to the gym to work with Joan Forcades, his physical trainer. With him, Rafa Nadal has discovered that he has a sixth sense, the gift of proprioception, the ability of the muscles to remember the position of the body's joints at all times and vary their contractions accordingly, to respond immediately to external stimuli. Proprioception exercises on unstable surfaces, such as giant balls, are the basis of his physical training, not weightlifting or bench presses as one might think from looking at his giant biceps.

"With Rafa, more than anything, we've done preventative work," explains Forcades. "We've got to prevent injuries, which are very frequent in tennis because of changes in surface, because of the huge number of matches played in a year, the constant trips..."

Rafa Nadal has had two major injuries in his career that kept him off the courts during key months during 2003 and 2004. Luckily, these problems have not reappeared so far in 2005, with six tournaments and seven finals under his belt, perhaps because the proprioception exercises are starting to pay off. His muscles, speed, the fierceness of his starts, his changes in direction, he works on all of these things with strange materials at the gym; conical pulleys, yoyos, vibrating platforms...
It doesn't really give you a plan/routine but it might give you an idea of the sort of workout he does.
Read the entire article (a translation) here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=46401

Maybe you'll find more info on http://www.vamosrafael.com in one of the articles posted there.

Bits that I did find in a quick search:
The “Boy King” works hard to achieve his goals. For instance, he sometimes loves to run for hours in the streaming rain up and down the mountains on his home Island Mallorca.

“When he then returns home”, says his coach/uncle Toni with noticeable pride in his voice, “he looks as dirty as a great football player after an important match”.
http://www.vamosrafael.com/articles/art441.html

Another article with info about the sort of work he did to come back from an injury:
http://www.vamosrafael.com/articles/art211.html

1sun
08-03-2005, 01:38 PM
the boy is dedicated to be running up and down mountains! you would never catch me doing that. more praise for rafa though, that is serious hard work/effort.

Auscon
08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Not sure about his workout regime, but dietary wise, I've read somewhere that he eats alot of clay (says he wants to start eating more grass though)

Rex
08-03-2005, 03:52 PM
funny aucson- and very interesting by castafiore

ae wowww
08-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Reza, you're a fag.

LaTenista
08-03-2005, 04:09 PM
the boy is dedicated to be running up and down mountains! you would never catch me doing that. more praise for rafa though, that is serious hard work/effort.

He was spotted running around the outside of Chatrier Court 45 minutes before his match with Gasquet.

I believe his uncle, the footballer Miguel Angel Nadal, is his fitness trainer.

Rafa also loves to play football and golf.

1sun
08-03-2005, 04:27 PM
He was spotted running around the outside of Chatrier Court 45 minutes before his match with Gasquet.

I believe his uncle, the footballer Miguel Angel Nadal, is his fitness trainer.

Rafa also loves to play football and golf.
yeh i no but golf?lol some reason i find that funny. he cnt really get pumped, not physical enough for him.lol