Absent Stars Are Taking the Steam Out of Series [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Absent Stars Are Taking the Steam Out of Series

nobama
08-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Absent Stars Are Taking the Steam Out of Series
By Lisa Dillman, Times Staff Writer

It appears that the so-called "Hottest Reality Series" of summer just got a little too real.

People are not showing up for work, phoning in at the last minute with suspect excuses or spending so much time on other projects, they can't pay attention to their day jobs, and one thing is clear after three weeks: Tennis, indeed, has begun to mirror real life in this year's U.S. Open series.

It was supposed to feature the top players, creating story lines and subplots to elevate interest in the tournaments leading up to the U.S. Open, which starts Aug. 29. But tennis' Real World has had plenty of vacancies.

Andy Roddick and Andre Agassi have taken turns playing tournaments but have yet to appear at the same time or even in the same city. Roger Federer and his luggage may show up later this month in Cincinnati.

Maria Sharapova, Australian Open champion Serena Williams, French Open champion Justine Henin-Hardenne and defending champion Lindsay Davenport all withdrew from this week's $1.3-million Acura Classic in Carlsbad because of injuries.

Instead of playing this week or at the JPMorgan Chase Open next week in Carson, Venus Williams is flying to Stockholm, Sweden for a $140,000 Tier IV event next week. Davenport, hindered by a back injury, is considered doubtful through the whole U.S. Open series.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/tennis/la-sp-tencol3aug03,1,5064840.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-tennis

onewoman74
08-03-2005, 12:37 PM
I've barely watched any of the coverage...it's not that interesting at the moment. I'll just wait for the Masters Series to begin.

1sun
08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Roger Federer and his luggage may show up later this month in Cincinnati.

[/URL]
dont bother to mention his injury i c. see how there're making out its his fault and like he isnt bothered with it. fucking twat. anway we new most of the top players werent gonna play and they knew that as wel, so y make it a big deal?

mitalidas
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
well there's no disputing that the series isn't exciting yet. cincinnati will change that, barring any major withdrawals. per plan it would be the first tournament of the series where there is some real competition

Clara Bow
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
well there's no disputing that the series isn't exciting yet. cincinnati will change that, barring any major withdrawals. per plan it would be the first tournament of the series where there is some real competition

Montreal should be exciting too- even though Roger and Safin will not be there unfortunately. I would definately consider Hewitt to be "real competition" on the hard courts and I think he is supposed to be there. I'll be anxious to see how Nadal kicks off his hard court season. This looks to be the tournament where most of the world's top players (outside of Roddick, Agassi, Henman ,etc.) will make their US Open Series debut and I'm looking forward to it.

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 02:16 PM
dont bother to mention his injury i c. see how there're making out its his fault and like he isnt bothered with it. fucking twat. anway we new most of the top players werent gonna play and they knew that as wel, so y make it a big deal?
i dont see anyting in that article thats maliciously against federer so lay off. Would you have preferred if they played up the injury like its life or death!

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Montreal should be exciting too- even though Roger and Safin will not be there unfortunately. I would definately consider Hewitt to be "real competition" on the hard courts and I think he is supposed to be there. I'll be anxious to see how Nadal kicks off his hard court season. This looks to be the tournament where most of the world's top players (outside of Roddick, Agassi, Henman ,etc.) will make their US Open Series debut and I'm looking forward to it.
um................. i thought safin was going to montreal!

mangoes
08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
It really is dull. But to blame Roger, give me a break.

Whistleway
08-03-2005, 02:36 PM
You heard it first here, a couple of weeks back. US Open Series bites !! ;)

1sun
08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
i dont see anyting in that article thats maliciously against federer so lay off. Would you have preferred if they played up the injury like its life or death!
well shes is potraying federer in a negative way. the whole article is negative and she fails to mention important statements. quoting "Roger Federer and his luggage may show up later this month in Cincinnati." she is trying to illustrate that roger is not bothered and shes implying that he should be there for the series. she definately fails to mention that he is injuryed and iam pretty certain that she did that intentionaly to give the indication that he aint bothered. the writer knew when she wrote this article that federer was going to play cincy, but for some reason she decides to say "federer may show up" when he had previously said he would be. its almost shes sayin federer will play cincy if he can be fucked. she also says that top players are suppose to play the series, when every1 new they wouldnt,(including herself and the directors) mayb a couple of top 20 players. shes just puts a whole negative vibe on the article and on the players for no reason. just having a dig. dont know y shes upset though, makes it alot easier for roddick to rack up a few shabby tournys. ;)

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 03:12 PM
well shes is potraying federer in a negative way. the whole article is negative and she fails to mention important statements. quoting "Roger Federer and his luggage may show up later this month in Cincinnati." she is trying to illustrate that roger is not bothered and shes implying that he should be there for the series. she definately fails to mention that he is injuryed and iam pretty certain that she did that intentionaly to give the indication that he aint bothered. the writer knew when she wrote this article that federer was going to play cincy, but for some reason she decides to say "federer may show up" when he had previously said he would be. its almost shes sayin federer will play cincy if he can be fucked. she also says that top players are suppose to play the series, when every1 new they wouldnt,(including herself and the directors) mayb a couple of top 20 players. shes just puts a whole negative vibe on the article and on the players for no reason. just having a dig. dont know y shes upset though, makes it alot easier for roddick to rack up a few shabby tournys. ;)
you had me until the last sentence which reduced your post into a pointless rod-bashing entry.

fedpras
08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't call the U.S. Open Series a total failure. What exactly are its goals? Is it trying to attract the top players to play in these minor American tournaments? I hope not, because that ain't gonna work. The amount of possible bonus money just isn't enough to entice guys like Coria and Nadal to miss the last few clay tournaments of the season, nor is it enough to entice Roger Federer to play and risk making his injury worse.

So what is the goal? It's just a marketing tool. It's geared toward the people who call themselves tennis fans, but who still think the Andy Roddick is the no. 1 player in the world. These people don't realize that we really aren't getting much more coverage than before, and they're gullible enough to think that the players give a damn about the U.S. Open Series. Basically, the USTA promotes the U.S. Open Series like it's a really big deal, and casual fans are more likely to tune in.

1sun
08-03-2005, 03:37 PM
you had me until the last sentence which reduced your post into a pointless rod-bashing entry.
im not bashing roddick.i honest believe it will be good for roddick to wrap up sum wins, boost his confidence b4 us,but im not gonna lie the tournys are shabby depth wise but any tourny win will boast any players confidecne and thats what roddick needs. n i said it will make it easier for roddick, without top players being there, to boast his confidence because it obviously will be easier if top players arent there. the same for federer,hewit,safin,nadal.anyone.

1sun
08-03-2005, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't call the U.S. Open Series a total failure. What exactly are its goals? Is it trying to attract the top players to play in these minor American tournaments? I hope not, because that ain't gonna work. The amount of possible bonus money just isn't enough to entice guys like Coria and Nadal to miss the last few clay tournaments of the season, nor is it enough to entice Roger Federer to play and risk making his injury worse.

So what is the goal? It's just a marketing tool. It's geared toward the people who call themselves tennis fans, but who still think the Andy Roddick is the no. 1 player in the world. These people don't realize that we really aren't getting much more coverage than before, and they're gullible enough to think that the players give a damn about the U.S. Open Series. Basically, the USTA promotes the U.S. Open Series like it's a really big deal, and casual fans are more likely to tune in.
yeah it hasnt been a failure because top players arent playing. the aim is to increase tv ratings and the popularity of tennis. is just this atricle which is implying that the top players arent doing their duties,which is stupid because u cant expect them to play so many tournys in a row at low keyed events.

TheBoiledEgg
08-03-2005, 03:42 PM
the US Open Series
designed to falsely inflate US players ranks so that casual fans think they are better than they actually are.

A "oh look, Ginepri is #2"
B :rolls: :tape:

its.like.that
08-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Most of the American tournaments are rather poor.

The masters series events are no match to the european masters.

The US Open is the worst of the slams - it is only important to the American players, and they have that stupid final set tiebreaker rule.

The crowds actually talk during points.

Almost every tourney is on a crappy hardcourt.

It's for these reasons and more that the best players just don't like to play in them.

its.like.that
08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
if federer was american they would have ;)

its.like.that
08-03-2005, 04:16 PM
how is it not true though? name a good tournament overseas that Rod has won... by the way, Queens is not a good tournament. it has a lot of history, but no one cares about it, except Henman and Rod and Hewitt.

its.like.that
08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
the US Open Series
designed to falsely inflate US players ranks so that casual fans think they are better than they actually are.

lol... yer

and my favourite: "wouldn't it be good to see Andre win the Open this year, so he can retire like Pete did..."

:haha::haha::haha:

I bet the USTA even tried to get the US Open called the "World Championship of Tennis", so that it could match the World Series of Baseball. Except that then only Americans would be allowed to play at Flushing Meadows, seeing as it would be a World event and all...

:haha::haha::haha:

Fee
08-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Lisa Dillman is a below average, part-time tennis writer. No one should ever take anything she says seriously. Ever.

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 05:26 PM
that article has one measly paragraph dealing specifically on atp tennis. it rags on roddick and agassi for not showing up together and mentions federer because, um hes no. 1 i the world. No mention of Safin(massaging women in italy), Hewitt(getting married mid season), Nadal who is specifically in europe. its not an attack on federer or a glorification of american players.

*Ljubica*
08-03-2005, 05:29 PM
the US Open Series

:haha: :haha:

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 05:29 PM
how is it not true though? name a good tournament overseas that Rod has won... by the way, Queens is not a good tournament. it has a lot of history, but no one cares about it, except Henman and Rod and Hewitt.
that week ts queens and halle right!! Safin(5) and Fed(1) go to Halle Hewitt (3)and Roddick(4) go to Queens.
Past winners:
2005 Andy Roddick
2004 Andy Roddick
2003 Andy Roddick
2002 Lleyton Hewitt
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Lleyton Hewitt
1999 Pete Sampras
1998 Scott Draper
1997 Mark Philippoussis
1996 Boris Becker
1995 Pete Sampras
1994 Todd Martin
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Wayne Ferreira
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Ivan Lendl
1989 Ivan Lendl
1988 Boris Becker
1987 Boris Becker
1986 Tim Mayotte
1985 Boris Becker
1984 John McEnroe
1983 Jimmy Connors
1982 Jimmy Connors
1981 John McEnroe
1980 John McEnroe
1979 John McEnroe

I mean who cares bout them!! :rolleyes:

tangerine_dream
08-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Lisa Dillman is a below average, part-time tennis writer. No one should ever take anything she says seriously. Ever.
I was just going to say. Lisa Dillman? LOL. Oh, ok.

nobama
08-03-2005, 05:40 PM
This article should've pointed out that Roger never had Indy, LA and DC on his schedule to begin with. Considering the number of matches he's already played this year, going far at RG and winning Wimbledon they shouldn't be surprised he's decided to go on holiday right now. I can't ever see him playing anything other than TMS and US Open in the North America.

1sun
08-03-2005, 05:41 PM
that article has one measly paragraph dealing specifically on atp tennis. it rags on roddick and agassi for not showing up together and mentions federer because, um hes no. 1 i the world. No mention of Safin(massaging women in italy), Hewitt(getting married mid season), Nadal who is specifically in europe. its not an attack on federer or a glorification of american players.
its definately a dig at certain players,and its funny she doesnt seem to mention certain players, she just selected a few she wanted to have a dig at. quite simply. trashy article anyway.

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 05:43 PM
This article should've pointed out that Roger never had Indy, LA and DC on his schedule to begin with. Considering the number of matches he's already played this year, going far at RG and winning Wimbledon they shouldn't be surprised he's decided to go on holiday right now. I can't ever see him playing anything other than TMS and US Open in the North America.
no thats too much info. then it would also have to point out that Andre is suffering and is aging so is picking his matches and roddick hadnt taken a break since wimbledon....... Talk about what Venus and Sharapova had on their schedules ;) .............its too much. it will blog down the article with so much secondary info.

1sun
08-03-2005, 05:44 PM
yeah definatley. but writers just wanna write their own shit and leave out important facts just to mislead people.

nobama
08-03-2005, 05:49 PM

The US Open is the worst of the slams - it is only important to the American players, and they have that stupid final set tiebreaker rule.

It's for these reasons and more that the best players just don't like to play in them.
Which top players have said they don't like playing in the States? In Federer's latest newsletter he says Miami is the most important tournament on tour - after the GS and TMC. And I saw him and Hewitt in IW and they both had high praise for the tournament/stadium and said they were looking forward to coming back next year.

1sun
08-03-2005, 05:51 PM
no thats too much info. then it would also have to point out that Andre is suffering and is aging so is picking his matches and roddick hadnt taken a break since wimbledon....... Talk about what Venus and Sharapova had on their schedules ;) .............its too much. it will blog down the article with so much secondary info.
its not too much info. writers cant just select the bits they wanna include to make their article misleading. the woman certainly knows y players arent playing the tournys but she fails to mention the reasons why so the article follow its purpose. making a dig. and to be honest, andy has had a few weeks of since wimbledon, played indy, only played a couple of matchs, easily could have played la, but didnt, and he commited to it so really he should have.

DJ dropshot
08-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Well, since it didn't mention steroids or NBA trades, I doubt anyone but us read it anyway.

oneandonlyhsn
08-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Well whether the writer is reputable or not she/he is right the series so far has been a bore. I am not a big clay fan and I enjoyed Umag over the other neighbouring tournies

its.like.that
08-03-2005, 06:16 PM
that week ts queens and halle right!! Safin(5) and Fed(1) go to Halle Hewitt (3)and Roddick(4) go to Queens.
Past winners:
2005 Andy Roddick
2004 Andy Roddick
2003 Andy Roddick
2002 Lleyton Hewitt
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Lleyton Hewitt
1999 Pete Sampras
1998 Scott Draper
1997 Mark Philippoussis
1996 Boris Becker
1995 Pete Sampras
1994 Todd Martin
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Wayne Ferreira
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Ivan Lendl
1989 Ivan Lendl
1988 Boris Becker
1987 Boris Becker
1986 Tim Mayotte
1985 Boris Becker
1984 John McEnroe
1983 Jimmy Connors
1982 Jimmy Connors
1981 John McEnroe
1980 John McEnroe
1979 John McEnroe

I mean who cares bout them!! :rolleyes:

lol... nothing changes over time, does it?

I mean, the US isn't trying to shifty the oil from the middle east anymore, now is it :p

its.like.that
08-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Which top players have said they don't like playing in the States? In Federer's latest newsletter he says Miami is the most important tournament on tour - after the GS and TMC. And I saw him and Hewitt in IW and they both had high praise for the tournament/stadium and said they were looking forward to coming back next year.

lol... I just remember hearing players complaining at USO press conferences over the years. The funniest would have to be Ivanisevic and Medvedev.

and players never have to speak diplomatically, do they? :eek: :lol:

of course the players will keep coming back, but for the money and the prestige of the Masters series and slam - not for the lovely tennis venues.

by the way, Miami is probably the nicest US tourney, location wise.

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 06:30 PM

I mean, the US isn't trying to shifty the oil from the middle east anymore, now is it :p
:confused:

its.like.that
08-04-2005, 07:45 AM
:confused:
things change over time.

Yes Queens used to be considered a prestigious tournament, but that is no longer the case.

It is now just another one of those boring space filling tourneys with no atmosphere and depth in terms of field, not unlike the whole 'US OPEN SERIES'.

:lol:

Action Jackson
08-04-2005, 07:50 AM
lol... I just remember hearing players complaining at USO press conferences over the years. The funniest would have to be Ivanisevic and Medvedev.

and players never have to speak diplomatically, do they? :eek: :lol:

of course the players will keep coming back, but for the money and the prestige of the Masters series and slam - not for the lovely tennis venues.

by the way, Miami is probably the nicest US tourney, location wise.

In the Stupid Journalists thread I have comments from Goran, Medvedev and Muster about the US Open slamming it and even Krickstein said why it wasn't surprising.

They are playing of course for the money and the prestige events, but saying anything otherwise you are anti-American twat.

Action Jackson
08-04-2005, 07:51 AM
the US Open Series

:worship:

Obvious, yet funny. They'd rate the winner of the US Open series higher than any Slam winner.

Nimomunz
08-04-2005, 12:00 PM
things change over time.

Yes Queens used to be considered a prestigious tournament, but that is no longer the case.

It is now just another one of those boring space filling tourneys with no atmosphere and depth in terms of field, not unlike the whole 'US OPEN SERIES'.

:lol:
i think you think that halle is not prestigious anymore because of the fact that Roddick won it? Does any tournament that Roddick enters (regardless of the depth of talent- Hewitt, Henman, Roddick) automatically become a Mickey Mouse tournie? Is Halle more prestigious just because Roger Federer entered it? :confused:

PamV
08-04-2005, 12:05 PM
It really is dull. But to blame Roger, give me a break.

Roger played a lot and won a string of tournaments at the start of the year, so I think they should realize he needs to pace himself now. He's knows if he plays too much his feet will be a problem.

PamV
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Well whether the writer is reputable or not she/he is right the series so far has been a bore. I am not a big clay fan and I enjoyed Umag over the other neighbouring tournies

We hardly get any TV coverage of these small tournies in the US any way. Any tounament that doesn't have two top 5 players entered becomes boring.

Nadal is the only one who isn't injured or recently married so that leaves the door wide open for him in Montreal.

Nimomunz
08-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Roger played a lot and won a string of tournaments at the start of the year, so I think they should realize he needs to pace himself now. He's knows if he plays too much his feet will be a problem.
she didnt blame roger.

its.like.that
08-04-2005, 05:52 PM
i think you think that halle is not prestigious anymore because of the fact that Roddick won it? Does any tournament that Roddick enters (regardless of the depth of talent- Hewitt, Henman, Roddick) automatically become a Mickey Mouse tournie? Is Halle more prestigious just because Roger Federer entered it? :confused:

I don't recall mentioning anything about Halle

:shrug:

G O
08-05-2005, 08:20 AM

Dumbass. :rolleyes:

G O
08-05-2005, 08:34 AM

Your kidding....right?

I'm curious, what makes the USOPEN the worst slam? I'm listening.

Your suggesting some the US evenst be switched to clay? There's an idea!

The best players don't like playing in them....Gaudio.

Sorry dude, there's six slams, three of them are located in the US. I know that hurts, i'm sorry.

1sun
08-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Dumbass. :rolleyes:
thats not what your mama said to me last night. piss of u twat.

1sun
08-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Your kidding....right?

Sorry dude, there's six slams, three of them are located in the US. I know that hurts, i'm sorry.
i know it must hurt that america has the worst slam.ull get over it. and o yeah, take your head outa your arse.

*Ljubica*
08-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm confused by the "six Slams".......... :confused: I know some people talk about Miami as the "5th Slam" (rubbish in my opinion but there have been many threads already about that) - but what the hell is this mysterious "6th Slam"? There are only 4 Slams - equal in terms of importance, prize money etc. I have my own personal favourite and least favourite - so have most other people including the players .............but what is this 6th one? :confused:

gooner88
08-05-2005, 02:41 PM
The 6th slam is Houston.

*Ljubica*
08-05-2005, 02:44 PM
The 6th slam is Houston.

:haha: :haha: Of course I should have known!!

NicoFan
08-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm confused by the "six Slams".......... :confused: I know some people talk about Miami as the "5th Slam" (rubbish in my opinion but there have been many threads already about that) - but what the hell is this mysterious "6th Slam"? There are only 4 Slams - equal in terms of importance, prize money etc. I have my own personal favourite and least favourite - so have most other people including the players .............but what is this 6th one? :confused:

I'm confused by it too - and agree, Miami isn't a 5th Slam.

As for the success and failure of the US Open series, I would call it a failure too with the top players sitting home.

Personally, I don't just watch tennis for the top players - used to and life was much easier then because didn't have to worry about rankings, whether my favorites would actually get into tournaments, seeds, etc. etc. ;) - so I can enjoy a tournaments whether Roger, Andy, Rafa, et al are there or not - but I realize that Josephine/Joe Average Fan needs to have the top ten players or they won't turn on their TVs.

nobama
08-05-2005, 06:13 PM
I think they're referring to Indian Wells. I'm not sure why Miami and IW are considered 5th and 6th slam...maybe because it's a WTA and ATP event? I know at the Pro Tennis Choice Awards earlier this year Miami was named the TMS tournament of the year by the players.

nobama
08-05-2005, 06:16 PM
:haha: :haha: Of course I should have known!!
Hey, at the Pro Tennis Choice Awards earlier this year Houston along with the Synsam Swedish Open was named favorite International Series as voted for by the players. :scratch:

its.like.that
08-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Your kidding....right?

LMAO!!!!!!

ok DUDE, BRO, MAN, HOMIE, lets get a few things straight.

1. when did I suggest that some of the US events be switched to clay?

2. what are these extra 2 slams? and you say that they are located in the US - are you referring to the spirit or the body of the slam? :lol:

3. and I've already mentioned why the US Open is the least liked by non-yank players, aiiight?

peace out chump :cool:

G O
08-06-2005, 10:36 AM

And he was born in the US :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
08-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Hey, at the Pro Tennis Choice Awards earlier this year Houston along with the Synsam Swedish Open was named favorite International Series as voted for by the players. :scratch:

One wonders WHICH players - as most of the Top 50 are in Europe by then preparing for Monte Carlo and the European clay court season :confused: Thanks for the info though.

Castafiore
08-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Sorry dude, there's six slams, three of them are located in the US. I know that hurts, i'm sorry. :scratch:
Sorry dude, but there are only 4 slams and 3 out of the 4 are outside the US. I know it hurts, sorry. ;)

Seriously, though. Same question as the others have: how did you come up with "there's six slams"? Where is slam n°5 and 6 (other than in your head, I mean)?

G O
08-06-2005, 11:29 AM
:scratch:
Sorry dude, but there are only 4 slams and 3 out of the 4 are outside the US. I know it hurts, sorry. ;)

Seriously, though. Same question as the others have: how did you come up with "there's six slams"? Where is slam n°5 and 6 (other than in your head, I mean)?

No it doesn't hurt actually.

Did I say 3 out of 4 are US? Well nevermind that. There is a fifth slam though.

Castafiore
08-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Did I say 3 out of 4 are US?
:scratch: You said "3 out of 6 slams are located in the US" so you seem to attach a lot of importance on slams being located in the US even up to the point of inventing two slams on US soil.
So, I pointed out that 3 out of the 4 slams are outside the US to help you a bit with your geography. :)

There is a fifth slam though
:banghead:
Which tournament is slam n°5 and where the hell is slam n°6 exactly? More importantly, since when are those two officially a "slam"?
Calling it a slam does not make it slam. That's just wishful thinking.

Action Jackson
08-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Yes, Houston is the 5th Slam.

its.like.that
08-06-2005, 11:59 AM
If anything deserves to be a 5th slam, its the floater - the Olympics ;).

mitalidas
08-06-2005, 12:07 PM
No it doesn't hurt actually.

The ATP website says there are 4 slams. Tennis players recognize only 4. Usually, people would accept the ATP's and players' word on this matter over a fan's. So what source are you leaning on to say there are 6 (or even 5) slams?:confused:

Action Jackson
08-06-2005, 12:09 PM
The ATP website says there are 4 slams. Tennis players recognize only 4. Usually, people would accept the ATP's and players' word on this matter over a fan's. So what source are you leaning on to say there are 6 (or even 5) slams?:confused:

Don't be confused, he's just going on with usual excrement.

its.like.that
08-06-2005, 12:11 PM
why can't Delray Beach be considered the 2nd slam of the year?

it normally draws a strong draw

:p

TheBoiledEgg
08-06-2005, 02:23 PM
why can't Delray Beach be considered the 2nd slam of the year?

it normally draws a strong draw

:p

you'd find a stronger draw at your local IKEA
would that make it a slam :p :devil: